PDA

View Full Version : Today I had to log in.

halfeye
2019-06-14, 10:01 AM
I don't usually need to do that, it usually means I've deleted your cookies, which I try to avoid doing but occasionally do by mistake, but this time so far as I know there was nothing of the sort.

If it's just me, then fine, it's a random one-off and no big deal, but if it happened to everyone, then that's a change.

Best Wishes,

"halfeye"

JNAProductions
2019-06-14, 10:28 AM
I don't usually need to do that, it usually means I've deleted your cookies, which I try to avoid doing but occasionally do by mistake, but this time so far as I know there was nothing of the sort.

If it's just me, then fine, it's a random one-off and no big deal, but if it happened to everyone, then that's a change.

Best Wishes,

"halfeye"

I have not experienced this issue, so it was probably a one-off thing. And I literally just rebooted my PC, so.

LibraryOgre
2019-06-14, 12:20 PM
I've logged in today from 3 different computers, and haven't experienced it, which inclines me to believe it is not on our end.

halfeye
2019-06-14, 04:30 PM
Okay, thanks. I don't think there's anything systematic at my end, must have been a random glitch?

LibraryOgre
2019-06-14, 04:47 PM
I guess? I'm up to 5 different computers today, and haven't had to log in at any of them.

halfeye
2019-06-14, 08:26 PM
I guess? I'm up to 5 different computers today, and haven't had to log in at any of them.

Happened again, elsewhere, it seems it is Avast (in my case, potentially AVG for others) messing with Firefox. Since I don't knowingly keep passwords in Firefox, it appears to be cookies.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/06/14/1824243/avast-and-avg-are-causing-firefox-users-to-lose-saved-passwords

If they are trashing all cookies, Google are going to be a bit annoyed.