PDA

View Full Version : A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

Pages : [1] 2

CNFish
2019-06-12, 11:59 AM
The troll falls to the ground, it looks seemingly dead it has few burn Mark's here and there from the fire attacks but nothing major. The wolves stand about oorth and robina as Bertie and jon join the rest of the group.

Their is also a deer carcass laying some 20 ft away, its ripped beyond any reasonable means, but a fresh corpse is likely to attract other predators.

wilphe
2019-06-12, 02:01 PM
Robina will pitch in smacking it with her sword

Oorth if you are still capable could you finish this please? Or give the sword to me?

There is a look of concern on her face

A regenerating creature that has been rendered unconscious through nonlethal damage can be killed with a coup de grace. The attack cannot be of a type that automatically converts to nonlethal damage.

Or we just keep it in subdual whilst one of us whacks it with the greatsword

finaldooms
2019-06-12, 02:36 PM
Till I'm sure the troll is dead il keep doing a coupdegrace ( and give people time to heal me)

Should count as all lethal damage if I read that spoiler right due to fire blade

( so 33x2 and 6 fire on my first coup)

CNFish
2019-06-12, 09:32 PM
I wont beat around the Bush with it. You easily coup de grace the troll with fire. Effectively killing it. As oorth calms down from the rage however he suddenly loses his footing and falls over unconscious

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-13, 12:19 AM
Wand of CLW on oorth twice
[roll0]
[roll1]
39 charges left

finaldooms
2019-06-13, 12:39 AM
As the troll dies orth drops since his anger abates! (-1/38)

Bertie pokes him a few times and he recovers ( I think it was 7?) So he is now at 6/38

CNFish
2019-06-13, 08:45 AM
Experience for troll is 600

The party still has about an hour's walk left before they reach the area common to trolls foot

finaldooms
2019-06-13, 08:54 AM
Orth gets ready to limp inwards in obvious pain

im..not sure I can handle doing that again actually...

JonMarker2
2019-06-13, 04:33 PM
this is a place holder.

After watching the troll fall and everyone dog pile.
Comes running in. Oorth?!? What is this berserk mood?

Kicking myself for that very wide shot on a sitting troll.

This time tying a few rags from my explores' outfit to like 10 arrows, before we get into a big fight.

To Robina: Over here. I need a better plan than to let my allies rush in, if an arrow can help resolve combat faster, that is great. Still I think I need more practice or it is time to upgrade my equipment, somehow. Also I prefer knives to back of enemies I don't know the strength of.

To everyone: Can I have the troll head?:smallamused:

wilphe
2019-06-13, 04:53 PM
im..not sure I can handle doing that again actually...

Well I hope you don't have to. Where the hell is Jon? I'm getting very tired of him plinking from a safe distance whenever we have a fight

[roll0] Search +5 to see if the troll has anything

wilphe
2019-06-13, 04:54 PM
Takes us to Level 5 on 10,000 exactly

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-13, 11:33 PM
Another clw for oorth [roll0]

finaldooms
2019-06-14, 12:03 AM
Lol..11/38 now

wilphe
2019-06-14, 08:01 PM
Robina looks over the other deer carcass for any salvageable meat, taking a few cuts if she can

[roll0] Survival +8

Help me move this please Jon

She pitches the carcass over the cliff edge

wilphe
2019-06-14, 08:21 PM
I need a better plan than to let my allies rush in, if an arrow can help resolve combat faster, that is great. Still I think I need more practice or it is time to upgrade my equipment, somehow. Also I prefer knives to back of enemies I don't know the strength of.

Well in no particular order:

1) We aren't sure what character you want to have, because the way you've played Jon doesn't tally with the choices on the sheet or his equipment. You've made

a) Sneak Attack. That only works on archery if you can get within 30' and the enemy is flat footed. In melee you can get it with flanking, which also gives the person you are flanking with a bonus to hit

b) Swashbuckler is a melee class

c) You have a +1 keen shortsword on the equipment list that you don't have on your sheet, this might be your issue. Because that is as good a weapon as Oorth has (+2 equivalent)

You should be attacking with that at +8 (+3 BAB, +3 DEX + 1 magic +1 Weapon Focus) and with more damage than the +4 and 1d6 you have on sheet for your current weapon. I think damage should be 1d6 +1STR +1 Magic = 1d6+2, and with double the crit range

Indeed if you don't want to go melee than it's not clear what either a level of rouge or swashbuckler will o for you.

Another level of rouge will give you Sneak attack +2d6, trap sense +1, but as noted you do't use sneak attack when that's basically the rouge's signature class feature

Another level of swashbuckler will give you

Insightful Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load

But that only applies in melee with a light weapon, like a shortsword.

In fact, my treasure list shows him as having the following:

JON
+1 Shortbow 2330
Ring of Protection +1 2000
+1 Keen Shortsword 8310
+1 Dagger with a poison compartment 2,302

Of those only the Poison dagger is on your sheet, unless the Ring is that +1 Misc to AC (it should be under deflection)

So are also using a mundane bow rather than the magic one.

The bow should be +3 BAB +3 DEX +1 MAGIC =+7 and do 1d6+1, not +4

That's not as good as the shortsword, but it's certainly better than what you are doing

++++++++++++++

Really I think we have an expectation from Jon's build that he will go to melee and try to flank at least sometimes, and from looking at the above he is much better at that than the figures on your sheet indicate

CNFish
2019-06-15, 10:50 AM
I'm assuming jon helps robina, and they pitch the deer carcass over the mountain side as the body tumbles down the echoes can be heard of it thudding around and finally hitting the base of the mountain floor beneath. But not before robina grabs a couple venison chunks for food.

The party then continues onward up the mountain.

JonMarker2
2019-06-16, 12:28 PM
{happy father's day}

I will assist and get bloody. Let us not wear this blood for too long. Thinking about how we are now skirting a battlefield and also a possible troll nest, while wearing easy prey scent.

finaldooms
2019-06-16, 12:45 PM
While trudging along orth moves close to Bertie! I know we are trying to save I
the healing. But I'm still really hurting ...any chance I could have a few more heals? orth visibly winces as the path is not smooth (23/50) hp

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-16, 01:23 PM
(Sorry, still working a lot, plus my wifes bday yesterday on top of Father's Day)

but if you're covered in troll blood, wont you smell like a troll?

Clw wand for oorth [roll0]
[roll1]

JonMarker2
2019-06-16, 05:58 PM
I visibly smear the troll blood over any deer blood I've got on and give Bertie the medieval equivalent of a thumbs up.

wilphe
2019-06-16, 08:08 PM
If you want the head you can have it, but you are carrying it.

Robina moves up, and keeps close to Oorth

finaldooms
2019-06-16, 08:31 PM
Orth wrinkles his nose at the blood and starts to look visibly better but not quite as normal (37/50)

I think your stick might be broken? It seems to not be working as well

finaldooms
2019-06-18, 02:16 AM
Bertie rolled ooc for more healing ( I think it was +15)

After a few more pokes and prods from the healing stick orth FINALLY looks as good as new (50/50)

ahh that's better
.now if we run into another troll I can maybe do that 1 more time, although I'd rather a real plan that is more than I stand still like a target
Shall we discuss while moving onwards?

Ow that's hard to read
"ahh that's better
.now if we run into another troll I can maybe do that 1 more time, although I'd rather a real plan that is more than I stand still like a target
Shall we discuss while moving onwards?"

Also that was what? 6 -8 charges for a heal this time?

JonMarker2
2019-06-18, 07:13 AM
Hey, Robina...you were learning from X about what it takes to be a ranger and track things by scent and by traces left behind, so should we follow where the troll came from, or should we walk away from this area. Oh. Yeah and if we smell like trolls, the trolls would leave us alone, right?

I feel like a twit, smearing the blood all over me first without confirming my actions, but that is within my nature.

As for you Oorth, why don't I be the one to draw the next troll in and you can rage behind it?

wilphe
2019-06-18, 07:40 AM
I can try and stun it with magic, the timing didn’t work quite like that last time.

Also if we have Jon flanking it should go down faster. Not sure what Bertie can do, probably you can wait until he has summons before charging?

wilphe
2019-06-18, 07:43 AM
not much tracking I can do, this seems to be a narrow ledge without too many options

As for blood, xivlir didn’t cover much about trolls but I think we all stink anyway. None of us have changed clothes or bathed since this whole thing began

finaldooms
2019-06-18, 11:14 AM
I mean..the discussion was taking a while and the troll looked nearly done so i..just sped up our options is all

Getting some help with flanking a troll would help alot, since they take so much damage I'd like to get some help hitting where it hurts , also when I rage it's a little hard keeping track of what you caster people are doing

But next time il try to wait to swing till Bertie either summons things or you blow rainbows at them

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-18, 11:51 AM
Stephen can track by smell, if you guys want to find where the troll came from. Heck, it's so foul I can almost smell where it came from

Edit:on that note, I didnt double check, but I dont think Stephen gained anything new this level anyway, afb atm, I'll check later

CNFish
2019-06-18, 02:33 PM
The party moves on and talks amongst themselves. After about half an hour of walking they still havent seen anymore trolls or any signs of the flower they are looking for.

Listen checks!

wilphe
2019-06-18, 03:10 PM
[roll0] Listen +2 / +4 if human

finaldooms
2019-06-18, 04:11 PM
Listen from orth [roll0]

CNFish
2019-06-18, 06:03 PM
Oorth can hear from behind the party a loud roar that sounds similar to the roar let out by the troll from earlier. (Anyone who makes a similar check above oorth also hears this.)

