PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic V - Game Thread (Night 9)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-07, 12:24 AM
It was a quiet night in the classic town of Zeb's Shadow (so named for the founders of this quiet little village where nothing bad ever happens, until today) or so everyone thought until they woke up and began going about their daily business. The hustle and bustle went on for a few hours before anyone made it over to the rat infested tavern being run by Zeb and Shadow.

Ha, finally! It's noon and those slackers should be at work by now and have that place open!

It came as a bit of a shock to Nathanial P. Canterbury (the third, if you must know) when he arrived at the establishment the doors were already open but the lights weren't on and no swearing could be heard from inside.

Nate had an uneasy feeling about this. He'd seen this kind of weirdness before. Last time it was zombie rebels but something was definitely amiss. He ran back to the town square and told the crier what he'd seen and what he hadn't.

Immediately people started to gather and speculate about what might be wrong.

It's zombies!
No, it's rebels!
No no! It's Death Eaters!
What the hell's a Death Eater?!
Werewolves, I tell ya!

Then seemingly in unison...

We have to lynch Shadow and we have to lynch him now!

Yeah!!!

The mob gathered their pitch forks and torches and marched on the tavern intent on getting their first kill out of the way. They were foiled however, when they found that Shadow was among the dead. Killed by werewolves, it was now obvious. Some were saddened that two men had been murdered, some were merely disappointed that it wasn't them that got to stick a pitchfork in Shadow.

Once they knew what they were up against, some stayed behind to clean up the tavern while the rest went home to their loved ones and made preparations to defend themselves from the terror.

Summary: Zeb The Troll and Shadow were killed by werewolves. They were narrators. Day 1 begins and will end in approximately 72 hours (to allow for first day RP).

Players - 15/41
Alarra - Killed by wolves Night 4 - the Fool
Almighty Salmon
Andre Fairchilde - Killed by wolves, Night 1 - Villager
Ariko
Atreyu the Masked LLama - Killed by werewolves Night 6 - Villager
banjo1985
B-Man - Killed by wolves, Night 6 - Mason
Cult_of_the_Raven - Autolynched Day 8 - Villager
CurlyKitGirl - Lynched, Day 2 - Villager
DarkCorax - Lynched, Day 8 - Seer
DarkLightDragon
detrevnisisht
douglas - Lynched, Day 1 - Villager
dragonprime - Autolynched Day 2 - Villager
Eldritch Knight - Lynched Day 9 - Villager
Emperor Demonking - Exiled Day 3 - Villager
Endeavourl - Lynched Day 6 - Villager
evnafets - Killed by wolves Night 2 - Mason
Ezlo
Fleeing Coward - Lynched Day 4 - Mason
Freshmeat_ - Killed by wolves Night 5 - Villager
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf - Autolynched Day 8 - Villager
huyneo - autolynched Night 6 - Villager
HyramGraff
Indurain - Lynched Day 7 - Werewolf
Jontom Xire
Kantur - autolynched Night 6 - Villager
Khaldan - Autolynched Day 5 - Villager
Lord Magtok - Autolynched Day 5 - Villager
North
PirateMonk - Autolynched Day 4 - Villager
Pwenet - Killed by wolves, Night 8 - Mason
radikalskippy
Raiser_B1ade - Autolynched Day 2 - Villager
smellie_hippie
Thecrimsonmage - Lynched Day 5 - Villager
Traveling_Angel
Vonriel - Autolynched Day 7 - Villager
whitehelm
Zar Peter - Killed by wolves Night 3 - Baner

Zar Peter
2007-10-07, 06:50 AM
Zar Peter, a little thin man with glasses, carrying a big luggage, arrives in the town. With astonishment he watches as the mob leaves Shadows place, than he walks to the next person, taking his dictionary and says:

Apology , where am the next outdoors Hotelroom? And self customs something to meal.*

Than he waits expectatingly for an reply.

*Excuse me, where can I find the next free Hotel room? And I would need something to eat.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 06:56 AM
The emperor licked off the blood on his face, and whiping the hair or is it feathers off his ripped clothes, speaking to himelf. "Those chickens run too fast."
Emperor of the chicken farm looked at the newcomer. "Funny, you come here at the same time as the werewolves, funny."

Zar Peter
2007-10-07, 07:05 AM
The visitor looks at Emperor Demonking, than he reads in his book, than he mumbles something like
"Sie haben Werewölfe hier? Oh, mein Gott, da wollte ich einmal in Ruhe ausspannen und dann das. Kann ich irgendwie helfen?"
than he reads in his book again and says:

They have Werewolves here? Oh , my god , there I wanted self a quiet rest and then that. Can myself somehow help?

Jontom Xire
2007-10-07, 07:11 AM
((Can we have a summary of players please. Away for a week until next weekend.))

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 07:12 AM
"Just find out who the werewolves are. Is that really hoew you say werewolf." Says the Emperor.

banjo1985
2007-10-07, 07:48 AM
A young man comes out of one of the small huts dotted around the village. He is young and muscular, and has his unkempt stubble that makes him look older. He doesn't seem scared after last nights events, but there is a cold determination in his eyes.

Wolves trying to destroy our village are they? Well not while I'm here, not on my watch dammit!

The man turns to the newly arrived Zar Peter.

A traveller are you? Boy you sure chose the wrong time to visit our village. What brings you here anyhow?

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-07, 09:02 AM
*The ghost of Zeb appears outside the tavern wandering around with a bucket on his head running into walls, which you find odd because he's a ghost and could just go through them.*

((Sorry for being a dope. Character list added to the OP.))

Ezlo
2007-10-07, 09:13 AM
Ezlo the hobo wakes up from his bench covered in newspapers located behind the town hall. He wakes up, grabs his tinfoil hat, blows the dust off from his long white beard, and heads out to give out advice to anyone who needs it. (ie. Anyone who looks younger than him. Which is everybody.)

DraPrime
2007-10-07, 09:20 AM
Dragonprime walks in, and promptly goes to sleep.

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-07, 10:25 AM
I don't trust this one. I think he might be a werewolf. Only one way to tell for sure, and that's to string him up!

EK points at douglas

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 10:43 AM
"Hey don't be hasty, we've got a month to the next full moon and if its anyone its Helgraf or maybe the newcomer." Says the Empeoror trying to tidy his ripped clothes. "But at least we know Douglas is innocent."

Vonriel
2007-10-07, 11:30 AM
A body falls out of the air, and creates a neat Vonriel-sized hole in the ground. A hand reaches straight up, holding a sign that says "Ow." It slumps back into the hole, taking the sign with it.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-07, 11:33 AM
Seeing a human body fall to the ground the emperor licked his lips. "How'd you fall."

Vonriel
2007-10-07, 11:45 AM
The man climbs out of the hole, walks to an odd-looking box in front of the tavern, and pulls from it a large package. Opening it up, he proceeds to put together a large rocket with the word "ACME" on the side, and aims it into the sky, waiting for something to pass by. He looks at Emperor Demonking questioningly, as if he didn't understand, and then resumes watching for what he's looking for.

Helgraf
2007-10-07, 12:10 PM
"Seems the entire European countryside is infested with werewolf afflicted villages," grumbled the fairly stout, somewhat squat fellow with the axe, as he chopped his way through a tree. "'s a wonder one can make a living a'tall as a lumberjack, ja ... excepting all the burnings need plenty of wood, da vhet."

Zar Peter
2007-10-07, 02:29 PM
The travellar looks at banjo, than he take his book, reads a little bit, shakes his head, throws away the book and take his cell phone. After typing 5 minutes in it he answers:

Oh, thinking I already said but this translation book is broken, I think! Better version here on my cellular. I wanted to relax a little bit. Making holidays. On vacation. Quiet place here, I thought. But seeming you need a little helping hand because of canine infestation. I just need place to sleep and eat. I would pay!

DarkCorax
2007-10-07, 03:13 PM
Corax steps out of his hut near the forest and watches the tourist and his luggage for a while before sitting down outside and begins whittling arrows.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-07, 03:39 PM
Tavern owner Andre Fairchilde returns to open his Wolves' Bane.

"Why does it smell like Wolf urine in here? Oh well."

He begin's mopping the floor expecting a rush for the happy hour - the last few hours of light before the hard, cold nights.

Crimmy
2007-10-07, 04:42 PM
The mighty Crimson Mage awakes somehow ina place that looks strange
There are big, strong walls, an iron door, some little windows, and there is only the sounds of screams coming from below
then he realises that he is in his room, where he went to sleep after capturing some nasty, evil and very criminal oysters, that talk about the evil that is rising
so he sets to go to the village, just down the hill, to inform himself, but the people in the town bazaar only say one thing:
"WEREWOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-07, 07:06 PM
*DLD flies over the area to make sure everything is alright after the attack. She sees the Crimson Mage heading into town and lands in front of him*

And what are you doing around this area, may I ask? You shouldn't be here. It's dangerous.

Vonriel
2007-10-07, 08:27 PM
Grinning, Vonriel presses the big red button on the side of the rocket. The entire thing starts to shake, then shoots off, leaving him hanging in mid-air in the middle of a cloud of smoke, while the rocket soars off into the distance, missing DarkLightDragon by a mile. He falls to the ground, face first, then stands up and dusts himself off. He ponders for a minute, then writes something on a piece of paper and shoves it into the strange metal box he pulled the package from before.

Crimmy
2007-10-07, 09:04 PM
The Crimson Mage, after finding the Dark Light Dragon and reasonably listening to him, tells him in a deep low voice:
I need to ask of you something really important:
You know we do have something in common, were opposite poles with ourselves, and we have powers bwyond control, so the only thing i ask, is to free the town of Zeb's Shadow of the curse of the werewolves, because if i dont do that, those blasted oysters won't shut up at my place!!!!
they'll probably tear down the place with their screams!!!!!!
oh and a rocket just missed you....

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-07, 09:14 PM
((I'm not a guy...))

*DLD chuckles to herself at the mage's response as she turns around to see the person who launched the rocket*

I'll have to tell him off later. We're not supposed to have rockets.

*DLD turns back to the mage*

Very well. You may pass. Just be careful, and no funny tricks.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-07, 09:24 PM
*A crotchety old tinker hobbles into town with a hope to find shelter for the evening...*

My wagon broke a hub about an hour outside of town. I can fix damn near anything, but a wheel in the dark is a little outside my skills...

*The tinker looks up hopefully at the barkeep and hopes that this tavern might also serve as an Inn*

[OOC: I'm on vacation at the moment, please catch me quickly if I'm near an auto-lynch situation...]

Skippy
2007-10-07, 09:57 PM
A boy with a purple T-shirt with Xykon painted in it arrives at Zeb's Shadow.

"My name is Xykon Fan. I was told that they were playing WereWolf here, so here I am."

((OOC: I enjoy recursivity. Sue me.))

Endeavourl
2007-10-07, 11:10 PM
After helping with the cleaning up of the carnage at the tavern, Endeavourl leans against a tree, hefting his now much more appealing halberd and muttering:

"It was only last week that Shadow hired me as a bouncer, why can't I ever find something that lasts more than a month? Maybe that hotel will hire me to help keep their customers feeling more secure at night with the Werewolves running around."

Vonriel
2007-10-08, 12:34 AM
(( Ok, so, I need a roadrunner. Who to pick, who to pick...

Also, DLD, if you were talking to me, the "he" references were to myself. ))

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-08, 04:14 AM
A middle aged man wanders out of his hut. He wears a monocle and a top hat, it's pretty easy to tell he's British.

"Werewolves? Here? In Zeb's Shadow?"

He scratches his chin for a moment.

"Not to worry! We'll just have to chase the brainless buggers off then! My name is Salmon by the way, don't ask why, It's an enduring and bromidic anecdote. Not one that i wish to tell either."

Salmon then turns his attention to Vonriel. Coyote? :smallconfused: He shakes his head in disbelief.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-08, 04:20 AM
Jontom flaps up to his old friend and ally and (once) betrayer, Dark Light Dragon.

"Hey, DLD. You on the town watch again? Just like old days huh? I'll help you. It'll be so much fun."

He grins widely revealing row upon row of very small but very sharp teeth that can strip flesh from bone, and then shred the bone, like a chainsaw.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-08, 04:28 AM
Jontom flaps up to his old friend and ally and (once) betrayer, Dark Light Dragon. ((Looked at the number of this game? Five. Bwahahahaha...

Vonriel: I was talking to crimson mage))

Oh, yes, it will. Wanna be the new second-in-command? The last one got fried in the recent werewolf attack.

banjo1985
2007-10-08, 04:55 AM
Elroy looks at what Zar Peter has said on his phone and grins.

Ooooh righte, I get you. Your best bets the inn over there I'd say, I doubt anyone will take you into their home with last nights events, can't be too careful.

Elroy points Zar Peter towards the tavern (no this is not a point for lynching!).

B-Man
2007-10-08, 10:58 AM
B-Man walks around the town square, trying to search for clues. He looks high and low and cannot find anything. When the NPCs ask him what he is doing, he shrugs and continues walking.

It's hard being a mute in this town. B-Man thought as he finds a coupon for free coffee on the backside of a lamppost. He then goes to the coffee shop and gets coffee.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-08, 11:02 AM
The chicken farmer starts to floss his sharp teeth as he looks around.

Zar Peter
2007-10-08, 11:08 AM
Zar Peter looks at Banjo, says "Thank you veryy mucho!", than he turns around and heads to Andres tavern!

Hallo, dear sir! Do you have spare room for some nights? I needing to food, too, if possible here.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 11:13 AM
Andre opens the doors for business, and sees Zar Peter standing there...

...and looks at him... Zar Peter looks familiar.

"Yes, we have plenty of room. Have we met? Our dinner menu is up if you'd like something to eat. We have a chicken stew. Pardon the mess, it appears that someone vandalized the place while I was gone. But that portrait is wonderful! I don't remember that being here!

I bet you play poker, don't you...

(For those that might be suspicious, I'm just returning to the same character as the last WW classic... there is nothing more here than rp... just thought I'd put that out there for those not in the last game...)

Vonriel
2007-10-08, 12:02 PM
Vonriel looks at B-Man, then looks at the fourth wall and holds up a sign saying "Don't I know it." He then resumes his waiting by the metal box, wondering when that package will get here.

PirateMonk
2007-10-08, 12:14 PM
A man in peasant garb comes to the Town square and says, "Werewolves you say? We shall strike down the beasts in the name of all that is- ah..." He trails off and ducks into the tavern.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-08, 12:20 PM
](well, as much as I hate to attack the Nudie-Man, he was just auto-lynched in Vampire so The llama points at Indurain.)

(Its not that I don't have a character, its that I'm waiting for the game to load. Oh wait, he's based off a SNES game. Those were the days, no loading times and games that you could drop into a batch of sharp glass and then step on and not have to worry about scratches. Hehe, when you could focus on plot and not how detailed the main character's hair was. Those were the games.)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 12:22 PM
Andre steps behind the counter...

"Our menu is up on the wall, or would you care for a drink? For some reason I have a lot of chalky water..."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-08, 12:43 PM
A knight strolls into the Wolf's Bane. "Where are you Eeenglish Kniggits? Ah know you are 'ere because we saw ze Wooden Rabbit. Where are zey? Where are zey?! Eef you do not tell us we shall insult you using verry zzilly naymes. Hey You! You over zhere weeth zat eenorrrrmouse luggage! Yes, you. Eef you do not tell me wherre zose Eeenglish pig-dogs are I will continue to insult your familee. Oh, why should I wait?" the French Knight, still adressing the tourist and the bar owner continues to rant. "You, you, your mutherr was a 'amster and your fazer smelt of elderberries!""Mon captane zat ees too 'arsh."
"No! No eet ees not! Now be silent you zon of a cheekeen you!" shouts the captain furiously as he wheels to the door and some other knights lurking there.
"You, Barr Tendere eef you orrr zat strange leetle man who ees being farted at by my men do not ansere my qwestee-ons I shall Fetchez la Vache! And zen you weel zee 'ow far wee can go."
"No no no Capitane. Not la vache!"
"Fetchez la vache!"
"Fetchez la vache!"
"Fetchez la vache"
"Fetchez la vache."
"Fetchez la -oh. I weel fetch la vache. What ess the vache Cpitane?"
"Zee cow ou father of manee manee zmall furry doglike creetures."
Amour clanking and the crying of a small Frech kniggit can be heard running to the Castle as he goes to fetch la vache.

