PDA

View Full Version : gloves of self loathing [currsed item]

reorith
2007-10-06, 11:14 PM
gloves of self doubt
these fancy looking gloves are made from some exotic hide(dragon,dark mantle, beholder etc). when worn they cause the wielder to reflect on past mistakes and personal flaws. every one within a 30 foot radius agrees if they fail a dc15 will save. these feelings impose a -2 morale penalty on skill checks and saving throws until the character's death(a character that dies and is raised or resurrected is free of the effects) or until they receive a remove curse spell.

moderate enchantment; cl 6th; craft wondrous item, bestow curse; price 4800 gp.

belt of self loathing
this studded black leather belt, causes the wielder to reflect on negative experiences reminding the wielder why he or she is such a disappointment to her family/clan/guild/crew/company. this negative outlook impedes their ability to function and impose a -2 morale penalty on skill checks and saving throws. the belt wearer is aware of the sudden inability to accomplish stuff. the penalty lasts until the wielder receives a remove curse spell, or until they hang themself with the belt (a dc 17 use rope check)

moderate enchantment; cl 6th; craft wondrous item, bestow curse, suggestion; price 8400 gp.

edit1: that is an awesome idea!
edit2: fixed (caster lvl * spell level * 2000)

JackMage666
2007-10-06, 11:20 PM
This should be a Belt. Emo kids always have belts.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-06, 11:48 PM
These seem reeeeaaaally cheap. I'm not sure how much more they should cost, but this is very inexpensive for something of this price.

Edit: Unless I'm missing something.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-07, 10:16 AM
That Will save to avoid agreeing with the wearer is just mean. "I hate my life." "Really? Me, too." :smallbiggrin:

Kellus
2007-10-07, 04:42 PM
"the penalty lasts until the wielder receives a remove curse spell, or until they hang themself with the belt"

Yet another situation where a Lumi would have a terrible time. Poor guys.

SleepingOrange
2007-10-07, 04:58 PM
How about a Red Necktie of Self-Loathing? It'd be like the belt of self-loathing, except you get a bonus to the Use Rope check.

Finerty
2007-10-07, 04:59 PM
That Will save to avoid agreeing with the wearer is just mean. "I hate my life." "Really? Me, too." :smallbiggrin:

See, I read this to mean:
"I hate my life. I should never have married my wife."
"We hate your life too. You're not good enough for her."

reorith
2007-10-07, 08:58 PM
Yet another situation where a Lumi would have a terrible time. Poor guys.

what is a lumi?

SleepingOrange
2007-10-07, 09:03 PM
They're a lawful neutral creature type. The main idea, I think, is that their heads float over their shoulders, making hanging themselves impossible.

Kellus
2007-10-07, 10:56 PM
Yes, they're from the MMIII, and may be one of my favourite PC races ever. They have the most useless invulnerabilities I've ever seen.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-07, 10:59 PM
See, I read this to mean:
"I hate my life. I should never have married my wife."
"We hate your life too. You're not good enough for her."

The "Me, too" was supposed to mean "I agree: Your life sucks."