PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Sealed Predictions Episode 2, etc.

Pages : [1] 2

AtomicKitKat
2005-10-27, 10:10 PM
Since my first thread is rapidly becoming the same size as one of the monthly ones, we shall have to bid it adieu :'( (mods please lock it before the weekend. :) )

Kindly restrict your predictions to something fairly recent(ie, last 50 strips or so), unless it's an overarching plot-related prediction.

Continuing from the previous (soon to be last) post:

Soon and Shojo's boots are grey and have the same blue color cape. Miko would refer to her master by his formal name, Shojo, while a friend/party member would call him by his casual name, Soon.

Of course, how do we calculate his age if this is true. Maybe a descendent of his really is the most logical course.

I was one of the first to postulate this. As for his age, well, it was 65 years ago. Assuming that he was 50-ish back then, he's now about 120 years old. A very long-lived human, and having been a Monk long ago, he probably attained Timeless Body after the age of 50(maybe even age 70), and so has been stuck at the physical appearance of a 50(90?) year old for the last few decades, even though he's well over centenarian age.

Edit: The old thread was really becoming a monster. Everytime I wanted to post a reply, I would have to scroll 1/3 of the page down because the typing box was there instead of the top, for whatever reason.

Edit 2: Changed the name in keeping with recent announcement.

Nightmarenny
2005-10-28, 12:07 AM
Sealed Predictions ep. 2 Atack of the craxy-ass theorys ;D

Exitor
2005-10-28, 01:59 AM
Remember 65 years is a long time for Humans.
My predictions.

1: Soon is the founder of the Saphire Guard, Lord Shojo and Miko are members, Shojo is the new leader taking over after Soon retired.

2: Girard is Haley's grandfather, Ian's father, this explains the hair color.

3: The next Gate is Soon's/Shojo's because Miko won't stand for any long side quests.

Anspruch
2005-10-28, 06:34 AM
So you think we'll meet first Xykon again and then Linear Guild?

Asmodeus
2005-10-30, 06:36 PM
I think I saw a familiar face.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=196 Shows a picture of Serini Toormuck, a Halfling who knows about Durokon's Gate among other things.

In todays strip, http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=238, there's a halfling at the bar that looks very familiar.

Anyone want to place a bet that its the same halfling?

Thats my prediction.

Jades
2005-10-30, 08:45 PM
Looking through this, I found something that may shed some light on a question plaguing some people. What is Belkar's Animal Companion going to be when he gets one?

I think that there is only one animal that Belkar has ever complimented, or at least had the first thing that comes to mind for him be positive. Look at strip number 58.

Belkar says "Hey, Lemmings are cute." Ideas, anyone?

Omniplex
2005-10-31, 01:15 AM
I think I saw a familiar face.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=196 Shows a picture of Serini Toormuck, a Halfling who knows about Durokon's Gate among other things.

In todays strip, http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=238, there's a halfling at the bar that looks very familiar.

Anyone want to place a bet that its the same halfling?

Thats my prediction.

I'll bet it's not. When they were in the bandit camp there were a bunch of people predicting that a face in the crowd was either roy or his brother. It turns out it was just a genaric angry looking dark skinned bald man. Same goes for that halfling. She's just a face in the crowd

Vaarsuvius_Prime
2005-10-31, 07:03 AM
Could somebody collect valuable predictions in the old thread and post them here, like V gender debate II?
thanks.

Bil123
2005-10-31, 05:35 PM
Soon made the gate later on he founded the Saphire Guard and he let his son/cousin succeced him.

Lilly
2005-10-31, 06:33 PM
Could somebody collect valuable predictions in the old thread and post them here, like V gender debate II?
thanks.

That actually sounds like a good idea. I may just have to do that. That is if nobody else wants to do it first.

Jades
2005-10-31, 06:38 PM
I would, but I have class every day of the week. Sorry, but I can be of no help.

I'm going to predict an intrusive death for the dwarf.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2005-10-31, 08:22 PM
I just realized...the shadowdancer is going to get the horses. In the stables. Where the world's greatest psychotic halfling was last seen.

Looks like Belkar gets to berate someone else about their sucky class choices!

Devoured_Dude
2005-10-31, 10:15 PM
I just realized...the shadowdancer is going to get the horses. In the stables. Where the world's greatest psychotic halfling was last seen.

Looks like Belkar gets to berate someone else about their sucky class choices!

Exactly, and I predict that the shadowdancer and Belkar will have an awesome fight, and just when it looks like Belkar will lose, Windstriker pops in from the celestial realms and saves his Halfling bacon.

I know that Paladins must summon their mount, but Miko is outside right now, she could hear the fight in the stables.

The_GrandMage
2005-10-31, 10:21 PM
Since Belkar has been "talking" to the horse to threaten it, I predict, that in a bizarre twist, his animal familiar will be the animal he hates most, and someone elses mount.

Wouldn't that be a bummer.

Colt
2005-11-01, 02:15 PM
I'm going to predict an intrusive death for the dwarf.

Evard's spiked tentacles of forced intrusion!!! WOOT!

Lasombra
2005-11-02, 08:50 AM
yeah, that spell hasnt been used enough... like the last time we saw the Gender bender belt.

;D

anyone else think the dwarf assasin looks like the dwarf from the Journal? dwafs live a long time, so its a possibility...

Ilover_Juventad
2005-11-02, 09:42 AM
1/3 jest, 2/3 earnest.

1)I believe that the REAL king of Nowhere will appear sometime soon.
2)I predict that the Shadowdancer totally owns Belkar and that Windstriker will /not/ save him, but Atty. Rodriguez will. (snicker!)

-IJ

Omniplex
2005-11-02, 12:49 PM
1)I believe that the REAL king of Nowhere will appear sometime soon.
I think He will, and he'll look just like Roy. Dark-skinned, bald, wearing blue armor, and a crown, but around his head and not his neck.

mcc
2005-11-02, 01:32 PM
1. If the prediction that Roy looks just like the King of Nowhere comes true, I predict the King of Nowhere will show up while Roy is still girl'd, and Roy will appear to be "missing". As a result, he will entirely miss out on either blame for impersonating the king of nowhere, or reward for saving him.

2. Gee, that last barrel of TNT which has not yet been used sure is conspicuous

Omniplex
2005-11-02, 06:28 PM
What if the king of Nowhere comes, and Miko or belcar mistakes him for Roy. That could be funny. especially if he is a jerk to them, and hold it against Roy.

Winged One
2005-11-03, 01:38 AM
Roy has Great Cleave, which has Power Attack and Cleave as prerequisites.

Roy sundered the dwarf's gun, and nobody got an AoO. So he/she probably has Improved Sunder.

Nobody has yet made fun of Roy's Hide modifier, so it's probably okay. So he probably has ranks in it, say, 5?

Sabine is an evil outsider, and Roy's original contact with her was quite peaceful.

Roy has a BAB of greater than +6.

Roy may or may not have a couple of ranks in Knowledge(religion).

It has often been speculated that Xykon's crown is affecting Roy's alignment evilly.

See where I'm going with this?

In conclusion: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Glyphstone
2005-11-03, 06:06 AM
Roy sundered the dwarf's gun, and nobody got an AoO. So he/she probably has Improved Sunder.

(unimportant stuff.....)

No idea where you're going, but can you even take AoO in melee with a ranged weapon?

Ilover_Juventad
2005-11-03, 07:50 AM
Roy has Great Cleave, which has Power Attack and Cleave as prerequisites.

Nobody has yet made fun of Roy's Hide modifier, so it's probably okay. So he probably has ranks in it, say, 5?

Sabine is an evil outsider, and Roy's original contact with her was quite peaceful.

Roy has a BAB of greater than +6.

Roy may or may not have a couple of ranks in Knowledge(religion).

It has often been speculated that Xykon's crown is affecting Roy's alignment evilly.

In conclusion: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, no. No. No. Nooooo!

Roy really is Danko Jones?

-IJ

Kalbereth
2005-11-03, 02:00 PM

You're seriously kidding right? I don't think I'm needing too, but those are the prerequisites of a prestige class by the name of "Blackguard"

Anyone honestly not know what THAT is?

Bogardan_Mage
2005-11-03, 11:13 PM
I think He will, and he'll look just like Roy. Dark-skinned, bald, wearing blue armor, and a crown, but around his head and not his neck.
Actually the person in the hotel (once Roy accidentally claimed rulership of the kingdom of Nowhere) mentioned that she should have recognised him from the crown around his neck, indicating that the king really wears a crown around his neck.

Ilover_Juventad
2005-11-03, 11:20 PM

You're seriously kidding right? I don't think I'm needing too, but those are the prerequisites of a prestige class by the name of "Blackguard"

Anyone honestly not know what THAT is?

Roy? Blackguard.(At first I thought he was a fiend, then I read this post. Urggh!)

How many blackguards have MBAs? (By that I mean Master of Business Administration, and not Masters of Blackguard Artistry.)

;D Otherwise... :o

-IJ

Kish
2005-11-04, 03:14 AM
Roy? Blackguard.(At first I thought he was a fiend, then I read this post. Urggh!)

How many blackguards have MBAs? (By that I mean Master of Business Administration, and not Masters of Blackguard Artistry.)

;D Otherwise... :o

-IJ
Not relevant to Roy anyway. Roy has a Master of Battle Administration.

:P

(Dungeon Crawling Fools.)

TDL
2005-11-04, 06:37 AM
1. If the prediction that Roy looks just like the King of Nowhere comes true, I predict the King of Nowhere will show up while Roy is still girl'd, and Roy will appear to be "missing". As a result, he will entirely miss out on either blame for impersonating the king of nowhere, or reward for saving him.

2. Gee, that last barrel of TNT which has not yet been used sure is conspicuous

Funny running into you here...

Paladine
2005-11-04, 06:49 AM
Predictions
Miko will scold the real King of nowhere (for impersonating a King ) thinking he is Roy ,
Elan will save her from her horrible blunder
as a result Miko will finally be more friendly
Haley will get jealous , Roy too
and we`ll et more Wisdom on romance from V

Ilover_Juventad
2005-11-04, 08:57 AM
Not relevant to Roy anyway. Roy has a Master of Battle Administration.

:P

(Dungeon Crawling Fools.)

Arrghh! So that's why it's like that! D'oh! Forgive my utter foolishness. :-[ (Wish I had the books ;D)But anyways...http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/Ilover_Juventad/Oww.gif

Another prediction:

They'll be "portaled" somehow into the Southern Lands.

-IJ

Lilly
2005-11-04, 01:11 PM
I have evidence of my next wild conjecture! Beware a girl with evidence!

Xykon and Co. are in the Southern Mountains - as stated in #147 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=147).

Miko and the Saphire guard are located in the Southern Lands- as stated in #204 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=204).

They're gonna meet up again pretty damn soon. And that will be the end of book 3.

Jevanyn
2005-11-04, 02:02 PM
My prediction for #242 (or soon thereafter): Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/)

Sylian
2005-11-04, 02:26 PM
I predict that the bomb wont explode and destroy the inn and all who is in it. Atleast I hope so.

I felt sad by all these goblins who died.
If alot of humans die, I'll feel even more sad.

Bil123
2005-11-04, 04:39 PM
I think that the explosives will be a dud amd no one will die.

RandomNPC
2005-11-04, 09:39 PM
how about the bomb being tossed down a hill or off a clif? but they are on a flat featureless plain, in the middle of nowhere, i mean somewhere.

so maybe they create water above the fuse, or pull it out just a moment before it goes off or something.

how about a wall of force between the bomb and the inn? can V cast that?

my bet is someone with high hitpoints hugs it, sheltering the inn, or something vauge happens to the fuse.

mcc
2005-11-05, 09:21 PM
Funny running into you here...
It's you !!!

My prediction for #242 (or soon thereafter): Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/)

Might be a little hard to run in that makeshift skirt, but otherwise...

Jothki
2005-11-06, 02:46 AM
It's you !!!

Group hug?

Your non-rotating avatar disappoints me.

ziratha
2005-11-06, 02:04 PM
Enter the portable hole!

Winged One
2005-11-07, 01:33 AM
I predict that Miko will think that the shadowdancer is a ninja.

Jothki
2005-11-07, 02:23 AM
I predict that Miko will think that the shadowdancer is a ninja.

RL samurai loathed ninja. They pretty much go against everything that a Samurai stands for.

