PDA

View Full Version : Path of Exile II: The Path of Building Testing Grounds

sleepy hedgehog
2019-06-12, 01:41 PM
Our last thread finally finished, so it's time to start a new one.
Path of Exile - Thread 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?515602-Path-of-Exile-3-0-(the-other-Diablo-clone))

I rolled a cold-based, bow using, slayer.
I was trying to make frenzy work, and it kinda did.
But I ended up changing to tornado shot, so I could actually do the league content.

How's your first week of Legion going?

GloatingSwine
2019-06-12, 02:05 PM
I tried to play a melee build that wasn't Spinzerker.

Didn't work. Too clunky and Double Strike is still donkey garbage for no apparent reason.

Playing Spinzerker.

Just rolling around annihilating everything that gets close. Not brilliant for the league content because it's not "press one button and everything for the next three screens dies" (Contagion>ED full clears the legion spawn with one cast, melee patch yay!), but when it can do content at its own pace it's easy life, DPS is high despite me having trash for gear just out of acts.

Drasius
2019-06-16, 06:37 AM
I went full meme-lord and sort of made a not entirely terrible Doryanis Fist Berserker. It's... Passable for yellow maps, but for a grand total of 3c it's actually been a huge success as a starter, not to mention being outrageously fun to be rolling around dealing out 200k hits (not DPS, honest to goodness single strikes). The ~ 2 attacks per second are painful to deal with though, and it's especially bad at the start of a map when you don't have your rage stacks handing out 75% attack speed. Should eventually top out at around 5-600k DPS, but the ultra slow attack speed really does limit what he can do endgame-wise. Almost full screen coverage with each hit though, so he makes a surprisingly decent delver.

I might come back to him later, but I'm going to be a degenerate and rebuild my DI inquisitor when I get back from work next week after shelving my original starter concept of dual wielding impale cyclone champ who looked great on paper, but hasn't really transitioned into good gameplay for reasons that I can't seem to figure out.

ShneekeyTheLost
2019-06-17, 06:21 AM
I've heard rumors of bleeding mechanics improving, tempted to try to make something that will take advantage of that. My first thought was SunderBarian, since Sunder is just generally a good skill, but I've never actually made a SpinZerker before, so that might be more fun, and more amenable to stacking bleeds.

Drasius
2019-06-17, 06:22 PM
I've heard rumors of bleeding mechanics improving, tempted to try to make something that will take advantage of that. My first thought was SunderBarian, since Sunder is just generally a good skill, but I've never actually made a SpinZerker before, so that might be more fun, and more amenable to stacking bleeds.

Bleed is still hot garbage for the most part, though if you do want to do a bleed build, you want big hits, since it doesn't stack normally (unless they changed it and I didn't catch it in the patch notes) and only stacks to 8 with the Crimson Dance keynode (again assuming that this hasn't changed, I don't think it has) . Given that cyclone is lots of small hits very fast, it's probably one of the worst choices for a bleed focused build.

Have a look at Earthquake, IIRC, it's about the biggest phys hit you're going to get and I'm fairly sure Mathil made a pretty solid bleed build out of it and a gladiator late last league that should still function the same.