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-18, 06:54 PM
[roll0] listen

well so much for tracking

CNFish
2019-06-18, 07:11 PM
I should also make note, that the party is no longer walking g along a narrow ledge near a cliff, the party has began to move inward on the mountains, the road has widened a bit, and your still mostly heading uphill but now the mountains surround you on both sides with rolling sides that go up and down, creating valleys in between them. However still the path is still leading upwards.

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 02:55 AM
yup sounds like a troll is behind us..

Should we find a spot to ambush it?

wilphe
2019-06-19, 04:25 AM
I'd rather hide from it if we can. How far away do you think it is?

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 05:55 AM
Survival check maybe?
[roll0] to see if I can figure out the distance?

CNFish
2019-06-19, 08:08 AM
Oorth:
You cant really get a concrete distance on how far away it is, but a guesstimate says that it's likely closer to the last battleground than it is to you at the moment.

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 08:45 AM
obviously being in the mountains is making this a bit harder than expected..but from the sounds of it we are maybe an hour or so ahead of it? Although if that's a troll it probly just found it's dead friend and a trail of blood from our friend jon here..

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 08:50 AM
Also did not think to do this earlier but
[roll0] know:n for what orth actually knows about trolls besides they regenerate!

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 08:59 AM
Yay high know check for once

troll!! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/troll.htm)

(God damn color)

" now that I have a chance to think about it and a troll is not in my face...
Trolls are known for being excellent trackers with their ability to smell prey easily, the regeneration is obvious as well but what makes them really scary is their ability to shrug off blows that would fell most people and strike back with claws and teeth ...as we saw getting hit by both sets of claws makes it easier for them to leave a larger wound as well..
And it might not have been obvious in that fight since we closed so quickly, but trolls also have excellent reach which means getting in close for melee will be a problem if it knows what to expect, did we happen. To bring some actual alchemists fire and/ or Jars of oil with us?
I'm not sure what I was thinking charging that first troll so recklessly when a long range approach would be better served..and with Bertie summoning stuff to take the hit as well.."

JonMarker2
2019-06-19, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to blend into our surroundings...surroundings, do you think there is a near by deep stream that we could hop into then?
Listen: [roll0] +4
If it is tracking it's friend, then why don't we help it find the rest of the body at the battle field, hopefully next to some hobgoblins?
Listen for sounds of battlefield: [roll1] +4

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 10:48 AM
i... find it kind of doubtful we will suddenly find water right near us, maybe farther up the trail? And I know I was the one who got knocked around a bit...but didn't we leave the troll body back where we killed it?

wilphe
2019-06-19, 11:29 AM
I have plenty of fire

finaldooms
2019-06-19, 11:45 AM
good, if the troll is tracking us it might be better to set up an ambush since im currently assuming we need to go back down to give that..gnome...his troll plant thing
Good news if we need to ambush we just need most of the party to stay upwind at least 60ft and leave bait whereever we decide to do it..in this case the bait will most likely be our smelly friend Jon here

..unless we want to try to reason with a troll but i feel that might be a tad difficult since we most likely killed its friend and or mate..i did not take the time to see what gender that troll was,

sooo i just took the time to actually read what alchemist fire does...this is guna be bad lol..IF we hit it..it takes 1d6 damage..then if it doesnt put the fire out..it deals 1d6 damage..and then the fire goes out if i read that right lol...so we are looking at a max of 2d6 damage over the course of 2 rounds...good news is we can all hit the troll with it if we get lucky and deal 4d6 x2 if he doesnt put the fire out

wilphe
2019-06-19, 11:00 PM
Well, that's why her throwing it was an addition to hitting it really hard not a substitute.

Mundane damage works fine if we have enough

JonMarker2
2019-06-20, 07:20 AM
It doesn't matter the power of fire we have, it just matters if make it to our destination and back. Plus having whatever you heard possible coming from behind us does not bode well for the people we had wait for us. For everyone' sake make haste!

CNFish
2019-06-20, 09:16 AM
As the party walls and talks strategy, after about 15 minutes, they round a curve that leads into a plateau in the mountains in a wide cooled area, the ground here is softened and ripe for flora to sprout. The mountain seems itself to surround the party here as if they were in between hills in a valley. In the far corner of the plateau about 200 ft from the party, the party can spot a bushel of flowers that resemble the trolls foot they are looking for.

Imagery to help the party imagine what I'm trying to say lol.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/f8/a0/b4/yumthang-valley.jpg

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-20, 09:32 AM
Spot [roll0] looking for any signs of trolls

Survival [roll1] for tracking if necessary

I can bring plenty of fire when we need it

CNFish
2019-06-20, 09:50 AM
Spot [roll0] looking for any signs of trolls

Survival [roll1] for tracking if necessary

I can bring plenty of fire when we need it

You can spot several areas where the grass has been trampled down, and in these areas the spots are grouped. (K. Nature DC 15 - to know that these are bedding for the trolls.)
However you dont see any signs of living trolls. And the area overall seems largely silent.

Also for your survival check you notice plenty of tracks leading in many different directions. This area is well traveled by trolls apparently.

wilphe
2019-06-20, 11:56 AM
Alright, let's do this and then get the hell out of here

Robina does Illusion (Glamer)

Level:
Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Trickery 1

Components:
V, S

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
Personal

Target:
You

Duration:
10 min./level (D)

You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller, thin, fat, or in between. You cannot change your body type. Otherwise, the extent of the apparent change is up to you. You could add or obscure a minor feature or look like an entirely different person.

The spell does not provide the abilities or mannerisms of the chosen form, nor does it alter the perceived tactile (touch) or audible (sound) properties of you or your equipment.

If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +10 bonus on the Disguise check.

A creature that interacts with the glamer gets a Will save to recognize it as an illusion.
"I am a very small troll but hopefully you are far away" and heads over to the patch of Trollsfoot to grab as much as possible

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-20, 03:12 PM
Maintaining a lookout while robina collects.

Kno nature [roll0] for th beds

CNFish
2019-06-20, 04:57 PM
As robina transforms into a smaller troll she heads to the patch as she reaches the patch she notices two trolls ahead about 30ft around a bend. The trolls look at her, but seem docile for the moment as they are easily fooled by her looks. However as she begins grabbing the flowers the trolls start grunting and staring her down intently.

(Pass a DC 12 bluff check to act like a troll and suppress their notion you are anything but. Because you smell like a human.)

wilphe
2019-06-20, 09:47 PM
[roll0] Bluff+7

CNFish
2019-06-20, 09:52 PM
The trolls are completely fooled. They turn away from robina and begin to walk away.

finaldooms
2019-06-20, 10:42 PM
Since orth stays back with jon and bertie..

In a whisper you know..I was kind of hoping this was farther away than where we were..once robins gets the plant we somehow need to get around the troll that's probly chasing us...plus I'm not sure how many trolls would live near these plants

JonMarker2
2019-06-20, 11:09 PM
Back to Oorth with the same force measured whisper: Let us not find out and find a way out

Spot check the troll on our tail / trail: [roll0] +4

wilphe
2019-06-20, 11:31 PM
Robina finishes gathering the rest of the Trollsfoot and ambles in what she hopes is a trollish fashion back to the group

CNFish
2019-06-21, 04:07 PM
Ronina safely makes it back to the party with a bushel of trolls foot flowers.

wilphe
2019-06-21, 04:30 PM
Let's get out of here

JonMarker2
2019-06-22, 03:52 AM
If we can visibly see that the other trolls are still watching Robina: sense motive (are they wanting to follow her) [roll0] +3

A little before Robina gets back to us I point the direction we came so both Oorth and Bertie can see.
Move silently: [roll1] +5

CNFish
2019-06-26, 01:23 PM
Suddenly to the side of the party. Up a cliff facing of about 10 feet high, and 100 feet back Bertie can hear a familiar incantation going off in a not so common tongue (giant) and oorth can spot a troll.

Entangle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm)
Bertie recognizes the language of the spell and therefore gains a +1 bonus. If you pass you may only move at half your speed.

However if you fail, grass, weeds as and bushes rose from the ground and wrap around you effectively stopping movement

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-26, 01:48 PM
[roll0] +3 reflex (circumstance bonus included)

Bertie immediately begins SNA3 for a Thoqqua (drop it next to the troll mage)
Initiative [roll1] +1

Thoqqua (from d20srd, augmented summoning applied in green
Size/Type: Medium Elemental (Earth, Extraplanar, Fire)
Hit Dice: 3d8+3 (+6) (16 hp) 22hp
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), burrow 20 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (+1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4 +2/+6
Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3 plus 2d6 fire) +6 (1d6+5 plus 2d6 fire)
Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3 plus 2d6 fire)+6 (1d6+5 plus 2d6 fire)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Heat, burn
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, immunity to fire,
tremorsense 60 ft., vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +4 +6 Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1519, Dex 13, Con 13 17,Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +5, Move Silently +3, Survival +3
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Elemental Plane of Fire
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 4-9 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment:
When a thoqqua is disturbed, its first instinct is to attack. Its favored tactic is to spring directly at a foe, either by bursting out of the rock or by coiling up its body and launching itself like a spring. (Treat this as a charge, even though the thoqqua does not need to move 10 feet before attacking.)

Heat (Ex)
Merely touching or being touched by a thoqqua automatically deals 2d6 fire damage.

Burn (Ex)
When a thoqqua hits with its slam attack, the opponent must succeed on a DC 12 Reflex save or catch fire. The save DC is Constitution-based. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds if not extinguished sooner. A burning creature can use a full-round action to put out the flame.

