PDA

View Full Version : Raccoons And Riots [IC]

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 01:01 PM
You probably have a lot of questions. I'll try to answer as best I can-but pretty soon, you're gonna have to see Sandayu, the little raccoon tells you.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-08, 03:56 PM
Agatha yawned, scratching her head. Things were still fuzzy, and her eye felt funny, but she tried to shake it off. There was a big Raccoon talking to her, like a living stuffed animal. Thing was adorable, and it was tempting to lean over and give him a scratch on his round tummy. Seemed to be very serious. " No, no questions" she said, looking around. " Usually once I realize I am dreaming, it's right as I start waking up, so I'm fine just rolling with it" She absently noted there were other people around, but nobody she recognized "Guess Brit isn't joining us tonight? Shame" she commeyto nobody, referring to her highschool crush and frequent dream guest star.

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 04:04 PM
Ponpoko looks at Agatha, and says Um, ma'am, this isn't a dream. Do you need me to pinch you or something? Because... Well, this is real.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-08, 04:44 PM
Agatha smiled back at the raccoon, reaching a hand out and scratching between it's ears "I'm more into spanking
or biting thann pinching, but hey, you do you man" Her attitude was relaxed, unconcerned with the strange circumstances she'd found herself in. Giving one last stretch, starting at her toes and flexing up to her fingertips, she hopped up onto her feet. "Yeah, feels good to get moving again. Think I got a crink in my neck from the floor here" she also felt her eye was still itching, and absently rubbed at it with one hand, knocking a lock of hair loose as she did "Hmm? Oh, purple hair? That's neat I guess. Guess my subconscious wants me to dye it. Jee if it isn't long enough though: I feel like Rapunzel or something." Far as her memory told her, Agatha had always had short cropped Brown hair, like a lump of mud stuck to her scalp."You got any snacks or something? I could kill for a burger right about now"

Lord of Gifts
2019-06-08, 05:27 PM
Lily came round gradually, and started to sit up. Everything was still a blur. She thought she remembered buildings collapsing, but if that was right, then why wasn't she hurt? Mind, she could swear that racoon had just started talking, so maybe she wasn't completely fine. There was a girl with purple hair, who she had never seen before, asking the racoon for a burger, though she seemed to think it was a dream, and two other sleeping people. Lily's dreams were never this vivid, so she would have ruled that theory out, but the talking racoon was really quite odd.

Gathering her wits, she decided to open with the most pressing questions. "Where is this place? How did we get here?"

As an afterthought, she turned towards the other woman and introduced herself. "I'm Lily. And I don't know what this is, but I'm pretty sure it isn't your dream."

gryffydd65
2019-06-08, 05:34 PM
You probably have a lot of questions. I'll try to answer as best I can-but pretty soon, you're gonna have to see Sandayu, the little raccoon tells you.

Brian stumbled out of bed, watching the cloaked figure through the shattered glass window, as he suddenly realized there was a raccoon talking to him.
I am Brian, my sister she is working the night shift. I ... I have to find her. Can you or this Sandy guy help me? he looked around the destroyed room, searching for his sweat pants and grabbed them quicker than he had ever seen someone move before in his life.

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 05:45 PM
You're in a small meadow, surrounded by trees, not where you were when everything went to hell.

To Lily, Ponpoko says This is our home. I'm not sure what you guys would call it, but we know it as Pamtal. As for your sister... he continues to Brian, we didn't find anyone else with you. Sandayu might know more-he was the first on the scene-but at least we didn't find a body or anything, he finishes a little lamely.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-08, 06:19 PM
Agatha shook her head, fighting back a smile, but failing as her lips curled into a knowing grin. She strolled towards the girl, giving her a once over. "Oh, Sweetie...look, you're cute, but I don't think your that bright. Of course its my dream...couldn't be anyone elses, right?" The other guy was rolling up, so Agatha gave him a cheerful "Yup, rise and shine buddy. You want to get us some bagels? Maybe a place to sit?" she gave a dismissive wave of her hand, which conjured a shower of sparking lights which quickly swirled into a comfortable looking sofa and coffee table. "Huh, that's useful" She mused, returning to speaking with Lily "See that? Pretty sure I couldn't manage that if it wasn't my dream." She then flopped down on the couch, putting her feet up on the table. She rubbed at her eye again, mumbling "damn, this is easily the itchest dream I've ever had"

Using Conjuration to make some comfortable seating'

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 07:14 PM
Ma'am, I really want you to know that- Ponpoko starts.

