PDA

View Full Version : Item to fill hand slot for a wizard

ayvango
2019-06-07, 01:37 PM
Magic items normally have severe competition for body slots. With the exception to the hand slot. I tried to find something interesting and failed. What item could you advice to place in the hand slot on low and mid levels?

For now I negotiate DM to house-rule Hand of the Mage. Now it is a pair of fancy elf leather gloves which could be used to manipulate items on distance as long as character has a free hand.

Biggus
2019-06-07, 02:36 PM
You don't have any use for a Dex-boosting item?

Other than that, MiC has a couple that could be useful; Arcanist's Gloves (p.72) for only 500GP which increase caster level for 1st-level spells 2/day, or if you regularly use spells which require touch attacks there are Gloves of Fortunate Striking (p.105, 2000GP) which enable you to reroll an attack 1/day.

TalonOfAnathrax
2019-06-07, 03:26 PM
From Bunko's Bargain Basement : Chainmail Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant (Online (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20020130a), 10,000 gp): It says and I quote, "The chainmail glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant also senses any creature within 120 feet who intends harm to the possessor, mentally alerting him or her of the danger from an unfriendly creature. (It does not however give any other clue to the identity of the threat.)" It's like Detect Harmful, if there was such a cheater spell.

Otherwise, use the MiC rules and make Gloves of +2 Constitution or something.

Troacctid
2019-06-07, 04:35 PM
A few from my warlock handbook:

Gloves of Object Reading (3000 gp)
Shadow Hands, Novice (3000 gp)
Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting (4000 gp)

Rynjin
2019-06-07, 10:23 PM
It's like Detect Harmful, if there was such a cheater spell.

But there is! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/detectHostileIntent.htm)

Well, power, but you get the idea.

Anyhow, did the Gloves of Reconnaissance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/e-g/gloves-of-reconnaissance) exist in 3.5? They're a pretty good all purpose item.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-06-07, 11:21 PM
Shadow Hands (ToB, variant of Crown of the White Raven), Novice level, of Shadow Jaunt (minimum character level 6th).
Gloves of the Starry Sky (MIC, Raiment of the Four set)
Gloves of the Uldra Savant (MIC)
Gloves of Lightning (MIC)
Glove of Storing (DMG) or Glove of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk)

Ramza00
2019-06-07, 11:52 PM
Glove of the Master Strategist (mentioned earlier by Biffoniacus_Furiou) is a Ghostwalk 3.0 magic item that is super cheap. I love it not for its mechanics (which is awesome) but it it is cheap and just flavorful.

For 3600 GP you get Gloves of Storing+True Strike 1 / day. I just love the flavor of a mage doing sleight of hand where now you see X and now you do not. Playing with Object Permanence and Sleight of Hand is just a different style of magican when there is actual magic in the world with wizards and clerics and so on. And being 3600 GP or even cheaper if you craft it allows low level characters to enjoy this fun.