PDA

View Full Version : Does this Prestige Class exist? stone/earth druid

ngilop
2019-06-09, 05:21 PM
Hey guys I started playing in a Wrath of the righteous campaign (converted to 3rd ed)

so far it is

Myself-Paladin human
Rip Torn- Rogue human
Karrak - dwarf fighter
and a dwarf druid whose name I forget :smallfrown:

Not much has went past character creation and our first full session is a week or so away

But, the player for the druid expressed interest in tapping into the dwarven affinity for stone. Are there any druid or even cleric PrCs that are earth, stone, or metal based?

Rebel7284
2019-06-09, 05:34 PM
Races of Stone is focused on that kind of things and has Stonespeaker Guardian class for druids. With that said, the core druid is PLENTY earth oriented without needing any other classes, and indeed Druid is one of the few classes in which taking prestige classes is likely to make you weaker. If you're okay giving up your animal companion progression and delaying your large/huge forms for earth glide, you CAN do it, and Druid will still be okay due to the excellent spells.

Falontani
2019-06-09, 05:46 PM
From complete mage you can swap your animal companion for an elemental.

Zaq
2019-06-10, 01:50 AM
Races of Stone is focused on that kind of things and has Stonespeaker Guardian class for druids. With that said, the core druid is PLENTY earth oriented without needing any other classes, and indeed Druid is one of the few classes in which taking prestige classes is likely to make you weaker. If you're okay giving up your animal companion progression and delaying your large/huge forms for earth glide, you CAN do it, and Druid will still be okay due to the excellent spells.

Earth dreamer (same book: RoS) has divine-friendly prereqs, doesn’t it? As you mentioned, it’s less powerful than straight druid, but that’s to be expected, and at least earth dreamer is full casting.

eggynack
2019-06-10, 02:43 AM
Earthshaker (DrM #314, 57) is pretty sweet on a dip. It's kinda like holt warden but with somewhat better spells and abilities and no knowledge (religion) for the later contemplative level. Probably better to do it than not, so you might as well. There's also the ACF metal master (DrM #311, 59), but it's incredibly bad, arguably the worst druid ACF option (and druids get some bad ones), so you probably shouldn't do that. Rashemi elemental summoning from unapproachable east is great and buffs your earth elementals. Oh, and I'd also recommend the spell commune with earth from races of faerun. It's kinda like races of nature except dwarf only and based around stone, so it fits your desired theming super perfectly. Finally, if you want to go really deep (and I wouldn't recommend it), you could go the full on goliath druid route. Stonespeaker guardian was already mentioned, but there's also goliath druid substitution levels. The whole setup is bad on every level, but it is all very earth themed.