PDA

View Full Version : Naruto v.s Inyuashsa

Fan
2007-10-06, 12:42 PM
In a giant arena like the one used in the chunin exams who would win is this battle of wills chi v.s chakra who would win!

Fan
2007-10-06, 12:53 PM
wow i thought people would jump all over this one oh well

Tengu
2007-10-06, 12:56 PM
You waited 11 minutes. Have a bit more patience.

I personally will vote for Inuyasha, because I'm not familiar with him.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-06, 01:02 PM
All I can say is that the real loser is the audience.

Fan
2007-10-06, 01:08 PM
I have seen both inyuasha and naruto all the way to the ends of the series and i am kinda of confused would the backlash wave work on the resangan?

Fan
2007-10-06, 01:23 PM
Ok I looked it up and the backlash wave only works against opponets who's spirit enrgy is greater or equal to the users and send it back at them 2x as powerful

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-06, 01:32 PM
The http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif button is your friend.

Fan
2007-10-06, 01:49 PM
I also have to say the nine tailed fox's chakra can lift people up and smash them against things so i would say that his spirit energy is more then powerful enough to be backlashed

Foeofthelance
2007-10-06, 02:09 PM
Naruto takes the win, even if only through sheer numbers. Seriously, there's maybe twenty characters in all of Inyuyasha that I've seen with any combat ability.

Naruto however brings Naruto, Susuke, Sakura, all the rest of the junior leaf village ninja with names, Kakashi, Master Guy, Pervy Sage, the woman they used to replace the third Hokage, the various summond creatures, etc. There are more people with names than I can remember, and they pretty much all use unique, independent fighting style. Trying to fight them all at the same time would be like trying to dodge a nuke without Improved Evasion.

And that's just the ninja from the Leaf Village. Through in Sound, Sand, and the rest, and you have more fighters, more styles, and more monsters. It'd be like pitting five kindergarteners against an entire Bronx high school.

kpenguin
2007-10-06, 02:18 PM
I'd say Inuyasha, just because I like him more and he's only as ridiculously overpowered as most anime characters, whereas Naruto...

Mr. Mud
2007-10-06, 02:26 PM
(not very familar with inuyasha) Isn't Inuyasha blade supposed to be like "demon's bane" DEMON.... NARUTO... let me reiderate... demon's BANE :smallamused:

feghoot
2007-10-07, 09:37 PM
Long ago a emperor and a wise man agreed to a contest. Each would choose an animal to be put in a cage for a fight to the death.

The emperor chose the fiercest creature he could think of, the tiger. The wise man thought for a moment and then walked outside to the palace gardens and caught a small butterfly. The emperor laughed at the puny butterfly and told the wise man to go get another animal, but the wise man refused.

Finally the emperor agreed, and the creatures were put into a cage. the butterfly immediately flew thru the bars of the cage, but no matter how hard he tryed, the tiger couldn't excape his prison. The wise man then declared himself the winner, because the butterfly was free while the tiger was still imprisoned.

So yeah, Inuyasha'd most likely win, I guess. :smallconfused:

Catch
2007-10-07, 09:49 PM
One on one? Close call.

Inuyasha has shown the capacity to massacre hundreds, if not thousands of minor demons at once, so Naruto's penchant for replicating himself isn't so much of an issue. They're both demon-blooded and both have the ability to call on their respective heritage, though Naruto's is clearly more overt. I'd say Naruto's Rasengan and ninja techniques are an easy match for Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga and demonic abilities. They're both quick and light, fast-healing and incredibly tolerant of punishment, plus that innate stubbornness makes them an even match.

If I had to pick a winner, though, I'd say Inuyasha. His physical strength far surpasses Naruto's, even while manifesting the Kyubi's chakra and he also has the advantage of age. A century-old demon just has more tricks that a 15 year-old kid.