Just saw the 100' away part, 35' away from me is farthest I can place it

finaldooms
2019-06-26, 02:11 PM
guys troll ..up there

[roll0] reflex save

Soon as we figure out what all is happening orth is going to double move (50ft total) to get out of the entangle..
And I forgot to roll inatative also so il do what on a new post when its time

wilphe
2019-06-26, 02:37 PM
[roll0] Spot+2
[roll1] Listen +2
[roll2] Reflex +4

wilphe
2019-06-26, 02:40 PM
Robina takes double move to get out of the entanglement and gets her bow ready.

Careful he might not be alone.

Move 40' back towards him

[roll0] Initiative +6

JonMarker2
2019-06-27, 09:25 AM
(something is weird with mythweaver's site today)

spot: [roll0] +4
Listen: [roll1] +4
reflex: [roll2] +6

Gets out of way of entanglement, ready sword (keen short), looks for a spot to flank.

CNFish
2019-06-27, 09:52 AM
So since no one is near the troll and he now has this elemental to deal with. They will begin fighting. And initiative will kick in when the gap between the two parties closes (r1, is the party getting out of entangle. Remember to get closer you will have to climb the cliff facing to get to it. Or wait for him to finish the elemental and then come for you.)

*edit: berries summon is a full round, so to clarify this is all technically happening in r2, to which the party is freed from the entangle by then. And will move forward to engage the elemental...

The elemental appears close to the troll and he reacts instantly with a double claw attack and bite!
[roll0] +16 claw
[roll1] +16 claw
[roll2] +11 bite
[roll3] claw
[roll4] claw
[roll5] bite

If both claws hit rend for [roll6]

And the troll will take [roll7] fire damage for touching the elemental

finaldooms
2019-06-27, 10:05 AM
[roll0] initiative roll since i forgot to do it

and orth was moving..up the path in r1 ( just to make it clear since he was leaving the entangle)

i guess when r2 rolls around..orth keeps moving up? cause the troll is 100ft away..and 10 ft up ..so if i move another 30 that puts me..30 away and 10 down?

JonMarker2
2019-06-27, 10:44 AM
init: [roll0] +3
climb: [roll1] +3

going to try and match pace with Oorth, but if I see an opening for a flank...I will take it.

wilphe
2019-06-27, 11:44 AM
Start of R2

Robina 18 60' from Troll (just outside Entangle)
Jon 13 50' from Troll next to Oorth
Oorth 11 50' from Troll next to Jon
Troll ???
Bertie 1 95' from troll Still inside Entangle

Troll was 100' behind us and 10' up, Oorth moved 50' back towards it last turn and Jon is with him

Robina gets little bit closer and puts an arrow in it

Close to 30' and shoot

[roll0] +7
[roll1] +7
[roll2] +7
[roll3] +2

Bertie noted he couldn't put the Summons next to the troll, however it's already been killed so...

Thoquaa is 2d6 "each time you touch it", so troll takes damage for each attack?

finaldooms
2019-06-27, 08:37 PM
Rolling more damage for DM ( he asked me since he is at work)
[roll0] fire damage from touching the elemental

DM troll takes a total of 22 fire damage for attacking the elemental ( to save you the hassle of scrolling back up)

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-27, 09:07 PM
Move toward the troll, out of the entangle if possible. Listen [roll0] +8 spot [roll1] +8 scanning for any other threats in the area. Handle animal [roll2] +11 free action attack, stephen!!

Stephen reflex [roll3]+6
Either burrow up through the cliff if it's not totally solid rock, or [roll4] +2 climb

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-27, 09:09 PM
Listen was +8, spot was +7

Sorry wasnt paying attention today

CNFish
2019-06-27, 09:22 PM
Ok. So r2 troll action.

After the troll finishes off the elemental quite literally getting burned as it rips it apart. Robinas arrow strikes hard into its chest. It pulls out a javelin and lobs it at robina.

[roll0] +10 (-4 for ranged penalty.)
[roll1] damage x2 for crit.

CNFish
2019-06-27, 09:25 PM
R2 finishes with Bertie giving a command to an immobile stephen. And then moving away from the entangled (I'm assuming in the direction of oorth or robina? Your choice. )

Top of R3: Go!

wilphe
2019-06-28, 05:12 AM
Robina winces as the javelin bounces off her armour, then moves closer and lobs a vial of alchemists fire up at him

[roll0]+5 Ranged Touch
[roll1]+5
[roll2]+5

wilphe
2019-06-28, 05:14 AM
I think that's a hit

[roll0] And the troll is on fire

finaldooms
2019-06-28, 07:04 AM
So..I'm confused on the order

R1 was entangle avoid entangle ( Bertie starts summoning everyone else moves)
R2 everyone moves and robina fires ( and moves) troll delays till Bertie summons ( then Bertie acts) troll then acts and kills elemental...then throws a javalin?
Then r3?

JonMarker2
2019-06-28, 07:12 AM
R3:
You all know what time it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldiTspgwMZA
And get to it.

Closing gap between troll and self.

wilphe
2019-06-28, 10:29 AM
Summons appeared as if cast instantly in r1 and was killed immediately

R2 was javelin throw

finaldooms
2019-06-28, 10:38 AM
Orth will keep the 40ish feet away and delay untill the troll comes down? I'm not really keen on climbing up there

wilphe
2019-06-28, 03:13 PM
Robina is right next to it, she'd rather not be the person it attacks when/if it jumps down

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-28, 11:12 PM
Sorry, worked all day

Stephen rnd2 dc20 strength check to break entangle and get half move (use to burrow under plants if possible, move 10' towards Bertie)
STR [roll0]

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-28, 11:35 PM
Stephen rnd3 same thing str [roll0]

Bertie round 3
In giant "hey ugly, over here!"
Whip a sling bullet at it [roll1] +5 20x2 bludgeoning

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-28, 11:37 PM
Crit lol

[roll0] damage

Did I see anything (more trolls for example) with my rolls fom round 2?

finaldooms
2019-06-28, 11:49 PM
Woo all the damage from berties crit!

..orth is pretty much stuck on stand by untill the troll acts ( he is not going to leave himself open while climbing up a wall) ...actually

Instead of delaying in r3 he pulls out that potion of bark skin and drinks it (+3 NA giving orth a .19 AC for a long time)

JonMarker2
2019-06-29, 03:06 AM
R4

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Track

Using survival as Tracking skill to see where the troll is most likely come down the mountain: [roll0] +3
Even if this means moving away from Oorth, Block and climb the path the route that I think the troll will take.
(if needed: climb: [roll]1d20[roll] +3)

Oorth, PIN Him In! I put a lot of gusto on the word PIN, hoping to convey both meanings.

JonMarker2
2019-06-29, 03:07 AM
(I need a proof reader for my proof reading... dang climb check!)
if needed: climb: [roll0] +3

CNFish
2019-06-29, 06:57 PM
Wilphie, I'm not seeing your r3 attack I know you said you were going to fire at it so, whenever you ready post that attack please... Unless I missed it...

Anyways r3 summary has the troll attacking Robina as the rest of the party moves into flank positions. Top of R4.

Assuming nothing really changes Jon stated that he was climbing up after and close to the troll? So the troll will move to attack Jon (unless something changes...) Jon moved we Oorth and then climbed up, so the troll will move to be right next to Jon ( 20 feet away. ) And Chuck a javelin at him.

[roll0]+10
[roll1]

Also, Bertie did not notice any other apparent dangers.

Edit: NVM wilphie, final dooms pointed it out to me lol

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-29, 08:32 PM
Stephen same thing STR [roll0] dc20 to break free

Bertie light it up

Drifts of the Shalm
(Player's Handbook II)

Evocation
Level: Druid 2,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: One 5-ft. square/level (S)
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You call upon the power of Obad-Hai and conjure forth a great drift of snow, leaves, or smoldering ash.
Druids of Obad-Hai routinely evoke the drifts of their lord to delay their enemies, to buy themselves time in the face of a sudden threat, and simply to decorate their groves.
You create drifts of snow, leaves, or ash 3 feet thick.
It costs 2 squares of movement to enter a drift-covered square.
Additional effects apply based on the type of drift.
A snow drift ripples with freezing energy.
Anyone moving through or located in a snow drift takes 3 points of cold damage each round.
If any part of a leaf drift comes in contact with fire (anything from a torch to a fireball will do), the whole drift instantly ignites.
The heat from the burning leaves deals 2d6 points of fire damage to anyone in the inferno.
An ash drift smolders with dying embers.
Anyone moving through or located in an ash drift takes 3 points of fire damage each round.

5 (5') squares, one where troll stands, 4 around him I guess, not where the party stands though

Edit. Use Drift of Leaves

finaldooms
2019-06-29, 11:22 PM
R4? Orth moves up to beside robina ( below the troll)
so...I really dont want to climb up there...mind if I snag a few alchemist fire?
( orth asks if he can take a few and if so uses his remaining move action to take a from robina)

If robina says no he grumbles and uses his move action to start climbing ( idr if you put a DC to climb..orth has a +12 to climb though)
Edit after robina reply
Move action put sword up
I keep forgetting about those..

wilphe
2019-06-30, 06:41 AM
Robina watches as Bertie's Drifts of Leaves make contact with the alchemists fire on the burning troll and become a sheet of flame. It's an unpleasant mix of smells, the leaves smell like an autumn bonfire - the sort of thing one might swap tales and liquor around of an evening, but the Alchemists Fire adds a vaguely chemical and unnatural note - like cooking on a grill before the lighter fluid has burnt off - whilst the troll itself adds overpowering notes of burning flesh and rubber.

I don't think we need more fire damage, try a javelin.