Skippy
2007-10-08, 12:54 PM
Xykon Fan walks towards the Frenchmen and ask them:

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 12:54 PM
"Fetch a cow? Try my neighbors barn... What do you need a cow for again?"

whitehelm
2007-10-08, 12:59 PM
Llama, if he's a wolf, shouldn't we just wait for him to be autolynched? Why waste a day lynching him?

I point at Zar Peter yet again in a shameless attempt to rip off Llama's shtick..er..I mean, because he's suspicious. Yeah.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-08, 01:20 PM
Xykon Fan walks towards the Frenchmen and ask them:

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail."

"We, zee French Kniggits of Castle Aaaaaargghhhh! 'ave been charrged to eensult and be verry nastee and obnoxious to zese Eengleesh-type peeple.
And you arre an Eenglieesh type perrzon. I zhall eensult you. Wee, zee French 'ave a verry silly accent and we orrderr all of you to go boil your bottoms! Especially you, you very zilly perzon - you are an empty food trough wiper. Now cower in fear of my ferocious nastee eensults!"
"Mon capitane! Wee 'ave zee vache."
"Fetchez le catapault. Wee zhall smash zees Eengleesh peeple and zere drinkeen 'ole."

"And yousir. You, wee already 'ave one of zose. Now begone from my sight before we fart een your general directee-on wunce more. Perpare zee bottom burps!"

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 01:34 PM
"Wait....Why are you loading that nice cow on the catapult? At least that's not my cow..."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-08, 01:42 PM
Llama, if he's a wolf, shouldn't we just wait for him to be autolynched? Why waste a day lynching him?

I point at Zar Peter yet again in a shameless attempt to rip off Llama's shtick..er..I mean, because he's suspicious. Yeah.
(
A)
Because on day 1, I see no reason to kill someone who may wish to play when there are possibly people who may not play.

B) I don't like to see people auto-lynched. It frustrates me, be they wolf or man.

C) If he's a wolf, wouldn't you rather have his blood on our hands then spilled by himself?

D) Even using your logic of "if he's a wolf, he'll be auto-lynched so why waste a kill" it can also be said "If he's a villager, why waste opening day lynching someone else, who will probably be a villager when we could lynch someone who is going to die anyway. " We need all the living villagers we can get near the end of the game. )

(Hehe: Good luck with that schtick. Its fun until it backfires on you.)

Skippy
2007-10-08, 01:46 PM
"We, zee French Kniggits of Castle Aaaaaargghhhh! 'ave been charrged to eensult and be verry nastee and obnoxious to zese Eengleesh-type peeple.
And you arre an Eenglieesh type perrzon. I zhall eensult you. Wee, zee French 'ave a verry silly accent and we orrderr all of you to go boil your bottoms! Especially you, you very zilly perzon - you are an empty food trough wiper. Now cower in fear of my ferocious nastee eensults!"
"Mon capitane! Wee 'ave zee vache."
"Fetchez le catapault. Wee zhall smash zees Eengleesh peeple and zere drinkeen 'ole."

"And yousir. You, wee already 'ave one of zose. Now begone from my sight before we fart een your general directee-on wunce more. Perpare zee bottom burps!"

A cow falls on Xykon Fan. He stays below the cow, motionless, for a few minutes. Then he moves, and a low voice can be heard.

"I'm not dead yet!"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-08, 01:48 PM
"Wait....Why are you loading that nice cow on the catapult? At least that's not my cow..."

"Wiz zee vache we zhall deestroy your feelthy watereeng 'ole and reeplace eet with a French whyn shop. And zen wee zhall zee who ees laugheeng on zee left foot." Turning to the catapault the French Kniggit shouts, "Loose zee catapault!"
Zee Moooooooooo!
A small French cow just misses hitting the Bar and smashes downthe benches and the like oustide the pub.
"Cursez! To zee castle!" With much clanking the knights run speedily back to the castle.
"Hah! You foolish perzon uder zee cow. Wee zhall ween yet." comes a distant shout.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 02:12 PM
:smallfurious:

Andre turns to look at the cow. The cow is stunned, but other than embarrasment is otherwise unharmed. He pats it on the head, then walks through the bar, down into his cellar, returns back up with his twin rapiers (one extremely distempered), walks out the back and begins practicing his dueling techniques.

STAB! "mutter mutter French invaders mutter"
STAB! STAB! STAB! STAB the straw filled practice dummies.

Crimmy
2007-10-08, 03:16 PM
((Looked at the number of this game? Five. Bwahahahaha...

Vonriel: I was talking to crimson mage))

Oh, yes, it will. Wanna be the new second-in-command? The last one got fried in the recent werewolf attack.

*sorry my mistake*

After realising the big mistake he made, Crimson Mage kept going down, until he found Akbar's shop, which oddly had the sign
"Traveling Cannon Shots"
*not a funnel with dinamite

so Crimson mage pays for the ride to the strange guy,to go to the castle of his brother-in-law, count Alucard, to escape the madness of the town, but after being shot, he ended up inside the tabern of Andre Fairchilde, more especifically, above the french cow, then bounced over it and got in front of the french capitane, so he tries to speak the little latin he knows:

Sacrosanctus Domine
Pecavi ignoviunt
Iuesus Christus Domine
Pax vobiscum venerunt

but suddenly gets astrong urgence to hit himself in the head with a piece of wood
After hitting himself, he Points at Zar Peter

Indurain
2007-10-08, 03:50 PM
Kill me?
I don't believe it.
Llama you betray me, my
Long time friend.

This stings deeply
Hurting my very being
Every breath bringing me closer to death

Lynching me for past indiscretions
Lowly, even for you
Almost wolfish one could say
Maybe, just maybe
Accusations should be headed your way.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-08, 03:55 PM
Kill me?
I don't believe it.
Llama you betray me, my
Long time friend.

This stings deeply
Hurting my very being
Every breath bringing me closer to death

Lynching me for past indiscretions
Lowly, even for you
Almost wolfish one could say
Maybe, just maybe
Accusations should be headed your way.

Not low. The way of my people. But if you desire to lynch me for my actions, I shall not fight back. I did raise my hoof to point at a friend and I will accept the repercussions of that action. Plus, I've never been lynched on the first day, I figure I'm due.

Freshmeat
2007-10-08, 04:03 PM
Indurain makes a convincing argument. And by convincing, I mean 'really pretty'.

Random point at detrevnisisht. On the first day (though personally I feel only then) it's probably best to point at people who might not even play at all. He hasn't posted yet, so I'm voting for him.
Yeah, that's a fairly weak argument. It also happens to be the first day, so sue me.

Shadow
2007-10-08, 04:08 PM
Indy, you just totally reminded me of a poem I wrote waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Like, before some of the forumites here were even born....

Acronym

Lying awake at night
Only thinking of her.
Visions of beauty cloud my mind.
Every beat of my heart, a song

Meant only for her to hear.
Every breath I take, a prayer
Answered always by her kiss.
No words have been invented to
Show my love for her.

Each moment we share is a
Moment I will cherish eternally.
Into my heart you have flown
Like an angel without wings.
You are all I know, all I see.

DarkCorax
2007-10-08, 04:12 PM
Corax finishes whittling and fletching the arrow and looks down it at (points at) Emperor Demonking.
"are you a werewolf?"

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-08, 04:25 PM
Salmon looks through his over-sized binoculars at CurlyKitGirl.

"Oh Blast! It's the french! And they're looking for Englishmen!" He inspects his monocle for a second and wipes it clean.

"Hmm, There's only one thing to do in this situation! Quick! Collect as many crumpets as you can! Put your top hats on immideatly! We may have a full-blown war on our hands!"

Zar Peter
2007-10-08, 04:58 PM
The tourists takes his room keys from Andre and runs upstairs.

Ohh, what a town of weirdos! Thies frenchmen are really frightening.

((Sorry, I can't switch into point mode with my character so I point OOC at detrevnisisht for the same reasons as Freshmeat_))

HyramGraff
2007-10-08, 06:11 PM
I think that these wolves are after this Eldritch Knight fellow. Let's kill him and rid ourselves of them.

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-08, 06:18 PM
Kill me? You would Kill me? Why would you seek to kill me if you believe the wolves are after me? It seems you wish to do them a favor by eliminating a percieved threat. EK points at HyramGraff

PirateMonk
2007-10-08, 06:21 PM
"Ah yes, detrevni, of course I remember him. He..."

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-08, 06:56 PM
The nervous twitchy man in the corner stands and says I swear i didn't do anything. *twitch* why would i do anything,.... wait you calling me a werewolf? oh ok i thought you were going to kill me for stealing from the suger fields *twitch twitch**a small pile of suger falls out of his pocket*wait there are werewolves about...? and you think i am one of them?
he stands up for a second, and , several seconds(and twitches) later says O dog on,i t'ndluoc eb a flowerew, yhw dluow uoy kniht taht. kool i ma gniraew a revlis ecalkcen thgir won. *shows small silver chain around neck* detrevnisisiht then noticed he was talking funny then takes a handful of suger and eats it Sorry i have a strange disability that causes me to talk backwards when my suger/blood levels are below 63.2%

(OOC note i go by detrevni or inverted my name only implies that detrevnisisiht=my name is inverted
[ok ok it was late alright i thought it was coo])

PirateMonk
2007-10-08, 06:59 PM
"Ah, yes, the sugar-eating lad, of course!"

huyneo
2007-10-08, 07:37 PM
A plane goes overhead as a black dot starts to fall out of the sky.
When the object is in sight it is actually a man. As the man falls out of the sky
he releases his parachute out from his backpack. Then abruptly is caught in a
tree very high above the ground.
Umm.. Can someone help me?!

Helgraf
2007-10-08, 07:38 PM
Indy, you just totally reminded me of a poem I wrote waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Like, before some of the forumites here were even born....

Acronym

Lying awake at night
Only thinking of her.
Visions of beauty cloud my mind.
Every beat of my heart, a song

Meant only for her to hear.
Every breath I take, a prayer
Answered always by her kiss.
No words have been invented to
Show my love for her.

Each moment we share is a
Moment I will cherish eternally.
Into my heart you have flown
Like an angel without wings.
You are all I know, all I see.

I used to write poems that used people's full names as the 'Column message'.

Helgraf
2007-10-08, 07:41 PM
To lynch or not to lynch, that is the question
Whether tis nobler to endure the claw and fang of werewolves
or to rise up in fierce opposition and put the noose to the neck ...

Ahh hell. Let's play kill the newcomer.

*points at detrevnisisht*

Better yet, find me someone I don't like, and I'll switch.

Edit: Ahh, someone gave me a reason to change my vote. Excellent. Happy trails detrevnisisht.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-08, 07:43 PM
^Agreed.
Points at detrevnisisht.

Endeavourl
2007-10-08, 08:37 PM
Umm.. Can someone help me?!

Endeavourl sticks the shaft end of his halberd up the tree

Go ahead, just hold on tight, and watch out for that sharp point.

After helping huyneo to the ground,

Best be careful around these parts, there be Werewolves running amok.

huyneo
2007-10-08, 08:53 PM
GAH!!! My eye!!
how sharp IS your shaft?

Shadow
2007-10-08, 08:55 PM
((Let's keep this rated PG please....:smallwink:))

Ariko
2007-10-08, 09:18 PM
Well..people here don't seem to trust this fellow, though his behavior seems no more suspicious to me than any others' eccentricities. Still..Noone else stands out to me just now, so..

Points at detrevnisisht.

Khaldan
2007-10-08, 10:13 PM
*points at detrinivi, and then shows him the fumble chart for Fumbles and fumbles an axe into shadow. (http://goblinscomic.com/d/20051223.html)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-08, 10:28 PM
After working off his :smallfurious:, Andre has relaxed more to a :smallsmile: mood. He has realized that the French are just being the French. They invade, they revolt, they are. C'est la vie.

Walking back into the bar, he hangs the rapiers on the wall behind the bar placing a skull and crossbones warning next to one of the rapiers.

"The last person that took care of the bar (Pwenet) did a fantastic job! But he left one account unpaid... I better find Fleeing Coward and see if I can receive the payment. I won't be able to pay the help without it! And then where would all the dancing girls be? Unemployed? We can't have unemployed dancing girls, now can we? Then it is decided. I must seek out Fleeing Coward and request he pay his bill.

Skippy
2007-10-08, 10:30 PM
Xykon Fan, after recovering from the cow massacre, gets up and points at Detrevnisisht just because his name is too darn hard to type.

Alarra
2007-10-08, 10:48 PM
*wanders in looking tired and frazzled and not wanting to look through the whole thread* You know, I don't approve of lynching newcomers.

*points at Radikalskippy

Skippy
2007-10-08, 10:50 PM
((So, I'm the fourth or so to join a bandwagon and therefore I'm the guilty one?))

*Change point towards Alarra*

Helgraf
2007-10-08, 11:40 PM
Helgraf shakes his head. "Yer shouldn't oughten't hae done that, laddie." He swung his axe three more times to finish felling the tree he was working on, then wiped the sweat from his brow.

"TIMBER!!"

Helgraf points at Radikalskippy*

"I tole e'eryone I just wanted a better reason to point at someone else ... and yer had ter go and give me one by pointin' at the sweet as Canadian Maple Syrup 'larra."

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-08, 11:52 PM
*wanders in looking tired and frazzled and not wanting to look through the whole thread* You know, I don't approve of lynching newcomers.

*points at Radikalskippy

So let's lynch impersonators!

*Points at Radikalskippy*

Skippy
2007-10-08, 11:55 PM
((So, just because Xykon Fan is a WW whenever he plays something, it means I'm one as well? That's not fair...))

Endeavourl
2007-10-09, 12:12 AM
Endeavourl trusts the guy with an axe better than the guy who is the target of cows launched from catapults. *Endeavourl points at radikalskippy*

Who knows, he might come up riding to the sounds of coconuts brought in by nonmigratory African swallows, and I certainly wouldn't want to see that.

Zar Peter
2007-10-09, 01:15 AM
Zar Peter watches the crowd.

Hmmm mabe this guy is reely a little suspective.

Pointing at radikalskippy

banjo1985
2007-10-09, 04:03 AM
Elroy looks around at the maurading frenchmen, falling cows and general madness. He looks incredibly puzzled, and not really sure of what's going on.

"Oooookay, and here was me thinking the Wolves were the worst of the madness! But you sir are the strangest of them all *points at detrevinisihts* "

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-09, 05:46 AM
The ghost of the sushi salesman drifts into town attempting yet again to sell the now moldy Mystery Meat Sushi.

"Mystery Meat Sushi for sale. 1 gc a piece. Now available with extra mold."

((The usual first day point at Shadow Almighty Salmon))

B-Man
2007-10-09, 06:30 AM
B-Man walks around, with coffee in hand, and finds the crowd of people pointing at others.

* B-Man points at PirateMonk.

He then lends on a lamppost and looks down at it. He finds another coupon. Delighted, B-Man grabs the coupon and runs to the coffee shop.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-09, 09:24 AM
Could someone from 'round here plese explain to me why that guy over there *points at Emperor Demonking* has sharp teeth and blood on his clothes?

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-09, 10:25 AM
"Corax are you accusing me of something, oh just wait for tonight." Says The Emperor. "Oh Skippy no one likes someone who inults a lady."
The emperor looks at the hippie. "Mr. Suspicious, I am a chicken farmer who was taught by my papy to sharpen my teeth everyday, to build up pain tolerance."

Ezlo
2007-10-09, 10:35 AM
Ezlo looks around at all the confusion, and hears the conversation about radicalskippy. Once he understands what is going on, he flies into a drunken hobo rage.

"Never, NEVER insult a woman! Never I tell you! They'll take your brains out if you're not careful!"

Skippy
2007-10-09, 11:50 AM
"Fine, then. I apologize for what happened, and retire my point. And then I'd like to point at douglas since he hasn't come here so far, and I think we should look for those who aren't playing on the first days...

Alarra
2007-10-09, 12:03 PM
Okay Skippy...because after talking to you I believe you to not be a wolf, and because you want to play so much, I'll retract my point. I know how much it sucks to die day 1 in a game you're really looking forward to playing. And you're right, we should target people that don't care about the game first, at least until we have more to go on. Whether Douglas is a good choice or no is hard to say, but I'll roll with it for now. *Changes her point to Douglas

Douglas
2007-10-09, 12:08 PM
Hey, I'm here. If you want to lynch a non-participant on day 1 you'll have to find someone else.