2007-10-08, 12:53 AM
Wind tunnel guy.

horseboy
2007-10-08, 01:14 AM
Well, let's do this scientifically. Grab some beer and an episode of each. Every time someone says: "I don't care" you take a drink. Everytime someone says "No matter what it takes" drink. Someone says something that doesn't translate outside of Japan, take a drink. Whenever someone shouts the name of an attack, take a drink. Whenever someone calls another character by name, instead of "buddy, friend, or generic pronoun" drink some more. Whenever someone talks for more than a minute straight, chug. Whichever one gets you the most drunk wins.

Xuincherguixe
2007-10-08, 01:28 AM
If it's a shouting contest, Naruto if only because of the clones. Otherwise too close to call.

Artemician
2007-10-08, 07:24 AM
On one hand, you have a century-year old Daemon Prince, with extreme strength, reflexes and stamina. He's not any daemon prince, he's the son of the biggest, baddest Daemon Lord ever, who carved out the biggest slice of the country for himself (no mean feat considering the kind of opposition he has to face). And his son surpasses him in martial capability, as they defeat his archrivals, which he didn't have the capability to kill when he was alive.

Now give the Prince an artifact weapon. But not just any artifact weapon, no. An insanely powerful blade forged from the fang of his father, that never grows dull or rusts. A soul-devouring weapon that consumes the very essence of its defeated opponents, and binds their souls for the usage of its wielder. And the sword has consumed no less than 3 other Daemon Lords, at last count.

And if he ever loses his weapon, the Prince mutates into a berserking, nigh-unkillable walking killer-on-legs. Granted, he loses his sanity, but who really cares about that?

Now on the other hand, you have an ordinary human boy with a Daemon Lord sealed inside him. The same kind of Daemon that the aforementioned Prince eats for breakfast.

I'm sorry to all the Naruto fans out there, but I just don't see how Mr Jumpsuit can win this one.

Death Giant
2007-10-08, 07:53 AM
Inyuyasha would have pulverised Naruto until the end. Naruto would have done the total red-fox-spirit possesion to obliterate Inyu. God rest the half- demon's charred, as crisp as a jr. bacon waffel from last night at Waffle House half-soul.

Catch
2007-10-08, 09:43 AM
Well, let's do this scientifically. Grab some beer and an episode of each. Every time someone says: "I don't care" you take a drink. Everytime someone says "No matter what it takes" drink. Someone says something that doesn't translate outside of Japan, take a drink. Whenever someone shouts the name of an attack, take a drink. Whenever someone calls another character by name, instead of "buddy, friend, or generic pronoun" drink some more. Whenever someone talks for more than a minute straight, chug. Whichever one gets you the most drunk wins.

That's a great way to get alcohol poisoning.

horseboy
2007-10-08, 10:52 AM
That's a great way to get alcohol poisoning.
There'd have to be alcohol in American beer before that'd happen. :smallwink:

Artemician
2007-10-08, 10:59 AM
There'd have to be alcohol in American beer before that'd happen. :smallwink:

It's actually a good point, though. Given how Shonen protagonists are generally wrapped in so much plot armour they can't breathe, comparing them in terms of how cliche they get might actually be the only objective way to -

What am I saying? Inuyasha would still totally hand Naruto's ass back to him on a bone platter.

Yeril
2007-10-08, 01:15 PM
Bandit Kieth from Yugioh abridged wins...

... In america

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-08, 01:18 PM
Inuyasha because he is more Bishie!!

Setra
2007-10-08, 01:34 PM
Having read both series' extensively I would have to go with Inuyasha.

Naruto is incredibly powerful for his age, but his most powerful attack, the Rasengan-Shuriken, seems pretty weak compared to some of the crap you see in Inuyasha.

If Naruto decides to go Kyuubi, say hello to the Bakuryuuha (Backlash Wave), which dusts Naruto.

reorith
2007-10-09, 12:07 AM
some how, for no reason, siegried from the nibelungenlied would stomp them both. first he'd slay inuyasha and bathe in his blood to gain some of his weird demonic powers. then he'd curb stomp naruto while yelling "how do you feel about kamaboko now?"

horseboy
2007-10-09, 10:46 PM
Inuyasha because he is more Bishie!!
Well, isn't the writer of Inuyasha a woman?
Out of curiosity, why is there never a herp based bishie?

