PDA

View Full Version : Best Creature to Reanimate

Techcaliber
2019-06-14, 10:38 AM
Hello everyone. Recently, I've been developing a Dread Necromancer (starting at Level 1), which eventually I will multi-class into the Libris Mortum Pale Master. I was wondering what the best creature to reanimate would be. Please take into account:
1. I have Corpsecrafter and plan on getting Destructive Retribution.
2. The strength of the Creature when Undead
3. How easy this creature is to obtain
4. I am limited by HD for the number of creatures I can control.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it if you shared them. Thanks in advance.

DdarkED
2019-06-14, 10:58 AM
dragons. zombie dragons are pretty potent

White dragons especially have low HD, but some others are manageable.

your bound to run into several dragons over your adventuring career in my experience. some common modules have them as mini bosses or bosses or even just encounters

Efrate
2019-06-14, 11:52 AM
Fire giant skeletons are also fine but zombie dragons are great.

TheNerfGuy
2019-06-14, 01:41 PM
I heard Zombie Hydras are pretty dope due to being able to attack more then once per round; one attack per head since they can attack with all of their heads at once.

Go with a 5-headed to start off with, then work your way up as they either get killed or out-"live" their usefulness.

When you get to a high enough level, add Awaken Undead to your spell list since it makes your undead minions stronger while still being able to control them. In this case, it'll give the Hydra Zombies Fast Healing 20, an INT score, and feats, and it'll still be loyal to you.

Eldariel
2019-06-14, 03:01 PM
Hydras are great, Skeleton or Zombie. Dragons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?499642-Best-Dragon-to-Zombie-Dragon) are indeed awesome, and Giants, Outsiders, Magical Beasts and even some Animals are pretty nice. Basically anything with good physical stats and little reliance on special abilities (though remember, attack-enhancing special abilities such as Ettin's Superior Two-Weapon Fighting are retained, which is real nice on a Skeleton shell). But yeah, Zombie Dragons are by far the best since they retain their breath weapon and flight.

StevenC21
2019-06-15, 03:03 AM
Hydras, dragons, and really any medium HD beatstick.

But don't go Pale Master. It sucks.

TheCount
2019-06-15, 03:54 PM
If you go the zombie route, feed/stuff them with blacksand too.

slaymates are nice for metamagic reductions.

i also know there are also two list that list most undeads (not the general zombies/skeletons though), will edit this tomorrow.

thethird
2019-06-16, 06:03 AM
Since you are level 1, war trained magic bred baboons.

denthor
2019-06-16, 10:52 AM
I like zombie ogres. 25 strength. Decent hit points and cheap. Also giant skeletons set them as guards to your alter.