He's cut off, though, as a raccoon dressed in red samurai armor and a flowing golden cape staggers in to the clearing. Ponpoko-leave now.

Yes sir! he replies. At once. But... Are you, you know... Okay?

I'll be fine, the samurai raccoon responds. Now go.

Ponpoko scurries off. The samurai turns to face you all. I am Sandayu. And this is no dream-more like a nightmare.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-08, 07:44 PM
The more impressive raccon was, as would be suggested, more impressive. Agatha gave a whistle to indicate her acknowledgment. "Nice to meet you Sandy, names Agatha. Not a great name, I know, but hey, its what I got"

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 07:48 PM
Sandayu levels his gaze at Agatha. He sighs, looking down, but when his face comes back up to meet her gaze, he has a smile. It's a pleasure to meet you as well.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-08, 07:54 PM
"So, nice place you got here. Do you have eyedrops or something? I think I'm having some kind of allergic reaction." Agatha continued, still rubbing at her eye, which had begun radiating an eerie green glow, which was steadily growing in brightness.

Izzarra
2019-06-08, 08:29 PM
A young woman dressed in a red and white robe with silvery white hair and vulpine ears is using her large fluffy tail as a pillow.

She mutters "Just five more minutes Sensei" as she rolls over.

JNAProductions
2019-06-08, 08:30 PM
Sandayu walks over, slowly, to the sleeping woman, and shakes her. Come on, up and at 'em. We've got a lot to talk about.

Izzarra
2019-06-08, 09:30 PM
Yume sits up and rubs her eyes, not fully awake. "Sensei why are you a tanooki?"

JNAProductions
2019-06-09, 09:19 AM
I'm not your sensei-though I appreciate the honorific, Sandayu replies. Get up, and take a few moments to adjust yourself.

Once Yume is a bit more awake, he starts talking again. We rescued you, when the beings from the dark dimension attacked. While we tried to rescue everyone we could, most of the people we left behind, to rebuild from the rubble and destruction. You four, though-there's a spark in you. Powers, made manifest when the breach between worlds became apparent. You might've noticed yourself feeling stronger, faster-maybe even manifesting some powers you didn't know you had before. At least one of you definitely did, because I didn't have a couch here before. We can help teach you, guide you through your trials of learning your powers, and possibly even provide some extra equipment, should you need it. Because right now... The world's in danger. And you four are some of the best hopes for saving it.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-09, 02:44 PM
Lounging on the manifested sofa, Agatha felt something inside her that, while minor on its own, still stirred with profound implications: Doubt. While not any sort of practitioner, she'd heard about lucid dreams and even experienced them a few times herself. That was what she presumed this to be, afterall, just a dream that she'd happened to wake up part way through. But as she listened to the words of the armor clad ringtail, that creeping down began to crawl somewhere deep in her gut. She suspected that she ought be waking up by now, fully and completely. That this little fantasy, quaint and charming as it was, should be fading away, and with a blink of her eyes she'd awaken within her comfortable bed and soon forget about any of this nonsense.

The doubt she felt was because, it didn't feel like things were winding down. The narrative was moving forward, and more distressing was that she noted how the details of her surroundings were simply more vivid, more real than any dream she'd recalled having. Doubt uncurled and was working its way up her throat, and she felt it becoming hard to breath as she tried to rally her rational brain against it. Raccoons can't talk, fox-eared girls don't exist, and she certainly couldn't just snap her fingers and make an IKEA furniture set appear with a pop.