Tom_Violence
2007-10-09, 10:52 PM
I like FF Fanboy, if only because I'm convinced that he must be the creation of some prankster's imagination.

Talkkno
2007-10-09, 11:02 PM
I think Ranma would a fairer fight....

Setra
2007-10-10, 05:11 AM
Well, isn't the writer of Inuyasha a woman?
Rumiko Takahashi, she also created Ranma and (I know I won't spell this right) Urusei Yatsura.

At least if my memory is correct.

Jerthanis
2007-10-10, 06:13 AM
I think Inuyasha takes it. Even ignoring the fact that his best ability is an automatic levelling of a playing field if his opponent is stronger, and ignoring the fact that he swings his enormous blade for lethal blows, and the fact that he's especially experienced in dealing with exactly what Naruto is... ignoring all that we still have Inuyasha as superhumanly strong, fast, and most importantly, tough. Naruto is tough enough to go through with pretty brutal treatment, but Inuyasha is minorly preturbed by someone tearing an arm-sized hole through his chest. Imagining Naruto somehow hits with his Rasengan without it going back at him somehow, Inuyasha is probably still fine... or at least good enough to keep going a couple more rounds. Naruto, if hit solidly, is in pieces.

I think Ranma would a fairer fight....

Against who? Inuyasha or Naruto?

Both Inuyasha and Naruto are thick enough to be led into the Hiryu Shoten Ha spiral pretty easily, but if Ranma doesn't think to use it fast enough, he gets floored. Inuyasha has about 1,000,000% of the blood and gore Ranma 1/2 had, so I'd say Inuyasha would decapitate Ranma and he wouldn't have Naraku's ability to be fine with that. Alternatively Ranma's fast enough to avoid the blade, lures the half dog demon into a spiral and unleashes his big gun.

Naruto would be more his speed at first, and Ranma would even school him unarmed, no matter how many clones joined in. When it comes to Naruto's maximum potential nova power, using Kyuubi chakra and the Rasengan to fullest extent, he probably beats Ranma's Hiryu Shoten Ha, but Ranma's got the wits to cheat to win, and the pride that he wouldn't suffer a defeat easily. His fireball attack is powered by the fact that he doesn't think he could lose to anyone. Naruto would need a real reason to fight all out... a burning hatred, the protection of someone precious, ect... Ranma would cheat to win the moment he thought he might lose because he's just that prideful Both at their peak power availability however, Naruto takes it. As long as Ranma doesn't insult or threaten Naruto's friends, he wins.

(Is it bad that even though I haven't seen any Ranma 1/2 episodes in probably 7 years, I knew all his attack names from memory without looking them up?)

StickMan
2007-10-10, 07:03 AM
Depends on what Naruto we are talking if its after the time skip my money is on Naruto.

Setra
2007-10-10, 08:10 AM
Depends on what Naruto we are talking if its after the time skip my money is on Naruto.
Actually the time skip gives a bigger advantage to Inuyasha

As Naruto would be MUCH more likely to be hit by the Bakuryuuha, which is Inuyasha's strongest attack, and only works on 'demonic power'.

Also, one hit from the Kaze no Kizu, or Kongousouha would also probably kill Naruto, heck even a single hit from his sword would likely kill Naruto, or at the very least render him the loser.

Naruto's Rasengan (Even the Rasengan-Shuriken) probably wouldn't hurt Inuyasha that much, even if it did Naruto would also be hurt by the latter, and there's the question of him actually hitting Inuyasha with it.

I don't see how Naruto could win.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-10-10, 10:40 AM
Actually the time skip gives a bigger advantage to Inuyasha

As Naruto would be MUCH more likely to be hit by the Bakuryuuha, which is Inuyasha's strongest attack, and only works on 'demonic power'.