Now where's a good bandwagon to join...

Freshmeat
2007-10-09, 12:12 PM
Well, it's getting increasingly difficult to find a viable target here.

Hm, I'll change my point to Cult of the Raven, then.

Crimmy
2007-10-09, 01:20 PM
after hitting himself again for being a dope, he changes his vote to point randomly at douglas

Zar Peter
2007-10-09, 01:26 PM
Zar Peter attends in his room, opens the window and hears the voices of the street.

"Lynch the tourist, he's suspicous"

"No lynch him, he didn't say anything"

"Anything?"

"Oh, Ok, Why not lynch this guy? He looks like a werwolf in a village I left last year!"

"I apologize. I will cut my hair immediatly! Please let me life, I always wanted to stay in this town"

"Good and who shoud we lynch now?"

Hey, why not point at douglas? He didn't say anything!"

To be continued...

vv sorry, overlooked that

Shadow
2007-10-09, 02:34 PM
Mid-day update: Votes (in alphabetical order):
Warning: Huge Page Stretchy!
{table=head]Almighty Salmon|Andre Fairchilde|Atreyu the Masked Llama|Cult of the Raven|Detrevnisisht|douglas|Eldritch Knight|Emperor Demonking|Fleeing Coward|HyramGraff|Indurain|PirateMonk|Radikalskipp y|Zar Peter
Fleeing Coward | CurlyKitGirl | Indurain |Freshmeat | Ariko| Alarra| HyramGraff| DarkCorax| Almighty Salmon| Eldritch Knight| Atreyu the Masked Llama| B-Man|Emperor Demonking| Whitehelm
| | | | Banjo1985| Radikalskippy| | smellie_hippie| | | | | Endeavourl|
| | || Khaldan| Thecrimsonmage| | | | | | | Ezlo|
| | | | PirateMonk| Zar Peter| | | | | | | Helgraf|
| | | | | | | | | | | | Traveling Angel|
[/table]

Douglas
2007-10-09, 02:39 PM
Hey, why not point at douglas? He didn't say anything!"
Yes I did.

Hey, I'm here. If you want to lynch a non-participant on day 1 you'll have to find someone else.

Now where's a good bandwagon to join...

Hmm, big bandwagon that's not me... *Douglas points at radikalskippy*

Pwenet
2007-10-09, 03:52 PM
((The 4th wall weeps and screams in pain as Pwenet, tired from work and trying to get Zombies stuff done, shoves his non-character self through a portal and points at douglas before the 4th wall gets sick and tired of this and slaps him painfully out where it will.........))

huyneo
2007-10-09, 04:37 PM
Points at CurlykitGirl

All those french... this is probably their revenge
on those people... i forget... the... ummm...
some blood drips onto down from his eye
Oh yeah.... anyone have a band aid?

Indurain
2007-10-09, 07:13 PM
Doubtful that we'll get a wolf
Or will we?
Unless a bandwagon actually works
Guts of the innocent will likely be spilled
Llama, you escape my wrath for now
Although I'm keeping my eye on you
So for now, If Alarra trusts RS, I'll try to save him

Sneaky woman, I warn you though
Heed my words.
Allara, if RS is indeed a wolf
Lynching him will only precede
Lynching you.

How's everyone else doing
Alright? That's good to hear.
Now let's all get our butts in gear
Get them wolves and show no fear.

((Narrators...due to the nature of my previous post, it's a real pain in the arse to cross out my point. Do you mind just counting this one?))

Ariko
2007-10-09, 07:25 PM
True, Alarra seems to have good judgement. So I'l change my point to match hers for now.

*points at Douglas and hopes its not a mistake*

Endeavourl
2007-10-09, 07:47 PM
No self defense?, now I don't know if thats just bravery or honesty :smallsigh:

*change point to Douglas*

Douglas
2007-10-09, 08:13 PM
No self defense?, now I don't know if thats just bravery or honesty :smallsigh:

*change point to Douglas*
I tried that in WWC III (I think). It only worked because I was new to WW games and evnafets managed to put some evidence together from remarkably little data to divert the bandwagon, and my very narrow escape from lynching came with quite a bit of lasting suspicion.

Protesting a bandwagon hardly ever works unless either there are specific reasons for the bandwagon and you can refute them, or you have an important role and are willing to reveal that fact to everyone. I've tried the first* and everyone ignored it, and revealing an important special role would require that I actually have one.

*This bandwagon started because I hadn't posted yet and people wanted to lynch someone who was likely to be autolynched anyway so as to not kill an extra villager. I am, quite obviously, active in the game now, but none of my accusers seem to have noticed the disappearance of the basis for my bandwagon.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-09, 09:36 PM
Making excuses like that won't convince me...

*point at Douglas*

Vonriel
2007-10-10, 02:09 AM
(( Generally, to get a bandwagon like this off of yourself, you have to offer up another suitable target. Unfortunately, I think everyone is being active in this game so far, so there's no way to say "Hey! This guy hasn't done anything yet!" Personally, I don't like the first day for just this reason. ))

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-10, 05:03 AM
*points at douglas* than turns to b-man and his coffee Are you going to finish that

Shadow
2007-10-10, 05:22 AM
Douglas is bright before you all, arms
Outstretched in supplication.
Undeterred, his pleas for mercy
Go unheeded by the mob.
Leave me alone! douglas screams.
Ain't too likely.... Alarra answers.
Somewhere in the distance a wolf howls.

Why is it howling? Could it be
A plea for it's brethren?
Some believe this to be the case.

A rope is brought forth.

Violently douglas
Is dragged to stand before the
Lot of his accusers.
Leave me alone, I beg you! he pleads.
A moment later the trapdoor
Goes down.
Everyone stares blankly as they
Realize their mistake.

douglas was lynched.
Follow Indy's lead to find out his role.

Day 1 ends.
Night begins and will end in approximately 24 hours.
PM all relevant actions to both Zeb and Shadow.

Sorry this is so late. For some reason I though day was scheduled to end tomorrow night.
I need sleep now.

banjo1985
2007-10-10, 05:28 AM
^ Very very clever...I like!

Elroy shakes his head in dissapointment as Douglas' role becomes clear. With nothing to say, he heads off back to his hut.

Crimmy
2007-10-10, 07:50 AM
After passing all the afternoon inside the french castle and pointing at douglas, the Crimson Mage realizes the mistake he did, and giving a new blood oath for his own blood, the ever-lasting enemies of the werewolves, starts to imagine how to spend the night in other place that is NOT the french castle, and still be safe from an attack of the werewolves.

After thinking a lot, and not having a good idea, he simply decides to sleep outside of the gates, and hope that he WAKES in the morning

B-Man
2007-10-10, 09:24 AM
B-Man looks at detrevnisisiht and hisses. He then runs to his house, cradling his coffee. A note drifts to detrevnisisiht. It reads:

Don't touch my coffee.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-10, 09:30 AM
*The Tinker walks back into the taverns with a blanched look on his face*

You all hang people here!? What the hell kinda place did I get myself stranded in!? C'mon... somebody around here's gotta have some wood-working skills to help me fix my wagon!

*checks the clock against the wall*

Alright alright... I'll get some sleep first, but I'm definately gonna need some help in the morning.

*smellie_hippie find an available room at the inn, and locks the door, and slides the dresser next to the window... then pushes the bed against the door...*

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-10, 10:20 AM
"Yes I need sleep, yes sleep." The Emperor looks around putting on new clothes. "Of course sleep."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-10, 10:36 AM
"Aha! Zese fooleesh Eenglish typesah 'ave keeled won of zere own. Pear'aps eef wee wait zey weel keel each ozere qweeklee. But zen wee weel 'ave no fun. Ahh, I 'ave an idea. Prepare a dawn bombarrrdment of ducks, cheekens, vache and...raspbeareez."
"Capitane! wee cannot do zat. Eet ees mowst despeecable behaveor eendeed. And zome of zem are not Eengleesh typsa."
"Zey 'ave been conzorteeng weeth Eengleesh perzonz 'aven't zey? And zey zeek to invade our castle? Wee 'ave already 'ad won invader een our fortress. Zey must bee inzulted unteel zere ears burrn from embarrassment!"
"Weel zat bee at dawn also?"
"Oui. Makkit zo numbear won."
"Oui mon Capitane."

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-10, 06:35 PM
((Now, that is awesome, even if the "before some forumites were born" applies to me. If you have the creative juices to do that at all, I salute you.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-11, 01:05 AM
Ah, a bar. What finer place can you think of to go and drink away your worries and plan a werewolf lynching. Well, of course the werewolves are none to fond of people gathering to plan against them, it seems.

Andre closes up shop and goes to lock the doors before heading to bed. Barn door, check. Front door, check. Back door,che---

He's met by a low rumble from the throat of large beast. But that's all the warning he gets. Before he has time to react he's grabbed by the throat so that he can't call for help and dragged out into the alleyway where he can see that his fate has been determined. And it has been determined by those with ill intentions.

The wolves don't hesitate to tear him to pieces and retreat into the night. The only thing the townspeople find in the morning is a few tattered bits of clothing and a tavern that didn't open on time.

Summary: Andre Fairchilde was killed by wolves. He was a villager.

Day 2 begins and will end around 2am eastern time on Saturday, 10/13.

banjo1985
2007-10-11, 04:37 AM
Elroy steps out into the morning light, stretching his arms and squinting inthe sun. As his eyes begin to focus, he sees the mess near the tavern that used to be Andre.

"That poor poor guy, he's been living in this town since I was just a boy. I sure hope they didn't get in the tavern to kill that tourist too. Don't worry fella, these wolves will pay for what they've done to you."

Elroy looks round for someone suspicious to point at.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-11, 05:52 AM
(Andre continues to haunt his tavern.)

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-11, 05:55 AM
The Emperor, throws some chicken entrails on the floor, in his already ripped clothes, looking at it he says. "the french did it, especially CurlyKitGirl."

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-11, 06:00 AM
"Oh blast.. that poor tavern owner was killed.. That's indeed a shame.."

Salmon wanders around looking for suspicious people.

EDIT: *Points at Demonking*

@v: (If i had a penny for everytime i heard that one :smalltongue: )

Lord Magtok
2007-10-11, 06:13 AM
Magtok mutters something about paying more attention this ths game, and groggily points at the Salmon.

That one over there looks kinda fishy to me.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-10-11, 06:22 AM
Golden finally shows up, after having been lurking in the shadows all day yesterday. she's a cute little wyrmling, who walks into the town with a cautious air. Sitting calmly on her back is a black kitten. Golden swishes her tail, and walks up to Magtok.
Hello Mr. Magtok. Do you know where some food might be?

Ariko
2007-10-11, 11:52 AM
Looks more than a little green at the gory mess. "You seem rather quick to start with the accusations, Demonking, considering the horrible mistake we made yesterday. Quick, and comfortable around blood and guts.." Turns a bit more green and excuses herself.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-11, 12:01 PM
"Oh yes hate the poor chicken farmer .You didn't mind when the innkeeper served chicken. Or at least most of us didn't. I don't think the french one likes chicken." The Empeoror advanced on Ariko, before stopping. "You don't have any silver on you do you?"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-11, 12:15 PM
A timid French squire approaches Le Capitane carefully. "Mon Capitane, zere ees a leetle problem.""What? What ees zear zat could also go wrong?"
"Umm, umm, umm, zee Barman ees dead. Murdared by zese theengs zey call Werewolfs."
"Werewolfs? Pah! I bet zey alzo speek of Ankou and Wampryres of zee Night."
"Oui Capitane. One of zese Eengleesh peg-dogs zays 'ees papa was een London -"
"Not London! What ees eat?!"
"In zee filthy muck city of zee peeg-doggy Eengleesh zonz and 'eirs uv mongrell dogs."
"Parfait! Hyper chouette! My enemee ees murdared and zese figments of zee fevaired imaginashun ov Eengleesh scum are stal-keen our countree. Mannifique!"
"What should we do?"
"Fetch the monstair ov Cairbannogg! Wee shall use eet to defeet zees Werewolf infestashion. And 'oo waz zees man 'oo was eenvolved wiz zee Wampryes?"
"M. Deemonkeeng Capitane."
"Releese zee Taunteen wiz Eleg-ance Squadron numbear 3! 'ee shall be taunted unteel 'ee cries for mercee."

Freshmeat
2007-10-11, 12:55 PM
(That is a surprisingly accurate depiction of the common Frenchman. :smallbiggrin: )

[Also: point at Jontom Xire.
Reason: he hasn't voted yet. Yes, that's the same reason as yesterday, but unlike most other werewolf variants, we're not under any real pressure, as there's no recruiter.
Until we get enough information to make serious accusations, I'd say we might just as well err on the side of caution and kill off inactive players.

El edito: Kantur then, I guess.]

Shadow
2007-10-11, 12:58 PM
((To be fair, JX has filed an away notice. He's not inactive due to not caring, he's inactive due to the fact that he's not at a computer. He'll be returning in a few days and you can be certain that he'll be active at that time (I mean, it's JX). I just thought it was fair to point out.
I am by no means trying to sway the vote any particular way, but JX isn't here to defend at the moment. Lynch him or not. It's your choice. That is all.))

Skippy
2007-10-11, 01:00 PM
((Freshmeat's got a point here.))

Xykon Fan, after checking his online WW games at the Giant In The Playground Forums, begins analyzing the strange coincidences between the games and RL, where Zeb's Shadow begins getting restless after the killing of Andre Fairchilde.

"Jontom Xire, why are you so silent?"

EDIT: Ninja'd by Shadow's post, it would be unfair to do it.

Zar Peter
2007-10-11, 01:55 PM
Zar Peter wakes up and goes downstairs to consume his breakfast.

Was is that? Mr. Barkeeper! Oh nein!! These bloody wolfes. Now I must making breakfast for my own self. Mr. Emperor Demonking? Could you help me please!

evnafets
2007-10-11, 03:17 PM
A man dressed in all black enters the pub. He is looking rather melancholy, muttering under his breath something about the French, and how they're a bunch of cheats, and the ref was blind.

Barkeep! I'd like a room please! Barkeep?

Crimmy
2007-10-11, 03:21 PM
The Crmison Mage had awoken even bafore the wolves had entered and killed poor old Andre, and after seeing some fluffy shadows running through the woods, he thought it was a good idea to follow them, but then the Hollow Curse began:
All of his original clothes were ripped apart, and his yellow eyes turned to red,
all he could do was wait for the transformation to end, and when it did, he was so tired he could only think of sleeping.

The next morning he was nearly killed by two things:
-the third french squadron almost ran over him
-his ears were about to implode because of the french taunting
so all he could do was to ask the french Capitane what the frig was happening:

"Zat barman waz killed by somm nasty werewolfs, and Monsieur Demonkeeng iz ann allai to soze Wampyres"
so CM, went over and followed the french to get Emperor Demonking

Zar Peter
2007-10-11, 03:58 PM
Zar Peter goes from the kitchen to the dining room as he hear evnafets.
He looks at his cellular, than at the spot where Andre was found, than at the bar and decides.
He strolls to the bar

Ayup, you wanting room? Wir have great room up there with a nice look over the town and it smells only half as much as the room beside the toilet I got yesterday. You want with breakfast, too?
And I must insist that you pay first, it seems that it is not unlickly some of our guests aren't very talkative after the morning.

Endeavourl
2007-10-11, 04:14 PM
Endeavourl arrives at the tavern, thinking to get a job here. *mutters oath*, Werewolves here too, eh? Emperor Demonking, you wouldn't have any idea why I can't seem to find a job around here, now would you?

evnafets
2007-10-11, 04:24 PM
Yeah mate, I'm after a room. Came over for the World Cup Rugby but those chokers have been knocked out early (damn the French, and the Ref). Seems got a few days with nothing to do, so I thought I'd tour the countryside a little with the rest of my holiday.

* Looks at the new barkeep. *
You're not French are you? I don't like the French that much right now.

