PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Getting access to SNA7+ as a wizard as early as possible

Helluin
2019-06-14, 10:31 AM
Hi all!

I’d like my character to gain access to a few of the Summon Nature’s Ally spells as a Wizard - specifically SNA 7 or above - I’m aware of the usual ways of getting spells off your list like Samsaran and Pathfinder Savant. My real question is: how early can you pull it off? For example, a Samsaran Wizard can get Summon Monster 8 by lvl. 11 off the Summoner’s list, and Pathfinder Savant can do the same at lvl. 12, but is there any class or archetypes that get access to Summon Nature’s Ally at an accelerated rate, much like Summoner? Realistically, I hope this could come online by lvl 13-14 (as a Pathfinder Savant can get SNA7 at lvl 16, but that’s way too late as I’ll likely never reach it).

Failing that, is there any way to get SNA7 or above as an SLA?

I’d like to use SNA7 and Ring of Natural Attunement (Kami) to summon Zuishin, so UMD doesn’t work.

cartejos
2019-06-15, 02:29 PM
Easiest way would probably be using arcane disciple for the animal domain. It has SNA 8, you’d get access to it at 15th level and could use archmage to make it an sla I believe

Selion
2019-06-15, 04:10 PM
Hi all!

I’d like my character to gain access to a few of the Summon Nature’s Ally spells as a Wizard - specifically SNA 7 or above - I’m aware of the usual ways of getting spells off your list like Samsaran and Pathfinder Savant. My real question is: how early can you pull it off? For example, a Samsaran Wizard can get Summon Monster 8 by lvl. 11 off the Summoner’s list, and Pathfinder Savant can do the same at lvl. 12, but is there any class or archetypes that get access to Summon Nature’s Ally at an accelerated rate, much like Summoner? Realistically, I hope this could come online by lvl 13-14 (as a Pathfinder Savant can get SNA7 at lvl 16, but that’s way too late as I’ll likely never reach it).

Failing that, is there any way to get SNA7 or above as an SLA?

I’d like to use SNA7 and Ring of Natural Attunement (Kami) to summon Zuishin, so UMD doesn’t work.

Uhm, preservationist alchemist adds summon nature ally spells to her extracts, but they are not in the basic list, i don't think a samsaran would qualify for them.
I don't even know if a samsaran could get extracts from an alchemist in the first place, i guess you need a high diplomacy check on your DM.

grarrrg
2019-06-15, 05:03 PM
I don't even know if a samsaran could get extracts from an alchemist in the first place, i guess you need a high diplomacy check on your DM.

Extracts generally exist outside of the Arcane/Divine system, and aren't really considered "casting" or "spells" (except when they are...).