Also, one hit from the Kaze no Kizu, or Kongousouha would also probably kill Naruto, heck even a single hit from his sword would likely kill Naruto, or at the very least render him the loser.

Naruto's Rasengan (Even the Rasengan-Shuriken) probably wouldn't hurt Inuyasha that much, even if it did Naruto would also be hurt by the latter, and there's the question of him actually hitting Inuyasha with it.

I don't see how Naruto could win.

Correction, not all of Naruto's power comes from the demon fox and more importantly Naruto can use the Rasengan and Rasengan Shuriken (Multiple times too) without tapping into the demon-fox's power which essentially renders Bakuryuuha a non-factor UNLESS Naruto goes Kyuubi and actually uses those techniques. Otherwise Naruto's abilities come from his own chakra and puts him into the same problem category that Inuyasha had with the Band of Seven.

And I may be remembering things wrongly but hasn't a few attacks in the 'Yasha-verse been powerful enough to work through the backlash wave?

In any case (unless something happened I don't know about which is probable) Naruto still holds a speed advantage in melee that I don't think 'Yasha can beat...Naruto HAS gone up against people as fast or faster then Sesshoumaru and has at the very least survived or just plain won.

In addition Naruto might not actually have to go Kyuubi, considering people keep forgetting that he can call Gamabunta to help him which is still an advantage even if 'Yasha has fought enemies of the size before. Just not as much as one. If Naruto DOES go Kyuubi...well then things change more then a little. From all I've seen of Kyuubi Naruto he doesn't use energy attacks so much as beat the ever loving **** out of somebody with his bare hands/Kyuubi aura which I don't think can be Backlashed..but it might be backlashable. In either case when he would start using chakra attacks, they'd be much more powerful then normal and far more likely to power through the Backlasah or Wind Scar. And from what I remember Naruto heals from wounds very very quickly in Kyuubi mood, though 'Yasha does have experience with that. Plus the un-named super ball of chakra that Four-Tail Naruto spits which has been one of the strongest attacks in the series so far. Thats Four-Tails. Naruto hasn't been seen to go above that yet so in potential Naruto brings a lot more to the fight then Inuyasha does in potential.

...'course if Naruto ever started to qwin Inuyasha and Kagome do a joint sacred arrow/Backlash wave (Or whatever it's upgraded to so far) and use plot to kill Naruto, but I'm guessing plot attacks don't count. :smallwink:

Bayar
2007-10-10, 10:44 AM
They would fight for all eternity, because both will have to win (being main characters and all). Plus they would both godmode :smallbiggrin:

Setra
2007-10-10, 11:16 AM
Correction, not all of Naruto's power comes from the demon fox and more importantly Naruto can use the Rasengan and Rasengan Shuriken (Multiple times too) without tapping into the demon-fox's power which essentially renders Bakuryuuha a non-factor UNLESS Naruto goes Kyuubi and actually uses those techniques. Otherwise Naruto's abilities come from his own chakra and puts him into the same problem category that Inuyasha had with the Band of Seven. Just going to comment that Naruto has also been shown to be capable of randomly going Kyuubi during his training, which is why I mentioned the Backlash Wave. His aura is probably backlash'able, but I was mostly referring to the giant beam of death he used on Orochimaru, which if backlashed would probably dust Naruto.

And I may be remembering things wrongly but hasn't a few attacks in the 'Yasha-verse been powerful enough to work through the backlash wave?Possibly, but I doubt Naruto could scrounge up enough power.

In any case (unless something happened I don't know about which is probable) Naruto still holds a speed advantage in melee that I don't think 'Yasha can beat...Naruto HAS gone up against people as fast or faster then Sesshoumaru and has at the very least survived or just plain won.I don't see the speed advantage, Naruto has been shown to fight people with high speed (as has Inuyasha), but has never really demonstrated said speed himself.