Agatha tried to speak, but found her mouth unexpectedly dry, making the words come out as more of a sputter than anything. "I...uh...listen, you seem real great and all but" She shook her head, trying to battle down the dreadful uncertainty, to hide it where it could be ignored. "This...this isn't real, and even if it was...I think you got the wrong idea. I can't even pass my AP classes, so if you are looking for some savior, you came to the wrong place"

Izzarra
2019-06-09, 02:44 PM
Yume becomes aware of her surroundings and wakes up with a jolt. She quickly gets to her feet and turns away to straighten her robes.

Turning back to face Sandayu, Yume bows "My name is Tsukiyomi, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope I can be of some assistance."

JNAProductions
2019-06-09, 07:03 PM
Sandayu places his hand on Agatha's leg, being the only place he can reasonably reach. I know it's a lot to take in. Take your time-or, at least, a little bit of time. But we have important work to do.

Sandayu seems like his patience is getting tested. While he's trying to be understanding and whatnot, he's getting ready to slap Agatha and shake her till she listens.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-09, 07:44 PM
Agatha could sense that the Head-Raccoon, Sandayu, was straining to keep his cool. It was funny, and that helped her keep it together. The stress was something she could handle. "Ok, dream or no, I'll roll with your story." She looked to the three otjers, doing a double take on the weird fox girl, and gave the warmest smile she could manage, which was still rather overcast and chilly "You all can call me Agatha. Guess we are saving the world together. Should be fun."

Agatha is mostly just trying to rationalize, anyone who looks can see that it's just a coping mechanism, and that she doesn't really believe it's a dream, even if she doesn't know what IS happening.

gryffydd65
2019-06-10, 02:45 PM
Brian looked at the others, talking raccoons and beautiful women, this was indeed a strange and wonderful place.
What do you mean another dimension? Another world, like the ones nerds talk about at lunch in high school? He suddenly felt shy standing in only sweat pants.

Say can we get that equipment you were talking about, you do have it in my size, I hope.

JNAProductions
2019-06-10, 06:39 PM
I don't think you'll be needing anything extra, Sandayu responds. Your body should be enough for you.

gryffydd65
2019-06-10, 06:57 PM
I meant as in clothes, I'm only fourteen if you know what that means sir?
Brian looked at the others trying to determine if he was the youngest of these new heroes.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-10, 07:50 PM
Agatha chimed in, joining the younger guy "Actually, yeah, I'm with..." She hesitated, but patted the kid on the back "...didn't actually catch your name, but he is right. If we are saving the world, we could use some body armor, bare minimum"

JNAProductions
2019-06-10, 08:43 PM
You'll find yourselves stronger than you think. But, as for clothes, Sandayu says, shaking his head, we have some. They've been scavenged from various places, so no guarantees on how they'll fit.

Tantan! he calls out.

A large and a bit chubby raccoon comes out. Yes? he says.

Lead these folk to where we keep the scavenged items. Let them dress themselves and take what they need.

Sure. Come on! he says, walking off.

Izzarra
2019-06-11, 11:02 PM
"It is most kind of you to offer what you can." - Yume

gryffydd65
2019-06-12, 11:06 AM
I am Brian, pleased to meet all of you. I don't mean to pry sir, but are you all raccoons on this world? Bian looked at the others, noticing the fox ears. Miss? Have you always had fox ears or do you come someplace else?

JNAProductions
2019-06-12, 12:58 PM
We're still on Earth, you know, Tantan replies. Just a place you've probably never been.

gryffydd65
2019-06-13, 01:12 PM
I'm hungry, I missed breakfast during all this rescuing. Brian looked hopefully at the chubby raccoon and his new teammates.

JNAProductions
2019-06-13, 01:17 PM
Tantan nods. Whatcha want to eat? We got meat, berries, roots...

gryffydd65
2019-06-13, 04:54 PM
Tantan nods. Whatcha want to eat? We got meat, berries, roots...Is the meat cooked?I don't eat raw meat, but berries are fine and roots if cooked. Brian said as his stomach growled.

