PDA

View Full Version : One Character, Many Bodies

unseenmage
2019-06-12, 08:52 AM
I have need for one Warforged with multiple, as many as possible, physical bodies.

Currently I'm imagining Greater Humanoid Essence on a bunch of enemy Warforged then tear out their minds and insert my own at my convenience.

There has GOT to be a cleaner more rules savvy method.

OgresAreCute
2019-06-12, 09:28 AM
Clone (SRD) gives you backup bodies.

Body Outside Body (CA) gives you the shadow clone jutsu.

Astral Projection kinda gives you another body.

Harkness
2019-06-12, 09:46 AM
Clone (SRD) gives you backup bodies.

Body Outside Body (CA) gives you the shadow clone jutsu.

Astral Projection kinda gives you another body.

If it's possible to make him a Psion, why not use Mind Seed? It's Telepathy level 8, but effectively you can put a mental copy of yourself into another Warforged's consciousness, and over a week it "grows" while the subject takes on your mannerisms. After a week, they're you in mind when you manifested the power, but their level is 8 lower than yours. It gets your mental ability scores when you were 8 levels lower, and has the corresponding powers.

The only problem is it's basically an NPC version of you that doesn't have to obey you; and, having different experiences over time, will become different from you again, just with your memories. It's prevented by Protection from Evil, but maybe you could talk to your DM and ask for a lower, modified version where it only affects Warforged but they have to obey you/stick to a hive mind mentality.

If you don't want to mess around with Psion points, the only other example I can think of is the tried and true Simulacrum and Wish combo.

Segev
2019-06-12, 10:13 AM
Adapt the Psion idea, but go all the way: Thrallherd + Mind Seed.

Imbuing your Believers with your Mind Seed shouldn't make them stop being Believers unless you're so high level that your level-8 is greater than your maximum-level Believer.

MisterKaws
2019-06-12, 10:51 AM
Maladrax SeDuplicus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23494409&postcount=43), the highest scoring entry in all Iron Chef rounds(a full 20/20!) does exactly that, I think. Except it's human/gnome, but you can probably find some tricks by reading it.