And unlike Inuyasha, Naruto would probably go down in one hit, and Inuyasha could likely just spam Wind Scar (and I could see him doing it too). Inuyasha could likely take several of Naruto's strongest attacks.

In addition Naruto might not actually have to go Kyuubi, considering people keep forgetting that he can call Gamabunta to help him which is still an advantage even if 'Yasha has fought enemies of the size before. Just not as much as one.Gamabunta is a distraction at best if we're talking Naruto after the time skip, Inuyasha could probably take him out with the Kongousouha in one hit, three tops.
If Naruto DOES go Kyuubi...well then things change more then a little. From all I've seen of Kyuubi Naruto he doesn't use energy attacks so much as beat the ever loving **** out of somebody with his bare hands/Kyuubi aura which I don't think can be Backlashed..but it might be backlashable. In either case when he would start using chakra attacks, they'd be much more powerful then normal and far more likely to power through the Backlasah or Wind Scar. And from what I remember Naruto heals from wounds very very quickly in Kyuubi mood, though 'Yasha does have experience with that. Plus the un-named super ball of chakra that Four-Tail Naruto spits which has been one of the strongest attacks in the series so far. Thats Four-Tails. Naruto hasn't been seen to go above that yet so in potential Naruto brings a lot more to the fight then Inuyasha does in potential.
Kyuubi Naruto's aura is quite likely backlashable, and even if he didn't use his aura, his physical attacks, while fast, seem to be pretty one dimensional, and Inuyasha could probably just smack him out of the air on approach.

From what I could tell the Kyuubi didn't "fight" so much as just expect everything to fall dead from it's aura and wild attacks, and I highly doubt this would work on Inuyasha.

Even if his aura weren't backlashable, Inuyasha could likely just tough it out.

No matter how powerful Naruto is, he's gonna die if Inuyasha cuts him with his sword, and Naruto has never shown any real ability to fight against swords.

Wraithy
2007-10-10, 11:24 AM
the diehard fanboys'n'girls will all kill each other untill someone writes a fanfic in which.. well, you know what happens in fanfics

*naruto afterwards*
what happens in fanfics stays in fanfics. believe it"

Setra
2007-10-10, 11:27 AM
the diehard fanboys'n'girls will all kill each other untill someone writes a fanfic in which.. well, you know what happens in fanfics

*naruto afterwards*
what happens in fanfics stays in fanfics. believe it"
Actually I'm a bigger fan of Naruto than Inuyasha (I stopped reading Inuyasha about the time Sesshoumaru mostly mastered the Meidou Zangetsuha, so it's likely Inuyasha has even more tricks that I don't know of/can't remember).

I just don't think Naruto would stand up well to Inuyasha.

Kakashi on the other hand...

Shippuuden Naruto is hard to guage because I follow he anime and Naruto still seems to have stuff up his sleeve. The new perverted jutsu. An Oodama(sp?) Rasengan would be exceedingly difficult to hit Inuyasha with, but it would be a fight ender. The "cloak" of the fox demon is way too unpredictable to say if it would really be useful against Inuyasha.The problem here is, you're only thinking about Naruto's offense for the most part.

Inuyasha can and will likely spam the Wind Scar, which would take Naruto out in, being nice, three hits, though I think one would take him out.

Yes, an Oodama Rasengan would take Inuyasha out, but Inuyasha could take Naruto out with a move that he can perform as an afterthought, and it's a pretty big attack.

Machete
2007-10-10, 11:35 AM
I'm a big Naruto fan.

It depends though.

Pre-Shippuuden Naruto would likely get owned by the effects of a drawn out battle draining his chakra and not being able to use techniques like the shadow clone. Rasengan, while an effective tool against humans and even ninja is surviveable by Inuyasha (although he'd probably retreat after the first or second one). Shadow clones are useless against the wind scar and even Naruto runs low on chakra eventually. The clones would mostly be used for distracting the wind scar away from the real Naruto. I think Inuyasha is immune to Sexy Jutsu and any disguise jutsu because of his nose.