Though I don't think it's going to stay up there

JonMarker2
2019-06-30, 08:12 AM
What I am trying to do is keep the troll up there and pin him with sword and not let him use the easy paths down. Sorry for not rping this point, but I didn't think it was coming through properly.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-06-30, 11:25 PM
Stephen again (not sure what trolls CL is, how many rnds entangle lasts) dc20 str [roll0]

Bertie tosses a thunderstone in the square next to the troll. Ac5 for the square, range increment 20' [roll1]+5

:Thunderstone (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Thunderstone)

Assuming it hits, troll gets a dc15 fort or he's deaf for an hour, details in link

wilphe
2019-07-01, 12:06 PM
I think you are skipping ahead there

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-01, 02:28 PM
I know I'm bottom of the order. My schedules been so sporadic, just trying to post once a round

CNFish
2019-07-01, 05:05 PM
Ok. So r4 summary. Robina lobs alchemists fire, oorth moves closer to robina. Jon decides to close the gap between himself and the troll and climb up after it. (Jon is now up on the cliff facing, the rest of the party is not.) The troll sees jon and rushes to take on the bold challenger who would climb after it and chuck's a javelin at jon. Bertie then brings forth a spell to surround the troll in leaves. (Which I'll go ahead and roll damage for the flames [roll0]) as the flames engulf the troll.

R5:

I'll wait for the party before posting the trolls actions.

wilphe
2019-07-02, 04:41 AM
Robina 31/39
Jon Stabbing
Oorth Javelin
Troll 35 Fire + 22 NL = 57/???
Bertie Going to throw Thunderstone

Robina backs off a bit and shoots an arrow at it

[roll0] +7
[roll1] +7
[roll2] +7
[roll3] +2

finaldooms
2019-07-02, 06:14 AM
Ok so we are r5 now?

Orth makes sure he is within 30ft and chucks a javelin ( pulling it out as part of my move action) at the troll

[roll0]+5
Damage is [roll1] x2 on a 20 crit

JonMarker2
2019-07-02, 10:30 AM
Did the troll hit AC 18? I know he threw the javelin, but I am having a hard time finding the Thac0 attack.

For R5
Keeping pressure on the troll and continue to close the gap. 2nd climb check: [roll0] +3

If I am in a position to strike at the troll's feet or footing and if in a climb I myself am not considered a medium load, Then I would like to try the Insightful Strike and at least get the troll off his footing.

(Ex): At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

Thac0: [roll1] +5 DMG: [roll2] +2 +1 int

wilphe
2019-07-02, 12:53 PM
Did the troll hit AC 18? I know he threw the javelin, but I am having a hard time finding the Thac0 attack.

Nope he missed

(3d20)[5][2][9](16)+10

CNFish
2019-07-02, 08:15 PM
Troll takes another [roll0] for alchemist fire. It emerges from the flames holding a battle axe, (dropped his javelin free action pulled, battleaxe.) And moves to attack Jon. Putting it 5' infront of Jon.

[roll1]+17
[roll2] x3 crit

CNFish
2019-07-02, 08:22 PM
R5 summary:

Robina shoots an arrow and misses, oorth throws a javelin after moving and misses, Jon attacks and hits the troll in the leg. The troll moves to attack Jon. (Which I just realized he didn't have to...) and deals damage to Jon. Bertie tosses a thunderstone at the troll (fort save: [roll0])

Jon also needs a fort save, for being close to the troll.

R6: go!

wilphe
2019-07-03, 06:41 AM
Robina 31/39 Attempting Daze
Jon 30/44
Oorth
Troll 36 Fire + 29 NL = 65/???
Bertie

Robina attempts Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You thrust one arm forward toward your foe, palm open and fingers splayed.
The creature reels as an invisible surge of power invades its mind.
You launch a magical assault that wears at the target's mind, dealing 1d6 points of nonlethal damage if it fails its saving throw.
For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you deal an extra 1d6 points of nonlethal damage to the subject, to a maximum of 5d6 at 9th level.
on the troll

[roll0] Save v DC15 +??
[roll1]

finaldooms
2019-07-03, 08:51 AM
jon try luring it down to us! orth says on his turn while pulling and throwing another javalin

[roll0]+5
[roll1] damage x2 on 20

JonMarker2
2019-07-03, 09:02 AM
as stated 30/44 Hp
R6:
Fort Save: [roll0] +6

Is my keen sword still in the troll at the moment?
If it is: Pull swords and possible monster down with me
If not Thac0: [roll1] +5 DMG: [roll2] +2

either way, pull the brute with me down now with 5 ft step.

CNFish
2019-07-03, 09:24 AM
Jon if you want to pull the troll over the cliff with you, you'll need to make a grapple check first. Also your sword isnt stuck in the creature. Insightful strike doesnt work that way.

wilphe
2019-07-03, 01:07 PM
How badly hurt is the troll right now?

JonMarker2
2019-07-03, 02:32 PM
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Grapple
Okay, Grapple Check: [roll0] +3 base attack +1 strength.
(reflex if needed: [roll1] + 2 base no dex)

the Troll gets an opposed check, and if failed gets an opportunity attack.

I think I got him!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8r3OjrZhM

finaldooms
2019-07-03, 03:52 PM
DM wants to know if you are changing your action for r5 from stab with sword to attempt to grapple...if you are..you need to make a melee touch attack as well

Per the DM ..the troll is starting to look very injured from down where the majority of the party is at

JonMarker2
2019-07-03, 04:13 PM
Just save it for round 6 if it is a melee attack, because I can't move and I need to MOVE NOW or get crisped in round 5

there for R6
Thac0 Touch: [roll0] +3 base +1 Str

wilphe
2019-07-03, 05:05 PM
You will be eating an AOO from the troll, and attempting to wrestle something that's bigger and stronger than you...

CNFish
2019-07-03, 09:37 PM
Troll will save [roll0] and AOO on jon with battleaxe [roll1]+17, damage [roll2], if missed opposed grapple check [roll3]

wilphe
2019-07-04, 03:32 PM
Robina 31/39 WHELM
Jon 14/44 Failed Grapple
Oorth UNWOUNDED Javelin
Troll 36 Fire + 29 NL = 65/??? +4 Robina +9 Oorth = 36F+42 NL = 78/???
Bertie UNWOUNDED ???

We have Troll and Bertie to act

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-04, 04:43 PM
No wounds, Stephen and Bertie. Stephen's entangled, unless the duration of the spell ended.

Str DC 20 [roll0] to break free. Move up to join Bertie if he can

Bertie will taunt the troll in giant (I dont recall if he made /failed the thunderstorms save and is deaf)
I knew trolls smell bad, but I'm crying from here
Sling bullet [roll1]+5 [roll2] 20x2 bludgeoning

JonMarker2
2019-07-04, 09:32 PM
(the grapple would have been round 7, not 6, didn't think. I'm pleased with the actions and obvious results.)

Anyways round 8 R8:

https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-movie-film-ly4v8dbjEg6gE
Disengage from grapple (opposed needed or not?: [roll0] +3 +1), 5 foot step to remove 2nd aoo, then jack sparrow the heck to the nearest readied arms of my colleagues.

finaldooms
2019-07-04, 11:11 PM
R8 right?

Orth pu...
Crap I've been forgetting the -4 for jon being next to it

....orth pulls out another javalin feeling pretty confident since he has mysteriously been hitting
I can do this all day..well untill I run out

[roll0]+1
[roll1] x2 if a 20 crit

and...spoke to soon as the javalin goes flying away

CNFish
2019-07-05, 09:29 AM
Ok. So everyone needs to slow up. We are still only on r6 lol. Jon you need to be more concise with your actions you said in r6 you wanted to pull the brute down the cliff. Finaldooms asked if you were changing your round action and if you were you needed to make a melee touch. To which you did. And then you back tracked and said otherwise that it was supposed to be your r7 action instead. Be more precise with your wording and dont get ahead of yourself.

The troll apparently doesnt engage with jon in grapple of r6...

So the troll makes a simple attack on jon (we will use the AOO that I rolled earlier for this.)

CNFish
2019-07-05, 09:31 AM
Bertie: entangle would last 10 rounds. Also it seems the troll is ignoring your attempts to get its attention with jon infront of him

So r6 summary:
Robina and oorth manage to land an attack on the troll, with robina attempting a mind attack, and oorth with a javelin. Jon unfortunately does not land his attack, and neither does Bertie. The troll continues to attack jon its closest target.

We are now R7: (finaldooms you can use that "R8 action for this round if you want.) Jon if you are going to engage in grapple only engage in grapple... do not make other actions....

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-05, 12:11 PM
yeah, figured it wouldn't do much, but its earlyish in the day, I don't want to keep burning through spells, and the only person who needs Healing is up a cliff grappling a troll. Also didn't want to just jump into wildshape since we didn't really level "properly"

Stephen STR dc20, break entangle [roll0] if successful, burrow 20' under the spell towards Bertie.

I'll wait to post Bertie's action til after Jon and troll, just in case I have to climb up to heal him.

JonMarker2
2019-07-05, 01:18 PM
Sorry, was only counting my actions. Just leave things in the order they are and if I am slowing things down or speeding to fast, feel free to hold me up or move me as needed.

wilphe
2019-07-05, 07:51 PM
Robina 31/39 Cast Whelm, troll saved
Jon 14/44
Oorth UNWOUNDED
Bertie UNWOUNDED

Robina watches her mental attack spasm through the troll and tries it again, currently 20' back from it

Whelm

[roll0] Fort Save + ??? v DC15
[roll1] Non lethal Damage

wilphe
2019-07-05, 07:53 PM
Jon is up to act

JonMarker2
2019-07-06, 05:38 AM
Still Running, Oorth wanted him down the cliff and in an area to hit the troll. Its time to roll.