Zar Peter
2007-10-11, 04:40 PM
Nein, nein, no french at all.
And for this rugby thingie, I really am sorry that this chokers, whoever they are, were kicked out.
Don't think my country has a team for this sport but you can't have everything.
But I heard there are a bunch of french in this town, celebrating and throwing cows and such stuff.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-11, 04:50 PM
A French Kniggit clanks into the bar, "What ees thees about Rrrugbee? Ees thees a reel spor'? Eet zounds like a funee theeng eenvolveeng prranceeng around a feeld like a poncee son uf a mongrrrel dog?"
A hushed whisper comes from the vicinity of the doo. "C'est le foot!"
"Foootball, Rrrugbee. Zey all eenvove a bal et manee men runneng around oui? Zen eet ees the same."

DarkCorax
2007-10-11, 04:55 PM
Corax steps out of his hut and yawns, only for it to become a choke when he realises what has happened, he points at Kantur. "You, you're quiet, what are you hiding?"

((I would rather point at an auto-lynchee at the moment until we have more substantial evidence...))

evnafets
2007-10-11, 05:21 PM
Good ta hear you're not a Frog. Sorry - I have a hard time understending the accents of all you foreign types? Let alone tellin' whos accent is what eh?
Why can't ya all just speak English as she is spoke? Take that bloke in the metal suit just there. Any idea what he was just sayin? I can't make head or tail of it myself.

Yah I'll take the room mate. How much?
* Slaps some money down on the counter *

North
2007-10-11, 05:51 PM
Crivens! Whatre ye all trryin to say. Ah dinnae kin unerstan th' whole lof of yeh! Emperor Demonking! Can ye parley voo the francy?

HyramGraff
2007-10-11, 06:02 PM
You know, my grandmother once told me that werewolves are a lot like cats. I think we should rid ourselves of that cat lover CurlyKitGirl.

Vonriel
2007-10-11, 08:20 PM
Vonriel stands scratching his chin, and checks in the odd metal box again. Still empty. Sighing, he taps Kantur on the shoulder. After getting his attention, he holds up a sign. "Know when the mail is gonna arrive?"

evnafets
2007-10-11, 09:24 PM
evnafets heads up to his room to dump his stuff.

He sees Khaldan fumbling around in the hall. Hah - you fumble worse than those chokers who lost the game last week.

evnafets points at Khaldan

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-11, 10:01 PM
Indurain is evil. He hides actions in anagrams. He is trying to be deceitful. We must stop him.

I point at Indurain

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-11, 10:29 PM
*point at Emperor Demonking*

Skippy
2007-10-11, 10:34 PM
Xykon Fan, stunned after the ninja attack of The Ghastly And Mysterious Voice of the Fourth Wall and the announcement of JX's absense (sp?), sits a moment to think, and then points at Emperor Demonking

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-11, 10:44 PM
Indurain is evil. He hides actions in anagrams. He is trying to be deceitful. We must stop him.

I point at Indurain

Now that at first looks suspicious. But as I have read through a mountain of archives, this isn't abnormal for Atreyu.

Points at Emperor Demonking.

((Yes, I read more archives than is really healthy, but it is such an interesting thing to do. And it helps, like now. ))

Shadow
2007-10-11, 10:45 PM
((*is glad that his hard work with Central is appreciated*))

Alarra
2007-10-11, 11:15 PM
(^ we appreciate you very much)

Alarra prances about singing merrily, "Lynch lynch lynch the demonic emperor!"

Realizing by the confused looks that her song could really refer to either Emperor, she stops to clarify who is the target by pointing at Emperor Demonking.

whitehelm
2007-10-11, 11:58 PM
points at Demonking

banjo1985
2007-10-12, 04:19 AM
Elroy, while looking around for a likely suspicious type, sees the french and a lot of the native townspeople pointing at Emperor Demonking.

"Have I seen you round here before. These folks here seem to think you're mighty suspicious, I gotta say I agree with 'em."

Kantur
2007-10-12, 04:23 AM
Kantur turns to Vonriel

"Nope, heard there was a postal strike. Though that might be elsewhere..."

*Point at Emperor Demonking

huyneo
2007-10-12, 06:20 AM
Finally finding a band aid for his eye he finally comes into the bar.
"In need a drink!"
Checks his pockets
"Crap! I lost my wallet!"
Goes back outside

Points at Curlykitgirl

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-12, 07:22 AM
detrevni Point at demonking, but his hand is twitching so much its hard to tell.

B-Man
2007-10-12, 08:56 AM
B-Man walks through the square, still looking for clues; coffee in hand. He bumps into several NPCs and signals to them a sign of apology.

He finally finds his way to where all the pointing is taking place and he assesses the scene.

* B-Man points at Emperor Demonking.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-10-12, 09:05 AM
The gnome illusionist for the town comes out amongst all the pointing and blaming and decides to join in. With a little smirk he Points at CurlyKitGirl just to mix give the supporters of demonking a run for their money.

smellie_hippie
2007-10-12, 09:59 AM
*The old tinker glares at Emperor DemonKing*

I thought you was suspicious last night, all covered in blood and all... but you make a good point, so I'll not join this lynch mob. For now...

*The tinker then points at CurlyKitGirl*

YOU on the other hand... something strikes me as odd about you... :smallconfused:

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-12, 10:21 AM
"Point at Curlykitgirl." Says the emepor not at me. "I'm the scryer."

Freshmeat
2007-10-12, 10:58 AM
A-ha! Drama! Now it's getting interesting!

Still, señor Demonking, I'm afraid you'll have to do a little better than that to convince us. On the - let's admit it - off-chance that you really are the seer, and are not just saving your own hide, how about the following alternative:

For now, we lynch someone who's apparently not playing (whatever the reason for that might be), such as (according to my notes) Jontom Xire, dragonprime or raiser_b1ade. (changed point, see below)
Two or three people then message you, whom you will scry in the next couple of days. After every night, you PM them the results of your scry attempt, and if it's correct, they merely need to say so in this thread (without necessarily exposing what the result what - just whether you were able to correctly determine it, yes or no). Repeat the same method with at least one more person - maybe even two - to rule out the possibility of 'lucky guessing' and we'll be well underway in finding out whether you're telling the truth or not. Without running the risk of killing off an important role.

Suffice it to say that this means the baner will have to protect you for the next two or three days, and - if you are the seer - pretty much for the rest of the game as well.

Of course...that's quite the elaborate plan. Chances are, you'll probably get lynched anyway (by virtue of a large number of people unwilling or incapable of changing their votes before the night phase arrives).

So let's hear the following:
- Demonking: Do you still stand by your claim that you're the seer? If you were kidding, now would be the time to say so, before possibly annoying everyone and their dog here.
- All the others: If he does stand by his claim, are you all willing to go along with this plan and change your vote, at least for the time being?

Addendum 1: If it turns out you're the fool, well, I suppose that'd be tough luck. Expect us to lynch you.
Addendum 2: It would be preferable if, sometime during the next couple of days, you were scried by whoever was also told they were the seer. (this is to prevent the devil from pretending to be the seer). Of course, the veracity of that person's words would need to be determined first to make sure we don't lynch the seer because of accusations made by the fool.

Granted, given the large amount of people ready to kill you, and the immense lack of people willing to defend you, you're probably not with the werewolves. Still, it's a possibility that shouldn't be overlooked.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-12, 11:07 AM
"I stick to my claim." Says the emperor. "But wouldn't a werewolf, lie ansay I made it up."

Skippy
2007-10-12, 11:13 AM
I don't wanna take risks. I retire my previous point and point at Raiser B1ade.

Zar Peter
2007-10-12, 11:31 AM
I don't want to be guilty have killed a so important person of this town!

The tourist (and now barkeeper) claims.

I point at Raiser_B1ade

DarkCorax
2007-10-12, 11:40 AM
"A seer in this village... why I never... We can't risk loosing you." Switches point to Curlykitgirl, the next biggest bandwagon.

((EDK seems to have a rather large bandwagon against him, it will take a fair bit to throw it off. It might also be a good idea for the other "seer" to scry him tonight to confirm what he is saying because as far as I understand the Fool always scrys the Seer as Fool and vice versa, and it is *really* bad to have the Seer revealed this early...))

Edit: Current Vote Tally:
Emperor Demonking:
Almighty Salmon
Ariko
CurlyKitGirl
Thecrimsonmage
Endeavourl
DarkLightDragon
Traveling_Angel
Alarra
whitehelm
banjo1985
Kantur
huyneo
detrevnisisiht

Almighty Salmon:
Lord Magtok

Lord Magtok:
Cult_of_the_Raven

CurlyKitGirl:
HyramGraff
Gnome Barbarian
smellie_hippie
Emperor Demonking
DarkCorax
B-Man

Vonriel:
Kantur

Khaldan:
evnafets

Indurain:
Atreyu the Masked LLama

raiser_b1ade:
Freshmeat_
radikalskippy
Zar Peter

B-Man
2007-10-12, 11:49 AM
B-Man is seen scribbling some notes on a sign. The sign reads:

I can see four outcomes:

1. Demonking is the Devil (or a wolf) and he is trying to pass himself off as the Seer so that he doesn't die this round. The Devil is highly valuable for the wolves at this point in time.

2. Demonking is the Fool and doesn't want to die.

3. Demonking is the true Seer and we can't have him die.

or

4. Demonking is a villager (or special village role) and doesn't want to die.

Well, I'm not willing to sacrifice a possible seer, so I'll change my point.

B-Man then lowers the sign.

* B-Man points at CurlyKitGirl.

Ariko
2007-10-12, 02:38 PM
To all the people voting for Emperor Demonking, I want to make it clear, I did not intend to start this bandwagon. It was simply a reaction to his deciding to randomly point at someone right away, after our sad losses recently, rather than waiting for a discussion, this more than any other piece of evidence against him. If you really do feel hes guilty, go ahead and point, but I'm inclined to give hime the benefit of the doubt after what has been said. And so, after going over the discussion, my point will shift towards..

CurlyKitGirl

Alarra
2007-10-12, 04:26 PM
Continues to dance and spin until she gets smacked in the head by a sign and pauses to read it. "Well, that's a point....I'd rather not risk the possibility."

*Changes point to Curly

Indurain
2007-10-12, 05:29 PM
Even if I were to forgive
Misspelling your own name
Perahaps going so far as to
Even forgive that the word was Emperor
Regarding of course a word I hold dear
On top of all that you make the
ROOKIE MISTAKE!

Dear Dragonking
Everyone knows you never...EVER...say
Aaaaahhhhh...Um...um...I'm the Seer.
Dead Man Walking.

evnafets
2007-10-12, 05:55 PM
Lynching your seer would be like taking your best player off the field, and playing a man down. Definitely NOT a good tactic.
That Emporer fellow is fairly certain NOT to be a wolf. He was the first to accuse someone today. And as a result, called the bandwagon down on himself.

But why curly?
evnafets points at CurlyKitGirl

Endeavourl
2007-10-12, 06:05 PM
raiser_b1ade, now that name seems familiar. Where have I heard that one before?

Crimmy
2007-10-12, 06:14 PM
The Crimson Mage starts thinking if it is a good idea to stay in the woods, so he enters the bar that Zar peter owns now, and asks for a room, always hiding himself from crosses and sunlight.
then he shows a bag full of gold and after paying, goes to close all of the windows in his room with black cloth
After a while decides to start a soliloquy:
"Why try lynching the seer?, thats a good question indeed, maybe to make other fall for it and make them think he's not the bad guy, maybe because someone told him to, but at the same time, somebody else must want him out, so that means he might be dangerous to the werewolves.....

What to do???
(starts reading "the Call Of Cthulhu")

Shadow
2007-10-12, 07:39 PM
current votes (in alphabetical order ):
{table=head]CurlyKitGirl|Indurain|[b]Emporer Demonking|Lord Magtok|Raiser B1ade|Almighty Salmon|Kantur
Ariko|Llama|Banjo|Cult_Raven|endeavourl|Magtok|Von riel
B_Man||Curly||Freshmeat||
DarkCorax||DLD||Skippy||
Demonking||inverted||ZP||
evnafets||Indy||||
Gnome Barb||Kantur||||
Huyneo||North||||
HyramGraff||thecrimsonmage||||
hippie||Trav Angel||||
||Whitehelm||||
[/table]The following players need to vote before the end of the game day or be auto-lynched:

Dragonprime
Raiser B1ade

Khaldan
2007-10-12, 07:44 PM
DEATH TO THE EMPORER!

Freshmeat
2007-10-12, 09:50 PM
Change point to curlykitgirl.

huyneo
2007-10-12, 10:06 PM
Edit: Current Vote Tally:
Emperor Demonking:
Almighty Salmon
Ariko
CurlyKitGirl
Thecrimsonmage
Endeavourl
DarkLightDragon
Traveling_Angel
Alarra
whitehelm
banjo1985
Kantur
huyneo
detrevnisisiht

Almighty Salmon:
Lord Magtok

Lord Magtok:
Cult_of_the_Raven

CurlyKitGirl:
HyramGraff
Gnome Barbarian
smellie_hippie
Emperor Demonking
DarkCorax
B-Man

Vonriel:
Kantur

Khaldan:
evnafets

Indurain:
Atreyu the Masked LLama

raiser_b1ade:
Freshmeat_
radikalskippy
Zar Peter

I am pretty sure i didn't vote for Demonking, can you look back?

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-12, 10:14 PM
Points at Curly

whitehelm
2007-10-13, 03:46 AM
changes point to Curly

Did I make it in time? Is the potential seer saved?

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-13, 03:59 AM
Supplied by the deceased:

As dusk falls over the village of Zeb's Shadow ominous gothic music drifts over the space between the French Castle and the pitiful village.
As the castle gates slowly creak open the music becomes louder and louder until it seems the very earth is vibrating with sound.
"Ah sayd to stop zat eenfairnal muzic you fooliss Kniggit. 'ave you been takeen to zese Peeg-dogs agayn?" bellows le Capitane as he strives to be heard against the muisc. Abashed, the kniggit playing the organ stops. "Zorree Capitane."
"Men. Forrrwaaarrd!" a clamoruos clanking replaces the music as full score of Frenck kniggits go forth to rid the world of Eenglishers.
"Do wee 'ave zee monstair?"
"Oui. Eet keelled ten ov us, but eet was cawt."
"In zat case; I zink we are close eenoff to rreeleese ze monster. After all, it weel bee ovair qweekly eenoff. Release zee monstair Rabbeet Of Caerbannog!!" Quavering with fear the four Kniggits bearing the cage lower it and open it. The dread monster with big pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile wide hops out of the cage. And turns around. With a gleam in its terrible, terrible pink eyes.
"O non. Eet ees fewer-eeus. Rrun!" The Kniggiots turn to the Castle and try to flee.

The Beast hunts them down and tears through the plate-steel with horrifying ease. To the curious and aghast watchers the sound of a can opener ripping through metal can be heard to close for comfort.
The Rabbit, ends the carnage with a last ripping at the throat of le Capitane and faces the villagers. Blood dripping off its muzzle and a vicously victorious air about it. It advances towards the the village. Slowly, leiisurely.
Panicking, the inhabitants scatter. Leaving only a meagre assortment of Holy Men and Knights in between the Rabbit and Zebs' Shadow.
"Count to three if we wish to live, my Lord.
"And this Holy Grenade shall destroy the Devil Rabbit?" asked Arthur, pulling out the pin. "Yes my King."
"One...Two...Four..."
"Three, my King."
"Three!" Throwing the Grenade at the Rabbit the Knights and Holy Men run for it; out of this thread and into the film they belong to.
The Holy Grenade lands in front of the Rabbit. Incensed it launches its furry bady at the Grenade. To late. The Grenade exploded and blew the Dread Rabbit of Caerbannog to pieces. And the villagers rejoiced for they were not dead.

Summary: CurlyKitGirl was lynched. She was a villager.

Night 2 begins and will end sometime Sunday morning on the US east coast.

Freshmeat
2007-10-13, 04:20 AM
(Could you give us a quick update on Raiser B1ade and dragonprime? Were they autolynched?)

whitehelm
2007-10-13, 04:33 AM
Alright! That was a close one.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-13, 06:02 AM
Golden finally shows up, after having been lurking in the shadows all day yesterday. she's a cute little wyrmling, who walks into the town with a cautious air. Sitting calmly on her back is a black kitten. Golden swishes her tail, and walks up to Magtok.
Hello Mr. Magtok. Do you know where some food might be?