Amalthea
2005-11-07, 05:26 PM
I don't quite like this prediction but....

I predict that Roy gets killed by the blast, (thus fixing the Belt of Masculinity Femininity) and the next side quest is having him ressurrected.

Winged One
2005-11-07, 06:51 PM
RL samurai loathed ninja. They pretty much go against everything that a Samurai stands for.
I never said that she would like the shadowdancer, now did I?

Bogardan_Mage
2005-11-07, 09:33 PM
I predict that Roy will find out Miko is inside the Hotel and run in declaring his undying love for her, only to find that she's perfectly safe and that he now has to explain not only why he's just declared his undying love for her but why he has changed gender.

DarkMonkey
2005-11-07, 11:04 PM
Just realized something. The OotS Univarse doesn't have shadows, except from entire burning buildings and such. The Shadowdancer used Shadowjump, enabling him to move to another shadow. Where are the only othe shadows we've seen in the comic? ;D That's right, I predict the Shadowdancer and Dwarf will run into Xykon, Redcloak, and the Beast in the Shadows.

Jothki
2005-11-07, 11:21 PM
I never said that she would like the shadowdancer, now did I?

Just predicting her reaction, there.

Demosthenes
2005-11-07, 11:47 PM
Just realized something. The OotS Univarse doesn't have shadows, except from entire burning buildings and such. The Shadowdancer used Shadowjump, enabling him to move to another shadow. Where are the only othe shadows we've seen in the comic? ;D That's right, I predict the Shadowdancer and Dwarf will run into Xykon, Redcloak, and the Beast in the Shadows.

Curses! You've allready beat me too saying that, well dang, i forgot about the shadow beast...

Grey Watcher
2005-11-08, 11:08 AM
Well, here's what I think are possible outcomes of Miko, Vaarsuvius, and Haley being the only people left in the hotel when the bomb went off.

1: Haley and V are rescued by Miko, resulting in both of them finding new respect for the woman (or, at least, not whining so much).

2: V will rescue Miko, resulting in her finding new respect for the Elf. She might even bother to learn V's name.

3: Roy will rescue Miko, perhaps causing Miko to realize how Roy feels (whether Roy's new gender will make Miko more or less attracted to him is an open question).

Either way, I imagine this will be a significant episode for Miko and her relationship to the Order of the Stick.

Nerd-o-rama
2005-11-08, 03:57 PM
I was really hoping for a "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" strip, especially with the Miko = Batman theory running around. Ah well.

I have predictions based on On the Origin of PCs. Those who have not received it yet, avert your eyes, for here thar be spoilers:

Hayley's Story: Crystal the Assassin shows up at an inopportune time. While I doubt she's been tracking Hayley this whole time, once she gets underway for her sidequest, they're likely to run into each other again.

Durkon's Story: One of the Gates is in Durkon's dwarven homelands, and bad things are gonna go down when he has to return there, things he's not likely to understand.

Roy's Story: perhaps a return of the band of nameless adventurers he and Durkon were working with? Yeah, not likely.

V's Story: Bwahahahaha Iron Mage. God that was hilarious.

Ilaun_Undil
2005-11-08, 04:41 PM
As far as Roy goes, Xylon wasn't really distroyed. I have been expecting his father to show up on of these days.
As or Miko's Horse... Only Belkar knows.
What ever happen to the Lawyer? guess Roy let him die in the explosion.

Lightman
2005-11-08, 07:53 PM
Yes! In the old thread, I predicted Belkar would hit on Roy! I was right!

Bil123
2005-11-09, 06:47 PM
I was thinking that the Giant would change to Redcape and Xeyon's story just to leave us hanging, but at least he's l;etting us see this stuff, On another note that the Shadow Jump looked so sweet. On another other note I predict that Haley and V get out, Miko rescues some people, and Belkar gets totaly sicked out learning that was Roy he hit on, and elan and Durkon will sit around waiting

Jades
2005-11-09, 10:03 PM
Nah, Elan's going to rush in to save Haley... or Miko. He knows that Roy likes her (and I mean really likes her) and would be willing to risk himself for his friend's romantic interest.

Grey Watcher
2005-11-10, 01:44 PM
I think that Xykon and the Order of the Stick are going to be reintroduced to each other at the Azure City.

Think about it:

Miko is taking them there to answer for destroying the Dungeon of Dorukan. Judging by the oriental flavor, matching outfits, and such, we can assume that Miko's Master is either Soon himself or perhaps Soon's lieutenant or successor. As a result, it makes sense that one of the Gates is in or near the Azure City. And one of the gates is exactly what Xykon is interested in. And it's already been pointed out that Xykon headed south after being routed before.

Now, I will go further than simple logic and proclaim that Xykon will already have the Azure City under seige, possibly already captured. Miko, attempting to save her homeland, will either die a heroic death or be captured by Xykon, giving Roy his next major story arc.

Culwch
2005-11-13, 06:38 AM
Also, what of the belt of gender changing? If I recall correctly, a curse cannot be removed by any caster of caster level lower than the creator of the belt at the time of making it. Let's suppose the belt was one of the kinky inventions of a rather chaotic 30 lvl sorceror...

We've already had a quest for starmetal, would Roy go on a quest for the lost trouser titan? :P

ImperiousLeader
2005-11-14, 05:39 PM
Depending on how dramatic Rich intends to get, I suspect Haley may quit the OotS. That loss in treasure probably really hurt her funds, now I suspect she'll leave to try and break her father out the old-fashioned way.

WeaponMasterLDO
2005-11-14, 10:12 PM
Depending on how dramatic Rich intends to get, I suspect Haley may quit the OotS. That loss in treasure probably really hurt her funds, now I suspect she'll leave to try and break her father out the old-fashioned way.

I think that after Haley gets over the shock the mysterious lord will show up demanding the 200 000 ( I think it is) gp and yeah they will have to sneak in and break him out.

Lilly
2005-11-14, 10:17 PM
I think that this may well make her break down and tell everyone. Because with six level 12 adventureers you can get 200k gold faster than with one, even if that one is excessivly greedy.

Ragnarok
2005-11-14, 10:32 PM
I don't see Belkar giving up his gold. Durkon might, but probably not, considering that Hayley's father was arrested for an actual crime. Roy might, but he and her are not on the best of terms at the moment. Both V and Elan will give up their shares, most likely, but that won't total 200,000 GP. You're right, however, I do think that she'll spill the beans about her father.
And given the last panel of the first part of Hayley's backstory (Origin of PC's) they may be able to guilt her into paying them back.

Kish
2005-11-14, 10:59 PM
Durkon might, but probably not, considering that Hayley's father was arrested for an actual crime.
He was arrested for unspecified "crimes against the government" of someone named Lord Tyrinar the Bloody. I think it's severely overdignifying that to say as a given that he was arrested for an actual crime.

nirha
2005-11-15, 11:43 AM
There's always the chance Haley will be so shocked she might actually tell the truth.

Which would lead to an interesting dilemma with Miiko, as she would be the one person who would this this Lord Tyrinar the Bloody the lawful authority of whichever. A side quest?

Grey Watcher
2005-11-15, 12:53 PM
It seems likely that, with this latest setback, Haley will indeed break down and let her compatriots know of her need. (I haven't read Origins yet, so I can't speak to evidence there.) The only character I can see taking issue with jaunting off to Tyrinaria would be Miko. For starters, she's already under orders to bring these people back, and, since she leans towards the lawful side of her nature, she might demand a lot more information before she'd be willing to go up against an authority figure (I'm sure she could be convinced that Tyrinar is an unjust and Evil tyrant, but she's the least likely to assume that is the case). Still, since she has Roy's and Durkon's word, and she HAS managed to get their cooperation thus far, she might be convinced to delay bringing the Order of the Stick to account for their crimes in Order to right another injustice and take out an evil-doer.

nirha
2005-11-16, 04:54 AM
I predict Lord Tyrinar the Bloody is not an evil tyrant. I mean, the name just shouts "I AM EEEVIL!" so why should he be?

a) Name: Who amongst us decided his name? I mean, nowadays you can have your name changed but back then I don't think that is so simple. Maybe he has fought a lot of wars and could be a great slayer of orcs or something nasty. Or maybe he jsut bleeds all too easy, like the english royalty.

b) crimes against government: Maybe he stole from the sheriff, and did not give to the poor. Why does everybody expect a thief to be innocent of wrongdoings?

c) the chancellor might be the nasty one.

thespyder
2005-11-16, 06:49 AM
predicting that royanna will be stuck in female form until they meet miko's master, who will of course remove the curse.
But, not until after they battle xyklon again.
and xyklon will still have no clue who roy is.

i think haley will either run off and leave the party for awhile or she'll break down and tell her story. if she tells her story royanna's motherly nature will take over and he'll lead the party in saving her father, miko will of course hate this whole concept but royanna will actually stand up to her and she'll have to go along with it.

Solara
2005-11-16, 11:07 AM
I agree, she'll probably abscond with the remaining gold, because otherwise she'll have to split it with them.

The party will track her down, Miko of course assuming the worst, ("Criminal.") and when Haley is caught she'll finally tell them about her father. Whether or not Miko changes her tune after this is still up in the air, but I'm sure Roy will be understanding.

Hopefully he'll get changed back to a guy before all this though. It's hilarious for a few comics, but for an entire storyline would get old.

Praetorian
2005-11-16, 11:16 AM
I personally think that Lord Tyrinar is Nale and Elan's father. I think that during the quest to free Haley's father (whether it comes before they are taken to Shojo or after), Miko will discover Nale recruiting adventurers in his father's empire and the puzzle pieces will fall into place. It may take Miko a few strips to figure out exactly what she has discovered, but I feel a happy ending coming for Haley and Mr. Starshine.

The Glyphstone
2005-11-16, 04:08 PM
Just throwing this out there, on the off chance I'm actually right...

Lord Shojo and Tyrinar are the same person. ;D

Not at all likely, but it'd be hilarious.

Ilaun_Undil
2005-11-16, 10:13 PM
Belkar will have a change of heart, while V brings the entire world to an end with her I mena his almightly powers.

By the end one of them will die. heh he he maniacle laughter.

Grey Watcher
2005-11-16, 10:47 PM
b) crimes against government: Maybe he stole from the sheriff, and did not give to the poor. Why does everybody expect a thief to be innocent of wrongdoings?

That's entirely possible, although the assumption as been that Haley's father was, back in the good ole days of first edition, much like Haley herself is now, the locks and traps expert in a predominantly Good group of adventurers, who, perhaps, has a somewhat unhealthy relationship with wealth.

Slibs
2005-11-17, 08:38 AM
Unless, of course, the letter Haley has is a forgery. Is there actually a Tyrinnar? Origins casts some doubt on it.

Kish
2005-11-17, 03:02 PM
How? *has the book and can't think of anything about it which casts doubt on the authenticity of Haley's letter*

Chaos
2005-11-17, 03:20 PM
I like the idea of Tyrinar being Elanīs and Naleīs father. ;D

I can see three developments for the "broken Haley" situation:

1. she starts crying against Elanīs shoulder once she comes out of her shock
2. she breaks down and laments "but I needed that gold to save my father" - with all the consequences thereof already discussed
3. she goes berserk and takes off / tries to take off after the assassins (similar to Royīs "you broke my sword" rage). After all, Hell hath no fury as a stick figure scorned... ;D

Rawhide
2005-11-18, 01:21 AM
Whats the bet Haley will break down and reveal the real reason she was after the gold to the rest of the party now that its all gone? (Like Zobo said, though I thought of it before coming to the thread! Zobo still thought of it before me though.)

Slibs
2005-11-18, 07:36 AM
Kish, No one has ever heard of that ruler or country before because they're "always changing" there. And the letter showed up as Crystal was trying to find someway of removing Haley to become top thief in the Guild.

and I wonder if the letter might be from Daddy himself to see how good a thief his little Starshine really is.

Solara
2005-11-18, 08:26 PM
Whats the bet Haley will break down and reveal the real reason she was after the gold to the rest of the party now that its all gone? (Like Zobo said, though I thought of it before coming to the thread! Zobo still thought of it before me though.)

What's the bet Haley will break down and try to reveal the real reason she was after the gold to the rest of the party now she can't speak? :D

Dorni
2005-11-21, 08:12 AM
What's the bet Haley will break down and try to reveal the real reason she was after the gold to the rest of the party now she can't speak? :D

If your looking for a funny/event, what better place than for her to suddenly return to speaking common than during a rant about her dad or an Elan confession?