Climb down check: [roll0] +3
Get as far as possible away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhOrxkGlLDM

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-06, 08:20 AM
Bertie will rush to jon and use wand of clw [roll0]

CNFish
2019-07-06, 07:04 PM
Troll fort save, [roll0]

Also since jon is moving more than 5ft to run away he eats an AOO [roll1]+17 [roll2]

CNFish
2019-07-06, 07:42 PM
The troll resists robinas attack. And misses as jon runs away, however jon fails to climb back down safely and takes [roll0] damage. The troll now alone on the top of the mountain decides to take the battle to the ground. It sheaths itd battleaxe and proceeds top climb down on the opposite side of jon. Putting the troll behind jon and the party.

Jon being about 15' away

CNFish
2019-07-06, 07:44 PM
Also forgot troll climb check [roll0] to be as t a DC 10, if it fails it takes a [roll1] damage

CNFish
2019-07-06, 07:47 PM
Round summary.

Robina tries once again to effect the mind of the troll to no avail oorth lobs another javelin but it swings wide and misses the mark entirely. Jon decides being close to an angry hulking troll is detrimental to his life and makes a run for it. Nearly escaping certain death in the process however falls over the cliff still sustaining damage, the trefoil decides to take the battle to the ground finally but loses his footing and falls, Bertie rushes to Jon's side and gives him some health

wilphe
2019-07-06, 11:11 PM
Robina 31/39
Jon 16/44
Oorth UNWOUNDED
Bertie UNWOUNDED

Robina keeps her distance from the troll, trying to put Oorth between her and it but with it apparently not in melee goes back to shooting at it

[roll0] +7
[roll1] +7
[roll2] +7
[roll3] +2

finaldooms
2019-07-07, 01:22 AM
Orth watches the troll land and sighs before raging! (+4 str con -2 ac ...so 17?)

Not 100% sure if this is ok so DM let me know

Orth let's out a roar of rage and charges at the troll pulling out his greatsword in the process and swings!
[roll0] +15
[roll1] +10(x2 if 19-20 crit) and [roll2] fire
Oh and Ac is 15 until my next turn

pull sword as part of move action then attack
[roll3] +13
Damage [roll4] +10 (x2 if 19-20 crit) and [roll5] fire damage
Ac remains 17

JonMarker2
2019-07-07, 07:28 AM
Quickly Limp away from the dangers! I'm heading to the entangle spell.
Force him into his own spell!
Since it is grumbling some other noise as language, then hopefully it won't understand common.

JonMarker2
2019-07-08, 06:48 AM
Hp remainder with fall damage and quick heal recalculated: 8 at fall, +8 heal, net total for current: 16 HP.
(Updating sheet to reflect)

Still limping to the entangle spell.

https://cheezburger.com/2164854016
Thank you for correcting me.

finaldooms
2019-07-08, 07:14 AM
Bertie healed you for 8 jon...unless I'm just reading your math wrong

CNFish
2019-07-08, 12:12 PM
The troll moves to get up as he was proned from the fall, as oorth rushes closer jon beats a speedy retreat, as the troll gets up he eats an AOO from oorth.

Afterwards oorth being the closest target he begins to attack oorth.

[Rollv]3d20[rollv] +17
[roll0]

CNFish
2019-07-08, 12:16 PM
Reroll to hit [roll0] +17

Also been forgetting the troll has regen, so I'll mark it from the last round to start that, since we are round 8 at the moment the troll regained 5 non lethal damage at the end of r7

finaldooms
2019-07-08, 04:35 PM
AOO
[roll0] +17. ( or +19 cause you never specifically said if I could charge on my turn..if I could it was a hit btw)
[roll1]+10 (x2 on crit 19-20) and [roll2] fire

wilphe
2019-07-08, 05:23 PM
Bertie is up

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-08, 09:19 PM
stephen, attack!!! handle animal [roll0] (free action)

Jon another clw [roll1]

Stephen (assuming I hit the dc15 on the HA)

Move up and attack (dunno how many AoO the troll has, but if a dire badger takes damage it auto-rages)

Claw [roll2] +4 [roll3] slash 20x2
Claw2 [roll4] +4 [roll5]
Bite [roll6]-1 [roll7]

If he takes damage, next round he gets +4str, +4con and -2 ac, involuntary rage until he or the troll is dead

CNFish
2019-07-08, 09:35 PM
Troll aoo on stephen ([roll0] +17, [roll1])

Round summary.

Robina fires an arrow and misses, oorth didnt charge but moves closer to the downed troll placing himself between jon and the troll and attacks however, his attack falls short, luckily enough though as the troll moves to get up oorth notices an opportunity to attack again and lands a hit. The troll then moves to attack his closest target oorth and lands a solid blow against his target. Bertie moves to help jon again with some more healing as he commands his faithful companion to attack, stephen rushes close but fails to land a blow to the troll.

Oh and jon moved to retreat and is now 30' from the troll next to Bertie.

Round 9 Go:

wilphe
2019-07-08, 10:00 PM
Robina 31/39
Jon 22/44
Oorth 43/60?
Troll 42 Fire + 54 NL
Bertie UNWOUNDED

Robina looks for another opening to shoot it

[roll0] +3
[roll1] +3
[roll2] +3
[roll3] +2

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-08, 10:05 PM
Stephen's ac is 19, that hit puts him at 20/34, he rages, con increase puts him up to 26/40, 17ac.
Will wait for his actions later

JonMarker2
2019-07-08, 10:27 PM
Eat Arrows!
Thinking that I am close enough to the entangle spell for it to work on the troll, I get back to basics of defeating any enemy, wear it down at range, kill it as fast as possible, close the gap, entrap, make sure it dead twice with a double tap.

Switching from sword to bow and arrow, facing troll (5' step?), Aim.

[roll0] +8 DMG:[roll1] +1

finaldooms
2019-07-08, 10:30 PM
ah screw it!
Orth winds up for a powerful strike!
( pa for -5+10)

[roll0] + 8 (13-5)
[roll1] +20 ( x2 crit 19-20) and [roll2] fire

...God I hope I hit

CNFish
2019-07-08, 10:52 PM
Combat will end with oorths attack as the troll will fall unconscious from the combined damage. Though feel free to post your attacks if you want to add on in the damage.

finaldooms
2019-07-08, 11:21 PM
Unless someone stops orth he is guna CDG and kill the troll..cause I really dont want a rematch

oww...I'm really starting to hate trolls...think this one was the leader? Seemed tougher than the last

Also rage ends and I'm now at 33/50 hp

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-09, 12:07 AM
Stephen literally will not stop raging until it's dead. Cdg it with the fire sword if you can while he continues to attack. If I have to I'll burn an SNA2 for a small elemental to fire punch it to death.

definitely not your average troll. I've heard stories of druids and rangers among savage races, never thought I'd see one.

Another clw for jon [roll0]
1 for oorth [roll1]
1 for stephen [roll2]

I need to go back through this fight, update that wand. Had over 30 charges at the start of today in game world.

CNFish
2019-07-09, 08:27 AM
The party rips into the unconscious troll until it no longer draws a breath the beast now lies on the ground in a puddle of blood, its fur matted in clots of dried blood from fire and its skin ripped and tattered from the constant attacks.

finaldooms
2019-07-09, 08:37 AM
ha...ha ..cant you control that badger? It was hell trying to finish off that troll with it getting in the way
...anyways can we take these stupid plants down to the gnome now? I'm tired and sore and I dont even remember why we were doing this

wilphe
2019-07-09, 08:43 AM
Robina quickly checks the corpse for anything interesting

[roll0] Search +5

Let's get out of here.

JonMarker2
2019-07-09, 08:56 AM
Look over if any other trolls have noticed us (taking ten), kicking troll-wiz in nads and walking off direction of the wizard tower, small huff for self.
If arrow is retrievable, then that.

Stats:
28/44
39/40 arrows
other equipment: in need of mends.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-09, 10:53 AM
uh, we were doing this so he'd reincarnate xivilir. And Stephen mostly listens, but if anyone draws blood from any dire badger, they're relentless until they or their foe is dead.

wilphe
2019-07-09, 01:38 PM
Also so we are on good terms with the only person around here who can reincarnate any of us

CNFish
2019-07-09, 03:46 PM
The party saunters along the trail the rest of the way quite exhausted from the past fights. (Not exhausted as in your taking penalties.....) anyways they make it to the base of the mountains where they meet up with the NPCs they left there.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-09, 03:46 PM
Troll have loot?

wilphe
2019-07-09, 05:01 PM
Robina warmly greets the recruits who guarded the horses.

Any trouble? No? Good. Let's be off.

Head through Hazeltown and see if Abraham showed up, then to the gnomes

They will take a brisk trot for a couple of miles

JonMarker2
2019-07-10, 07:29 AM
Just so I can lag behind and go at a comfortable pace, I'm watching the the rear 6 o'clock bow ready and full of beans for the first thing that comes near us.