Lord of Gifts
2019-06-13, 06:02 PM
Apparently the raccoons have samurai, which was actually pretty cool. Sandayu seemed rather friendly, given the circumstances. That they were expected to save the world from beings from the dark dimension was somewhat more intimidating, and Lily wasn't entirely sure she was prepared for it. On the other hand, she realised that while processing this information, she was subconsciously thinking about some of her work, and had made multiple significant breakthroughs in the span of seconds. Stepping to follow after the others, she found herself moving far faster than humanly possible. She was pretty sure she couldn't do that before, and the whole situation was starting to seem more real.

JNAProductions
2019-06-13, 06:28 PM
Tantan leads you to what can best be described as a heap of random crap, saying We can make a fire for you to cook it yourselves. Don't know why'd you want to, though.

In the heap, there's plenty of random things you wouldn't expect-an old Nintendo DS, a bunch of clothes, some money, a watch... Most of it not in particularly good repair, but serviceable enough.

Izzarra
2019-06-13, 08:53 PM
"My ears? Of course they have always been this way. I am from a small shrine in the mountains outside of Kyoto." - Yume

gryffydd65
2019-06-14, 08:04 PM
"My ears? Of course they have always been this way. I am from a small shrine in the mountains outside of Kyoto." - Yume

So you haven't seen much of the world then? he rummaged the pile of clothes, grabbing a medium black t shirt, despite being hungry he realized he was wide awake and no matter what he stepped on he really didn't feel it.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-15, 05:00 PM
Agatha looked through the piles of...assorted detritus and cast off bits. "Not a lot to go on here to save the world" She muttered to herself. Then it occurred to her that much could be said about their overall...everything else. Just some vague comments on newfound abilities and a sort of nebulous extra dimensional threat. Still, she tried to find something, anything, that could be of use.

As she was digging around the pile (and trying very hard not to be to insulting by thinking of it as garbage), she felt a weird sort of...pressure would be a close approximation, but that didn't quite capture the feeling of it. It was like finding a new muscle and suddenly straining to flex it, a sensation between her eyes on the center of her forehead, like a spillway opening up. Her senses seemed to drop out of the world, expanding outwards fast enough to give her vertigo. Through the swirling headache she'd developed, a note of clarity struck through, drawing her towards one of the corners of the room. There, underneith a gaudy looking fur coat that had to be at least a century old, she found a steamer trunk with a heavy duty padlock on it. It was radiating...something. An energy, an aura, call it what you wanted, but it drew her attention inescapably. "Ok...lets see about opening you up".

Her first attempt was just to jiggle the lock and see if she could pull it loose. Maybe the thing wasn't even clamed shut. That didn't go anywhere, so she moved on to plan B. Gripping with both hands, Agatha gave as firm a tug as she could manage, pressing the bottoms of her feet against the trunk for extra leverage. All that plan B accomplished was reminding her of all the gym classes she'd skilled, with an echoing memory of her school P.E. teacher scolding that she'd regret not getting in shape one day.

So when brute force failed, she had to get more creative. The Raccons had seemed awafully sure that she'd somehow been transformed by the world ending. Something had awakened in her. Guess it was time to try and confront that. "Course, superpowers don't come with manuals" she grumbled. Instict was about the only thing she had to go on, so she furrowed her brow in concerntation and just tried to do what felt natural.

Pointing a finger at the lock, she took a slow breath in, closed her eyes, and tried to concentrate on activating whatever was inside her. As she did, she felt a sort of energy swirling up inside her, like a lightning bolt that had erupted from nowhere and was now trapped in her nerves. It raced down her arm, and as it reached the tip of her finger, words appeared in her mind with a force that entirely bypassed her conscious mind, took hold of her vocal cords, and made her blurt out "Sbepr"

A blast of raw, unfocused energy shot out of her fingertip, splitting the lock in two with the force of a small cannon blast. It sent the steamer trunk spinning through the air, before it struck the wall of the chamber hard enough to imbed itself a good 6 inches into the surface. "HOLY ****" Agatha exclaimed, knocked over backwards by the force of her spellwork, momentarily stunned.

