PDA

View Full Version : Evil one shot character ideas?

Pandyman
2019-06-13, 10:03 AM
My group decided to do an evil one shot in the upcoming week, we ended up rolling rather than doing point buy and i got some pretty dope stats. It sounds like the current party is a fighter, bard, and hexblade. Since we're doing the one shot at level 5, it seems like most people are leaning towards martial classes.

My rolled array for this game is 17, 17, 14, 14, 12, 9. I was originally thinking of going a simple sword and board paladin, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that might spark the ol' noodle.

nickl_2000
2019-06-13, 10:21 AM
Fallen Aasimar/Yaun-Ti Vengeance/Conquest/Oathbreaker Paladin seems to fit pretty well.

Death Domain Cleric would also be pretty cool and fitting of an evil campaign. Focus on Chill Touch and Toll the Dead for doubling all cantrips attacks.

Great Dragon
2019-06-13, 10:33 AM
@nickl_2000: very cool.

I was thinking about:
(Variant) Tiefling
Fiend Warlock (Any Pact)

That is out to conquer the "Plane" of thier Fiendish "Parent".

Wildarm
2019-06-13, 10:39 AM
Fallen Aasimar/Yaun-Ti Vengeance/Conquest/Oathbreaker Paladin seems to fit pretty well.

Death Domain Cleric would also be pretty cool and fitting of an evil campaign. Focus on Chill Touch and Toll the Dead for doubling all cantrips attacks.

Death Cleric1/Shadow Sorcerer X could be dark/evil and a lot of fun.

Main Tricks:
- Twin and Empower Metamagic
- Reasonably tough for a caster - Medium armor + Shield gives you a decent AC. Strength of the Grave as a backup to save your bacon.
- Toll the Dead on two adjacent damaged foes then quicken metamagic to hit them again.
- Darkness on yourself(which you can see through) then quicken metamagic to Chill Touch 2 adjacent foes /w advantage on the attacks
- With Darkness on yourself, walk up to two foes and twin Inflict Wounds /w advantage on the attack. Empower the attack if you roll low on a couple of the d10s.

Man_Over_Game
2019-06-13, 10:39 AM
Hexblade Warlock, Shadow Sorcerer, as a flying Tiefling.

Cast the Shadow Sorcerer's Darkness on yourself as you fly around, pelting enemies with Quickened Eldritch Blasts with Advantage to hit, + Proficiency + Charisma + 5ft of knockback on each blast. Like an Avatar of Death.

Life Cleric 1, Divine Soul Sorcerer 3, the rest into Celestial Chain Warlock.

Get Heavy Armor Master and heavy armor from Life Cleric, and pick up Warding Bond from Sorcerer and Twin it. Cast all of your healing on yourself as you absorb damage from your allies as a martyr seeking death. Use the Chain invocation to increase healing on yourself so that you're almost always at full HP.