PDA

View Full Version : Making a fallen paladin

tarlison2k1
2019-06-08, 02:23 AM
I was thinking of making a fallen Paladin oath kinda thinking most of his spell is either defence or something he can use to escape, as for melee, he is just normal when he is not alone but deadly when gang up lately this is what I come up with,since I made. Oath Breaker into a regular Paladin who have their own oath

The Fallen
**** The fallen are paladin who have fall from thier grace, they tend to be loners and are quite effective when ganged up and fighting alone, Fallens are often look down at best , haunted at worst by their previous order.

Fallen Spell
Paladin Level**************** * Spells
3rd.*************************** ******** Shield
******************************************* Expeditious Retreat
5ft.****************************** ****** Invisibility
************************************** ***** Misty Step
9th.************************************* Water Breathing
************************************* ****** Fly
13th.********************************** Dimension door
******************************************** Greater Invisibility
17th************************************ Passwall
*****************************.************** Mislead

Channel Divinity
*** When you become a fallen at third level, you gain two channel divinity.

Fallenīs Edict: As an action, you can issue a command that compels other creatures not to battle with you, each creature of your choice that you can see within 30feet away from you must make a wisdom saving throw, on a failed save, a creature cannot willingly move towards you or make an attack on you, this effect ends when you attack or damage a creature or your incapacitated or die or you move towards the creature* or if you don't move away from them* the turns after you use this or* if the creature is more than 40ft away from you

Save Your Selves: If an ally or you is damage from an attack, as a reaction you may teleport the target 5ft+5ft per point of charisma modifier (minimum 1) away from the point of the target's origin as well as gain resistance to that attack

Fallen's Rage
**** Starting 7th level, whenever there is no allies within 30ft of you and you are engage on two or more enemies, during you attack action, you may attack all enemies within melee reach of you per attack.

Fallen's Resolve
*** Starting level 15 whenever your Fallen Rage is in play ,you gain damage equal to the number of enemy who are engaged with you* (minimum 1)

Fallen's Desperation
*** At 20th level, your cry of duyesperation have reach its peak, when fallen's rage is on, you can use your action to gain the following for five minute
+your critical hit is 18-20
+you gain extra attack
+you can use Teleport as a bonus action but it will end it's effect after using this ability
This effect and the fallen's rage effect may not end even if the fallen's rage isnt meet ,but it can end its effect if r you are incapacitated or dead you cant use it again until you get a long* rest

Can you help me guys on balancing it up,

Bannan_mantis
2019-06-08, 03:55 AM
I was thinking of making a fallen Paladin oath kinda thinking most of his spell is either defence or something he can use to escape, as for melee, he is just normal when he is not alone but deadly when gang up lately this is what I come up with,since I made. Oath Breaker into a regular Paladin who have their own oath

The Fallen
**** The fallen are paladin who have fall from thier grace, they tend to be loners and are quite effective when ganged up and fighting alone, Fallens are often look down at best , haunted at worst by their previous order.

Fallen Spell
Paladin Level**************** * Spells
3rd.*************************** ******** Shield
******************************************* Expeditious Retreat
5ft.****************************** ****** Invisibility
************************************** ***** Misty Step
9th.************************************* Water Breathing
************************************* ****** Fly
13th.********************************** Dimension door
******************************************** Greater Invisibility
17th************************************ Passwall
*****************************.************** Mislead

Channel Divinity
*** When you become a fallen at third level, you gain two channel divinity.

Fallenīs Edict: As an action, you can issue a command that compels other creatures not to battle with you, each creature of your choice that you can see within 30feet away from you must make a wisdom saving throw, on a failed save, a creature cannot willingly move towards you or make an attack on you, this effect ends when you attack or damage a creature or your incapacitated or die or you move towards the creature* or if you don't move away from them* the turns after you use this or* if the creature is more than 40ft away from you

Save Your Selves: If an ally or you is damage from an attack, as a reaction you may teleport the target 5ft+5ft per point of charisma modifier (minimum 1) away from the point of the target's origin as well as gain resistance to that attack

Fallen's Rage
**** Starting 7th level, whenever there is no allies within 30ft of you and you are engage on two or more enemies, during you attack action, you may attack all enemies within melee reach of you per attack.

Fallen's Resolve
*** Starting level 15 whenever your Fallen Rage is in play ,you gain damage equal to the number of enemy who are engaged with you* (minimum 1)

Fallen's Desperation
*** At 20th level, your cry of duyesperation have reach its peak, when fallen's rage is on, you can use your action to gain the following for five minute
+your critical hit is 18-20
+you gain extra attack
+you can use Teleport as a bonus action but it will end it's effect after using this ability
This effect and the fallen's rage effect may not end even if the fallen's rage isnt meet ,but it can end its effect if r you are incapacitated or dead you cant use it again until you get a long* rest

Can you help me guys on balancing it up,

hey so I first would ask why exactly you've made this when there's already a oathbreaker paladin but that aside it's overall quite OP.