JonMarker2
2019-07-11, 08:39 AM
Things that I wish to check:
1) any one that we consider an enemy close to us
2) any one suspicious following us now, a strange new face in the crowd we had not originally came with or a shadow that seems out of place and too close to us
3) How close to the war between the goblins and gnomes are we actually

Things that I wish to do:
1) Get back to base without incident
2) Heal
3) Ask if we have learned any other Hobgoblin or Goblin leaders' names
A) If we have forge a retreat order
B) If not see what and where the humanoids have been concentrating the attacks on and why

(bottom post clw leaves me at 35/44) Thanks Bertie! To the party I voice my above check list and get their opinion.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-11, 09:20 AM
Wand of CLW on Jon [roll0]

Believe that puts it at 29/50. Posting on phone will double check

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-11, 09:26 AM
Nope, 33/50 charges left.

do you guys want me to scout? bertie asks as we begin moving back to the npcs

wilphe
2019-07-11, 10:58 AM
As you wish

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-11, 01:04 PM
if I see trouble I'll let you know. 1 caw is ahead, 2 to your right, 3 behind and 4 to your left

Wildshape into Dire Hawk and circle the party from a couple hundred feet up as they travel.

finaldooms
2019-07-11, 01:15 PM
so we were bringing X back to life? What about the mayor? ..I mean I dont really mind which one..
So bird noises means something around..got it

Orth continues to follow robina having decided sticking with her means staying alive

wilphe
2019-07-11, 01:47 PM
Both if we can.

Xivlir we got into this mess, though let's be honest the mess would have come to him. But he is my mentor and our friend.

Fiorello because we can, and because apart from the prince he is the only other centre of political legitimacy around here apart from Draco- and apparently that's worth something. Also I don't like the idea of rescuing him just to have him killed

If Draco specifically wanted him dead, that's a good reason to bring him back. Hopefully he doesn't come back in a form that makes it harder for him to be the mayor

It's almost like she is trying to convince herself that she is doing this for selfish reasons

finaldooms
2019-07-11, 01:51 PM
sounds like a good enough reason I guess ..btw what are we going to do with those weapons the troll had? I...could use the axe if I used both hands but I dont know anyone who wants a spear that big..plus I'm really starting to like this greatsword..its been pretty useful so far

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-11, 03:11 PM
Spot [roll0] +15

wilphe
2019-07-11, 05:50 PM
btw what are we going to do with those weapons the troll had? I

Trade them or barter them for the reincarnates. They are really too big for any of us to use and not better than what we have anyway

CNFish
2019-07-11, 08:09 PM
the party chats amongst themselves as the NPC's follow closely along, they make a bowline for hazeltown, and upon their arrival they do not notice anyone there waiting for them...

(Insert Party dialogue here for hazeltown)

however so the party notices the day is drawing on and it seems that waiting is pointless, and they begin their trek to the gnomes once again.

(once you guys decide to go to hazeltown, assume you pass through the gnomes as you did previously and you arrive at the wizards tower. if you guys want to do something else though, let it be known.)

wilphe
2019-07-11, 11:48 PM
(Insert Party dialogue here for hazeltown)

Well, he ain't here let's get moving

++++++++++++++

Outside the tower:

Robina will retrieve the wrapped corpse of the mayor and politely knock at the part of the wall where he appeared last time

Sir, we have your trollsfoot

JonMarker2
2019-07-13, 03:34 AM
If I remember the range of his stone to mud spell, I will stay at the edge of the afflicted range, rope ready this time.
Honestly I hope he doesn't send us on our way to get another shrubbery, Well...maybe if he is sending us to get the spell parts, maybe? What do you spell casters think?
After embarrassing myself with that statement, I will keep my ears opened to what the rest of the party has to say, but will focus on making sure the rope is ready for mud spa treatment.

CNFish
2019-07-13, 03:22 PM
Theres no response to the party. However the party can hear a very loud thud. And after about a minute a small explosion at the top of the tower where the party seen the lights last time appears and the explosion rumbles the ground and an object is expelled quickly from the top and hits a nearby large building before falling to the ground it's the gnome wizard.

As the party approaches the wizard
GWizzy:
ohhhh my aching head.... next time less thistle root..
He looks up to notice the party. He looks pretty rough in shape due to the fall and explosion but hes still able to move about. what are you guys still doing here? Arent you supposed to be gathering trolls foot? I'm a very busy man and I'll not have my time wasted...

From the sounds of it he hasnt noticed a passage of time from when the party left. Probably diving head first into his work.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-13, 03:34 PM
yes, jon. Reincarnate takes quite a bit of herbs and oils. Almost 1000 gold worth.

To gwizzywe're back with your troll foot actually

wilphe
2019-07-13, 07:01 PM
Yes, we have your trollsfoot sir.

Now, I recall something about requesting some reincarnations

finaldooms
2019-07-14, 12:00 AM
yup only had to kill 2 trolls for it!

CNFish
2019-07-14, 03:33 AM
as he is being presented with the trolls foot ohe cuts you guys off (about the time robina is asking about the reincarnations.)

GWizzy:
OHHHH!! Yes!! I cant believe you guys were stu--…. I mean I cant believe you guys made it all the way there and back! quick quick! come inside! this is just what I needed! he waves his hand and a door appears at the base of the house he lives in, and then motions you guys to come inside.

JonMarker2
2019-07-14, 04:59 AM
I stop handling my rope, like a prayer bead, feel where my troll's head is in my gear and try to keep it in an easy to reach spot, in case the wizard ask anything about the trolls.
One of those troll guys even did spells, there is probably more you can learn from them, even if they were killed by our hands.
At seeing the door I put away my rope and stop fondling the troll head. Wipe myself off as best I can on the grass, to get the junk off my hands and feet, before entering a person's house. Trying to be nice and not get our well earned bloodstains off, but not so much that irk everyone by lagging behind. Besides if a little bit of muddiness and bloodiness split on to his home, then deserved for dragging us through this mud.

(inner me = childish hmph!, outer me = well, let us try SOME manners)

wilphe
2019-07-14, 05:40 PM
Robina heads inside, resolving not to give him the trollsfoot until they get what they want because he'll probably then forget why they got it for him.

As they go inside she checks around for anything interesting, dangerous, valuable or another way out

[roll0] Spot +2
[roll1] Spellcraft+5

So what do you need trollsfoot for that is so important anyway?

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-14, 09:30 PM
Bertie lands next to the tower and turns back into himself.

wow, the elves told me that would be fun. Trollfoot is for (alchemy [roll0]), right?

Edit, troll foot is for treating constipation (lol)

finaldooms
2019-07-15, 12:11 AM
Orth looks at the small door and stoops down slightly to enter
I miss human sized houses..and doors. Already ....welp let's see what / who we turn into what

JonMarker2
2019-07-15, 07:17 AM
My eyes are everywhere, just like everyone else, but my hands are to my sides unless someone points something we should really need and have no way of possibly getting otherwise. However at Oorth's remark I turn with a surprised, but "Me Too" face.
I'm with you Oorth, doesn't make sense to align with goblins and start terrorizing your own. Still there are a lot of people paying for putting themselves in disguises, so maybe?

CNFish
2019-07-16, 07:55 AM
Aa the party enters the wizards home they are met with an outstanding site of different projects and trinkets covering the entirety of the house. Everything looks valuable in it's own right, and then again there are things that look like they have no value at all.

Gwizzy:
quick, quick hand me the trolls foot he motions at robina as he begins stoking a fire at the fire place and placing a kettle of water over it.

wilphe
2019-07-16, 06:20 PM
How much you need? I think we got a lot

Robina hands him the pouch they took from the Troll spellcaster

We have more if that is not enough

CNFish
2019-07-16, 09:18 PM
Gwizzy:
ah, yes. This is good, good fresh trolls foot, why i havent had something this decent in forever after a minute of the fire roaring he goes to grab a small cup. He then takes several of the leaves from the trolls foot and adds it to the hot water.
this is the best tea ever!! he exclaims now what is it you..... uh... people? Wanted?

finaldooms
2019-07-16, 10:00 PM
...we went after trolls for..tea? ...ughhhh

CNFish
2019-07-16, 10:05 PM
...we went after trolls for..tea? ...ughhhh

Gwizzy:
oh I'm sorry. Would you like some? It really is delicious and after all I should reward you for your hard work and bountiful amount he goes to get more cups.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-16, 10:12 PM
while I am intrigued about your tea, we went because you said youd help bring our friends back to life. And if I'd known wed be having tea, I'd have grabbed some toe jam for the biscuits

wilphe
2019-07-17, 12:09 AM
I would be glad to join you. I am sure it would be most refreshing

Robina takes a cup

Yes. We were seeking a couple of reincarnations, though you don't seem like a druid

JonMarker2
2019-07-17, 07:17 AM
If there are items that are labeled on the shelves I would like to read over the labels. I wish to see if he has something to remove disguises. I will stay within full view of our host and the party.

None for me at this time; thank you, there are other things that I would like to mental digest first.

finaldooms
2019-07-17, 08:12 AM
" ...no I'm good "

CNFish
2019-07-17, 09:54 AM
Gwizzy:
oh reincarnation? Ah childs play.... do you have the remains? I dont see a dead body with you. assuming robina hands over xivlirs remains. then I shall begin the process. he takes some oils out of a cabinet, and then gathers a bag of garnets he pulls out several gems and then spreads them over the remains of xivlirs remains
now this process will take a few minutes so sit tightly.

He begins the spell and incantations. The remains begin to glow and you can feel the surge of strong magic at work. And after 10 minutes the remains start to take the shape of a new creature. [roll0]

jon, the workshop is a mess and you cant really find anything specific. Though you see several potions on a shelf that all look quite valuable.

Edit:
Ah, so close...

Anyways the form is a halfling the overall look of the body is somewhat similar to xivlirs appearance though there are obvious areas that are different.

Xivilir:
ahhhhhh, he begins grasping at his neck as if he was going through the execution again. dead? I died? Did I? What's going on?

finaldooms
2019-07-17, 10:31 AM
oh look..he brought him back as a child

CNFish
2019-07-17, 11:06 AM
oh look..he brought him back as a child

Xivilr:
child? You... I remember... no I dont.. but you do seem familiar.... he looks at the gnomes Bertie and gwizzy who are the same size as himself now. yeah... ot ringing a bell... last thing I remember was a terrifying figure standing over me, ready to Kill me... dream? Could I be dreaming.. no. Was it a dream? My hands? he begins to look himself over something doesnt feel right...