The lid on the trunk rattled a moment, and then popped open. Inside wasn't clothing, or treasure, or anything else that Agatha might have expected, but out came a roiling black smoke that smelled of sulfur and which prowled along the floor like a cat, darting towards Agatha in a hearbeat, and twice as quickly transforming from a roiling mass of inky vapor into a young demon who was dressed, out of all possible things, like an honest to god french maid.

The demonette stood with her hands on her hips, looking down at Agatha, who had given up trying to keep track of the eighteen or nineteen impossible things that had happened in the last 5 seconds and was just sitting there paralyzed. With a voice that was a smooth as the finest egyptian cotton and twice as luxurious, at least as far as the sound of it. Once she actually started speaking, the effect was somewhat lessened "So, you are, like, my new master then, or whatever? Humph, well that is just perfect. I spend, like, a hundred years or whatever in some stupid box, and I get some nobody conjurer? Soooooo lame" She sounded like a board teenager who had just been told that she'd lost her phone privliges and was debating whether or not to throw a tantrum. "Alright, lets get this over with or whatever.

The demon girl snapped her fingers, and Agatha was engulfed in a flash of light, which quickly transformed her clothing, replacing the t-shirt and shorts with a bizzare looking robe, coat, and a broad rimed hat. In her hands appeared a sceptar, while a runing amulet clasped itself around her neck. "I am the great demon Lashophet, and I am duty bound to serve you, oh great master, as your familiar. I will carry your burdens, do your bidding, and keep your council until the moment of your death" She gave a long eye roll and then offered a hand to get her master up of the floor. "Lucky Lucky me"

Agatha accepted the hand hesitatingly, gulping a little as she took the demons grip and let herself be pulled back to her feet. So she had cast some kind of spell, summoned a demon, which had now pledged to serve her forever. Usually these kinds of stories end with the would-be-wizard losing their soul and ending up being damned to eternal torture. "Uh...high there Lashophet...so, I guess...can I call you Lash for short?" The demon let out a loud, annoyed groan "Urg...fine, whatever"

Lashophet
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7d/27/41/7d27411c5c637dfa2ab76cedce84afc4.jpg

JNAProductions
2019-06-15, 05:29 PM
We're a bunch of raccoons. What do you expect? Tantan asks. Outside Sandayu, we're really not much to talk about. Oh, by the way, Sandayu wanted to tell you something else-something like, um... Crap, it was... No, not that...

All of the sudden, a short blade embeds itself mere inches from Yume's leg. Be prepared. At any moment, Sandayu says. Now fight me-show me your strength!

Roll initiative!

Which I will do once I get Sandayu sufficiently statted up. I'm still new to this.

gryffydd65
2019-06-17, 09:15 PM
Brian runs quickly towards Sandayu and tries to grab the warrior, but he just misses as his opponent steps out of the way with a quick dodge.

Izzarra
2019-06-18, 12:19 AM
"A test?"

Yume retrieves the blade and holds it out between both hands as she bows to Sandayu, then takes up a well practiced stance. However, Brian rushes in without observing any such etiquette.

It is not proper to interfere with a training match unless that is the point of the exercise so Yume takes up a defensive stance, in case this is not normal training.

Will take a Defend action.

JNAProductions
2019-06-18, 10:19 AM
Come on, fight! Sandayu says, backing away from Brian. As he does, you see something left behind where he was-a sort of afterimage. Definitely in raccoon shape, but unlike Sandayu's graceful moves, this raccoon seems more feral, more brutish.

Init roll for the newcomer, if it's needed. I'm not totally sure.

[roll0]

Lord of Gifts
2019-06-18, 12:46 PM
Lily jumped in surprise when the blade landed next to Yume. Sandayu seemed a competent warrior, apparently even by the standard of magical animals. Only that morning, she would have offered about as much resistance as wet tissue paper. But she had these gifts now, and was already starting to put them to use. In the others had being looking through the pile, she had figured out a few devices she could jury rig from the scrap.