Marller
2005-11-21, 04:07 PM
predicting that royanna will be stuck in female form until they meet miko's master, who will of course remove the curse.
But, not until after they battle xyklon again.
and xyklon will still have no clue who roy is.
Well, Rich can keep the belts effect as long/short as he wants in an easy way, if the Remove Curse spell lets him remove the belt but not the gender change. Equiping the belt a second time changes Roy back to his old gender (the belt just changes the gender, the curse is that you can't take it off).
This way the gender change can be removed from the comic as as it get old.
Or does every partymember get an ailment of his choice before they get back to their main quest?

thespyder
2005-11-21, 08:24 PM
it certainly seems that way. so far belkar had his issue with miko and windstriker. roy is now a woman, haley can only speak gibberish. yea, it really seems like they are making issues for all the characters.

Praetorian
2005-11-21, 09:07 PM
I like the idea of Tyrinar being Elanīs and Naleīs father. ;D

I don't have a clue where Rich is going with Haley, but I do have evidence for Lord Tyrinar being Nale and Elan's father (why I didn't post this before, I have no idea).

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=50

Note the helmet design (possibly a coincidence) and the banner (not quite as likely to be a coincidence).

Chaos
2005-11-22, 11:52 AM
it certainly seems that way. so far belkar had his issue with miko and windstriker. roy is now a woman, haley can only speak gibberish. yea, it really seems like they are making issues for all the characters.

Elan has caught on that thereīs something Haley doesnīt want him to know - maybe he even realized itīs something about himself. (note his remark: "Iīm so confused")

@Praetorian:
Interesting... I never noticed...

DarkMonkey
2005-11-24, 03:22 AM
Prediction for the Belt of M/F:
It will wind up on Haley. We won't expect it, and there's plenty of spots for Elan/Hal(ey) humor. Not to mention her name can be easily um, mannitized? no... boyified? Eh, whatever.

Rawhide
2005-11-25, 03:15 AM
masculinise/masculinize

Grey Watcher
2005-11-28, 02:28 AM
I think Miko's going to cry. Nothing would take the wind out of the League of Miko Haters sails better than seeing the woman break down and cry.

thespyder
2005-11-28, 05:09 AM
i thought it was kindof odd how rich revealed everything so quickly, like as far as we knew, miko had no clue that roy was interested, now it's like she always knew.
predictions-
totally agreed that tyrinar or whatever his name was is nale and elan's father (talk about uncreative names, could they not afford more than 4 letters?)

eventually Elan will put on the belt, and thats when he'll realize that haley likes him.

oh, and belkar will actually be serious when he tries hitting on elan/ellen.

durkon will be consoling miko in the next issue, and the rest of the party will be celebrating roy.

eventually miko will try hitting on roy, and roy will borrow belkar's lawyer to represent him in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Marller
2005-11-28, 09:08 AM
In the next comic Miko will break down and the innkeeper will walk up to Roy and apologise to the king for the inn being blown up and the resulting bad service.... ;D

Ilover_Juventad
2005-11-28, 09:41 AM
Continuing from the last thread:

...and the King of Somewhere is actually a level 20 Chaotic Evil sorceror who just decides to flick this fly away with a Phantasmal Killer!

Reaver225
2005-11-28, 03:19 PM
I think Miko's going to cry. Nothing would take the wind out of the League of Miko Haters sails better than seeing the woman break down and cry.
Hi! First post and all, I think we're going to get another strip like the end of 84 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=84) with Miko ordering the rest of the party offscreen then crying...

mec
2005-11-29, 01:42 AM
I predict we're not going to see the belt again for a while. The Giant is amazing at coming up with new things that take attention off the old things. First there was the belt, then the inn blowing up, then Haley speaking in cypher, then Roy levelling with Miko ... one surprise after another.

This is a very long shot, but I'm thinking about the rocks. The five ordinary valueless grey rocks from Xykon's throne room. Everybody but Miko and Haley has one.

In the near term, maybe Miko is going to have some private heart-to-heart conversations with a few people ("am I really an overbearing self-righteous bitch?"):

Belkar would try tol play with her but I hope she out-smarts him.

Durkon would give it to her straight, but with more empathy than Roy did.

Vaarsuvius would totally diss her with an escalation of ludicrous threats.

Elan would confuse her with an escalation of just plain ludicrous. Except he would say one insightful thing. For true artistry, different readers will think different panels are the one insightful thing.

And Haley and Miko would have a monologue with Miko totally misunderstanding Haley's reactions, with both comic and pathetic overtones.

Just my imagination at work.

thespyder
2005-11-30, 02:59 AM
ok, not very important, but i just did a google search on the name "shojo" and apparently it's the name of a female manga character. was rich borrowing a theme or maybe it's the daugher of "soon" (#196).

Liquid
2005-11-30, 03:54 AM
#251 is a really good story arc ender. I suspect LInear Guild or Xykon strips now. Or maybe ven some new characters.
That would be a nice change.

mec
2005-11-30, 05:54 AM
The Giant is amazing at coming up with new things that take attention off the old things.

Out of a long post, I think I got just one thing right! :o

Now I'm wondering if Elan has a surprise in store. He's surprisingly competent at unlikely moments.

Vaarsuvius_Prime
2005-11-30, 10:40 AM
Imagining... ;D

Miko is dragging OOTSers with chain.
Xykon appears with Legion 1st.
Xykon: Catch them all, minions!
Miko and Durkon defend.
Roy: Who can break the chain! I must help her, though I don't like it.
Belkar: Crap, you needn't, railroad plot is invincible.
Xykon wins, Miko and Durkon also chained.
Belkar: Well, I think there is a turning point of plot.

Erathia
2005-11-30, 01:08 PM
The more I think about it the more I like that theory. It's safe to assume that Lord Shojo is guarding his own gate, so given that Xykon must spend an indeterminite amount of time to decode the location of the next gate, any DM would take that as an excuse to have him encounter the next party when they finally get back to the main plot.

Nasrudith
2005-11-30, 06:52 PM
When Belkar wakes up kinky will be used again.

Nerd-o-rama
2005-11-30, 07:43 PM
Out of a long post, I think I got just one thing right! :o

Now I'm wondering if Elan has a surprise in store. He's surprisingly competent at unlikely moments.

He does seem to have some decent ranks in Escape Artist, but I'm hoping that they'll just get where they're going already. I'm getting a bit tired of the sidequests, as they've just finished their, let's see...third one in a row, fourth if you count getting captured by Miko seperately from the Quest for Starmetal, Dirt Farmers, and Mistaken Identity plots.

Grey Watcher
2005-12-01, 02:45 AM
I hereby submit a thought on the new membership of the Linear Guild.

I, for one, would be highly amused if it included a Blackguard who acted EXACTLY like Miko, since Miko barely acknowledges the Good side of her alignment anyway.

Bogardan_Mage
2005-12-01, 05:54 AM
At present, I don't think a lot can happen with the Order. They missed their random encounter, they had two side quests, and now they're in chains. Either the next strip will be them reaching Shojo's kindgom or the plot will move away from them (either to Xykon or to the Linear guild).

If it's the latter, I expect to see an earlier prediction made by someone else on this thread about the shadowdancer and the dwarf comming out near the shadow beast and collaborating with Xykon.

LE4dGOLEM
2005-12-01, 03:28 PM
hoaky, heres my 2cp

he next few strips are going to be xykon and/or linear guild orientated, with the blackguard theory being right, as well as a strip or two on xykon, advancing his plotline slightly -- as well as redcloak having some kind of evilgasm over his other few (:P) legions, then we see the order finally being dragged along, with a conversation putting belkar against miko slightly for a strip or so, then more dragging for half a strip or so, with mumblings for humourous effects, then belkar wakes up first, and wakes up the rest.

*phew* that's my thinking for the week

Nightmarenny
2005-12-01, 10:17 PM
New theory.

Ok I was reading through the archives of one of my other fav. comics. It was called "Its Walky"(and I highly recommend it). In it the main charecter is sorta like Elan in the begining however later you find out that it was more or less an act. He disided that it would be easier and would make him happier if he forced himself to think and act like an kid. that way he didn't have to see or worry about the bad part of the world.

Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

Draedan
2005-12-02, 12:28 AM
I hereby submit a thought on the new membership of the Linear Guild.

I, for one, would be highly amused if it included a Blackguard who acted EXACTLY like Miko, since Miko barely acknowledges the Good side of her alignment anyway.
That would be pretty funny. He does completely evil things, but is polite and considerate...

Im thinking something along the lines of the agent from Serenity (dont remember his name...the black guy).

Edit: Oh yeah, he dosent HAVE a name. Heh.

Nightmarenny
2005-12-02, 12:40 AM
The guy who made people fall on his sword? I loved that guy. ;D

mec
2005-12-02, 09:53 PM
That would be pretty funny. He does completely evil things, but is polite and considerate...

Actually, that sounds like Redcloak!

Ilover_Juventad
2005-12-02, 11:03 PM
*looks at his evil characters* Uh...like these? :D

I do think that Xykon will meet up with either the OotS+ Miko or the Linear Guild. The latter less expected.

Grey Watcher
2005-12-02, 11:05 PM

Im thinking something along the lines of the agent from Serenity (dont remember his name...the black guy).

Edit: Oh yeah, he dosent HAVE a name. Heh.

Actually, I was thinking that s/he'd behave exactly like Miko, not exactly the opposite. You know, like, if you didn't know any better, you'd swear s/he was Lawful Neutral, rather than Lawful Evil.

The Vorpal Tribble
2005-12-02, 11:49 PM
Ok, here is what I think would be the perfect anti-V... a psion. Manipulating the great, unimaginably powerful and enigmatic forces of... the inner self. An evil psion, preferably a telepath.

They certainly wouldn't be found in the Academy, and so would not be a mere apprentice.

Magic vs. Psionics has been going on ever since the XPH came out. I think it'd be just the right fit ;D

Doshi
2005-12-03, 12:40 AM
If Miko and the Order do meet the Linear Guild, it will at least prove to Miko that the Order was telling the truth when they claimed that they had a group of "evil twins", who were responsible for most of the bad things Miko had heard about them. That would help to improve Miko's opinion of the Order, and might make her more willing to release the Order from their chains, so that they could help her fight whatever evil scheme the Linear Guild is involved in.
If the Linear Guild does get an anti-Miko, I think that would essentially prove that Miko really has become a member of the Order of the Stick. It might be very funny if Nale is forced to hire the anti-Miko against his will. Perhaps the anti-V wizard he gets insists that he will only join if Nale also hires his blackguard sister or girlfriend. I could imagine Nale getting very angry about this, and complaining bitterly about how it wrecks the symmetrical Evil Opposites theme he's trying so hard to maintain, until he finds out about Miko.
Regarding what sort of anti-Miko Nale might get, despite what the Miko haters might like, I can't see Nale being willing to hire a Blackguard who seems to follow the tenets of Good. But it's possible that Nale just might get Miko's identical twin sister. According to Miko, her parents died when she was very young. What if they were killed by bandits, who carried off a member of Miko's family? Perhaps her sister was raised by the evil bandits and eventually became a Blackguard?

clik
2005-12-03, 01:16 AM
The anti-V: Roy's younger sister

It would be a great way to start bringing her into the plot.

Nightmarenny
2005-12-03, 01:29 AM
Yes ofcourse thats perfect how could we have forget.....oh I remember. He doesn't HAVE a sister. Do you mean his brother? ;D

Lothorus
2005-12-03, 01:32 AM
I'm afraid Kilk there is correct, Roy does have a sister, and she is referred as their father's Favorite since she takes after him. At least I think she's a she. Heaven help you if you try and name your son "Julia". Lemme find my copy of "The Origin of PCs", where I think the younger sibling is referred to as such. Perhaps there are more siblings than we think, and that is why Nightmarenny, Klik, and I are a bit confused about the whole deal.

Nightmarenny
2005-12-03, 01:50 AM
I'm afraid Kilk there is correct, Roy does have a sister, and she is referred as their father's Favorite since she takes after him. At least I think she's a she. Heaven help you if you try and name your son "Julia". Lemme find my copy of "The Origin of PCs", where I think the younger sibling is referred to as such. Perhaps there are more siblings than we think, and that is why Nightmarenny, Klik, and I are a bit confused about the whole deal.
Ah Origin of PCs......

