PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Gaming "Off Season"

tstewt1921
2019-06-08, 07:45 PM
My group right now is running two separate games a week, and I can tell that there is some exhaustion from doing this, as DM's seem less involved in making their stories and players phone in sessions and don't attempt to role-play or anything to that extent. Myself I just feel exhausted thinking about playing a game or anything to that extent. I was thinking of suggesting an "off-season" a couple of months with no role playing, maybe board games and what not but no D&D, Shadowrun, Rolemaster or any kind of tabletop RPG. I'm not sure how to bring it up to the group other than directly, and I don't know how they would respond. What do you guys and gals think?

Thurbane
2019-06-08, 08:43 PM
Our group has done this when we needed a break from DMing/playing campaigns. We also use it as a backup if players can't turn up (small group - 1 DM + 3 players).

Board games are our default backup: Temple of Elemental Evil, Assault of the Giants, Lords of Waterdeep, Dead of Winter etc.

AnimeTheCat
2019-06-10, 09:50 AM
communication is key. If you're feeling it, others likely are as well. They're probably feeling the same way, not wanting to mention it. Just go for it and bring it up with your idea of a board game or movie night or something.

weckar
2019-06-10, 04:40 PM
We did this once, but it took much longer than expected to then get back to RPGs. I'd plan for this now.