When the fighting started, she got to work, and in the blink of an eye was wearing a pair of make-shift gauntlets, designed to amplify the force of her slightest movements. Armed with these new weapons, she blurred around the room and lay down a furious storm of blows on the Samurai and his feral afterimage.

Using Kinetic Amplifier to hit Sandayu and the summon.
Both make a DC20 resistance check against dodge.
If they fail, they then make a DC25 toughness check for damage.
If they pass, then the damage check is DC20.

JNAProductions
2019-06-18, 09:05 PM
The newly created being falls apart, dispersing into a fine mist, but Sandayu flows like water and avoids taking any damage.

NineOfSpades
2019-06-21, 09:49 AM
"Oh, and now we are fighting" grumbled Agatha. She'd managed, just barely, to get a hold of her head and the tumultuous events that are developing in a flurry, one after the other. "Because thats just what we need now" The demon, Lash, blew a stray strand of hair out of her face "Tell me about it. Listen, I don't really 'do' fight scenes. If you live, call me when this is done, k?" and then vanished in a puff of smoke and brimstone. "You've been a load of help so far" commented Agatha at the air where her familiar had been.

An odd thing occured. Or odd compared to a normal day. Today was so full of odd things this was just one more for the pile. Agatha watched as Brian tried to go in for a grapple, his second attempt, and miss badly. That must have been embaressing. Then things sort of...rewound? And she was watching it again. It wasn't just a feeling of Déjà vu either, it was a full blown premonition. A small grin graced her face "I can see the future". It was said with a sing-song tone, referencing a popular internet abridged series. And, knowing just a bit of the future, she could try to change it. Staff in hand, she intonated at the head-hancho raccoon and spoke the words that flowed through her "Url Shmm Snpr, Trg Jerpxrq!". Black Oily Smoke erupted from behind Sandryu, coiling around him from the raccoons blind spot and fouling his movements just as Brian made his swipped grapple.

Since we got a touch out of turn order, I hope you don't mind me using the precognition of warlocks eye to justify the bit of metaknowledge.

Gonna try to help Brain's miss turn into a hit, Attacking Sandryu with Hex, amplified by sorcery.

Setting the Trigger condition to being targeted by a grab attack, which is about to happen anyway. The indirect 4 lets me attack from any point and any direction, so it's going after Sandryu from his blind spot at the moment when Brian attacks, which I think should be enough to make it a surprise attack, making Sandryu vulnerable (Half Active Defenses Against Agatha's attack).

Power Attacking on my Hex Roll, -4 Attack, +4 Effect Rank.

Attack Roll: [roll0]

Effect is homing 2 so if it doesn't hit its got 2 more attempts on the following rounds.

If the effect hits, DC 22 Will Vs Impaired & Vulnerable/Disabled & Defenseless. Hopefully that'll all go smoothly and drop his defenses down for Brian so his attack can land.

JNAProductions
2019-06-21, 10:30 AM
Sandayu's ear twitches back, and while the smoke almost catches him, he twists out of the way nimbly. Excellent! Thinking quickly, attacking from unexpected angles-you'll do well! he calls out.

Izzarra
2019-06-24, 02:32 PM
Yume is a little hesitant to use a real weapon in a practice match, but this would not be the first time it has happened.

Accurate Attack
[roll0]
If the attack would hit she will pull her strike as she does not want to do any damage.

JNAProductions
2019-06-24, 09:08 PM
Sandayu easily dodges Yume's attack, but as he scurries away, he seems a bit distracted-an eye on distant events, perhaps?

You see two more raccoon silhouettes appearing just beyond the clearing.

Lord of Gifts
2019-06-26, 08:07 AM
By Lily's reckoning, no one had landed a solid hit yet. Even when Agatha caught him off guard, Sandayu managed to twist out of the way. He was nimble, and hard to catch, but fortunately there were ways around that.

Her current weapons weren't the most suitable for the situation, so Lily modified them. Now, her gauntlets were complete with an array of miniature cannons, firing capsules and projectiles that would combine to hopefully slow down Sandayu and impair his thoughts. With a little extra work, the basic design was fitted with limited targeting capabilities, to ensure at least some of the salvo would strike true. Armed with this new weapon, she opened fire with the best precision she could manage, disregarding her own safety for the chance to land the critical strike.

