PDA

View Full Version : Evil Build

Techcaliber
2019-06-09, 02:32 PM
One of my friends recently asked if we wanted to play in a 3e/3.5 (using 3e core rule books and 3.5 everything else) game where we would play evil aligned characters. Without going into specifics, what is the most fun, evil build you can think of? Preferably, this would be a physical attacker, but magic is fine, and is a first level build.

One more thing: please no gnomes. I’m fine with them, but my group makes the game a living hell for a gnome, as I have learned from experience.

Thanks in advance for your help!

StevenC21
2019-06-09, 02:38 PM
Do you have access to the Book of Vile Darkness?

Techcaliber
2019-06-09, 02:53 PM
Do you have access to the Book of Vile Darkness?
I believe so, as I we seem to be using most of the supplemental books.

Malphegor
2019-06-09, 03:04 PM
Evil... Hm.

Well my go-to is a Dread Necromancer with the Mother Cyst feat. Slowly infecting your friends and foes alike with magic cysts that let you Dominate them into your slaves. (with friends I recommend doing it secretly with DM help so if ever you fight them you can just mutter ‘Bow before me’ and they discover that you had them ready to be in your thrall at will for months).

An evil Goliath Barbarian/War Hulk would be scary. Think the Hulk but he’s already big and strong before raging- he just gets ridiculously strong while raging. (then throw in rage mage for a ‘Wait the big beefy guy can cast spells too?’ horror)

StevenC21
2019-06-09, 03:06 PM
I've always liked the Warrior of Darkness and the Cancer Mage.

Techcaliber
2019-06-09, 03:22 PM
Evil... Hm.

Well my go-to is a Dread Necromancer with the Mother Cyst feat. Slowly infecting your friends and foes alike with magic cysts that let you Dominate them into your slaves. (with friends I recommend doing it secretly with DM help so if ever you fight them you can just mutter ‘Bow before me’ and they discover that you had them ready to be in your thrall at will for months.)

Holy ****. I think you may have just given my the character in playing. Thanks!

Malphegor
2019-06-09, 03:31 PM
Holy ****. I think you may have just given my the character in playing. Thanks!

I had a dream once of playing a Changeling character who behaves like a Disney Princess, wandering through the land, shaking hands and pecking the cheeks of nobility and the commonfolk, charming all she meets with a lilting singsong voice and a easygoing personality.

Slowly building her list of people in high positions she’s quietly given internal cysts with intent to dominate later. Innocence is your shield. Looking young and naive lets their guard down.

A deadly kiss, a domineering high five.

Then when they outlive their usefulness you can explode their cyst, for massive damage.

Techcaliber
2019-06-09, 03:45 PM
I had a dream once of playing a Changeling character who behaves like a Disney Princess, wandering through the land, shaking hands and pecking the cheeks of nobility and the commonfolk, charming all she meets with a lilting singsong voice and a easygoing personality.

Slowly building her list of people in high positions she’s quietly given internal cysts with intent to dominate later. Innocence is your shield. Looking young and naive lets their guard down.

A deadly kiss, a domineering high five.

Then when they outlive their usefulness you can explode their cyst, for massive damage.

Once again, thank you so much! This is perfect for the type of characters we will be playing, and I’m sure it’ll turn out great. Now I just need to not screw it up!

Telonius
2019-06-09, 04:36 PM
I'd suggest having a look at the Villainous Competition. It's more about building BBEGs, but there are loads of builds that would be possible for players rather than DMs.

Maat Mons
2019-06-09, 04:40 PM
Note to Self: If I'm ever in an Evil game, either play a Warforged, or take Deformity (Madness) pronto.

Edit: Turns out Warforged can somehow grow tumors.

AnimeTheCat
2019-06-10, 08:59 AM
Once again, thank you so much! This is perfect for the type of characters we will be playing, and I’m sure it’ll turn out great. Now I just need to not screw it up!

If you want to go around infecting those around you without them knowing, you'll really need to pick up still and silent spell. I personally find it more fun to play cyst characters as sorcerers or other spontaneous spellcasters rather than prepared ones. You'll be casting those spells regularly and I believe they are automatically added to your list so there's no impact to what you would normally select on your sorcerer anyway.

Karl Aegis
2019-06-10, 09:54 AM
If you want to go around infecting those around you without them knowing, you'll really need to pick up still and silent spell. I personally find it more fun to play cyst characters as sorcerers or other spontaneous spellcasters rather than prepared ones. You'll be casting those spells regularly and I believe they are automatically added to your list so there's no impact to what you would normally select on your sorcerer anyway.

The spells are not added to your list. You have access to them and can cast them if you have the feat. Nowhere does it say Mother Cyst adds spells to your spell list or spells known.

Malphegor
2019-06-10, 10:10 AM
Note to Self: If I'm ever in an Evil game, either play a Warforged, or take Deformity (Madness) pronto.

I think the construct type allows for warforged (which lets them ignore spells that require a fort save I think?) to ignore necrotic cysts? So D&D isn't that cocobananas in this instance.

edit: wait, they're living constructs. Gah, you're right, that does seem silly

AnimeTheCat
2019-06-10, 10:34 AM
The spells are not added to your list. You have access to them and can cast them if you have the feat. Nowhere does it say Mother Cyst adds spells to your spell list or spells known.

I think there's room to infer that they're added to your list (treated as having spell mastery for each), but I see what you mean too. Whenever I've DM'd, i've let them be automatically added based on that wording. Doesn't change the fact that I still recommend still and silent spell to make best use of them.

liquidformat
2019-06-11, 07:40 AM

For a sorcerer or bard I agree with you for a Dread Necromancer or Beguiler I completely disagree to the different mechanics of spells known/spell lists of these classes.

Anyways cancer mage can be pretty awesome, also take a look at blackblood cultists they are a pretty great barbarian prc that is a lot of fun for an evil character.

MisterKaws
2019-06-11, 08:18 AM
Chaotic Evil Tibbit Soulborn/Stoneblessed(Goliath)/Barbarian is a classic. You can be a Large housecat, while still being about two feet tall, and have 20-25 Strength while raging.

Also to note that cats are among the best trippers in the game because Twining Trip denies larger targets their Strength, and Confound the Big Folk denies them their size bonus. So you get to count as Tiny or Large depending on whether you're raging, and you could potentially do a Twining Trip, then before the Improved Trip attack triggers, Rage and Power Attack, all in the same turn.

RedMage125
2019-06-11, 09:45 AM

Some of what composes their body is wood.

Trees can have tumors.

A warforged with a tumor is likely located somewhere in its wood-bits.

liquidformat
2019-06-11, 11:59 AM
Some of what composes their body is wood.

Trees can have tumors.

A warforged with a tumor is likely located somewhere in its wood-bits.

isn't that called a burl??