PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Shopping site or app? 3.0, 3.5, pf, 5e....4e, heroquest, whatever

jakarta
2019-06-10, 12:19 AM
Are there any, preferably online and/or free, sites or applications that make shopping for in character items easy?

A place where you can click the items you want and it makes a running cost total and generates a text of the items to cut and paste?

I'm looking for 3.0, 3.5, and/or pf, but I'd be willing to use one for 5e, and I can see the usefulness of such a site or app for any rpg.

Instead of generating treasure for the attacking sea monster, I had the local authorities award the party with a voucher for the expected treasure amount, to be selected from the military stockpile. Now they are having trouble coming up with a list...

I'd like to make it easier for them.

Malphegor
2019-06-10, 06:01 AM
to be honest the easiest way I see to do this would be via a spreadsheet software with some macros so you can make buttons with item images to tally things up by clicking on the items you want visually.

jakarta
2019-06-10, 06:34 AM
and has anyone made such a beast?

RNightstalker
2019-06-17, 05:05 PM
and has anyone made such a beast?

Would it be legal for anyone to make such a beast?

jakarta
2019-06-17, 05:17 PM
well, we have "Monster Advancer" and "pathguy" and "encounter generators" and lots of random treasure and item generators. I just haven't found an equipment shopping one. It should be an srd derivative, but even if it contained non srd times from the books or magazines it wouldn't be any more illegal than an xp calculator.

RNightstalker
2019-06-17, 05:32 PM
I'm definitely all for it, bonus points if it matches up with your character sheet so you can input your gear, class abilities, skillpoints, feats, etc and your bonuses are all fleshed out.