Hmm, suspiciously hiding in the shadows?

Alright I'm back, and the first thing I would like to say is Nobody tell Demonking your roles. He could be the devil.

Number two is that Freshmeat's plan is interesting but also has some potential flaws that could let the werewolves in. It seems to be written to get the baner to contact Demonking. There's a high chance that Demonking will only get villagers anyway. If Demonking is the fool and scries a werewolf and two villagers as villagers, then everyone thinks he's the seer and the scried werewolf gets cleared as a villager. The same tactic would work if Demonking were the devil.

A better plan is for Demonking to announce his planned scries, and for anyone else who thinks he's the seer to also scry that person. Demonking then announces his result (ok this does make a menu for the werewolves if he's the seer) unless he finds a role, and then when a discrepancy is found...umm I haven't worked that bit out yet.

Evnafets, help me out here, please.

The point is we need to settle this quickly because every night gives the wolves more chance to find the baner and if Demonking ISN'T the seer we want the baner protecting him or herself.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-13, 06:06 AM
This turn someone asked me to scry them, so I'll scry them.

Freshmeat
2007-10-13, 07:42 AM
Another possibility:
Great, the forum ate my post. Anyway:
- The baner doesn’t need to contact Demonking. Just protect him. No communication between these two is required.
- My first plan had taken scry interference into account. Of course, in werewolf classic there is no scry inference. Argh.
- It doesn’t really matter who Demonking scries. If he’s in league with the wolves, he’ll just get the devil to scry for him, and he could pretend to be the seer indefinitely.
- We need the seer/fool (who is or are still out there) to scry Demonking tonight. They then tell their results to a trustworthy intermediary tomorrow (see below).

What we want to avoid is situations like the following: Tomorrow someone publicly claims to have scried Demonking as the fool. That pretty much means (barring a few unlikely circumstances) that we know that Demonking and Mister X are the fool and seer, but not who’s who yet. Which means we’ll run a 50% risk of losing the seer that night, since the baner can only protect one person.

If a trustworthy person were to act as an intermediary however, he or she can put together all information and come to a reasonable conclusion without having to expose anyone’s role. The question is, who? We can’t publicly choose someone (as the wolves would just kill that person, thus shutting down communication).
Therefore, a mason needs to contact Demonking. He has several people with him who know (for a fact) that he’s not a wolf. Demonking then scries that person, and, if he is a mason, Demonking simply has to announce that person’s identity tomorrow. This means we’ll have a reliable person who will almost definitely be alive tomorrow.
The fool and seer (who have to scry Demonking) then contact that person, who merely has to put together the informaton given to him. We’ll probably need one more day after that to figure things out with 100% certainty.

A few remarks:
If a wolf pretends to be the mason, Demonking only needs to expose his identity tomorrow, once he gets his scry result.
If a wolf pretends to be the mason, but Demonking is the fool (and won’t know when he’s dealing with a wolf and when he isn’t), the masons will have to expose Demonking’s candidate the next day.

(As you can see, this plan is not entirely favorable to masons. My reasoning is as follows: once we find the seer – the real one – we no longer have need of them. We’ll be united under the seer’s command, whom we can trust in unerringly (as there is no recruiter). It doesn’t matter if some people have slightly more information than others – whomever the seer points at, we point at as well, right? Besides, if the wolves try to act like masons, we’ll know which side we should be on once the first corpse falls.)

Of course... Demonking’s candidate will probably die on the following night. I consider than an acceptable price to pay, as someone will die that night anyway. As long as it's not the baner or the seer, I'm fine with that.
With this method, we'll have one uncorruptable candidate who has access to all information, and can use it to figure out the identities of all parties involved. This person will also have to appoint a successor whose identity he informs to all parties involved (through PM, not publicly).

Summary (for those uninterested in reading the above):
Tonight:
- Mason contacts Demonking.
- Demonking scries mason
- Fool/Seer scries Demonking

Tomorrow:
- Demonking announces the mason’s identity
- Fool/Seer contact the mason and tell him their scry results
- Mason tries to figure things out. Is Demonking the devil? Is he the fool or seer?
- Mason orders whichever party he deems fit to scry a person of his choosing, so he can determine who’s the fool and who’s the seer.
- Mason appoints a successor, and informs (through PM) that person’s identity to all parties involved.

The day after tomorrow:
- [mason 1 was probably killed during the night]
- Mason 2 gets the results he needs. From that point on, we should have a confirmed seer whose identity he can announce, and who the baner can protect every night.

I'll repeat what happens if wolves or the devil are involved:
- Demonking is the devil or a wolf: The seer/fool will know, at which point correct measures can be taken.
- Demonking's candidate is actually a wolf: Demonking scries him, and exposes him the next day.
- Both the candidate and Demonking are wolves: The real masons interfere and announce that Demonking's candidate is not one of them. The candidate gets lynched as a cautionary measure. If the masons speak the truth, we'll also lynch Demonking (just to be on the safe side). If the masons lie, we'll lynch them instead on the following days.
- The candidate is a wolf, but Demonking is not: If Demonking is the fool, his scry result might not be correct and he may place his trust in a wolf. If that turns out to be the case, the masons will once again expose the candidate, and we'll have to l ynch Demonking anyway (since we won't know whether he really didn't know, or tried to fool us). The worst-case scenario in this case is the loss of the fool, which doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-10-13, 08:01 AM
Golden thinks, and agrees with Mr. Freshmeat.
That seems to be a good, if complicated, plan. I vote we go with this, if Mr. Demonking hasn't already scried someone. Now, do you have any food?

Jontom Xire
2007-10-13, 09:56 AM
once we find the seer – the real one – we no longer have need of them

Not true. If the wolves find the baner we lose both seer and baner in two successive nights.

In the end game a good network of trust (masons being the easy one) elminates potential candidates making it not only easier to find wolves, but also to control the lynch vote to ensure that masons don't get lynched. I have played several games as a mason or member of a good trust network, and in one particular game we won because I just went through my list of survivors going "mason, mason, trusted, mason, don't know, trusted, trusted" etc. etc. and lynching all the "don't know"s.

In fact to a degree the masons are possibly more useful in the long run than the seer/baner combo.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-13, 10:05 AM
(Ghostly Andre pours the ghostly Frenchmen (Curly) some wine in the tavern.

"I'm sorry, but now you have to haunt here. You can't even go home...")

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-13, 10:54 AM
"Ah am zorree but Ah donut undarestand what you mean. Wee are not dead. Een fact, Ah theenk Ah am geteeng betair."
"Capitane; Ah theenk zee Killair Rabbit of Caerbannog keeled us."
"Donut bee ridikerlus. 'ow can a tinee leetle Eenglish weapon ov mass deestruk-shon defeet us French Kniggits? Wee are alive! ANd now wee have zee barman wee can taunt heem unteel he runs home cryeeng to hees Mumee."
A French Kniggit pulls Andre aside, "He always waz 'eavee on zee deeniall."

banjo1985
2007-10-13, 11:14 AM
(Well I missed out on the chance to change my point, and it looks like that was fortunate!)

Elroy looks up sadly at the swinging french villager.

"Darn shame, we'll soon see whether the Emperor is telling us the truth."

Crimmy
2007-10-13, 07:55 PM
You should have voted for the Demonking, he used that "seer" thingie to create a WIFOM, if someone uses a WIFOM, he usually does it to make you doubt

Khaldan
2007-10-13, 10:31 PM
... I think that this forum has made me go insane. HOW many times has the 'but I'm the seer, don't lynch me' defense bbeen used? How many times is it listened to? this isn't right, espicially with the fact that we have a new player doing this and getting support. I think that not only is he the devil, but the wolves lynched curly to save demon.

GET HIM!

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-14, 03:22 AM
We'll find out once it turns to morning either way. The other scrier(s) will almost certainly scry him tonight and if they don't get the expected fool result from the scry, they're probably going to let us know using their night one scry as proxy.
That is assuming the wolves doesn't attack him tonight taking a chance that the baner decided to protect himself even after the claims.
As for one of the wolves claiming that he isn't actually the seer/fool tommorrow morning, they'd have to sacrifice 2 wolves to do so as if he really is the devil/wolf/a liar both the seer and fool proxies will tell us that.
So we wait til morning and:
If there's silence, we can assume that he's telling the truth
If one proxy speaks up claiming he isn't the seer/fool then there's a stupid wolf out there.
If 2 proxies speaks up, we got ourselves a lynch target.
Of course, this is assuming we don't have the unfortunate circumstance of demonking lying and the real seer having scried a wolf on night 1 in which case we might have to wait an extra day while he/she finds another person as proxy.

Shadow
2007-10-14, 03:32 AM
The **** crows early this morn as the sun crests the eastern horizon. Droplets of dew sparkle and dance on the grass as a breakfast feast is prepared in honor of the changing seasons. Fall is finally upon the small village once again.
Fall.
Every child's second favorite season, following closely after summer in more ways than one.
Fall is the season that the sweltering heat disappears and the leaves change color in glorious fashion. The various shades of green become wondrous yellows and oranges and reds. Like that maple in the center of town. You've never seen such bold reds in the autumns past. Some of it is even darker than the usual reds.
Some of the leaves are so dark that they might be brown, but it's still too early in the season for such browns to appear in the trees.
Bold reds and dark brows.
A little too dark.
A little like dried blood.
Stepping closer you slowly begin to realize that bodies hang within the boughs. Dried blood indeed. For the bodies of evnafets, dragonprime and Raiser B1ade hang suspended in the branches like mutilated marionettes. Where strings would have been, intestines, tendons and matted hair hold them aloft.
Only then do you spot the carved jack-o-lantern at the base of the maple tree. In the crudely carved pumpkin's mouth lies a masonic ring and a note.

Trick or treat?
We choose treat.

evnafets was killed by the Werewolves.
He was a Mason.
dragonprime and Raiser B1ade were auto-lynched.
They were both villagers.

Night 2 ends.
Day begins and will last for approximately 48 hours.
Commence the accusations.

To the Devil: I think I accidentally deleted your request. Could you PM me please? Thanks.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-14, 03:54 AM
"What a shame, what a shame." Said the emperor, as he awoke outside as if he was waiting for someone and fell asleep, picking up the book of the moon cycle. "I was waiting for the mason, but he didn't come."

Freshmeat
2007-10-14, 03:55 AM
(Assuming we go along with the mason plan: the seer/fool - or both - shouldn't contact Demonking's candidate yet until at least several hours after his identity is announced, perhaps even until the end of the day phase. This gives masons enough time to refute the candidate's identity should he turn out to be an impostor.)

(Ninja'd. Change of plans: The seer/fool simply sends his/their scry results to me. This saves valuable time and lowers the chances of further casualties in case ED is lying. It appears that enough people are willing to trust me anyway.)

banjo1985
2007-10-14, 04:20 AM
Elroy comes out his hut not much past dawn to find the three bodies hanging in the tree at the end of his yard.

"Yuck. Really yuck. These wolves don't mess around do they. Anyone know whether that Emperor guy is legit? If not I'd say he's mighty suspicious after yesterdays debacle."

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-14, 04:49 AM
Want some mystery meat sushi sir?
Asks the ghost to Freshmeat

((Now that plan doesn't make any sense at all, why would any fool/seer send you the results when they probably have another proxy that they have scried? I think your plans are sounding more and more WW-like))
@^ So care to share who you scried Demonking?
(Just if you saw the person as a villager or a special role of course, not the name.)

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-14, 05:02 AM
"I was waiting for a Mason, to scry."When one didn't come I unexpectly saw a thunderstorm and couldn't scry."

Freshmeat
2007-10-14, 05:42 AM
Want some mystery meat sushi sir?
Asks the ghost to Freshmeat

((Now that plan doesn't make any sense at all, why would any fool/seer send you the results when they probably have another proxy that they have scried? I think your plans are sounding more and more WW-like))
@^ So care to share who you scried Demonking?
(Just if you saw the person as a villager or a special role of course, not the name.)

Whether they trust me or not is up to them to decide.
I have a plan to set this incident right that doesn't require the help of any party involved.

If the seer/fool is willing to cooperate though, I should be able to do more than that.
Namely, the following (all in a relatively short timeframe):
- tell them which one they are: fool or seer
- get the baner to protect the right person
- keep the identities of whomever contacts me a secret (whether fool, seer or baner)
- kill off a werewolf (if one - or multiples - should get involved)

Yes, people can trust whomever they've scried. However, until they know whether they are the fool or the seer, they can't know for sure whether the person they scried is really trustworthy.
I prefer to let my actions speak for themselves, rather than a possibly unreliable scry result. If they don't wish to contact me, that's fine, but if they do, it would probably make our lives a lot easier.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-14, 05:53 AM
"Yeah, you should probobly trust Freshmeat, because otherwise can we actually come up with a plan. If the seer/fool and Baner get killed then we'll have an obvious target." Says the Emperor. "Actually they'd still be the baner, yeah not really sure."

Jontom Xire
2007-10-14, 06:28 AM
Well I find that very very suspect. A mason gets killed and the person who claims to be a seer claims no-one came forward.

I suspect what happened was that the seer came forward and got eaten. However what I don't understand was why the masons picked Evnafets to represent them.

The other alternative was that the wolves ate Evnafets because I asked for his help to formulate a good plan. However, in that case, why not eat me instead? No, I don't believe that. Nor do I believe the wolves scried Evnafets previously or just got lucky.

Demonking, I point at you unless you can name a werewolf you have scried.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-14, 06:32 AM
Your plan requires you to not be a WW, which frankly I believe you are especially with a statement like that.
You claim to be able to do all these things in a short time but anyone can see that to be able to do this they need to be certain they won't die before they put the plan in motion and short of them being the baner or a WW, that is just not going to happen. So unless you're saying your the baner (which I don't believe would reveal himself so early), that only leaves the option of you been a WW.
@^ While demonking is suspicious, the seer/fool probably scried him yesterday so why point at him unless their proxies comes forward saying he's not the seer/fool?
@v that'd mean another mason out in the open though which is exactly what a WW would want.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-14, 06:33 AM
Says the Emperor. "Can't a mason, say whether or not he represented them."

Freshmeat
2007-10-14, 10:09 AM
In reply to Fleeing Coward & Demonking:

Your plan requires you to not be a WW, which frankly I believe you are especially with a statement like that.
You claim to be able to do all these things in a short time but anyone can see that to be able to do this they need to be certain they won't die before they put the plan in motion and short of them being the baner or a WW, that is just not going to happen. So unless you're saying your the baner (which I don't believe would reveal himself so early), that only leaves the option of you been a WW.

So because, technically, I could be a wolf, I am a wolf?
That doesn’t make any sense.

@^ While demonking is suspicious, the seer/fool probably scried him yesterday so why point at him unless their proxies comes forward saying he's not the seer/fool?

I said in my previous post that they won’t have reliable proxies until they know whether they’re the fool or seer.

If wouldn't blame them if they want to wait several days so they can try to figure out, on their own, if their scry results are correct (seer) or random (fool).

But:
Until we're sure the baner is actually protecting the right person, the seer runs the risk of dying. The sooner this kind of situation is averted, the better.
It's in the best interests of everyone that the seer can announce his scry results, whether directly (and protected at night by the baner) or indirectly (through a trusted proxy). This pretty much has to happen anyway, at one point or another, so we might just as well plan for it.
I'm not saying they should rush headlong into the first person they encounter and entrust them with their identity. In fact, they don't even have to choose me if they don't want to. I just suggested myself because the risk of death for this person is that much higher.

Says the Emperor. "Can't a mason, say whether or not he represented them."

Given the questionable circumstances under which evnafets died: no.

As you probably know by now, I’ve tried to determine the seer’s identity ever since Demonking claimed to be the seer. A lot of PM’s and cross-reference checks were involved, but it wasn’t until Demonking decided to place his trust in me that I got some actual, irrefutable proof. He offered me a certain proposal (explained in detail below) which, unfortunately, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.

So, without further ado, the truth behind Demonking’s claim:
Demonking was lying.

Of that, there is no doubt. He even told me so himself in a PM, claiming to be a villager instead. As could be expected, he claimed to be the seer to make sure he’d survive the lynching, feeding on his fellow players’ caution (after all, who wants to run the risk of killing the seer?).