......My old nemisis.

Erathia
2005-12-03, 01:52 AM
She's not just a younger sister, but you can work out her age as, approximately, 16 at this point (She was 9 years old 7 years before the Order was formed), so she would be the ideal "Young Apprentice" to counter V.

Kish
2005-12-03, 01:58 AM
Even before On the Origin of PCs came out, there was no reason to presume the baby in that flashback was a boy.

Erathia
2005-12-03, 02:00 AM
Even before On the Origin of PCs came out, there was no reason to presume the baby in that flashback was a boy.

True, but I did anyways. Call it misogyny ;)

Jothki
2005-12-03, 03:54 AM
New theory.

Ok I was reading through the archives of one of my other fav. comics. It was called "Its Walky"(and I highly recommend it). In it the main charecter is sorta like Elan in the begining however later you find out that it was more or less an act. He disided that it would be easier and would make him happier if he forced himself to think and act like an kid. that way he didn't have to see or worry about the bad part of the world.

Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

Heh, reminds me of an episode of Just Shoot Me.

mec
2005-12-03, 06:09 AM
How about some mistaken identity?

Heck, I can envision a whole story line! See if this amuses anyone:

Miko takes her OOTS prisoners to the large city where LG is based. On their first night in the city, the OOTSers escape!

It's a dark cloudy night and visibility is poor. The OOTSers are scrambling to get away. They rush pell-mell through some intersection. A few minutes later, the LG comes through in the other direction. Next, Miko shows up, tracking the OOTSers ... and tracks the wrong party out of the intersection.

Miko catches up with LG and thinks they are OOTS with some strange disguises. LG does not recognize Miko at all and wonders why this strange paladin is raving at them. Thog in particular is confused by some comments of a surprisingly personal nature from the strange paladin.

Miko pauses for Detect Evil and the whole panel lights up in red. That's it! BIG FIGHT!!

Miko gets beat down bad: my AD&D knowledge is quite rusty, so help me out here. I envision: Thog has Miko's arms pinned; Nale has a rapier in her face, and Sabine is about to drain her life.

Nale says: "any last words?" as Sabine reaches out her evil glowy hands ...

"LCDH AGG LRNDQ!"

.. comes a voice from off-panel together with a volley of silver and cold iron arrows.

Somebody sings "Save, save, save, save the dorky paladin!" Next thing Miko knows, Roy and Thog are going at it hammer and tongs right in front of her.

Miko's mind is blown. :) She faints. Pull back to reveal that V actually knocked Miko unconscious with some spell -- ve is still looking for payback.

The LG flees. The OOTS'ers talk about what to do with the unconscious Miko. Haley and V want to take her prisoner. Belkar says "no, we should turn the other cheek and let bygones be bygones. Let us be neither prisoners or jailers. Instead, let us extend the true hand of friendship to Miss Miyazaki and associate with her as an equal."

Pause. Miko groans. Belkar grins and extends a hand to help her up from the ground. Miko extends her hand to be helped up, too groggy to realize it's Belkar.

End.

===

There are some holes in that: where is OOTS going to pick up weapons between the time they escape and the time they show up to save Miko; and my pro-Miko stance might not be the direction the comic is going; and I didn't get all the characters in (especially Windstriker). And I dunno if it amuses anybody but myself.

But hey, a guy can dream!

U2QueenBee
2005-12-03, 07:28 AM
Maybe the Anti-V will turn out to be V's mystery (and equally androgynous) spouse?

Marller
2005-12-03, 08:43 AM
I predict the Linear Guild picks up some young annoying wizard genius (the kind who points out every flaw in a plan but never contributes anything).

LE4dGOLEM
2005-12-03, 09:06 AM
Maybe the Anti-V will turn out to be V's mystery (and equally androgynous) spouse?

PERFECT!

Electric_Monkey
2005-12-03, 09:28 AM

A character who's only been seen before as a gender-ambiguous baby? If it hadn't been for origin of the PCs, she could have gone for the androgynous look to be V's counterpart - but I like the V's spouse idea - could be a lecturer at the Magic school who's out for revenge after V left hir - and of coursewould go to extra-ordinary lengths to avoid using gender-specific terms to refer to V.

Leveller
2005-12-03, 01:05 PM
I predict (well some guys have done so before me) that the replacement for the dark elf mage will be either

a. Roys sister
or
b. Vs "mate"

Either would be so cool ;D

Dagaz
2005-12-03, 09:46 PM
I agree with a lot of predictions in this thread. What I believe is: the shadowdancer and the dwarve will get out in the monster's shadow and meet Xykon. Also, the party shall encounter him soon after/before meeting Shojo. And I'm not sure if Soon's gate will be involved, but it is a good guess. i think that maybe the Linear Guild will hire Roy's sister, but I don't think they are going to meet the Oots soon. I also believe that that Tyrannar guy is Nale and Elan's father. Maybe they will meet the Linear Guild when Haley opens up and talk about the letter, or someone find the letter, and they go to that kingdom...

By the way, first post ;D
And sorry about english mistakes, I'm brazilian...

Vaarsuvius_Prime
2005-12-03, 10:36 PM
Maybe new one is V's child ;D

evileeyore
2005-12-04, 09:01 PM
The anti-V: Roy's younger sister

It would be a great way to start bringing her into the plot.

*Ding-Ding-Ding* I think we have a winner. Or at least I theory i totally support.:D

Ah Origin of PCs......

......My old nemisis.For some reason that is even funnier when said right next to your avatar. I dunno, it amused the hell out of me.

The Vorpal Tribble
2005-12-04, 11:22 PM
What I believe is: the shadowdancer and the dwarve will get out in the monster's shadow and meet Xykon.
Heeeey... thats some good thinking. Its the only shadow basically in the world... except couldn't any darkness be a shadow he could appear in? Might even be in the Inn's basement now ;)

Lilly
2005-12-05, 02:15 PM
I predict that the Order of the Stick and Miko will get to Azure city in strip #280, and not before and not after.

Omniplex
2005-12-05, 03:00 PM
My prediction is that everything in the azure city will be blue, and the whole place will be a parody of the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz. Maybe lord Shojo will be something like the wizard too. That would be funny.

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2005-12-06, 01:58 AM
Someone who can, put a spoiler tag on this thread. So says the mighty Giant. Or ELSE.

The_Shadow
2005-12-06, 02:45 AM
I predict that the Order of the Stick and Miko will get to Azure city in strip #280, and not before and not after.

Beat me to it! I've kept meaning to post that prediction, and kept forgetting. Kudos.

deathregis
2005-12-06, 04:39 AM
I don't think anyone has said this, but I haven't slogged through the whole thread. I do know someone in the #252 thread mentioned that both Lord Shojo(http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=147) and Xykon (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=204) are to the south. Shojo is obviously related somehow to Soon, and his base in Azure City is probably the location of Soon's gate. Thus the prediction: that Xykon wil turn his massive hobgoblin horde against Shojo's stronghold and the samurai and hobgoblins will kill each other. The OotS will break free in the chaos, and then... we'll see.

Grey Watcher
2005-12-06, 12:31 PM
I don't think anyone has said this, but I haven't slogged through the whole thread. I do know someone in the #252 thread mentioned that both Lord Shojo(http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=147) and Xykon (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=204) are to the south. Shojo is obviously related somehow to Soon, and his base in Azure City is probably the location of Soon's gate. Thus the prediction: that Xykon wil turn his massive hobgoblin horde against Shojo's stronghold and the samurai and hobgoblins will kill each other. The OotS will break free in the chaos, and then... we'll see.

I think I said the same thing, but really, how do we know that Lord Shojo is related to Soon? I mean, what've we got, what, matching footwear? Capes that looks sort of similar? A vaguely asian feeling in the only drawing we have of Soon? Now, granted, this thread is for prediictions, regardless of how well or poorly founded, but still, it seems like we're getting to the point where it's a certainty that Lord Shojo=Soon's descendant/heir/lieutenant/whatever, and that just might not be the case. The Sapphire Guard might be like the Harpers in the Forgotten Realms. They might just like to meddle in things they really have no buisness meddling in. :P

shnu
2005-12-06, 12:43 PM
Both the Azure city and Xykon's castle are in the south. What are the chances that Miko/oots route to the Azure city will run into Xykon's lair?

TheFallenOne
2005-12-06, 01:39 PM
I predict (well some guys have done so before me) that the replacement for the dark elf mage will be either

a. Roys sister
or
b. Vs "mate"

Either would be so cool ;D

How about... both? ;D

My prediction;
The OotS next meeting with Xykon will look similar to http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=105
Xykon(surrounded by a gazillion hobgoblins): Hi there again
Anybody: Um, charge?
Roy: I'd prefer running this time
Belkar: Damn it I should be more careful pleading to the dark gods for a shipload of people I can kill without Roy going nuts on me

boolean
2005-12-06, 11:49 PM
I predict that when the OotS and Linear Guild next meet, Thog will be defeated by the bag of tricks' ability to create cute, fluffy animals.

Aidan305
2005-12-07, 10:29 AM
Looking at the professor of Warthog's School of Wizardry and Sorcerery, I can predict that his name wil be: Bumbleboar

AtomicKitKat
2005-12-08, 12:54 AM
I predict "Pompey" gets buried by "Vaarsuvius" ;D

RebelRogue
2005-12-08, 06:41 AM
Well, way back in the original thread, I predicted that we might see some half-elf offspring from Dorukan and Lirian (as hinted at by Serini here: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=196 ). Maybe that time has come now!

Omniplex
2005-12-08, 11:19 AM
Ya know what, I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that Pompey has no relation to any of the order of the stick, or any other character in the comic previous to his being hired by the linear guild.

Kish
2005-12-08, 12:27 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!!!111

Devils_Advocate
2005-12-08, 05:18 PM
Y'know, I'd have thought Vaarsuvius to be a generalist wizard, if only based on the argument that anything else would limit which jokes the Giant could do. But after seeing Pompey, I remember the Giant once mentioning teleportation spells being "suspiciously absent" from V's repetoir...

So I'll predict that V will turn out to have banned Conjuration. Evard's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion could easily be some sort of weird force effect, right? (It seems to me that the line between Conjuration and Evocation is pretty thin; the main difference seems to be not in what the spells do, but the underlying magics that make them work. That seems like the sort of distinction that one might expect between "evil twin" type opposites.)

The_Shadow
2005-12-08, 07:46 PM
I predict that when the OotS and Linear Guild next meet, Thog will be defeated by the bag of tricks' ability to create cute, fluffy animals.

Brilliant, sir! Simply brilliant! Wish I'd thought of it myself.

The idea of Pompey being related to Dorukan's old party has some merit, too. I'm thinking he could be Girard's son. Then again, who knows.

And Kish - I don't think you know what that word means. ;)

Karon
2005-12-09, 03:10 AM
I've just been re-reading some old strips, and a thought occurred to me: I predict the hobgoblin minions of Xykon will end up in a climactic battle with the forces of Lord Shojo.

As of yet, we don't know of any other Good force powerful enough to oppose him, especially with 87x300=26,100 hobgoblins. This time, the Order of the Stick is gonna need some help. Unless they make them all run off a cliff.

Jothki
2005-12-09, 08:39 AM
I've just been re-reading some old strips, and a thought occurred to me: I predict the hobgoblin minions of Xykon will end up in a climactic battle with the forces of Lord Shojo.

As of yet, we don't know of any other Good force powerful enough to oppose him, especially with 87x300=26,100 hobgoblins. This time, the Order of the Stick is gonna need some help. Unless they make them all run off a cliff.

I predict that the the hobgoblin minions and Shojo's forces will end up in a strangely unclimactic battle. I have no clue how that would even work, but the thought is amusing.

Curse the spoiler restrictions. I'm not even sure if I can say in the comic thread that Thog is too cute to kill off.

AtomicKitKat
2005-12-12, 10:24 AM
Guess I was wrong. Rich needed to up the oestrogen quota since so many people were trying to "prove" V was female because Haley would be the only one otherwise, so now we have Julia Greenhilt(Sheesh, what happened to the good ol' tradition of naming your kids by the same letter or something?)

Beelzebub1111
2005-12-12, 12:49 PM
*Assumes Psycic foresight pose*
I forsee a...gnome as belkar's opposite. and for durkon....I'm getting a...a...Drugar? No...a Derro. yes, yes it is all clear now. Ha ha ha! that Thog is always good for a laugh.

eldersphinx
2005-12-12, 01:13 PM
Belkar and Julia will become an item.