Using Tinker to apply Perception Ranged to 5 ranks of Electrochemical Suppressor, then attacking with All-out Attack.
Attack Roll: [roll0] against dodge
If it hits, make a DC20 Fortitude check. If it misses, the check is DC15.
One degree of failure means Sandayu is Dazed and Vulnerable (halved dodge and parry, can only make free actions and one standard action per turn). Two or more degrees means he is Defenceless and Stunned (dodge and parry are at zero, can be targeted with routine attacks, and cannot take any actions).
You get a recovery check with the same DC after each turn. The attack also has Secondary Effect, which means you have to make another resistance check against it next turn, even if you pass the first one.

Lily is at -5 to Dodge and Parry until the start of her next turn.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 09:16 AM
A hit! A hit! You finally got a hit!

[roll0] Against DC 20.

The array of projectiles are, initially, deflected by Sandayu's blade. But he's quickly overwhelmed, leaving him staggering and confused.

NineOfSpades
2019-07-04, 02:43 PM
While Agatha's hex continued to try and chase down the raccoon, the witch herself spun her staff and prepared another incantation to try and keep the raccoon off balance. She didn't want to actually hurt the guy if she could avoid it, and since she didn't feel like she had a great 'handle' on what magic could or could not do, she was trying to avoid going overboard. Last thing anybody needed was to accidentally summon a demon or something.

With a flick of her wrist and some arcane mumbo-jumbo words, she wedged him between the hex-shadow as it slithered in from one side and a bolt of mystic fire from the other, a spell-casters flanking maneuver.

First things first, Hex has homing 2, so this will be its first repeat attempt to hit. If it misses, got one more attempt next round.

Hex Attack roll
[roll0]
Thats a Crit

If Hit, DC 22+5 (crit)=DC 27 Will vs Impaired & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Disabled

Next using Spellcaster to hit Sandy with some magical fire.

Spell-fire Attack roll
[roll1]

Attack is indirect 4 so it may catch Sandy off guard, assuming he's not also hexed from the spell.

If hit, DC 23 Toughness + Multiattack (If relevent) vs Damage. If Miss, Homing 2!

JNAProductions
2019-07-04, 03:00 PM
[roll0] Will

That should hit, with him being hexed and all that.

[roll1] Toughness

So that's...

-1 to damage checks, now?

NineOfSpades
2019-07-04, 05:33 PM
[roll0] Will

That should hit, with him being hexed and all that.

[roll1] Toughness

So that's...

-1 to damage checks, now?

Dodge and party go to 0 (defeneless), all rolls are at -5 (disabled). These are persistent effects, and he gets a new will save each round against the original DC to end the effect.

Since hex happens, the multiattack bonus damage increases toughness DC by 5, and -5 penalty to your toughness roll (not sure if that was already factored in).

Assuming your toughness roll was already at -5 penalty, the toughness DC was 25 and you rolled 22, that is 1 degrees of failure. Sandy is at -1 (-6 total) to future toughness saves.

If you didn't include the -5 to toughness, then it's 2 degrees of failure, Sandy is dazed and -1 to toughness.

Summary. Active defenses at 0, -5 to all rolls, -1 to toughness, and possiblyeither dazed (limited to free actions and 1 standard action) for one turn.

Edit. Minor correction because I forgot multiattack is normally +2 and only +5 on 3 degrees of success for attack rolls.

JNAProductions
2019-07-04, 06:06 PM
Sandayu staggers about, hurting pretty severely.

I did not include the -5. So he's dazed.

gryffydd65
2019-07-10, 01:31 PM
Brian looked confused, should he attack again or wait to see if the master was okay. He backs up, waiting for someone to direct him.

Izzarra
2019-07-10, 10:11 PM
A match is not over until somebody taps out. Yume moves in to try to pin Sandayu using an Aikido technique.

[roll0] to grab, if it his DC 16 to resist.
Improved Grab
Improved Hold