There was a secondary reason though – by pretending to be the seer he could draw attention away from the real seer. Unfortunately, there are a few flaws in that plan:
The wolves almost certainly know by now that he’s not the seer, since the devil scries with 100% accuracy, unlike the seer, who scries accurately unless he’s actually the fool.
If he can’t provide us with accurate scry results, he’ll be exposed at one point or another anyway. Quite frankly, I don’t want to get involved into shady plots hazardous to my own health unless the rewards greatly outweigh the risks. To me, it doesn’t seem like they do.
The seer/fool might actually publicly expose themselves to claim that Demonking is an impostor. I don’t want that to happen. They should only reveal their identities to people they explicitly trust.
The sooner we get the baner to protect the right person, the better. Protecting a villager who refuses to die puts the real seer, as well as the baner himself, at risk.
Interestingly enough, our tale doesn’t end here. As a matter of fact, despite Demonking’s trust in me, I’m pointing at him. Why?
Well...

Although he claims to be a villager, he might still be a wolf. Admitting to a minor lie to cover up for a major one is not unheard of, especially when the suggested plan involves getting the baner to protect you every night.
While it’s possible that the wolves got lucky with their scry attempt on day 1, or with their kill on day 2, it’s still highly suspicious that a mason died last night. It’s not unlikely that evnafets contacted Demonking, but that Demonking had him killed him off to get a mason out of the way while simultaneously disrupting our inter-role communication.
If he is a villager, we don’t have much to lose. We don’t run the risk of accidentally killing off the seer or baner here.
I’m sure there are people out there that want to make an example of him, namely: “don’t pretend to be someone you’re not!”
Killing Demonking will either confirm or deny the seer’s/fool’s scry result, thus providing them with much-needed information about which of these two roles they are.
[Of course, if Demonking is a villager, it’s quite possible that even the fool scried him correctly (though I admit I don’t know the exact calculation), but every little bit helps here.]

Therefore, I point at Demonking - for the greater good.
I repeat: the very worst thing we could lose here is a villager.
One who is an admitted liar, I hasten to add.

North
2007-10-14, 10:22 AM
Im pointing at Emperor Demonking for the reasons listed above. He was given the benefit of the doubt yesterday and we lost a mason in the night and there was no scry cause of a thunderstorm?

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-14, 10:28 AM
Demonking, I really am a villiager.

Ezlo
2007-10-14, 10:29 AM
I point at Demon King as well, fresh meat's points make sense to me.

DarkCorax
2007-10-14, 10:43 AM
I'm going to Point at Demonking, for reasons that should be obvious.

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-14, 10:47 AM
*Demonking shall die!*

whitehelm
2007-10-14, 11:08 AM
Demonking it is.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-14, 11:18 AM
*Points at Demonking*

Ariko
2007-10-14, 11:53 AM
*points at Emperor Demonking*

Khaldan
2007-10-14, 11:54 AM
DEATH TO THE DEMONIC KING!

Zar Peter
2007-10-14, 12:11 PM
Zar Peter is cleaning up evnafets room.

First Andre and now evnafets. Somehow I got the feeling the wolfves don't like this place. But I'm quite certain that Emperor Demonking is a villager, therefore I point at him.

(OK, this is a completly insane pointing reason but i have nothing better. Worst thing is that we have a day voting we can not analyse because everyone will point at Emperor)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-14, 01:11 PM
Don't you see? You're being led like sheep to lynch Demon King. Only one man could have so perfectly set up a scheme. That man is INDURAIN!!!

Endeavourl
2007-10-14, 02:11 PM
Oh Demonking, lying never does work

Crimmy
2007-10-14, 03:08 PM
i think Demonking should hang high, for two reasons:
1.- Thanks to the fact that he lied, a mason died, so he obviously doesn't thinks in others, only in himself
2.- Why would a Villager lie? he doesn't need to, so it could be one of two, hes wolf, or he is a bad villager that doesn't knows how to play

that's my point

Kantur
2007-10-14, 03:36 PM
*Points at Demonking

smellie_hippie
2007-10-14, 05:11 PM
*The Tinker comes out from the bar with a horrible hangover, and still missing a wagon wheel*

My head be poundin', an' ah still don' haf my wheel! Ah jus need to get some wood an' do it mahself. This tree look good....... AH! *bleargh* What that hell is that!?

*The Tinker sees the mutilated corpses dangling from the tree branches*

Tha's disgusting! Tha only other person I seen with tha much blood on 'im was you! *points at Demonking*

You have somethin' ta do with tha'!?!?

detrevnisisiht
2007-10-14, 05:55 PM
umm...death to demonking? *points*

Indurain
2007-10-14, 08:09 PM
I am never one to say I told you so

Perhaps now would be a good time
Or perhaps not.
In light of recent lies coming forth
Noting those that point away from
The Demonking (for I'll never call him Emperor)

And who is there at the forefront
Those pointing away, one name stands out

Llama again you cause trouble
Llama again you go against the grain
Almost as if on cue
Making yourself seem naive and innocent
Alas it's not fooling me.

Alarra
2007-10-14, 10:03 PM
Lying? In a game of werewolf? Why...that's just not done...right Shadow? :smallwink:

*points at Demonking

(Not because he lied, because these games are often built on lies, but because he risked the seer exposing themselves to save a comparatively insignificant villager)

Skippy
2007-10-14, 10:30 PM
It was not a wise move, I agree. I am restless about Demonking as well, because his last move made us lose a mason AND Curly. Not a thing someone pro-village would do...

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-14, 10:57 PM
Points at demonking

Shadow
2007-10-14, 11:44 PM
Emperor Demonking is hauled up to the executioner's platform with no hesitation, mid-morning.

"Explain yourself and the reasoning behind your lies," the crowd requests. "Some of us have reason to believe that you're neither Wolf, nor Seer, but a simple villager like us. Why would you deceive us? Why would you risk exposing our greatest asset? It makes no sense. Explain yourself."

The Emperor (fully clothed, unlike the other) answers simply "I didn't want to die yesterday. I only wanted to live. Forgive a man his desire to survive, and forgive him his deceit."
The Emperor looks to the hole in the platform as his hands are bound at the wrists.

A hood is draped over his head.

But before the poor soul is cast over the edge and to his doom, the ghost of Zeb the troll appears.

"People. Hear my words. This man has lied. True. He has risked the well being of the village. True. He has cost another their life. True.
But I ask you, would you not do the same? Would you not use any means at your disposal to survive another day? Spare this young man, for your own sake. Let not his blood be on your hands, but set him free. Do unto others, as the saying goes."

As the ghost of Zeb vanishes, the villagers consider his words. Finally someone steps forward and removes theb hood from the young man's head.

"The penalty for treason in this Empire is death. This rule should apply to all, even the Emporer. But we are willing to forego that penalty in exchange for one more suitable. It was not your intent to harm others, but to save yourself. But a crime against this vilage has still been commited, and for that you are hereby banished from this village for the remainder of your life on penalty of death. Be gone with you."

Emperor Demonking's hands are unbound as he is led away from the courtyard and out into the woods beyond.

Emperor Demonking was banished for crimes against the Empire.
He was a villger.
Day 3 ends.
Night begins and will end in approximately 24 hours.
Please send all appropriate nighttime activity PMs to both Zeb and Shadow.

As more than 50% of the vote has been reached and day has been ended early because of this, missing votes from today's activity will not be counted for auto-lynch possibilty.
However, the following players did not vote on day 2 or 3 and therefore need to vote on the morrow to avoid auto-lynch:

Helgraf (your net's back up now, so get to it)
PirateMonk
Pwenet

Thank you.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-15, 11:48 PM
Emperor Demonking is given a handful of oatmeal cookies and a waterskin and escorted to the edge of town where he's to make his way into the woods and not return until the werewolves blight has ended.

Do I really have to? You know I'm not a wolf.

We know, but you cost us a mason with your deceptions. You'll be allowed to return once they're gone.

Oh. Okay then.

He turns on his heel and heads out into the woods, hoping to survive until he can come back. Shortly afterwards...

Hello there, wiley one.

Gah! That didn't take long!

So, you thought that pretending to be the seer would protect you from the lynching. What was going to protect you from us?

Well, err, I thought the baner was.

Heheh. Maybe he would've, indeed. Until you proved you couldn't tell Adam from Eve without my telling you.

Alright, alright! Look, I boogered it up. They don't want me anymore. I promise to help you in any way I can if you'll just let me live.

Indeed? I have just the thing.
*just then, the wolf's stomach grumbles*

The wolf leaps to the attack before Emperor Demonking can even piece together the bad omen he'd just heard.

Ahhh, now that was helpful. Now I can think about who to kill tonight.

--later that evening, in the observatory--

I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to who I need to protect with my wolfsbane tonight. Have you any thoughts?

Why, yes. Yes I do.

Oh, who?

This guy.
*the visitor empties a pouch onto the floor of the baner's home, the grisly contents are what remains of the exiled villager*

(Blarf)

Horror and realization flash across the baner's eyes while he simultaneously reaches for his protective herbs. But he's too late. The visitor grabs him by the hair and pulls viciously, preventing the reach. At the same time, several beastly monsters let themselves in to the man's humble home and take over the gorey business.

In the morning, all that remains of either man is two piles of intestines and an empty pouch marked "Wolfsbane".

Summary: Zar Peter was killed by werewolves. He was the baner.
Emperor Demonking, the exiled, was an appetizer. Turns out Zeb's ghost was wrong about banishment being the kinder punishment.

Day 3 begins and will end at around 2am, eastern time on 10/18.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-16, 12:14 AM
Now they got the baner as well? I still think that Freshmeat is the cause behind all this mess. Why else would he not be protecting himself this early?

Shadow
2007-10-16, 12:59 AM
As I'm currently narrating two different games and playing in two as well, I would like to ask that any PMs sent to me regarding games have the name of the specific game listed in the Title line of the PM.

IE: "Night Kill" as the title has the distinct possibilty of confusing me.
Please Title the PM "WW Night KIll" or "Vampire Night Kill", etc.

Thank You.

*goes to make the same post in the Vampire thread*

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 01:42 AM
Now they got the baner as well? I still think that Freshmeat is the cause behind all this mess. Why else would he not be protecting himself this early?

I didn't even need to scroll down to predict this from happening. Let me just explain a few things quickly before I can make a longer statement later today:
I did not ask for the baner to contact me. Not ever. Even if he did, why on earth would I ask him not to protect himself last night? Even more, why would Zar Peter even agree to that as long as my identity is not publicly confirmed? This theory, much like your previous one, simply doesn't make any sense.
The baner dying this soon means either the wolves scried him tonight (which I would definitely call luck at this point in the game), or that the real seer scried him and revealed his scry result to someone he shouldn't have, or that the wolves attacked someone at random, and Zar Peter didn't protect himself last night (unlikely). Not a single option really explains Zar Peter's death, because - until we've found and confirmed the identity of the real seer - he shouldn't have protected anyone but himself.

Addendum: It is possible that the wolves scried him, contacted him about this (whether through a proxy or not), and asked for them to be protected that night. If they managed to convince Zar Peter, this could explain things.
I was actually intending to point at someone else today, but Fleeing Coward, since you seem to blame me for whatever thing goes wrong here and seem to try and cast a shadow on every attempt to get things organized, I instead point at you (FC). Ever the first to cast the stone and break down any plan.
In fact, just like yesterday you conveniently arrive just in time to start a bandwagon. I find that highly suspect.
The fact that you're pointing at yourself in every single game, except for this one, isn't helping either.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-16, 02:27 AM
I didn't even need to scroll down to predict this from happening. Let me just explain a few things quickly before I can make a longer statement later today:
I did not ask for the baner to contact me. Not ever. Even if he did, why on earth would I ask him not to protect himself last night? Even more, why would Zar Peter even agree to that as long as my identity is not publicly confirmed? This theory, much like your previous one, simply doesn't make any sense.
The baner dying this soon means either the wolves scried him tonight (which I would definitely call luck at this point in the game), or that the real seer scried him and revealed his scry result to someone he shouldn't have, or that the wolves attacked someone at random, and Zar Peter didn't protect himself last night (unlikely). Not a single option really explains Zar Peter's death, because - until we've found and confirmed the identity of the real seer - he shouldn't have protected anyone but himself.

Addendum: It is possible that the wolves scried him, contacted him about this (whether through a proxy or not), and asked for them to be protected that night. If they managed to convince Zar Peter, this could explain things.
I was actually intending to point at someone else today, but Fleeing Coward, since you seem to blame me for whatever thing goes wrong here and seem to try and cast a shadow on every attempt to get things organized, I instead point at you (FC). Ever the first to cast the stone and break down any plan.
In fact, just like yesterday you conveniently arrive just in time to start a bandwagon. I find that highly suspect.
The fact that you're pointing at yourself in every single game, except for this one, isn't helping either.

Ever considered that this just happens to be afternoon/evening for me and the middle of the night for most of the american players? This is one of the few times that I happen to be on which explains why I pointed first.

You're just top of my suspects list because you happen to be the one person asking the seer/fool/baner to contact you which is why I believed you led the baner into protecting someone other than himself.

I did not agree with your plan because I believed it was a flawed plan and I put forth my reasons why. If anyone bothered reading it, it reveals the seer early on to everyone and as JX pointed out, risks the baner and seer getting killed in consecutive nights. And your subsequent plan after evnafets died of asking both the seer and fool to give you their results certainly isn't much better if not even worse when they havn't confirmed your identity,

Had it not been for the fact that there wasn't anyway to stop that bandwagon of vengeful villager from lynching demonking for lying and risking the exposure of the seer/fool, I would have argued against lynching him as well. Sure, he lied, but the chance of him actually been a wolf was minimal to none considering that neither a seer/fool proxy came foward accusing him of been a wolf despite the fact that both probably scried him.

As for why I am not trying to get myself killed in this as well is because classic WW is the reason I started playing and I've waited a couple of months to finally join this which is why I made the decision to get myself lynched in a couple of other games so I would have time for this.
I pointed at you because I believed that you are a WW even before this and the fact that the baner died just confirms it for me as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: As for not actually saying, baner contact me, how else were you planning on revealing to the baner who is the seer and who is the fool? Posting the roles in the open so that even the WWs would know.
One of the few reasons that I can think of for a baner would protect someone other than themselves this early is if they thought they knew who the seer was or if they were relatively certain that someone would have been attacked which is why I am accusing you.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-16, 03:40 AM
I agree with FC that something stinks in the state of Denmark. The only reason for Zar Peter not protecting himself is if someone persuaded him to protect someone else. That someone then got the werewolves to kill him. However, surely ZP is not so dumb as to contact ANYONE with his role. Unless he got tricked by the old werewolf trick of saying "I'm the seer and I've scried you as the baner. Please protect me".

I also agree that Freshmeat is number one candidate for being in the centre of any web of intrigue. However his plan did not involve a mason contacting him, so if he was a werewolf how did the mason get killed. Lastly he reminds me of me when I'm playing a villager. So I don't know. He is number one candidate to be a werewolf but on the other hand I kinda trust him. And poo-poohing potentially good plans to help the village is the sort of thing werewolves would do which makes FC suspicious.

Zar Peter
2007-10-16, 03:44 AM
I didn't want to life with the doubt and now I'm dead with the truth.

And now I'm going banging my head about 5 hours onto my desk saying: You may not trust anybody. NEVER.

banjo1985
2007-10-16, 04:01 AM
Elroy looks at the people arguing about the death of Zar Peter the baner and shakes his head sadly.

"That poor tourist just came here for a good time and now he's gone! These wolves are really starting to get on my nerves."

Elroy *points at Freshmeat*.

"I agree with these guys, you been trying to fool us. Maybe your in with these wolves."

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 05:20 AM
Very well, I concede the point (both figuratively and literally), if only because since the 2+ hours that have passed there haven't been all that much people jumping on a quick bandwagon yet. Different time zones notwithstanding, that does, at the very least, hint at someone not affiliated with any organisation (such as werewolves).

In reply to FC: (spoilerized to save space, though I strongly suggest you all read it anyway)

You're just top of my suspects list because you happen to be the one person asking the seer/fool/baner to contact you which is why I believed you led the baner into protecting someone other than himself.

So.... the baner (whom I didn't ask to contact me) did so regardless. He also did so directly (i.e. not through a proxy) because there was no one he entrusted with this task more than he did me. He not only revealed his role (a major one I might add) to me, he even listened to me when I suggested that he should protect someone other than himself last night.

Plausible this is not.

I did not agree with your plan because I believed it was a flawed plan and I put forth my reasons why. If anyone bothered reading it, it reveals the seer early on to everyone and as JX pointed out, risks the baner and seer getting killed in consecutive nights.

And I've adressed your objections in previous posts.
Besides, none of my suggestions ever resulted in the seer revealing his identity to everyone, so you're either misreading that part, or are simply making this up.

And your subsequent plan after evnafets died of asking both the seer and fool to give you their results certainly isn't much better if not even worse when they havn't confirmed your identity,

I never told them to do so immediately. They can scry me high and low and read every post I make from top-to-bottom if they want to be absolutely sure I'm not lying. Even then they're still free to talk to someone else.

Sure, he lied, but the chance of him actually been a wolf was minimal to none considering that neither a seer/fool proxy came foward accusing him of been a wolf despite the fact that both probably scried him.

Why would the seer/fool want to expose themselves (to everyone or to a possibly unreliable proxy if they're actually the fool) just to prove a villager wrong?
Especially when I was already doing exactly that for them?

EDIT: As for not actually saying, baner contact me, how else were you planning on revealing to the baner who is the seer and who is the fool?

I admit that the baner would need to contact someone (whether me or someone else would be up to him to decide). But before all of that, we needed to make sure that the person claiming to be the seer, would indeed be the seer.
"Seer, meet wolf." or "Baner, meet wolf" situations is exactly what we want to avoid here.

Posting the roles in the open so that even the WWs would know.

Again, where does this come from? Could you quote me on this matter?

Yes, at first glance I must be to blame, but if you look at it logically, none of this makes any sense whatsoever. If I had somehow convinced the baner to contact me, why would I tip my hand and kill him off, thus dissuading the seer from ever contacting me as well?
I've taken more than enough precautions to keep the seer safe (to the best of my abilities, that is). If all of this was just a complex ploy to lure the seer into a false sense of security, why kill off the baner, thus putting all of my previous actions into doubt?

For those people who still believe me, I'll change my point to Banjo. Again, due to the lack of speed with which FC's attempt at starting a bandwagon gets any results, he's probably not a wolf (as at least some of them would immediately jump on the wagon).

I point at banjo because on day 2, he voted for Demonking. Most people did, in fact, but he didn't change his point when Demonking claimed to be the seer. It seems likely that the wolves didn't know whether he was lying or not at that point, so they probably wanted to play things safe in case Demonking was indeed the seer.
Therefore I reason that everyone who voted for Demonking that day and didn't change his vote that day is more likely to be a wolf than those who wished to save Demonking (yours truly being the first one of them, I'd like to mention!). Yes, I realize not everyone got back to his computer in time to change his vote, but I'm sure that there are some wolves to whom this theory applies.

Since banjo is trying to move the votes in FC's favor now, without really giving any serious reason as to why, and because he didn't try to save Demonking when there was still the possibility of him being the seer - our most important asset, I might add - I'm much more inclined to call him a wolf than FC.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-16, 05:26 AM
Potentially good plan? I was wondering how JX saw any part of Freshmeat's first plan as potentially good:

Summary (for those uninterested in reading the above):
Tonight:
- Mason contacts Demonking. (Reveals mason to Demonking, if he had been a WW, mason dies)
- Demonking scries mason
- Fool/Seer scries Demonking

Tomorrow:
- Demonking announces the mason’s identity (If Demonking wasn't a WW, this would give away a mason)
- Fool/Seer contact the mason and tell him their scry results
- Mason tries to figure things out. Is Demonking the devil? Is he the fool or seer?
- Mason orders whichever party he deems fit to scry a person of his choosing, so he can determine who’s the fool and who’s the seer.
- Mason appoints a successor, and informs (through PM) that person’s identity to all parties involved.

The day after tomorrow:
- [mason 1 was probably killed during the night]
- Mason 2 gets the results he needs. From that point on, we should have a confirmed seer whose identity he can announce, and who the baner can protect every night. (Unnecessarily exposes seer, if baner found by wolves, kills both baner and seer as JX mentioned)

I'll repeat what happens if wolves or the devil are involved:
- Demonking is the devil or a wolf: The seer/fool will know, at which point correct measures can be taken. (This could have been done without exposing a mason)
- Demonking's candidate is actually a wolf: Demonking scries him, and exposes him the next day. (No wolf would be stupid enough to pretend to be a mason)
- Both the candidate and Demonking are wolves: The real masons interfere and announce that Demonking's candidate is not one of them. The candidate gets lynched as a cautionary measure. If the masons speak the truth, we'll also lynch Demonking (just to be on the safe side). If the masons lie, we'll lynch them instead on the following days. (Again could be done without mason exposure)
- The candidate is a wolf, but Demonking is not: If Demonking is the fool, his scry result might not be correct and he may place his trust in a wolf. If that turns out to be the case, the masons will once again expose the candidate, and we'll have to l ynch Demonking anyway (since we won't know whether he really didn't know, or tried to fool us). The worst-case scenario in this case is the loss of the fool, which doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

And now for the second plan which in my opinion was even worse:

Whether they trust me or not is up to them to decide.
I have a plan to set this incident right that doesn't require the help of any party involved.

If the seer/fool is willing to cooperate though, I should be able to do more than that. (wants the seer and fool to expose themselves to someone who when they havn't scried)
Namely, the following (all in a relatively short timeframe):
- tell them which one they are: fool or seer
- get the baner to protect the right person (basicaly implying that he wants the baner to contact him as well)
- keep the identities of whomever contacts me a secret (whether fool, seer or baner)
- kill off a werewolf (if one - or multiples - should get involved)

Yes, people can trust whomever they've scried. However, until they know whether they are the fool or the seer, they can't know for sure whether the person they scried is really trustworthy.
I prefer to let my actions speak for themselves, rather than a possibly unreliable scry result. If they don't wish to contact me, that's fine, but if they do, it would probably make our lives a lot easier.

So please tell me JX, how exactly was I poo-poohing a potentially good plan?

EDIT:

Besides, none of my suggestions ever resulted in the seer revealing his identity to everyone, so you're either misreading that part, or are simply making this up.

Exhibit A - Your first plan involving exposing seer by day 4

- Mason 2 gets the results he needs. From that point on, we should have a confirmed seer whose identity he can announce, and who the baner can protect every night.

I never told them to do so immediately. They can scry me high and low and read every post I make from top-to-bottom if they want to be absolutely sure I'm not lying. Even then they're still free to talk to someone else.

Exhibit B - So how does this not imply you want the results immediately?

(Ninja'd. Change of plans: The seer/fool simply sends his/their scry results to me. This saves valuable time and lowers the chances of further casualties in case ED is lying. It appears that enough people are willing to trust me anyway.)

Since banjo is trying to move the votes in FC's favor now, without really giving any serious reason as to why, and because he didn't try to save Demonking when there was still the possibility of him being the seer - our most important asset, I might add - I'm much more inclined to call him a wolf than FC.

Banjo just didn't change his vote while I didn't even vote that day, care to explain why you are changing targets so quickly at the first sign of trouble for you?

banjo1985
2007-10-16, 06:16 AM
I point at banjo because on day 2, he voted for Demonking. Most people did, in fact, but he didn't change his point when Demonking claimed to be the seer...Therefore I reason that everyone who voted for Demonking that day and didn't change his vote that day is more likely to be a wolf than those who wished to save Demonking (yours truly being the first one of them, I'd like to mention!). Yes, I realize not everyone got back to his computer in time to change his vote, but I'm sure that there are some wolves to whom this theory applies.

((Just had to post my take on this. I was one of the many people that did not get online in time to change my post when Emperor Demonking claimed he was the seer. I live in the UK and get online between 10am and 4pm. Bu the time I returned Demonking had been lynched, and I had no chance to change my vote.

No I'm not a wolf. From the sound of it Freshmeat is far from certain in his accusation, so I leave you to make up your own minds. I am but a poor villager, so you won't lose that much if you decide I should hang, but I assure you there are more valid targets out there.))

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 06:46 AM
Spoilerized to avoid stretchyness.

- Mason contacts Demonking. (Reveals mason to Demonking, if he had been a WW, mason dies)

And trading a mason for a werewolf is bad... how?

- Demonking announces the mason’s identity (If Demonking wasn't a WW, this would give away a mason)

I'm just saying, to make an omelette you've got to break some eggs.
Getting the baner to protect the seer and helping the fool/seer out with determining their exact identities seems like a worthy enough cause to me.

- Demonking is the devil or a wolf: The seer/fool will know, at which point correct measures can be taken. (This could have been done without exposing a mason)

But not without risking the life of the seer or fool. I'd rather risk a mason than a potential seer.
Still, I later added that I was willing to take the mason's part up myself if no mason was willing to come forward, or to avoid risking more deaths if ED was lying (and a wolf).

Also, if Demonking was scried as a wolf, how would we find out? The baner would be protecting the wrong target, and the seer/fool can't expose themselves until they're sure whom they really are. Not to mention, how would everyone else know who's right or not? Sure, A claims B is a fraud, but how do we know whom to trust? Because the wolves might risk getting one of their own killed? Please - the seer is worth far more to the village than one wolf is to the werewolves.

- Demonking's candidate is actually a wolf: Demonking scries him, and exposes him the next day. (No wolf would be stupid enough to pretend to be a mason)

So my plan was bad because it takes even unlikely events into account?

- Both the candidate and Demonking are wolves: The real masons interfere and announce that Demonking's candidate is not one of them. The candidate gets lynched as a cautionary measure. If the masons speak the truth, we'll also lynch Demonking (just to be on the safe side). If the masons lie, we'll lynch them instead on the following days. (Again could be done without mason exposure)

How then, exactly?

If the seer/fool is willing to cooperate though, I should be able to do more than that. (wants the seer and fool to expose themselves to someone who when they havn't scried)

Given all of these measures, I didn't think it needed mentioning that if they weren't sure of a possibly proxy's identity, they could scry him/her at their own discretion (and do their best to figure out whether these results were exact or not). I just wanted to mention that, if they already trusted me, it would save time. It's their role after all - I'm not forcing anyone to risk that if they need more time to check up on me.

- get the baner to protect the right person (basicaly implying that he wants the baner to contact him as well)

Not necessarily. As soon as the seer knows his true identity (fool or seer) he can use an actual reliable proxy. From that point on, the baner's identity need never be publicly known. Of course, getting to the point where the seer can actually tell for sure whether he's the real seer or not is the trick here.

As for the rest:
- Exhibit A: Was later changed to keep the seer's identity a secret, again relying on proxies. Until then, a leap of faith would be necessary. I just didn't expect the baner to take that leap, much less the wrong one.

- Exhibit B: You may have read that part as 'expose yourselves to me! now!' but logic dictates that wasn't the case. Waiting one, maybe two turns to verify scry results or cross-reference data is fine as well. And, once again, I did state (afterwards) that they could replace the part I'd play with that of anyone they trusted more.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-16, 07:17 AM
Spoilerized to avoid stretchyness.

And trading a mason for a werewolf is bad... how?
It's bad when a seer/fool scries would have gotten the same result without wasting the life of a mason

But not without risking the life of the seer or fool. I'd rather risk a mason than a potential seer.
Still, I later added that I was willing to take the mason's part up myself if no mason was willing to come forward, or to avoid risking more deaths if ED was lying (and a wolf).
Through proxy use, only a fool's life would be threatened barring the very unlikely case of the seer scrying the alpha and I'd put the life of a mason above that of a fool purely based on the fact that masons actually know some people that are definately safe.

Also, if Demonking was scried as a wolf, how would we find out? The baner would be protecting the wrong target, and the seer/fool can't expose themselves until they're sure whom they really are. Not to mention, how would everyone else know who's right or not? Sure, A claims B is a fraud, but how do we know whom to trust? Because the wolves might risk getting one of their own killed? Please - the seer is worth far more to the village than one wolf is to the werewolves.
I explained this before the night evnafets was killed, silence = Demonking telling truth, 1 proxy = wolf trying to get demonking killed, 2 proxies = demonking lying, see that post for more details.

So my plan was bad because it takes even unlikely events into account?
No but because it involves exposing the seer.

How then, exactly?
As explained above, if demonking had been a wolf, seer/fool proxies would have exposed that without mason.

Given all of these measures, I didn't think it needed mentioning that if they weren't sure of a possibly proxy's identity, they could scry him/her at their own discretion (and do their best to figure out whether these results were exact or not). I just wanted to mention that, if they already trusted me, it would save time. It's their role after all - I'm not forcing anyone to risk that if they need more time to check up on me.
You said lowers the risk of further casualties in case EK was lying, sounds like you're asking for immediate action to me.

Not necessarily. As soon as the seer knows his true identity (fool or seer) he can use an actual reliable proxy. From that point on, the baner's identity need never be publicly known. Of course, getting to the point where the seer can actually tell for sure whether he's the real seer or not is the trick here.
Now if you explained that at the time you posted that I might have believed you, but the fact that you're only clarifying this after the baner is already dead...

As for the rest:
- Exhibit A: Was later changed to keep the seer's identity a secret, again relying on proxies. Until then, a leap of faith would be necessary. I just didn't expect the baner to take that leap, much less the wrong one.
Show me the changes, I see none between the two plans.

- Exhibit B: You may have read that part as 'expose yourselves to me! now!' but logic dictates that wasn't the case. Waiting one, maybe two turns to verify scry results or cross-reference data is fine as well. And, once again, I did state (afterwards) that they could replace the part I'd play with that of anyone they trusted more.
This saves valuable time and lowers the chances of further casualties in case ED is lying. That line is the sticking point for me, it reads to me that you want immediate action. Your current argument about them verifying and cross referencing their scries would defeat the whole purpose of them sending their scries to you as by the time they're done with cross refencing, they'd have probably figured out if they're the seer/fool.

Skippy
2007-10-16, 07:29 AM
Yes, Freshmeat's flawed plan has cost us important lives here. I point at Freshmeat.

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 07:59 AM
Spoilerized to avoid stretchyness:

It's bad when a seer/fool scries would have gotten the same result without wasting the life of a mason

Through proxy use, only a fool's life would be threatened barring the very unlikely case of the seer scrying the alpha and I'd put the life of a mason above that of a fool purely based on the fact that masons actually know some people that are definately safe.

True, but a seer can't just claim 'Lynch him! I want to know if my scry result was correct!'
Depending on whom they have scried, figuring out the fool/seer identity can take quite some days.
Ideally, all of this would have taken place after several days anyway, at which point the seer/fool would probably already know his real identity. Due to Demonking's claims, this unofficial 'schedule' moved way up.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there is no alpha in this game.

I explained this before the night evnafets was killed, silence = Demonking telling truth, 1 proxy = wolf trying to get demonking killed, 2 proxies = demonking lying, see that post for more details.

This assumes that both the seer and fool interfere. Why would one step forward if the other has already? What if they have personal objections they, for obvious reasons, can't publicly announce?
What if both want to keep their identity a secret and assume that Demonking would be found out anyway?
I'd like to mention that neither the fool nor seer came forward (nor any of their proxies, at least not to me), yet Demonking was still lying.
I'd call that quite the flaw right there.

You said lowers the risk of further casualties in case EK was lying, sounds like you're asking for immediate action to me.

What I want and what they want may not be the same. I preferred (this being the keyword) immediate action, because I know I'm just a villager. I don't expect them to know what I know, or even trust me entirely. Therefore, I can perfectly understand them if they want additional time.

Now if you explained that at the time you posted that I might have believed you, but the fact that you're only clarifying this after the baner is already dead...

Beside the point, as I never asked for the baner's identity anyway. Again, why would Zar Peter contact me then? Why would he, the one without the ability to scry me, believe me? He's the baner, for crying out loud. He's supposed to check and double-check his sources. Also, why would he protect someone I'd tell him to? Especially after the first night when chances are still low we could tell the real seer from the real fool?

Your current argument about them verifying and cross referencing their scries would defeat the whole purpose of them sending their scries to you as by the time they're done with cross refencing, they'd have probably figured out if they're the seer/fool.