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-17, 11:40 AM
xivilir I presume. Aethelbert Shmapirgrist Gringdinston Gubdalzgork at your service, my friends call me Bertie, I have heard nothing but good things about you, and yes, I'm sorry, but you died. There's a lot of that going around in Everpine. Unfortunately we couldn't find anyone capable of resurrection, but we did manage to get you Reincarnated; I hear clerics may be able to Restoration you back into your original form, most people wouldn't argue that being a halfling is far better than being dead though, just think of all the savings from buying smaller clothing, but you may lose out from having to afford 6 meals a day, but anyway, I fear we have much to discuss.

How's the mayor doing, or was he not included in the deal?

CNFish
2019-07-17, 11:44 AM
How's the mayor doing, or was he not included in the deal?

Hasnt gotten there yet

wilphe
2019-07-17, 01:48 PM
Welcome back Xivlir. We couldn't let you pass on while there are still goblins left to kill and guys like Draco who need an asswhupping.

I've never seen this happen before, so I don't know how you feel or what you remember

We left you outside the Hogboblin fort when we went in, then we saw you captured in Everpine.

Draco apparently respected you enough to snap your neck before incinerating a whole bunch of other people.

I snuck up and cut off your ears and nose so there would be enough to bring you back if that was what you wanted.

She scratches herself and sips some tea

And we got you involved in this in the first place, you might have been able to escape left by yourself.

When you are ready we can talk more, a lot's been going on and there's a lot we need to discuss. What do you remember about what happened after we left you outside the fort?

She looks at Bertie

Fiorello's body is intact and wrapped in a blanket on the surface with the troops

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-17, 11:28 PM
ah, yes. When we're ready I'll take Stephen to fetch it

JonMarker2
2019-07-18, 01:35 AM
doing a double take:
X, thank goodness! Thank you great wizard.

Guys I know we are in a hurry in order to clear our names and to do that we need the mayor and anyone that can attest to what has actually happened, but what if we state our business to someone in league with Draco and the others behind this mess...instead of getting back the mayor now...what if we investigate potential allies, don't forget that some of this happened, because people pretended to be other people. If we have the mayor now, then what is to say we won't have to face a few more trolls, only to go through the same thing again?

I try to come off as serious.

finaldooms
2019-07-18, 08:51 AM
well..I feel like there would be some kind of time limit on bringing someone back to life jon, plus I'm pretty sure we needed the mayor more than we need X, no offence and I'm glad your back. Since the mayor was supposed to be in charge of the people we managed to gather.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-18, 09:09 AM
I think reincarnate can be within a week, any longer than that and you need a more powerful spell.......should I fetch fiorello now?

finaldooms
2019-07-18, 09:24 AM
unless this guy here says otherwise I dont see why not

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-18, 01:00 PM
got it. Come Stephen. We'll be back.

We'll head outside and Bertie will have the troops help load fiorellos body onto stephen

JonMarker2
2019-07-19, 06:56 AM
Only a week, feels like we have been at this for months...we need a way to insure the mayors' and the others safety then. Also how do we prove the person is the mayor if he also comes back as something different? Won't that be thrown in our faces?

My eyes are still looking for something that will see through disguises, but now I'm also interested in anything that would help us with disguises, like make up if this wizard makes that type of stuff as a byproduct of his experiments.

finaldooms
2019-07-19, 07:19 AM
both x ans the mayor died like..2 days ago jon...I think it's been a week..maybe 2 since all this. Started ?

CNFish
2019-07-20, 10:41 AM
Gwizzy gives Bertie the sign as he prepares the next casting session. After about half an hour Bertie finally shows back up with the mayor's body.

Gwizzy:
this is a shame I actually knew this man. I've visited his office once or twice... alright let's get this done shall we so I can get back to my work. he begins casting the spell and just like before with x the body rises up and takes the form of [roll0] a human! He looks the same as he did before he died.

Mayor:
As he comes to
whoa... where am i?

finaldooms
2019-07-20, 10:49 AM
oh look not a child! And most likely some personal hell involving trolls foot

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-20, 11:03 AM
fiorello, try to relax. You were assassinated as we were traveling from hazelton to drandeldord. Mr Wizzy here was kind enough to reincarnate you. You dont look exactly the same, but it appears to have shaved a few years off...and I'm afraid we have more bad news, Abraham has missed his rendezvous.

JonMarker2
2019-07-21, 05:26 AM
Mayor you said you knew some people you wanted to get in contact with? Is it possible to send out a trusted aid with us; while you lay low and recuperate; in order to set up some form of communications?

I wait for his in put

Mr. Wizzy do you have anything that helps people talk over distances securely? If the mayor was found out to be still in this town, I don't know who will flatten who and anyone between them. I spread my hands almost as to reach for Mr. Wizzy with one hand and with the other the direction of between the two villages as if to indicate the innocent people of both villages.

CNFish
2019-07-21, 10:37 AM
Gwizzy:
bah, I have no care for that. Now, now that i have done as you have requested i must get back to my work. with that he takes his leave up a set of stairs to what one could only assume is his workshop.

Mayor:
its a strange sensation.... dying and all... I still feel the arrow in my chest.. if abraham hasnt gotten here then I fear the worst may have happened. Tell me, did you guys save the princess yet?

finaldooms
2019-07-21, 10:50 AM
" right...we got a little distracted bringing people back to life"

wilphe
2019-07-21, 03:49 PM
Thank you sir. We'll try not to bother you again. Thanks for the tea.

Robina quickly hustles everyone out of the tower before they break something or piss him off.

Yes, as Oorth said we had a quick diversion getting you guys back. Princess is next job. If it is not too much to ask Xivlir could you tell us what happened to you since we saw you last?

CNFish
2019-07-21, 06:54 PM
Xivilir:
as I recall it you three entered the fortress amd upon your escape I tried to make my way back down the mountain, I was close to the cart when I happened upon a hobgoblin raiding party. Being wounded already I was in no shape to fight them off. They knocked me unconscious and next thing I know I'm in everpine staring down the face of our evil...

JonMarker2
2019-07-23, 07:16 AM
Finally giving up on trying to see through the mess of a tower, Jon listens on as the party and the resurrected go on through their details and what we should hope to accomplish in the next outing. Giving a quick pat on his bags for a rough check what equipment was used and what they will have to resupply, while making way to hopefully the front door slowly.

wilphe
2019-07-24, 02:44 PM
Robina will bring Xivlir up to speed on what happened, everything including Abraham and the Princess, then check in with the gnomes to see if they have any news of their attack.

Ok, next item of business is the Princess. Need to find out what happened with the gnome attack.

Apparently there are some passages underneath that can get us in, if she is still there. If she is not there, well we can kill some hobs.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions that is where we should go next.

Xivlir I don't know if you want to come with us on that or not, we have some volunteers from the militia to help guard the horses with you or if you wish you can stay here and try and train the remaining militia

We have been fortunate that Fiorello has come back as himself, that means proving who he is is kind of unnecessary and might also make the enemy think we have better magic than we do.

What else, we have at least two skilled archers with access to powerful poison working for someone, probably Draco, need to be careful of them but right now they will have probably headed back to report success and get paid.

Fiorello should probably keep a low profile for the moment if they are after him

Logisitics:

Sell the stuff we got and cannot use, need another cure stick and to get some equipment for Xivlir. Fortunately we are in a gnome city so stuff in his new size should not be hard to get.

Also think about getting some better equipment for the militia

finaldooms
2019-07-25, 03:57 AM
sounds like a plan, I'm tired of standing around watching magic lol..

Orth is just going to follow robina around till it's time to do a thing

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-25, 08:14 AM
agreed, let's go find the elder, see if theres any word from the gnome strike force

Time of day?

JonMarker2
2019-07-25, 09:47 AM
Third, motion carrier-ed...I mean yeah, let us go and find out what trouble awaits. Said, lost in thought of "where the heck is the door this time, I am not swimming up through a sea of mud over tea/"

At the mayor: Just in case someone tries to pull a fast one on us, is there any way for us to know that the princess is really the princess and not someone trying to pull a fast one? I'm not talking about a signet signature ring.Maybe a maid that she is on a friendlier base with that you know of?

My ears are sharp open, but my eyes are blurring from wondering what was on the shelves and where is the door.

CNFish
2019-07-25, 10:30 AM
The party begins their trek to the citadel where they met the gnome leader earlier and talked battle plans. As they wall they pass a market where they quickly dispatch of any unnecessary gear, (if you guys need any gear make sure to mark that in the ooc and then mark it respectively in your CS. (Remember, if you didnt buy it, and it's not on your sheet, you dont have it... looking at you jon lol.)

Mayor:
I'm not quite sure what you mean there Jonathan. The only people who would be able to identify the princess in person are about a 4 day trip that way. he points in the direction of camelot. or her father. And you guys said he didnt hit his rendezvous.. but it shouldn't be hard to know who the princess is. It's likely shes the only child surrounded by hobgoblins.

At the citadel, the party meets with the leader.

GLeader:
ah, the militia how have your efforts thus far gone?

wilphe
2019-07-25, 03:53 PM
Orth is just going to follow robina around till it's time to do a thing hit something

finaldooms
2019-07-25, 05:44 PM
Well you are not wrong lol..
...I dont think there was any normal supplies orth needed?
its Godwin's turn I think btw

JonMarker2
2019-07-26, 07:05 AM
I apologize for the round about way that I am saying things mayor, what I meant was there such a person as to leave a deep impression on her highness that she would find a way to make a comment about them and make it seem off-hand? Or perhaps the likeness of the name of her first pet?

wilphe
2019-07-26, 11:24 AM
We killed some trolls, including a spellcaster, as a side effect of our getting your spellcaster to raise our friends.