Spells - overall these are fine, I don't see any problem

Channel divinity - first one feels very weird, like it feels like a weaker version of the oath of conquest's first channel divinity so I'd recommend changing it to that. Second ability seems fine

Fallen's rage - yeah just no. This is absurdly broken, attacking all enemies within range? With extra attack that's a minimum of 4 attacks in a turn and then a maximum of 16. Plus since the same attack is used on each target then one use of smite is essentially doubled in terms of effectiveness at a minimum. Yes there's the limits with allies being away from you but it's a boost that's at a minimum it's a similar boost in power fighters receive at Level 20 and that's minimum not maximum. Plus there's reach weapons which increase the maximum number of attacks to 40 in one round which yeah just no. Overall this feels like a level 20 ability or something higher than that so de power this heavily.

Fallen's resolve - I'd recommend putting some sort of limit to this (charisma modifier would be good) but considering how it ranges depending on the encounter it's not that bad

Fallen's Desperation - overall ok but some better wording on the last ability would be nice. It seems like a more offensive version of the oath of conquest's ability so it's fine

tarlison2k1
2019-06-08, 05:09 AM
Thanks maybe I will limit the number he can attack to 1 + his charisma modifiers (minimum of 1) also the bonus damage thanks for the advice

tarlison2k1
2019-06-08, 05:19 AM
hey so I first would ask why exactly you've made this when there's already a oathbreaker paladin but that aside it's overall quite OP.

Channel divinity - first one feels very weird, like it feels like a weaker version of the oath of conquest's first channel divinity so I'd recommend changing it to that. Second ability seems fine

Fallen's rage - yeah just no. This is absurdly broken, attacking all enemies within range? With extra attack that's a minimum of 4 attacks in a turn and then a maximum of 16. Plus since the same attack is used on each target then one use of smite is essentially doubled in terms of effectiveness at a minimum. Yes there's the limits with allies being away from you but it's a boost that's at a minimum it's a similar boost in power fighters receive at Level 20 and that's minimum not maximum. Plus there's reach weapons which increase the maximum number of attacks to 40 in one round which yeah just no. Overall this feels like a level 20 ability or something higher than that so de power this heavily.

Fallen's resolve - I'd recommend putting some sort of limit to this (charisma modifier would be good) but considering how it ranges depending on the encounter it's not that bad

Fallen's Desperation - overall ok but some better wording on the last ability would be nice. It seems like a more offensive version of the oath of conquest's ability so it's fine

Thanks I will change the fallen rage can you give any suggestions I was thinking of can only attack a number of creature 1+charisma modifiers (minimum of 1), and you can only use 1 Smith. Per attack still thinking thanks 😊

tarlison2k1
2019-06-08, 05:47 AM

Just change it to this
allen's Rage
**** Starting 7th level, whenever there is no allies within 30ft and there is two or more engage on you,then If someone make a melee attack to you within your reach, you may make a single attack against it, you can use this a maximum number of times per turn equal to your charisma modifier minimum of one

Fallen's Resolve
*** Starting level 15 whenever your Fallen Rage is in play ,you gain damage on your weapon attack equal to 2 per use of successful reactive attack from the fallen rage of the previous turn

Bannan_mantis
2019-06-08, 07:43 AM
Just change it to this
allen's Rage
**** Starting 7th level, whenever there is no allies within 30ft and there is two or more engage on you,then If someone make a melee attack to you within your reach, you may make a single attack against it, you can use this a maximum number of times per turn equal to your charisma modifier minimum of one

Fallen's Resolve
*** Starting level 15 whenever your Fallen Rage is in play ,you gain damage on your weapon attack equal to 2 per use of successful reactive attack from the fallen rage of the previous turn

Yeah Fallen's rage feels better now. You haven't really put a number of uses on it though but saying it's used a number of times equal to your charisma modifier per long rest could work. One good way to compare this too is battlemaster's riposte which grants you the same thing only it's a per short rest version, it's only prerequisite is that you are targeted by a melee attack that misses and that you have extra damage. Considering that this is a extra resource it being a weaker version of riposte is a good idea. Additionally it keeps in line with your idea of this being a good in numbers style paladin

Only thing to say on fallen's resolve is....I am confused by your wording. How does this work exactly? From what I can tell you gain a amount of damage equal to 2 per use of fallen rage....which will only ever be one since Fallen rage is a reaction and you get one reaction

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 12:36 PM
First off, that spell list is probably too good. It's basically all choice cuts of spell, and not super thematic ones either.

Fallen's Edict is really confusing-and probably too powerful anyway.
Save Yourselves is probably okay.

Fallen's Rage is way too good. Also, what do you mean by engaged?

Fallen's Resolve is probably fine, except it builds off Rage.

Fallen's Desperation isn't worded in a way that makes sense.

Finally, we have a hombrew forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design) for this kind of stuff. You should post it there, not here.