That is all. ;D

TheFallenOne
2005-12-12, 03:24 PM

actually,there may be far more hobgoblins. First, Legion One was decimated(20 up the mountain pass, unknown number eaten by the guarding monster, and sure some in the fights against the other good monsters). Legion One could very well have had 400 goblins in the beginning. And since its size is limited by the valley the other legions may beeven bigger

Deleran
2005-12-13, 04:51 AM
I predict that the ranger they hire to be Belkar's opposite will be Yikyiks brother. This could just be wishful thinking, though, because I liked Yikyik. On the other hand, it makes sense beacuse Yikyik is the only person in the strip who is even more violently psychotic than Belkar.

Deuce
2005-12-13, 01:38 PM
After a month or so of lurking, I've caved in and decided to start posting - starting with this pair of predictions:

Short Term - The LG cleric-y type will be an evil Druid (gotta work trees into the joke somehow)

Long Term - Elan is the "Good Twin", Nale is the "Evil Twin" - We're going to see the "Neutral Twin" (OK, so that makes them all Triplets) a female named . . . Lena! Still not sure who raised her, wolves maybe?

Deuce
2005-12-15, 11:20 AM
And for some Julia-related thoughts of a prediction-y nature . . . Using a 3 star scale as to how likely I think they really are, * is not very likely, *** is a lock.

*** As was posted in the 257 thread - Red Chief, totally.

* I'd love to see some sort of "Apprenti Uprising" as every single boy/young man-heck anyone attracted to her, in the school launches a quest to save Julia in order to impress her. Might be a good chance to have some fun with creative uses for Cantrips and low-level spells.

** I also forsee the LG folks having a harder then expected time letting Roy know they have a hostage, as they don't know anything about the "Miko dragging them off in chains" situation. If Julia's a "Red Chief" the LG could be in for a long haul.

* Wouldn't be stunned if we found out Julia and/or some of her friends mention or are involved in a "Wizards Gone Wild" scroll/programmed illusion/crystal ball event. Just because it'd really bother Roy, and give Belkar some huge amounts of fodder (that Craft Disturbing Image feat again).

That's all for now . . .

gavin
2005-12-15, 01:19 PM
Belkar and Julia will become an item.

That is all. ;D

I'm sure you meant to say Thog and Julia become an item.

Anything else would make baby Banjulhu cry.

Devils_Advocate
2005-12-15, 04:17 PM
I predict that the ranger they hire to be Belkar's opposite will be Yikyiks brother.
That would be a pretty good target for the Giant's mockery.

"Behold! I am the long-lost and virtually identical brother of your slain teammate, here to avenge his death! After that, of course, I shall continue on with you in his place. I mean, I might as well, right?"

But the Linear Guild already has one evil sibling, so I kinda doubt it.

I've been meaning to mention my prediction that Haley will attempt to use her collected treasure to ransom her father once she gets the opportunity. What's that, you say? Only one sixth of the captured dragon hoard is hers? Nonsense. She rescued her share. She's the one who risked explody death to get that gold out of there! Granted, she didn't realize it at the time, but that's beside the point! It's hardly her fault that the others didn't save their treasure.

And I would be disappointed in her if she didn't make that argument.

Deleran
2005-12-15, 04:23 PM
"Behold! I am the long-lost and virtually identical brother of your slain teammate, here to avenge his death! After that, of course, I shall continue on with you in his place. I mean, I might as well, right?"

Well, knowing Yikyik, that line would involve alot more swearing.

Deuce
2005-12-17, 01:03 AM
Can't help but notice that the LG's idea of hostage security is kinda lax for holding a mage. If they don't shape it up, I predict their entire plan will ge hosed by a single invisibility spell (or better yet a potion, leading to a debate on where on that outfit she hid it).

Swifty
2005-12-19, 02:57 AM
Personally, I think Miko will suffer a psychological collapse at some point and convert to Banjo-ism...simply because I figure she will have some sort of massive psychological transformation at some point...

Kaziel
2005-12-19, 05:27 AM
From Julia Greenhilt to Nale:

Hey, you know, you'd be kinda cute if you shaved off that stupid beard.Nale without a beard? Why that sounds like Elan. I think that Julia's gonna put the moves on Elan when the OotS inevitably comes to her rescue. This will not go over well with either Haley (for obvious reasons) or Roy, b/c he doesn't want to be related to Elan in any way shape or form. While highly unlikely, Julia might even join the OotS to learn from V.

Kizor
2005-12-19, 08:08 AM
So. The Linear Guild will contact the Order of the Stick and threaten them with Julia's life. Roy will freak out and plan a bold, daring rescue which Miko will refuse outright.

Things get ugly from there.

Deuce
2005-12-19, 10:43 AM
Nale without a beard? Why that sounds like Elan. I think that Julia's gonna put the moves on Elan when the OotS inevitably comes to her rescue. This will not go over well with either Haley (for obvious reasons) or Roy, b/c he doesn't want to be related to Elan in any way shape or form. While highly unlikely, Julia might even join the OotS to learn from V.

There's even more to work from there. First, does she really think he's cute - or is she just working up to a Persuade check? Sabine might be a little unhappy with any come-ons toward Nale (or she could be Haley's total opposite and not mind at all!).

As for the plan - Pompey dosn't know the OotS, so either Nale is going to use them to contact Elan (will the rest of OotS even belive him?) or maybe they force Julia to use the scroll - will she really contact Roy, or might there be other powerful folks who could help her (I could even see a very oblique "cell phone minutes" joke with her wasting scrolls chatting with friends).

TheFallenOne
2005-12-23, 11:41 AM
It seems everytime someone wants to reveal what the darkness thingie is some deus ex machina event kills them(hobgoblins last comic, Xykon beheaded by a single unarmed attack by Roy - epiclevel monk with vorpal fist in disguise, anyone? ;)). So I say this will happen again

Sesquedoodle
2005-12-31, 10:40 AM
I predict that the lawyers will make a reappearence at the OotS's trial.

Miklus
2005-12-31, 02:14 PM
I predict that by the end of the comic, Elan will become richer, more famous and far more powerful than all the other members of OotS put together. Thousands will bow before him! Oh, and he will marry a beautiful redhead ;D Lucky bastard!

Dorni
2005-12-31, 02:27 PM
for the record...

I predict that belkar will, at some point during his rampage, free the other members of the OoTS and then Roy will recive the Sending. Then they will escape and go after Julia, with Miko chaseing them down again.

Colt
2006-01-01, 09:36 AM

OOOO good one...

Woolysock
2006-01-01, 07:00 PM
I predict that:

XYKON will KILL Lord Shojo. Go evil horde!! :o

Max_Sinister
2006-01-01, 08:06 PM
I hope for Belkar that he doesn't overdo his rampage, because the odds say that he simply must be overwhelmed by Shojo's guards (hey, Miko could defeat him alone), and then it's over. Killing Goblins and other monsters is one thing, but you don't need Detect Evil to condemn him after he starts killing guards.
That's why I think he will escape from the castle at some point.

Ragnarok
2006-01-01, 08:09 PM
To be honest, I think that the end of OOTS is coming in a few weeks. Belkar gets killed in battle with the guards, and then they get condemned to death. Game over.

Lilly
2006-01-03, 12:24 AM
Somewhat prediction related observation: Valentine's day is a Tuesday this year. Tuesday is not a comic day.

Gralamin
2006-01-03, 02:37 AM
There's even more to work from there. First, does she really think he's cute - or is she just working up to a Persuade check? Sabine might be a little unhappy with any come-ons toward Nale (or she could be Haley's total opposite and not mind at all!).
hmmm lets see Julia makes sabine think Nale is cheating on her, Sabine inorder to make him jealous, will start seeing pompey! I am a Genius!

I predict that:

XYKON will KILL Lord Shojo. Go evil horde!! :o

hmm I'm guessing that Shojo is higher level then Xykon, and therefore higher level the Dourkan. This is based on how Xykon seemed to be about equal to Roy, Xykon being the better of Dourkan. Also he has people of higher level than the OotS under is command, showing he is very high level. but I'm not sure what the CR of 1 million hobgoblins is.

Deuce
2006-01-03, 12:34 PM
. . . but I'm not sure what the CR of 1 million hobgoblins is.

Exactly the same as the CR of one hobgoblin - if you can force them to use a really narrow hallway ;)

Al
2006-01-03, 03:38 PM
Hi

.... Also he has people of higher level than the OotS under is command, showing he is very high level. but I'm not sure what the CR of 1 million hobgoblins is.
Don't think of it as, "Being Outnumbered."

;D Think of it as, "Occupying a Target-Rich Environment!" ;D

Winged One
2006-01-03, 07:40 PM
As I previously stated, Roy qualifies for Blackguard(except for the alignment). Therefore, I predict that the OOTS will level up in Miko's dungeon, and Roy will be so angry at her that he takes his level in Blackguard rather than Fighter.

Fishies
2006-01-03, 09:42 PM
Nale without a beard? Why that sounds like Elan. I think that Julia's gonna put the moves on Elan when the OotS inevitably comes to her rescue. This will not go over well with either Haley (for obvious reasons) or Roy, b/c he doesn't want to be related to Elan in any way shape or form. While highly unlikely, Julia might even join the OotS to learn from V.

Ah, beat me to it.

Max_Sinister
2006-01-04, 08:55 AM
Roy equal to Xykon? I don't know... I had guessed that Xykon is several levels higher - and that caused his fall, because he considered Roy not to be dangerous and even turned his back to him.

Back to topic: I wonder whether Belkar would try to save the Order if opportunity arises. Or whether Miko already knows that Belkar is on the run.

If Belkar would actually liberate the Order, would that count as a good deed? (Belkar not being evil anymore? Is that possible?!)

Deuce
2006-01-04, 10:13 AM
From the looks of things in todays strip, I'd say Miko knows Belkar's loose (or she digs having an entourage).

I will go on record here as saying *if* there's a big bad fight in the dungon, Durkon needs to put up or get out - which will really mess with Nale's HR department ("fire the cleric/druid/shaman? he/she/it hasn't even been in a strip yet!!!!").

Oh yes, the Sending spell - how long has the OotS been in the "Anti-magic block?" Wonder if the LG has burned through a library worth of scrolls yet?

Woolysock
2006-01-04, 03:08 PM
hmm I'm guessing that Shojo is higher level then Xykon, and therefore higher level the Dourkan. This is based on how Xykon seemed to be about equal to Roy, Xykon being the better of Dourkan. Also he has people of higher level than the OotS under is command, showing he is very high level. but I'm not sure what the CR of 1 million hobgoblins is.

Great! More XP for Xykon ;D
However, I believe there is a minimum level for becoming a lich, and its pretty damn high

Jevanyn
2006-01-04, 03:14 PM
Two words:

BLUE MEANIES!

Zink
2006-01-05, 03:03 PM
Great! More XP for Xykon ;D
However, I believe there is a minimum level for becoming a lich, and its pretty damn high
Not that high, only 11th. Though getting the 120K gp and 4800 XP seems a bit harder. I mean, 120000 gp. Damn. That's probably treasure aquired around level 17 or higher. And Xykon has much more treasure than that, as he can carelessly spend 10000 gp on just one trap. I'd say he might even be epic, with all his lovely horde.

Deuce
2006-01-05, 03:23 PM
Mentioned this in another spoiler thread, but I think it rates a full blown prediction the more I think about it:

Shojo is NOT Soon, but Soon's Child or Grandchild. Similar clothing, but Shojo would be really old judging from the picture of his party, and how much time has passed since then.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-01-07, 01:42 PM
Ok, Belkar is going to get away with his slaughter. Why?

One of the evil groups are going to show up someway or other, distract everyone, and it will be forgotten if they even find out. No way otherwise is he going to get away with it.

Gralamin
2006-01-07, 05:11 PM
Mentioned this in another spoiler thread, but I think it rates a full blown prediction the more I think about it:

Shojo is NOT Soon, but Soon's Child or Grandchild. Similar clothing, but Shojo would be really old judging from the picture of his party, and how much time has passed since then.

If Shojo also had some or a lot of monk class levels, he may of gained the level 17 ability allowing them to take no penealties from aging, but still die when they are at their age limit.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/monk.htm#monkTimelessBody

I think shojo might be a paladin or fighter 3/monk 17, allowing soon to be shojo, I'll edit this post when I do some research on soon's Age.
-----------------------------
edit:
hmm soon looked old 65 years ago, humans in D&D can live up to 110. meaning as long as he was 44 or something he may still have a year left.

I also bet Kraagor is a distant relative of durkon, and durkon's clans home is actually a place where another gate is kept, and they will have to go their to stop xykon from destroying his clan. (kragger can live up to 450 years, 65 years meaning its been only 14% of his life.)

TheFallenOne
2006-01-10, 12:01 AM
OK, Belkar knows he can't take Miko in a fight, plus he's wounded(maybe he found a potion though). So why the graffiti?

Either he has prepared a trap OR he'll await her with his lawyer. She used Smite Evil on him, thus devining his alignment and violating the court order shown in http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=228 which will lead to the removement of all her paladin powers

Or he just wants to distract her - maybe he hides in the pit - and will folow the others to free his comrades(unlikely) or to get a shot at the mainguy Shojo(much more likely)

Jothki
2006-01-10, 12:52 AM
Either he has prepared a trap OR he'll await her with his lawyer. She used Smite Evil on him, thus devining his alignment and violating the court order shown in http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=228 which will lead to the removement of all her paladin powers

Nah, paladins can act as chaotic as they want without losing their powers. Only evil actions count against them.

Max_Sinister
2006-01-10, 09:47 AM
It's really difficult... I just can't see Belkar having such a cunning plan, given his attention deficit. (OTOH, he has a lot of attention when it's about killing.) If I was him, I'd use the painting on the wall only as a detraction and try to escape. Belkar should've preserved a rest of sanity... if the OOTS can't take Miko, he can even less. That's why I fear he'll be captured or killed. (As unbelievable as that sounds.) Maybe Lord Shojo decides if he hears their story that V should cast a permanent "Owl's wisdom" on him, preventing further damage? (I'm so looking forward to a Belkar fighting Xykon's hobgoblins on Miko's side later in the strip helplessly crying: "No... I can't hurt living beings!")

Tomada
2006-01-10, 10:47 AM
Belkar has the upper hand. He KNOWS she is going after him. He has been able to get some XP from guards, maybe a level up? Either way, he is going to be prepared to give her "Death from above!"! That's for sure.

Why? Is the only magic he has left. He may fall from an very High place in Miko's Head and actually drop her. Even subdue and pin her, and since he is using small light weapons he may even harvest her Kidneys during the grapple!

Zink
2006-01-10, 04:24 PM
I believe that Belkar is very sincere about his clues for Miko. He's very deep-seated emotional problems, or more accurately, he loves killing - and more so killing with revenge. There haven't been many examples of his lust for revenge, except for Yikyik, and twice from OtOoPCs [Originispoiler]:He said he would stab Haley and Elan for attacking him in the last fight, even though they are his allies and clearly useful for him un-stabbed; and the guard who locked him up and was rather mean, although that could have been just a simple ungrudged get-out-of-jail murder

Max_Sinister
2006-01-10, 04:36 PM
It's not revenge, but he once wanted to kill Elan for XP.

VariaVespasa
2006-01-10, 05:39 PM
I had a long prediction about the future of this story arc, but reading the Giants "predictions are spoilers" thread intro right after posting it has rather put a damper on it, so I will content myself, more or less, with a small version of it.

Belkar will survive and stay with OOTS since Lord Shojo is responsible for Belkars escape (explaination in the full version) and thus wont execute him for it, besides which OOTS just wouldnt be OOTS without him. The re-united OOTS will, however, be hurried meaningfully from the kingdom, to get Belkar out of carnage range asap. Miko will be found wanting and ordered to atone for her behaviour. There is a 50-50 chance that this will involve being sent with the OOTS.

As I said, my original prediction was much longer and more detailed. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me. :)

*Hugs*
Varia

Deuce
2006-01-10, 06:27 PM
I don't think so on the whole Belkar and Miko in the party together thing. She probablly knew the guard, at least in passing. I don't really see her and Belkar in the same room without her trying to (or at least *really* wanting to) kill him. Maybe some sort of Geas would force her to travel with the party without fighting them.

I'm getting a little more of the feeling that Belkar might push Miko over the edge into the loss of her Paladin-hood though. Something tragic, like hurting or killing uninvolved people while trying to get at Belkar.

Of course, if Belkar is using the whole "Come and get me" thing as a ploy to misdirect Miko (hard to see him plan that far, but . . . ) he could be planning to spring the rest of the group - don't get to attached to the funny Paladin in that case. Guessing the Order (especially Roy and Durkon) might not be real happy to be "saved" that way.

Capoeira
2006-01-10, 06:37 PM
As I said on the other topic (go belkar!), I really think Belkar could take almost anyone who doesn't eat hay.

Now, assuming Windstriker is far away in the stables, Belkar could easily sneak around her forever... not that he *would*

Deuce
2006-01-10, 06:39 PM
As I said on the other topic (go belkar!), I really think Belkar could take almost anyone who doesn't eat hay.

Now, assuming Windstriker is far away in the stables, Belkar could easily sneak around her forever... not that he *would*

IIRC, from the inn, Windstriker spends his down time in the Outer Planes, not in a stable, which might save the beast's life (for now).

VariaVespasa
2006-01-10, 07:22 PM
I don't think so on the whole Belkar and Miko in the party together thing. She probablly knew the guard, at least in passing. I don't really see her and Belkar in the same room without her trying to (or at least *really* wanting to) kill him. Maybe some sort of Geas would force her to travel with the party without fighting them.

I'm getting a little more of the feeling that Belkar might push Miko over the edge into the loss of her Paladin-hood though. Something tragic, like hurting or killing uninvolved people while trying to get at Belkar.

Of course, if Belkar is using the whole "Come and get me" thing as a ploy to misdirect Miko (hard to see him plan that far, but . . . ) he could be planning to spring the rest of the group - don't get to attached to the funny Paladin in that case. Guessing the Order (especially Roy and Durkon) might not be real happy to be "saved" that way.

Paragraph 1- I didnt say she would be in the party voluntarily... But if Lord Shojo orders it, as part of her atoning/learning to be a better person? And after he twists OOTS arm in some fashion to get them to agree, of course. I doubt she knew the guards name. If she was enough of a people person to know the name of a redshirt she wouldnt have been as much of a dink as she has been.

Paragraph 2- Being pushed over the edge of paladinhood is part of why she will need to atone, and its not like its a long trip to that edge for her.

Paragraph 3- Belkar is pretty cunning in his special aberrant way, so I wouldnt put it past him to have a plan of sorts, and since he took the time to do his painting I think he does have one. Now, whether that plan is to misdirect her, lure her into falling, lure her to her death, or something else entirely is another question. I have a prediction on where belkar will end up, but no idea on which of those possible courses he will be pursuing when he ends up there. No real idea on how loyal he is to OOTS to decide how high on his list of priorities rescuing them might be. The next few strips will likely be informative on that subject since we should see him trying to find them, if in fact its on his list of things to do.

*Hugs*
Varia

Thomar_of_Uointer
2006-01-10, 09:24 PM
Prediction: Miko will be prevented from doing the lawful thing, killing Belkar, because of her lord. As such, she'll fall just so she can exact revenge upon Belkar, then go join the Linear Guild as a blackguard.

VariaVespasa
2006-01-10, 09:55 PM
I quite like the blackguard idea, but there's nobody in OOTS for her to be the opposite of, certainly as long as Thog has the Roy Opposite slot covered, yes?

*Hugs*
Varia

Brickwall
2006-01-10, 10:01 PM
I quite like the blackguard idea, but there's nobody in OOTS for her to be the opposite of, certainly as long as Thog has the Roy Opposite slot covered, yes?

*Hugs*
Varia

I've got it! The LG will find out about Miko, and will find a spell to make an evil opposite, but they will cast it after she becomes a blackguard, and we will end up with a nice version of Miko, to satisfy the Trouser Titan.

Particle_Man
2006-01-10, 10:09 PM
1) Belkar escapes and joins the LG, Miko joins the OOTS.

2) Belkar gets a Helm of Opposite Alignment, which works...for a while...

Athanatos
2006-01-10, 11:22 PM

*Hugs*
Varia

We're forgetting Belkar, aren't we?

Then again... Nale made it seem as if the Belkar and Durkon slots had already been filled. And I don't think the Giant would introduce the Belkar replacement just to kill him/her off in the next panel and replace him/her with Miko.

Gralamin
2006-01-11, 12:06 AM
you are all forgeting somethin important:
Hinjo has a name!

therefore he might be important.

Preditiction 1: Miko vow to chase Belkar down and kill him, however she soon starts killing people in her way, paving her to become a blackguard. Once a blackguard the LG will meet her and she will join up. Hinjo is commanded to travel with OotS and become the groups Paladin, and the opposite of Miko.

Preditiction 2: Hinjo will somehow fall, why miko atones for behaviour by traveling with the OotS. Hinjo becomes a blackguard and joins LG, and miko is forced to fight him in a one on one, him coming back to the light as he dies, or he kills miko and then realizes what he has done, and proptley atones by taking out the whole LG on his own.

Edit:

We're forgetting Belkar, aren't we?

Then again... Nale made it seem as if the Belkar and Durkon slots had already been filled. And I don't think the Giant would introduce the Belkar replacement just to kill him/her off in the next panel and replace him/her with Miko.

just because the Giant wouldnt doesn't mean that NALE wouldn't. He has to act as the character would.

Brickwall
2006-01-11, 12:26 AM
Not everyone with a name has been important. umm, for example, uhhh

Surtur! Yeah, that's it, Surtur wasn't important! And YikYik. And the guy who lost his two best friends from the bandit camp also had a name, although he never showed up.

Kulatu
2006-01-11, 12:54 AM
Nah, paladins can act as chaotic as they want without losing their powers. Only evil actions count against them.

Continual chaotic actions can lead to a shift in alignment though. If Miko commits enough chaotic acts to change her alignment to neutral good, she will lose her paladin powers nontheless. A single conscious violation of the law won't be enough to shift her alignment, but if she continually violates the court order and other laws of her own will, there is a chance she might suffer an alignment shift.

ilikebasketball
2006-01-11, 07:42 AM
Heck, I'm gonna toss one out.

Belkar is forced to wear a periapt of wisdom by the benevolent lord Shojo, thus making him a nice party member.

Of course, somewhere Belkar will lose it accidentily and become his nice old self again ;)

Deuce
2006-01-11, 12:59 PM
Not everyone with a name has been important. umm, for example, uhhh

Surtur! Yeah, that's it, Surtur wasn't important! And YikYik. And the guy who lost his two best friends from the bandit camp also had a name, although he never showed up.

The ultimate example is Trigak:

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=21

Max_Sinister
2006-01-11, 01:29 PM
Yes, but that was Belkar's fault. ;)

Zink
2006-01-11, 02:27 PM
As for an opposite for Miko; it has been suggested several times in the past [not by me, but I'm a strong supporter], that Julia is Miko's "Evil" Opposite: Captive vs. Captor; Extreme Lawful vs. (what seems to be) Chaotic; little to no care for things such as coolnes factor or bathing, vs. well, Julia; Anti-Spoiled [by which I mean that Miko prefers to sleep in mud with sharp stones rather than in a luxurious motel] Super-serious paladin vs. Spoiled brat; etc..

The evil aligment is missing though, but we don't know Julia that well yet.

Halcyon
2006-01-11, 02:52 PM
As for an opposite for Miko; it has been suggested several times in the past [not by me, but I'm a strong supporter], that Julia is Miko's "Evil" Opposite: Captive vs. Captor; Extreme Lawful vs. (what seems to be) Chaotic; little to no care for things such as coolnes factor or bathing, vs. well, Julia; Anti-Spoiled [by which I mean that Miko prefers to sleep in mud with sharp stones rather than in a luxurious motel] Super-serious paladin vs. Spoiled brat; etc..

The evil aligment is missing though, but we don't know Julia that well yet.
I think we have a winner here, of only because I wanna see Roy's reaction when he realises he was trying to hit on his sisters opposite. ;D

Oh, it's my first post. Hi and stuff.

Deuce
2006-01-11, 04:24 PM
I think we have a winner here, of only because I wanna see Roy's reaction when he realises he was trying to hit on his sisters opposite. ;D

Oh, it's my first post. Hi and stuff.