Shippuuden Naruto is hard to guage because I follow he anime and Naruto still seems to have stuff up his sleeve. The new perverted jutsu. An Oodama(sp?) Rasengan would be exceedingly difficult to hit Inuyasha with, but it would be a fight ender. The "cloak" of the fox demon is way too unpredictable to say if it would really be useful against Inuyasha.

Too close to call.

horseboy
2007-10-10, 07:08 PM
I don't know why I'm doing this, but:

Problem 1) The Tetsiga was created to protect humanity. Until Naruto pulls out the demon chakra it probably won't transform.

Problem 2) There's nothing short of the demon chakra that Naruto could do that would do REAL damage to Inu Yasha. He'd either soak it or dodge anything dangerous.

Problem 3) The fight would be about two seasons of them dancing back and forth, Naruto throwing goofy things and giving long winded speaches, Inu telling him how much he doesn't care and beating the woobie out of Naruto with the Iron Reaver. Naruto shadow clones, Inu Iron reavers in one splash scene. Miroku and Sasuke trade quips about how dense the two are. Sakura gets hair care product tips from Sesshomaru. And they never get around to finishing the series.

Fan
2007-10-10, 07:39 PM
I made this thread and I'm ending it:smallfurious: ! INYUASHA WINS! Because he has immunity to sexy or shawod clone jutsu's the red tetsuiga breaks just about anything so defense is useless and your forgetting what happens when inyuasha loses his sword he becomes a nigh unstoppable killing machine that stops the demons naruoto has trouble with in 1 hit so INYUASHA WINS!!!!!!!!

Guts
2007-10-10, 09:10 PM
Inuyasha's sword now has the meidou zangetsuha ability(you know the one that kinda cuts a hole in space and sends whatever it hits straight into hell)

Im a bigger naruto fan (inuyasha feels like its dragging on for too long), but inuyasha would most likely win for reasons already pointed out like inuyasha's durability and his sword has so many high damage attacks. naruto's summons are more distractions than anything at this level, the wind scar easily takes out most of naru's clones and inu could easily take a normal rasengan. inu's also a lot faster.

Most of the jutsu naruto has displayed so far in the story are direct hits in order to work (kakashi has commented on this) and inu can attack ranged. Plus the backlash wave judging from its description could turn the tables on a transformed naruto plus the red sword tech and the diamond thing can penatrate pretty much any barrier. There also the thing that the dragon-scale power does(i dont know how to spell his sword's name ex ncuSe me:smallredface: ) with the cutting the opponent's aura, which is another defense against naruto's transformation (it would act like kisame's sword and diffuse or absorb the kyubi's charka aura). And inu has better senses. Plus the rasen shruiken damages naruto himself (not as much as the enemy of course) and requires a direct hit.

Setra
2007-10-11, 04:27 AM
Inuyasha's sword now has the meidou zangetsuha ability(you know the one that kinda cuts a hole in space and sends whatever it hits straight into hell)
See this is something I didn't know, but it's more reason for Inuyasha to win.

Also I had forgotten about Dragonscale Tessaiga.

Arameus
2007-10-13, 02:01 AM
The only satisfying solution is for both to lose catastrophically.

Setra
2007-10-13, 08:43 AM
That's when you vote for Kefka.

Zael Zuran
2007-10-13, 12:24 PM

Miroku grabs the rear end of some ninja lass up in the stands. She beats him senseless and he nearly gets punched into the arena. An innocent attempt at pulling the unconscious Monk up by his hand by some do-gooder releases his (Hell Hole, Wind Tunnel, or Whatever They're calling it these days).

Inuyasha never even notices. Seeing women smack the monk around is nothing new.

The whole battlefield disappears in the blink of an eye before it finally devours Miroku himself and vanishes with a satisfying *pop*. :smallwink: