PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted One

Shadowbane13
2019-06-12, 07:23 PM
So in my campaign, i made a rogue whos background is the haunted one. But instead of having some ghost or whatever haunting me i made it so that at one point in my backstory my guy died but was resurrected but when he was brought back a demon also snuck into his open body, so were considering my guy something like dr jekel and mr hyde. Were setting it that every time im unconscious (asleep, knocked out, black out, etc) i roll a wisdom save and if i fail the demon takes over for a while. It doesnt last long, just until im unconscious again. We are considering making it so if i fail multiple times in a row or it takes over enough that it will actually consume my guy and hell become the demon itself. Which we laughed that it would become the BBEG at that point.

It is chaotic evil but to me that doesnt mean hell just go on a killing rampage. But im not 100% sure exactly what evil things would be appropriate. Like i figure sabotage style stuff but i was hoping you guys could give me some cool ideas as far as some crazy **** to do to break the campaign.

The demon does not really gain any features from taking over. Just has my guys abilities and the like.

Trustypeaches
2019-06-12, 08:07 PM
Honestly the best way to make this work is to ensure that the demon doesn't have a reason to sabotage the party's efforts.