Super double bonus points if Roy and Miko have set aside there tiff and progressed beyond just "hitting on". (Would that be like the opposite of a tie?).

And to drag a PredictiSpoiler over from the Current Comic thread - I think Shojo is neither the Man, nor the Cat, but in a nod to Men In Black, is a spirit that resides in a pendent around the Cat's neck.

Cirin
2006-01-11, 05:23 PM

The evil aligment is missing though, but we don't know Julia that well yet. By jove, I think he's got it!

Seriously, I agree with this one, that and the fact that both Miko and Julia are temporary additions to the group that aren't part of the core.

As for my prediction, I see Belkar finally getting the better of Miko, but someone else saving her before he gets to finish her off, and subduing Belkar and bringing him before Shojo with Miko. Lord Shojo is an understanding person who hears the OotS out and drops all the charges. However, when Miko drags Belkar in, Shojo chews her out for her actions and behavior, and she falls from grace temporarily losing her Paladinhood for an alignment shift to Lawful Neutral, and sends her on yet another quest far away from Azure City for her Atonement, a quest he's already asked the OotS to do for him.

So Miko has to follow the OotS as a companion, not a captor, temporarily stripped of her Paladinhood and having to be actually diplomatic and polite towards people since she doesn't have all her powers, nor her percieved authority. Some of the OotS tries to treat her like dirt and trick her, but Roy keeps them in line.

The OotS gets derailed on the way to the quest by the Linear Guild and Julia.

Miko eventually does some self-sacrificing heroics in the fight to save Julia and defeat the Linear Guild without her Paladin powers, and learns her lessons, and gets her alignment back to Lawful Good, and she can now go and recieve her proper Atonement spell, and she parts ways with the OotS (the the rejoicing of the Order).

(At least, that's what I would hope for).

Nasrudith
2006-01-11, 05:25 PM
I predict that Roy's sister isn't really a necromancer. Remember it's necromancy 101. It just tells us it's not a prohibited school. 101 implies very basic. Besides I think Roy's father said "why can't you be more like your sister?" sometime. He would not like it if his daughter was evil considering how he lost his teacher to Zyclon.

Mas_Sinoda
2006-01-11, 05:41 PM
My prediction is as soon as the Order of the Stick (excluding Belkar) convinces Shojo that they're innocent, Belkar comes and kills him. Or better yet, the cat on the old man's lap is Shojo, and the old man is the pet.

Jaime
2006-01-11, 06:30 PM
I predict that Miko is Lord Shojo's daughter or granddaughter. When Roy asks, "What's your name?" she replies, "Miko Miyazaki, Samurai of the Sapphire Guard, Vassal to Lord Shojo, daughter of..." but is cut off.

Deuce
2006-01-11, 06:37 PM
I predict that Miko is Lord Shojo's daughter or granddaughter. When Roy asks, "What's your name?" she replies, "Miko Miyazaki, Samurai of the Sapphire Guard, Vassal to Lord Shojo, daughter of..." but is cut off.

Maybe, but what if Soon != Shojo? With Soon looking like he was old 65 years ago, if he had a 20-something apprentice/follower, that person would be in their 80's pushing 90 now. How about "Vassal to Lord Shojo, Daughter of XXXX, Granddaughter of Soon . . ."

TheFallenOne
2006-01-11, 06:41 PM
about the idea of a permament wisdon increase on Belkar: I don't see this happen because nobody heard his internal monologue, thus nobody knows that with he higher wisdom He'd be a entirely better person

thatwolfguy
2006-01-11, 07:40 PM
i'm going with the nod to hitchhikers guide to the galaxy on this one...it's the cat

Gnomish_Armorer
2006-01-11, 11:09 PM
I think Soon is the cat and Shojo is just the old guy, or perhaps its the other way around, or perhap the old guy is just an old guy and the cat is Shojo and/or Soon, or the cat is just a cat and the guy is Soon and/or Shojo, or Shojo is the old guy/cat and is related to Soon/Miko somehow.

I've been no help at all.

mihai
2006-01-13, 06:51 AM
About Miko and Belkar:

somehow I think Belkar will set up a surprisingly intelligent trap for Miko, but not to kill her (as priority), but to make her lose her paladin powers. Of course, it will fail because of something stupid..

Deuce
2006-01-13, 11:41 AM
Actually, I predict that any chance of Shojo being the (Cat, Floor, Throne, Punctuation Mark, Mote of Light or a as of yet unseen Mule) is pretty well shot after the rampant predictions of such in the "Official" strip thread. Too bad, because Shojo being that cat would have been classic.

Winged One
2006-01-13, 03:24 PM
I predict that Elan and Belkar will be sentenced to "mental rehabilitation", in other words, making them wear Priapts of Wisdom that are cursed to never come off.

Deuce
2006-01-13, 03:41 PM
After seeing today's strip, I now predict that Roy will be allowed to pull legal council out of his Bag O' Tricks.

Wardog
2006-01-13, 06:09 PM
Miko vs Belkar showdown prediction:

Belkar will drag out the fight, taunting Miko relentlessly.

Eventually, when Miko is most infuriated, and on the point of winning, he will throw down his weapons and surrender, claiming that as he is now unarmed and defenceless Miko cannot do anything to him, but at the same time continuing to be as obnoxious as possible.

Miko will finally snap and stab/slash him.

Belkar will fake a mortal wound (based on his faked background story to get role-playing xp, I expect he has quite a high bluff skill), perhaps crying out something like "Why? Why? I had surrendered!"

Overcome with remorse, Miko will "fall".

Belkar will then use his ring of jumping to escape, shouting "Sucker!" as he does so ;D

Lilly
2006-01-13, 11:30 PM
Warning: Rampant fangirlism ahead... please try to understand her point of view.

I'm scared for Elan. Why you may ask? He's the only one that's technically guilty of the crime that they have been brought forth on. He's the one that pushed the self destruct rune (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=118) even if he didn't know that it would weaken the fabric of the universe, I doubt that the bobba fet angel will have much consideration for that. Angel Fet has already declared that "the guilty will burn" and well, Elan is guilty.

No amount of bluff, diplomacy, and persuasion will get him out of this.

Now what does this mean for the future of OotS? Will they be without a bard/comic relief? I would like to think that he's gonna survive, but it dosen't look very likley. Unless, well, true love is involved. Which is what I think should happen, but that's just my wishfull thinking.

Amalthea
2006-01-14, 12:14 AM
Warning: Rampant fangirlism ahead... please try to understand her point of view.

I'm scared for Elan. Why you may ask? He's the only one that's technically guilty of the crime that they have been brought forth on. He's the one that pushed the self destruct rune (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=118) even if he didn't know that it would weaken the fabric of the universe, I doubt that the bobba fet angel will have much consideration for that. Angel Fet has already declared that "the guilty will burn" and well, Elan is guilty.

No amount of bluff, diplomacy, and persuasion will get him out of this.

Now what does this mean for the future of OotS? Will they be without a bard/comic relief? I would like to think that he's gonna survive, but it dosen't look very likley. Unless, well, true love is involved. Which is what I think should happen, but that's just my wishfull thinking.
He's responsible, certainly, but I don't know that I'd pin him as guilty. Guilt requires intent.

I'm actually wondering if this isn't going to turn into a sort of St. Patrick trial by fire thing.

[Edit] I fully expect Xykon's crown to be destroyed by fire. ;D

Ilanin
2006-01-14, 11:07 AM
Under a Western judicial system, Elan is innocent of the crime as charged "intentionally and with malice aforethought", but probably guilty of it due to recklessness. (I'm making an analogy with first- and second-degree murder here.)

It also depends whether or not the crime was the destruction of the gate or the weakening of the fabric of the universe. Elan *did* know that he was going to destroy the gate.

In both cases, he has (depending on quite how low his Intelligence score is) the defence of diminished responsibility due to mental illness, or similar. This drops the rest of the party in it (except Vaarsuvius, who was, I believe, paralysed at the time) as they are probably then partly responsible for his actions. This brings us to the wonderful conclusion that the entire party except V could be found guilty of damaging the fabric of the universe. Hir reaction to that ought to be priceless (and probably rather long).

Deuce
2006-01-16, 10:40 AM
I'm leaning toward the "guiilty of weakening the fabric of the Universe" but think it will be mitigated when it is revealed (in a wonderfully funny and confusing manner) that there was an evil lich trying to make use of the gate Sure the OotS thought he was dead, but the unintended consequence of their unintended consequence was that the bad guys couldn't just return to the gate after the OotS left and pick up where they left off. Hey, if accidently weakening the universe deserves punishment, then accidently saving the universe deserves reward.

Sesquedoodle
2006-01-17, 05:40 AM

I was right! ;D

Max_Sinister
2006-01-17, 07:21 AM
I think things might develop like in a crossover of John Grisham and Legally Blonde.

TheFallenOne
2006-01-17, 05:55 PM
In the very end of the comic, Xykon will find out that the Mysterious Shadow Thingie is in fact Chaotic good and he would just have needed him to touch the gate(wait, what gate?) to gain infinite power. Add in a snarky comment of Redcloak and a final sigh of Xykon

Amalthea
2006-01-17, 06:36 PM
Okay, this is somewhat of a long-term prediction, and I don't know if it's been brought up, but here it goes...

We have 5 gates, each guarded by a member of the party from #196: Lirian, Dorukan, Soon, Kraagor, and Girard.

Do you think that the gates could also be associated with the story of one of the OoTS members also?

The first story centered around Roy and his quest to destroy Xykon, and it involved Dorukan's gate.

Now we're on an Elan-centric story, and Soon certainly appeared to be a member of the Sapphire Guard, which could put them in the vincinity of Soon's gate.

Other possible connections are Lirian's gate (which was destroyed in a forest fire) and V, who lived in the Elven Forest. We also know Xykon and Redcloak were involved with this gate, but not the exact circumstances of it's destruction.

Kraagor's Gate and Durkon are almost certain, and here's my logic: in OtOoPCs, Durkon is sent away permenantly to avoid causing a catastrophe when he returns. This is almost certainly an Oedipus-like prophecy where an attempt to circumvent the prophecy brings about it's fulfillment. By forcing Durkon to leave, he became involved with the OotS and the fate of the gates, including Kraagor's Gate, the destruction of which is the catastrophe

This leaves Girard's gate and Haley's story. I'm not certain how these two would connect, except that Girard could be Haley's grandfather, or Girard's gate could be in Tyrania.

Granted, the stories of all the OotS members are all kinda mushed together. (The Linear Guild, for instance, will probably be interwoven through all the stories).

The only OotS member who doesn't get a gate and a story is Belkar, both because Serini didn't have a gate, and because Belkar can't have a lot of backstory without becoming a tragic figure instead of a humorous one.

Deuce
2006-01-17, 06:41 PM
. . .

Do you think that the gates could also be associated with the story of one of the OoTS members also?

. . .

Not sure, but looking back at 196, It seems that this world adhears to the "All parties should have 6 primary members" rule.

Solara
2006-01-17, 06:52 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting that Shojo got cut off before mentioning what their sentence would be if found guilty?

From this I'm predicting that they will be found guilty, and after some appropriately dramatic buildup their punishment won't actually be that big of a deal. Shojo will sentence them to something like, cleaning the holy kitty litter for a year. (Okay, probably not that specific sentence, but it would be funny... :D)

And yeah, I know it's the BoPLaG acting as jury, but the jury doesn't always pick the punishment; just whether there should be one or not.

Lilly
2006-01-17, 10:13 PM
We have 5 gates, each guarded by a member of the party from #196: Lirian, Dorukan, Soon, Kraagor, and Girard.

The first story centered around Roy and his quest to destroy Xykon, and it involved Dorukan's gate.

Now we're on an Elan-centric story, and Soon certainly appeared to be a member of the Sapphire Guard, which could put them in the vincinity of Soon's gate.

Other possible connections are Lirian's gate (which was destroyed in a forest fire) and V, who lived in the Elven Forest. We also know Xykon and Redcloak were involved with this gate, but not the exact circumstances of it's destruction.

Kraagor's Gate and Durkon are almost certain, and here's my logic: in OtOoPCs, Durkon is sent away permenantly to avoid causing a catastrophe when he returns. This is almost certainly an Oedipus-like prophecy where an attempt to circumvent the prophecy brings about it's fulfillment. By forcing Durkon to leave, he became involved with the OotS and the fate of the gates, including Kraagor's Gate, the destruction of which is the catastrophe

This leaves Girard's gate and Haley's story. I'm not certain how these two would connect, except that Girard could be Haley's grandfather, or Girard's gate could be in Tyrania.

