PDA

View Full Version : Can tech priest get faith talents?

kulosle
2019-06-09, 11:43 AM
In warhammer dark heresy 1st edition can a tech-priest get faith talents? We are starting at 1200 experience. I want to take cyber mastif handler but it can be at any of the first 3 ranks. Cause I want to start with it.

The Glyphstone
2019-06-09, 04:03 PM
If it's not on your Career chart, you need GM permission to get it. Without knowing exactly what talents you are talking about, I can't be sure beyond that.

Spore
2019-06-09, 04:50 PM
If it's not on your Career chart, you need GM permission to get it. Without knowing exactly what talents you are talking about, I can't be sure beyond that.

Also if your DM is as devious and scheming as mine, prepare to get it allowed and have a story hook evolve from that. You could be hunted down as a traitor to the Omnissiah if it is anything detectable (like contacts or forbidden lore).

Grim Portent
2019-06-09, 05:25 PM
There was an origin from Blood of Martyrs I think that gave tech priests Pure Faith but made them an outcast from the Mechanicus who had to hide their true faith.

Once you have Pure Faith you can then take Faith Talents as elite advances with GM permission. Generally the advised exp cost increase for Elite Advances is 50% if I remember correctly, so that's a rough point for budgeting around until you know if you'll be allowed them or not.

kulosle
2019-06-09, 10:38 PM
I check blood of the martyr and the background it has for tech priest doesn't give pure faith. But it is cool and I might take it any ways. Unless there is a different background that does give pure faith.

Grim Portent
2019-06-10, 03:18 AM
In that case I must be misremembering. It's been a long time since I looked at DH1 stuff, so I'm probably getting confused with something for a different career.

Kyrell1978
2019-06-12, 07:07 PM
There was an origin from Blood of Martyrs I think that gave tech priests Pure Faith but made them an outcast from the Mechanicus who had to hide their true faith.

Once you have Pure Faith you can then take Faith Talents as elite advances with GM permission. Generally the advised exp cost increase for Elite Advances is 50% if I remember correctly, so that's a rough point for budgeting around until you know if you'll be allowed them or not.

You might be thinking about cult of the pure form from lathe worlds? But that takes away all the cool cybernetics from being a tech priest.

kulosle
2019-06-12, 07:49 PM
So it looks like the best way that I can find is probably through the firebrand cell directive. But I have to get my play group to agree on that and that doesnt seem likely. I cant find any way to do it without a cell directive.

Actually he's probably talking about omnissian apostate. Its tech priest that worship the emperor and not the omnissia. But they dont get pure faith.

Kyrell1978
2019-06-12, 08:27 PM
So it looks like the best way that I can find is probably through the firebrand cell directive. But I have to get my play group to agree on that and that doesnt seem likely. I cant find any way to do it without a cell directive.

Actually he's probably talking about omnissian apostate. Its tech priest that worship the emperor and not the omnissia. But they dont get pure faith.

Your probably right, the cult one was just stuck in my head because I was making a crimson guard the other day and they are like right after the guard in the book

Grim Portent
2019-06-13, 07:39 AM
Yeah the Apostate was what I was thinking of. I'm pretty sure there was something in BoM that gave Pure Faith, but it must have been for a different career. Maybe Cleric.

kulosle
2019-06-13, 07:31 PM
I think literally every other career besides psyker has an alternate rank to give them pure faith. I guess tech priest and psyker were good enough already.