We will be buying some equipment for the new recruits and reequip Xivlir and then be ready to attempt to rescue the princess.

Could you update us on the status of your attack please?

It went well I hope?

Buy your own alchemists fire and stop trying to borrow mine...

CNFish
2019-07-26, 12:06 PM
Could you update us on the status of your attack please?

It went well I hope?

GL:
initial reports were promising, our next reports were due sadly less than an hour ago. This doesnt mean anything bad has happened, perhaps the messenger was just held up. But considering what's at stake I do have some anxiety with the wait.

He begins to move to a map with figurines likely depicting the battle strategy of the gnome attack.

what we know is there is a tunnel network underneath the castle, this is common for older fortresses that were built in times of wars, as the tunnels allowed nobility to escape during a siege. However, we dont know where the tunnels lead to inside the castle. You could end up in the dungeon, you could end up right infront of the throne room. The entrance is...... here. he points to a location a little ways away from the fortress. Upon looking at the map and what you can remember from the last time the party was near the fortress the entry point is close to where the party originally climbed the mountain in search of the fortress.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-28, 11:25 PM
so how long before we send in the cavalry

JonMarker2
2019-07-29, 07:58 AM
Bertie; I think it is about as fast as we can get there.
Robina, do you have any big offensive spells left? Or is it better to find a way and wait?
Oorth; do you still want to negotiate?

finaldooms
2019-07-29, 08:08 AM
" ....I'm sure you are just tired from your trip jon
.I swear I heard you ask if I wanted to negotiate when all I do is bring the muscle around haha..

If all the hobs are focused on that tunnel now then it will be nearly impossible to get inside unless they left the front door unguarded though..that tunnel was not very big from what I recall

Also I just asked for 1 fire bomb! My sword works better most of the time lol"

JonMarker2
2019-07-30, 10:11 AM
Yes, I did ask you to negotiate, take your muscles and move around the battlefield. That type of negotiation.

Elder? That tunnel was the way a lot of people escaped, there was no way that it wouldn't have been unguarded at this time. Is there a way to send personnel around to sweep and distracted, so we can extract? The original force sent out there.

CNFish
2019-07-30, 10:19 AM
Elder? That tunnel was the way a lot of people escaped, there was no way that it wouldn't have been unguarded at this time. Is there a way to send personnel around to sweep and distracted, so we can extract? The original force sent out there.

I believe your referring to the sewers where you escaped from? This is not the sewers, it's a cave network in the side of the mountains.. no one has escaped from there yet. Or are you saying that it's possible the hobgoblins know about the cave network and will have it guarded?

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-30, 12:31 PM
I agree if the hobs overwhelmed the gnome force, they may have the tunnels guarded

What was time of day anyway? I asked a few posts back, didnt see an answer, its gotta be late I think

CNFish
2019-07-30, 09:18 PM
I agree if the hobs overwhelmed the gnome force, they may have the tunnels guarded

What was time of day anyway? I asked a few posts back, didnt see an answer, its gotta be late I think

It's late evening. Not dark. But it's getting there. Though if the party moves at a hastened pace they could make it back to where they left the cart before dark falls.

CNFish
2019-07-31, 12:06 PM
At this point I'm assuming the party is going to start heading for the hobgoblins since no one has said otherwise.

Are the NPCs going to be following you guys? Xivilir and mayor orders?

Other then that the party moves with haste towards the mountain, after a few hours of climbing the party comes across a dead body. Upon further inspection it's a gnome messenger, likely the one the gnome leader was expecting earlier. Hes sustained a large amount of damage and succumbed to his wounds, however there are no signs of battle around.

It's still about a half hour to the fork where the party abandoned the cart on their original trip up the mountain.

wilphe
2019-07-31, 08:39 PM
Alright let's go

As she gets outside Robina begins making plans.

Abigail. Horses ready please. she looks at Xivlir, You ready for one of those or would you prefer a pony?.

She continues.

Four of us will go in, Xivlir, Abigail and three volunteers to take the horses back after we get as close to the entrance as we can.

She gives Xivlir a grin

When you get back try and instill some woodcraft in our recruits please? And we'll need patrols out to see if Abraham or Beatrice have returned.

Be very careful for those archers who got Fiorello. And he, sir, needs to stay out of sight a bit. They tried to kill you once, they can try again.

wilphe
2019-07-31, 08:41 PM
Upon further inspection it's a gnome messenger,

Maybe not a trap but let's assume it is.

Robina dismounts and checks the corpse, ready for any ambush

[roll0] Search +5

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-07-31, 08:46 PM
Spot [roll0] scanning the area while robina examines the corpse

finaldooms
2019-07-31, 09:04 PM
Orth hangs back glancing at x every once in a while trying to used to him being a halfling now

wonder what I would become if I got changed...

JonMarker2
2019-08-01, 06:50 AM
Since the others are already looking for traps and we only bump heads, I will search for the area that would most likely be the site of the ambush.
[roll0] +3

Robina: Which side of the body has bigger wounds? I will work on where the ambush came from based on the entry point of the biggest wound, or at least what is around here. I'll also stay within speaking distance of the party.

Oorth, see if you could find a messenger satchel, or a scroll tube, maybe?

Actions ready: holding on to keen sword. Then dismount only if needed.

If possible I don't wish to dismount at this time.

CNFish
2019-08-02, 07:40 PM
The party notices no traps but the gnome is heavily wounded. Whether or not he got these wounds here at the site can't be told.

However Robina checks him over and finds the message he was carrying. After reading over the gist of it the gnome attack was in danger of failing and half of the forces had already succumbed to injuries. The message was intended to be a plea for more reinforcements

finaldooms
2019-08-03, 06:17 AM
Time for orth to shine!!

I feel like we know where we are going anyways and its probly safe to assume the battle is that way as well..but il give the area a scout around if thatd ok robina ?

If so!!

[roll0] finally my 1 other "social skill"
Anyways looking to see if I can find the way he came from and if anyone else was that way I guess?

.....and I rolled low -.- ( still high enough I'm hoping)

wilphe
2019-08-03, 10:43 AM
Robina looks at Bertie

You have a way to get this message to your leaders quickly?

If not, she turns to two of the militia volunteers and hands them the message

Gnome attack is failing, half the force is wounded, they are in need of reinforcements. You will take this message at all speed back to Drandeldord. Go

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-08-03, 10:51 AM
i don't have an animal Messenger prepared.

wilphe
2019-08-03, 02:33 PM
Then we'll do this the other way. Go. get going.

How far are we from that supposed tunnel entrance?

JonMarker2
2019-08-05, 06:14 AM
Judging from the way the body was just left here and not covered up and the fact that we didn't get jumped right off the bat, this must have been done by a patrol and not by a real ambush. If we push to hard on this path though I think we will encounter a lot of patrols now. That either means we get to punch a lot of stuff or we save one big punch for a big bad, what do you guys think?

I wish to still be scanning the perimeter as this is spoken and at the end of the spiel, lean back to indicate that yes my ears are open to you guys, but my eyes are focused. Hand still ready for sword action.

wilphe
2019-08-05, 04:57 PM
There is no sign of battle here. I think this is where he fell from wounds he had taken earlier

CNFish
2019-08-05, 07:45 PM
Xivilir and a member of the militia decide to take Robina's charge and head back to drandlelord. The party then continues on up the path further. As they round a corner some minutes later they notice two hobgoblins harassing a smaller figure, it seems to be a halfling, her back is up against a wall and the hobgoblins have the drop on her.

Hob:
hmm.. it's been awhile but I could sure use a snack. he says in a rather sinister voice.

Enter Jovi

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-08-05, 08:51 PM
In goblin: I like snacks too, but I think you'll find us hard to swallow.
Stephen, ATTACK!! [roll0] +11 dc15

run up and slash the closest hob w/claw [roll1]+4 [roll2] x2 slashing
Bertie slashes same guy with sickle (ride [roll3] sickle [roll4] +4 [roll5] x2 slashing

Initiative [roll6]

wilphe
2019-08-05, 09:10 PM
Initiative [roll0] +6

samduke
2019-08-05, 09:35 PM
Initiative [roll0]
on jovi's round 1
Action : attack nearest hobgoblin
PH:+1 Rapier [roll1] confirm crit [roll2] damage [roll3] * threat range 18-20 x2
OH:MW. Shortsword [roll4] confirm crit [roll5] damage [roll6]

JonMarker2
2019-08-06, 07:26 AM
Initiative: [roll0] +3

If allowed: I would love to attempt to do a drive by Golfing sword swing. I know I don't have any feats or anything for it, just the skill ride, but I've been itching to try it and it would only make sense to get the skills and stuff after you try them out and / or be trained in them.

Ride: [roll1] +3
Golf sword swing attack: [roll2] +7
Dmg: [roll3] +2

If not, just ride in-between the hobs and the gnome. Attempt to force the hobs into the warm and waiting arms of Oorth in an attempt to flank.

CNFish
2019-08-06, 10:23 PM
R1:
Jovi
Bertie
Jon
Robina
Oorth

Before anyone can react Jovi quickly jabs one of the hobgoblins causing it to fall over.

Bertie misses

Jon's attack lands as he describes on the other hob but it doesn't die yet

finaldooms
2019-08-06, 10:50 PM
Orth charges with his greatsword

[roll0] +13
Damage is
[roll1] and [roll2] fire (x2 on 19-20)

finally something I can beat on again