... (emphasis and snippage added)

I agree with you for the most part. That the over-arching plotline involves all 5 gates. And that each member of the OotS will get their own story line, Dourkon's gate being Roy's story.

But I think that Soon's gate (notice the blue theme, and proximity of Xykon and a bajillion minions) is Haley's story.
Near the begining (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=131) of this arch we find out about Haley's dad. And then she has a psychological break down (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=247) that should lead to greater character development.

And now I think that Girard's gate will be Elans's story. Notice the little hearts drawn around him in the diary (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=196) It'll be the more romantic story line (or here's hoping it will be). That's not saying that Girard's castle could be located in Tyrania, and that's where Haley's father is being kept. (If he's even being kept, but that's a prediction for another day.) But I'm thinking that Girard's story is when we see Elan figure some things out, and see some other things resolved.

Amalthea
2006-01-17, 11:13 PM
But I think that Soon's gate (notice the blue theme, and proximity of Xykon and a bajillion minions) is Haley's story.
Near the begining (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=131) of this arch we find out about Haley's dad. And then she has a psychological break down (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=247) that should lead to greater character development.

And now I think that Girard's gate will be Elans's story. Notice the little hearts drawn around him in the diary (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=196) It'll be the more romantic story line (or here's hoping it will be). That's not saying that Girard's castle could be located in Tyrania, and that's where Haley's father is being kept. (If he's even being kept, but that's a prediction for another day.) But I'm thinking that Girard's story is when we see Elan figure some things out, and see some other things resolved.

You could be right, but Elan's and Haley's stories are so intertwined that it could be read either way.

Now, Elan's story got set up during Roy's story, and now we're dealing with the direct results of what Elan did during Roy's story.

But Haley's story is just now going thorugh a similar set up, while Elan's trial is going on. I think we'll get to Haley's story next, and that the two will have a considerable bit of overlap, because part of their individual stories involve each other.

Max_Sinister
2006-01-18, 05:35 AM
@Amalthea and Lilly:

Nice idea with the connection between the OOTS members and the gates corresponding. Only...
1) There are six members of the OOTS currently, but only five gates. I fear for Belkar.
2) Lirian's gate was destroyed, as we know. What does that mean for the story for V? But OTOH: Who knows why s/he started adventuring at the first time? And under which circumstances was the gate really destroyed? V is pretty secretive, I guess s/he didn't tell us all yet...

Amalthea
2006-01-18, 09:39 AM
@Amalthea and Lilly:

Nice idea with the connection between the OOTS members and the gates corresponding. Only...
1) There are six members of the OOTS currently, but only five gates. I fear for Belkar.
2) Lirian's gate was destroyed, as we know. What does that mean for the story for V? But OTOH: Who knows why s/he started adventuring at the first time? And under which circumstances was the gate really destroyed? V is pretty secretive, I guess s/he didn't tell us all yet...

In my post, I mentioned why Belkar didn't have a gate.

The only OotS member who doesn't get a gate and a story is Belkar, both because Serini didn't have a gate, and because Belkar can't have a lot of backstory without becoming a tragic figure instead of a humorous one.

In OtOoPCs, Belkar's backstory only starts a few days before he joins OotS and it doesn't tell anything but how and why he came to join the party. We know nothing about his background, or why he is the way he is.

We CANNOT know why Belkar is the way he is. Once we know what sorry happenstance made him they way he is, he ceases to be a humorour character, and becomes a tragic character. Belkar would fail the Cereberus Syndrome: he would become a worse character for the attempt to give him depth.

However, the way the stories of the OotS are related to the members of Serini's party and the gates are through the members individual backstories (Haley's dad, Roy's vendetta, etc...) Belkar has no such backstory to be used to connect him with a gate.

I don't fear for Belkar. I can't stand him and wish he would die, but I don't have much hope of that happening.

Max_Sinister
2006-01-18, 10:04 AM
Sorry, overlooked that bit. Yes, makes absolutely sense.

I wonder whether the OOTS will ever meet their counterparts. (V might've already done.) At least, in a scene akin to the end of Star Wars 6: Seeing their spirits.

However, I don't see much in common of Haley and Soon. It might be her part of the story arc, but else...

Vaarsuvius_Prime
2006-01-18, 12:20 PM
I predict Girard is an elan - XPH race elan. ;D

caviar12
2006-01-20, 12:45 AM
1) Julie & Haley will fight over Elan (258 )
2) V is Pompey's father/mother
3) the oots will recieve the message from the linear guild just before the trile and accuse them of the gate's distruction
4) Helga will come back.
5) We all find out who Aund Judi is.

and what happened to Belkar the Barbarion?

Lilly
2006-01-20, 02:20 AM
I predict Girard is an elan - XPH race elan. ;D

This is just the most recent iteration of something that's been bugging me for a while. It's the "OMG Elan has something to do with the psionic race named Elan!!!1!" train of thought. Elan the character was introducded in September 2003. The XPH (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/966660000) was released in April 2004.

[/public service anoucement]

TomBoniface
2006-01-20, 03:01 PM
Amongst my most important psychic powers are the ability to make a single prediction about the course of a comic.

The Giant will post some future comics before noon
AND
The Giant will post some future comics after Noon.

No wait let me start again
Amongst my most important psychic powers are the ability to make two predictions about the course of a comic.
The Giant will post some future comics before noon
AND
The Giant will post some future comics after Noon.
No wait let me start again
AND
Some of the comics will be viewed by certain members of the reading audience as funnier than the others.

No Wait let me try again.
Amongst my most important psychic powers are the ability to make many predictions about the course of a comic.....

BurntOfferings
2006-01-20, 05:48 PM
If Celia is an honest-to-goodness D&D sylph, then she's in danger of being dragged away by Jones and associate. Sylphs appear in Monster Manual II, and are not Open Gaming content.

Of course, sylphs existed in fantasy before D&D, just like goblins, ogres, etc. Perhaps the lawyers will try to drag her away, and she'll successfully defend herself by siting pre-D&D references to her kind?

coyote6
2006-01-20, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking that if "douse with flammable liquid, light on fire" is the whole of Belkar's cunning plan, he's not read up on the "being on fire" rules. It's a measly 1d6 damage per round, with a mere DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish yourself.

Miko's Dex modifier & monk level(s) will probably make that an easy save (I'd say Divine Grace isn't any help to her, given the charisma she's demonstrated so far). So setting her on fire is "1d6 fire damage, maybe lose a turn" -- if he can keep doing it, he might be okay (assuming she hasn't prepared the second level paladin spell "resist energy"). Otherwise . . .

Deuce
2006-01-20, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking that if "douse with flammable liquid, light on fire" is the whole of Belkar's cunning plan, he's not read up on the "being on fire" rules. It's a measly 1d6 damage per round, with a mere DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish yourself.

Miko's Dex modifier & monk level(s) will probably make that an easy save (I'd say Divine Grace isn't any help to her, given the charisma she's demonstrated so far). So setting her on fire is "1d6 fire damage, maybe lose a turn" -- if he can keep doing it, he might be okay (assuming she hasn't prepared the second level paladin spell "resist energy"). Otherwise . . .

But what else is in the room, and how might it react to being ignited. (Guessing no smoke-powder, or even Belkar's low wisdom would have him running away fast). Perhaps he's going to bar the door and hope the smoke overcomes her before she can hack her way out.

Miklus
2006-01-21, 09:03 AM
Prediction: Helga WILL be back...and with a mini-Durkon on the arm. It would be SO funny to see Durkons face. :o And what would Durkon do? Marry her?? Run far, far away??? I really really hope this will happen, it would be too good to miss. :D

Max_Sinister
2006-01-21, 02:29 PM
I wonder whether they both might die... if only one of them dies, people will cry foul because the Giant killed X but not Y. And then, they are both resurrected, because someone needs them.

And I wonder whether this might be Miko's story in the big arc? Who says she won't become an OOTS member? (Yes, I know: All the Miko-haters.)

Deuce
2006-01-25, 11:20 AM
Still thinking that the trial will be rocked by some unexpected event, options include:

1) Badly injured Miko and equally battered Belkar crash through a courtroom door, just as the Order is on the verge of aquittal.

2) Belkar manages to burn down/blow up the entire fortress.

3) The defense swings for the fence and calls Zykon/Redcloak/MitS as a witness - forced to go on quest (with Miko or Hinjo to keep them from skipping bail) to retrieve the witness.

4) Other trial-goodness resulting from the "Chair of Truth"
a) Haley's feelings for Elan
b) V's Gender
c) Roy having to explain the Gender Belt incedent
d) Might cure Haley's condition
e) Worst case - Belkar is dragged in and forced to testify from it . . . very bad

Amalthea
2006-01-26, 09:40 AM
So who thinks that the "Chair of Truth" compels people to speak the truth?
There's some sort of spell-effect going on around it, that's certain.

Zink
2006-01-26, 12:42 PM
I don't. When I first saw/heard the Chair of Truth, I thought that is was a simple chair with a Zone of Truth (the 2nd level Clr/Pal spell) cast on it; this seems very logical to me, as it would explain why the chair seems to have a circular range of effect, and why it was needed to be prepared (that is, someone needed to cast the spell) Since targets of the spell are given a Will save against the effects, I'd reckon it was a very high level cleric who cast it (which would explain why the preparation wasn't completely trivial - getting a high level cleric adds a lot to the "casting" time of the 1 standard action), as to reduce the chance of someone lying on it. But, who knows, maybe something will roll in to aid the OotS, such as a natural 20 on a will save...

Anyway, about the compelling thing, the description of ZoT reads: "Affected creatures are aware of this enchantment. Therefore, they may avoid answering questions to which they would normally respond with a lie, or they may be evasive as long as they remain within the boundaries of the truth." So, if it is a ZoT on it, they have to tell only the truth, but not the whole truth.

Omniplex
2006-01-26, 02:29 PM
On the other hand, the spell on the chair may not be enchanted with just a simple zone of truth. It could be a higher level zone of truth variant that compels you to tell "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God." That way it would be more effective in court, and have a higher save.

Tethrys_Gosoo
2006-01-26, 03:43 PM
As I pointed out in the comic discussion thread, the whole trial is pretty pointless in the first place.

However, I believe that the OotS will not be found guilty. Next step in the plot will most probably be Xykon leading the Hobgoblin army against the Azure City with a Linear Guild appearance which leads to the destruction of Shojo's (Soon's) gate (maybe of the entire city). Probably his death too.

Amalthea
2006-01-26, 05:18 PM
On the other hand, the spell on the chair may not be enchanted with just a simple zone of truth. It could be a higher level zone of truth variant that compels you to tell "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God." That way it would be more effective in court, and have a higher save.
I don't know if anyone's ever read Mairelon the Magician by Patricia C Wrede, but there as a set of magical objects in that book called the Saltash Set that could compel someone to speak the truth. There was a variant usable with only part the set that could distinguish if someone was lying.

How this is relevant is the book points out how complicated it is to force someone to speak the truth without impairing their ability to communicate.

So the question is - is the Azure Guard important enough to have a wondrous object of this nature? It would explain why V's raven testified. (Then again, getting filled with arrows could also explain why Blackwing testified.)

The next question is, if the chair CAN force someone to speak without impairing their ability to communicate, could this chair cure Haley's aphasia?

Gralamin
2006-01-26, 06:59 PM
my thought of what Belkar's attempting to accomplish.

Belkar said he wanted to make her lose her powers in #206 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=206), currently he appears to be attempting to humilate her and anger her. as the way to the dark side is according to star wars. If Miko catches up with him she will be so angry she will attempt a Smite Evil, only to find she no longer has her powers, for she has fallen.

Max_Sinister
2006-01-30, 09:05 AM
About #273: Elan must be happy to hear that there are priests of three more pantheons Banjo could join! (If he isn't fed up yet.)

Caledonian
2006-01-30, 09:55 AM
I predict that the key to ending the struggles between the four pantheons, untangling the snarl in reality, and restoring balance to the universe will be...

Banjo the Clown, God of Puppets.

Leveller
2006-01-30, 11:31 AM
Well this should be fairly obvious but I think the ultimate evil snarl is the creature in the shadows. :o