Like I said, a minor leap of faith. If they even wanted to go along with my plan in the first place. The longer they wait, the lower the risk of them trusting the wrong person. Of course, the longer they wait, the higher the risk they die (due to lack of baner protection). Irrelevant now, because the baner is dead and the seer has no one to protect him.

Yes, Freshmeat's flawed plan has cost us important lives here. I point at Freshmeat.

Au contraire. Seeing as I gave no directions whatsoever to the baner, I don't think I can be held responsible for Zar Peter trusting the wrong people.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-16, 08:14 AM
Spoilerized to avoid stretchyness:

True, but a seer can't just claim 'Lynch him! I want to know if my scry result was correct!'
Depending on whom they have scried, figuring out the fool/seer identity can take quite some days.
Ideally, all of this would have taken place after several days anyway, at which point the seer/fool would probably already know his real identity. Due to Demonking's claims, this unofficial 'schedule' moved way up.
By the way, I'm pretty sure there is no alpha in this game.

A few days isn't a big wait, especially if it means it'll be a safer option not needing pointless sacrifices.

This assumes that both the seer and fool interfere. Why would one step forward if the other has already? What if they have personal objections they, for obvious reasons, can't publicly announce?
What if both want to keep their identity a secret and assume that Demonking would be found out anyway?
I'd like to mention that neither the fool nor seer came forward (nor any of their proxies, at least not to me), yet Demonking was still lying.
I'd call that quite the flaw right there.
What flaw? You claimed demonking wasn't the seer/fool and he decided to finally confess the truth. Had that not happened, in all likelyhood the seer and fool would have used proxies to expose demonking as a liar after they scried him.

What I want and what they want may not be the same. I preferred (this being the keyword) immediate action, because I know I'm just a villager. I don't expect them to know what I know, or even trust me entirely. Therefore, I can perfectly understand them if they want additional time.

Like I said, a minor leap of faith. If they even wanted to go along with my plan in the first place. The longer they wait, the lower the risk of them trusting the wrong person. Of course, the longer they wait, the higher the risk they die (due to lack of baner protection). Irrelevant now, because the baner is dead and the seer has no one to protect him.

So in a few hours you change your story from denying that you wanted them to contact you immediately to I wanted them to contact me immediately but they didn't have to? Looks to me that you're just digging your own grave here.

Beside the point, as I never asked for the baner's identity anyway. Again, why would Zar Peter contact me then? Why would he, the one without the ability to scry me, believe me? He's the baner, for crying out loud. He's supposed to check and double-check his sources. Also, why would he protect someone I'd tell him to? Especially after the first night when chances are still low we could tell the real seer from the real fool?

You did get demonking's role right so maybe Zar Peter took that leap of faith as misplaced as it was? Unfortunately, dead men don't tell tales so we'll just have to find out at the end of the game who actually done the deed.

Might I mention you still havn't shown the changes that you were talking about which results in the seer not getting revealed to the public.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-16, 08:32 AM
Woah, ok.

There is way to much to reply to here, so I'm going to try to summarise.

IMHO risking a mason to potentially get a wolf AND set up a solid seer based network is worth it if done carefully. Freshmeat's plans had weaknesses here and there, and some initial flaws, but was basically sound and could have worked. it was POTENTIALLY a good plan.

Both Freshmeat and Fleeing Coward have made good points. However it is stopping being a debate and turning into an argument. Instead of throwing blame around can we please work to sort out the situation we now have.

Clearly there is stuff going on in the background. Freshmeat admits that Zar Peter contacted him, something ZP should not have done. Who is to say ZP didn't contact anyone else? Maybe Freshmeat let slip something he shouldn't have. I don't think Freshmeat is a werewolf right now or else he wouldn't have admitted that ZP contacted him.

I think Freshmeat has been contacted by someone, led to trust that someone, and let slip ZPs name or told ZP that that person was trustable. I did it once too when I trusted someone. Alternatively (but unlikely) ZP was killed by coincidence.

Freshmeat, there is a high chance that ZP told his role to the person you told him to protect. That person could very well be a wolf. Please think hard about who you told what - check your PM sent items folder. You have the most information at the moment. I'm not asking you to disclose it all (although I wish you would tell me by PM), but we need a lead.

Freshmeat also makes a point below that I am curious about:

If I had somehow convinced the baner to contact me, why would I tip my hand and kill him off, thus dissuading the seer from ever contacting me as well?

This is correct but makes the assumption that the seer hasn't already contacted him or that the wolf devil hasn't already scried the seer.

So right now I haven't a clue who might be a werewolf. Freshmeat looks innocent and guilty by turns but overall innocent (IMHO) as does Fleeing Coward.

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 08:52 AM
Fine, I was working on yet another reply, but maybe it is time to leave things be - for the moment being - and let everyone make their decisions. Before this really turns ugly.

JX's summary has a few things I need to adress though, and rather urgently too:

Clearly there is stuff going on in the background. Freshmeat admits that Zar Peter contacted him, something ZP should not have done. Who is to say ZP didn't contact anyone else? Maybe Freshmeat let slip something he shouldn't have. I don't think Freshmeat is a werewolf right now or else he wouldn't have admitted that ZP contacted him.

Not true at all. Those willing to refute this point may look through all my posts to find where I was actually claiming this. For those concerned about editing: feel free to point out even a single one of my previous posts in this thread that I edited after JX made his summary.

I think Freshmeat has been contacted by someone, led to trust that someone, and let slip ZPs name or told ZP that that person was trustable. I did it once too when I trusted someone.

I'm not going to display my correspondence here, but anyway, I wasn't aware of ZP's role until he died, and I've never mentioned his name in any PM I sent out.

Alternatively (but unlikely) ZP was killed by coincidence.

That, or the devil scried him. Or, if his post is any indication, he placed his trust in a third party, who turned out to be a wolf.

Freshmeat also makes a point below that I am curious about:If I had somehow convinced the baner to contact me, why would I tip my hand and kill him off, thus dissuading the seer from ever contacting me as well?
This is correct but makes the assumption that the seer hasn't already contacted him or that the wolf devil hasn't already scried the seer.

If I was a wolf, and after only the fourth day I was responsible for the death of both the baner and the seer (assuming I knew his identity and would have him killed off next turn), you can be pretty sure I'd be openly gloating about it and laughing in death's face, because that's as close to game over as it could get for the villagers.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-16, 10:47 AM
While we are spending all our time debating, the wolves are getting away. We need to stop Indurain!!

Ezlo
2007-10-16, 12:39 PM
Atreyu, seriously, why Indurain? I don't get what he did.

Vonriel
2007-10-16, 12:42 PM
Vonriel groans a loud groan, bends down, and starts writing on the largest piece of cardboard you've ever seen attached to a pole. When finished, he holds it up, and it says:

(( Look, guys, I recognize what's going on here. Jontom, you probably can see it too. If you both survive the day, tomorrow you'll keep on arguing, confusing points and details, and so on until one of you does die. When one of you dies, the other will likely have to keep defending himself, wasting even more valuable time. The werewolves don't even need to get up off their thumbs to do anything, either. They can just let this all happen.

For the moment, there is nothing but circumstantial evidence to point out whether or not Freshmeat may be at fault. It's in our best interest to set this little spat aside, and think closer on who may actually be a wolf. Resume it in PMs, if you want to, but for now, we need to focus on the game, and not on this little side-argument. ))

He hastily scribbles some more:

(( Edit: It's a bit of fun between the two, I'd say. ))

DarkCorax
2007-10-16, 01:01 PM
*Sigh*"This really isn't good." I'm really not sure about this spat between Fleeing Coward and Freshmeat, so I'm just going to point at PirateMonk, who is in danger of auto-lynch.

Alarra
2007-10-16, 01:11 PM
Okay, I'm going to step out and say a few things here.

First off, I am the fool. I scried Zar Peter last night as a villager. I'm saying this so that a. the seer knows for certain they're the real one, and b. because I'm pretty certain the wolves already know my identity. (and really, the fool isn't that important of a role anyway)

Second, Zar Peter was protecting me last night, I contacted him to ask him to protect me the previous night while I figured out if I was the seer or fool. Once I did so, I informed him that I was the fool.....the fact that he continued to protect me instead of himself was a bit silly of him.

ZP contacted Emperor Demonking as well, implying that he ought scry him, and as such, I would imagine that is the way the wolves would have learned of his role.....assuming they didn't actually scry him, which is perfectly possible as well. Or, he may have talked to someone else that I don't know of.

As for who to point at today, I don't think Freshmeat is that suspicious, just trying to be analytical. FC....is actually pretty suspicious to me, so I would be inclined to point at Fleeing Coward.

HyramGraff
2007-10-16, 01:17 PM
For now I'll trust the lady. * points at Fleeing Coward

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 01:32 PM
Sorry people, but I'll have to interfere here, even if Fleeing Coward is the one that tried to bandwagon against me.
Twice.

In the past couple of hours I've received some fairly reliable information that suggests that FC is not a wolf. Banjo's excuse that he didn't know of Demonking's claim at seerdom until the day phase had already ended seems to check out as well.

I'm in the process of checking up on a few people, but so far it seems like Traveling_Angel was online (actively posting in several, separate threads) between the time Demonking claimed to be the seer and the time that the day phase ended.
It seems highly likely that he knew what Demonking was doing, yet he didn't change his point.
That's suspicious in my book.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-16, 02:10 PM
Woah!!

I point at Freshmeat.

Now I'll admit I've had a bit to drink and a very large meal, but I definitely remember Freshmeat saying that Zar Peter contacted him and that he told Zar Peter to protect someone. The post in question was edited at 2:11 pm (according to my screen) while my somewhat lengthy post was posted at 2:32 pm. I think I was ninja'd by Freshmeats edits. And I have a very DEFINITE memory of what he wrote. This is one reason why after my first WW game I stopped EVER editing my posts to the point where I'd end up with multiple sequential posts. I've since started editing them on occasion just so I don't get my wrist slapped again.

I have had a very uninformative PM from Freshmeat in which he claims to lay down all info and correspondance he has had on this subject which mainly consists of quotes of PMs he sent to Demonking. None from Demonking to him or anyone else, and I think we all agree he must have been contacted by some people.

This PM was followed by one claiming he had never been contacted by Zar Peter and would I please edit my post.

===EDIT===

Now I'm confused. Alarra stating that Zar Peter contacting Demonking was the problem has confused me from what I'm sure I remember Freshmeat saying.

Perhaps the seer should scry Alarra and use her as a proxy if she is what she seems. Assuming she lives long enough.

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 02:34 PM
That is simply untrue, JX. In fact, I already found your earlier post highly suspect where you suddenly pulled a 'Freshmeat contacted ZP' out of nowhere. That wasn't a summary. That was actively twisting the facts.

Allow me to demonstrate why I disagree with your last post:

Now I'll admit I've had a bit to drink and a very large meal, but I definitely remember Freshmeat saying that Zar Peter contacted him and that he told Zar Peter to protect someone. The post in question was edited at 2:11 pm (according to my screen) while my somewhat lengthy post was posted at 2:32 pm. I think I was ninja'd by Freshmeats edits.

So my 'check the edit times' argument is null and void because I edited my post, deleting all traces of ZP mentioning before you even made your post? Last I checked, I don't have psychic internet mind-reading powers.

Besides, Alarra even admitted that she was the one to contact ZP. If I was a wolf, no sane wolf would ever try to cover for me.

I have had a very uninformative PM from Freshmeat in which he claims to lay down all info and correspondance he has had on this subject which mainly consists of quotes of PMs he sent to Demonking. None from Demonking to him or anyone else, and I think we all agree he must have been contacted by some people.

That was all of the correspondence. I wonder how people can keep on claiming that 'wow! no one would ever contact you! how would they know you're trustworthy??!!!' yet also claim that I somehow have an intelligence network that equals that of the CIA.

I didn't send you any PM's I sent to/received from Zar Peter because there were none. If my message was uninformative, I suppose your expectations were a little too high.

As for messages I sent to/received from Demonking: Demonking only sent me one message. A single one, yes, but definitely not 'none'.

This PM was followed by one claiming he had never been contacted by Zar Peter

Which is the truth.

...and would I please edit my post.

Which is a lie on your part.

For those interested, here's what I sent:

I was more hoping for the correspondance between you and Zar Peter (and anyone else who got in touch), such as who you told him to protect or anyone else you may have let Zar Peter's identity slip to.

Like I said in the thread, Zar Peter didn't contact me. There is no correspondence between the two of us. I'm not sure where you got that idea.
Read my posts over if necessary. You'll find there has been no tampering with edits either if you check the edit times.

The correspondance between you and Demonking is a moot point since we know Demonking was a villager.

I know, but maybe you figured Demonking passed along some of my messages to yet another person before he died. So I sent that as well, in case you wanted to explore all possible angles.

I'm now getting more suspicious of you. I thought I made it quite clear that I was looking for clues as to how the wolves found out ZPs identity yet you only send me stuff that has no bearing on it at all.

Again, sorry, but there is none. I could perfectly understand if you want to lynch me for that.
In fact, I invoked a lynch mob against Demonking for roughly the same reasons (i.e. he acted suspicious and we'd be in trouble if he was indeed a wolf).

Also none of those messages refer at all to Evnafets contacting Demonking, if he did, so how did the wolves find out Evnafets identity?

If evnafets contacted Demonking I think he would have mentioned that to me. Demonking came clean with me after all, even going so far as to admitting that he was lying to me. And I think that - at least for the first couple of hours - Demonking didn't suspect me of planning a bandwagon against him, just to be sure that he wasn't lying.

My explanation for evnafets' dead? I don't know.

I'm guessing the wolves got lucky with their scry on the first night, or got lucky with their kill on the second night.
They may have figured out evnafets identity by comparing voting patterns. Still, it was the second night, so that's highly unlikely.
Unless Demonking was holding back information, or one of the masons slipped up, I can find no other explanation.

If necessary, I can show the rest. However, I'd like to hear JX's thoughts first.

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-16, 02:41 PM
I am not sure who to point at, but I figure Jontom Xireis as good a target as any.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-16, 02:50 PM
So my 'check the edit times' argument is null and void because I edited my post, deleting all traces of ZP mentioning before you even made your post? Last I checked, I don't have psychic internet mind-reading powers.

Umm, I often take at least half an hour to write a post, so if I read your post at 2 pm I could quite easily have finished my post at 2:32 and during those 32 or so minutes you edited your post.

Secondly I am SURE you said you had been contacted by ZP and asked him to protect someone. You're right about my asking you to edit my post though. You didn't. My bad. Given that I mis-remembered that it is faintly possible that I mis-remembered you saying ZP had contacted you. I do find that that post having been edited is slightly suspicious. And I can almost remember the exact wording. Next time I'll quote.

Freshmeat
2007-10-16, 03:06 PM
Umm, I often take at least half an hour to write a post, so if I read your post at 2 pm I could quite easily have finished my post at 2:32 and during those 32 or so minutes you edited your post.

Still doesn't explain how I would know someone was going to 'get me' on that point at some point in the near-future. Not to mention that, even if I somehow knew or suspected it was going to happen, that theory would rely on me completely failing to notice what would be a gross mistake.

Secondly I am SURE you said you had been contacted by ZP and asked him to protect someone.

Well, to but it bluntly, I know I didn't. I strongly suggest that whenever you see a major slip-up or confession, you take a screenshot.
As a matter of fact, *********************** (Had to delete this, as per moderator command. I'll heed those words and speak of it no further).

You're right about my asking you to edit my post though. You didn't. My bad. Given that I mis-remembered that it is faintly possible that I mis-remembered you saying ZP had contacted you. I do find that that post having been edited is slightly suspicious. And I can almost remember the exact wording. Next time I'll quote.

Editing a lot is simply my style, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist (formatting, anyone?). When it becomes a matter of importance though, I do keep in mind not to fix stupid spelling mistakes and whatnot as soon as I see it becoming the basis for accusations.

Crimmy
2007-10-16, 03:36 PM
i know im the newbie, but i still have some logical thoughts:
1.-why in heavens name did Fresmeat had to ask for the roles??
Possible answer:
he is a townie, and he talked to the fool/seer about them, but since he was'nt sure whether the one he spoke with was the seer, he made that plan, so that he knew who was the real seer
Second possible answer:
he is a wolf, and he did what i said before, but only to make sure who would they have to kill first
2.- why is it that both FC and freshmeat keep attacking each other, when they know that by doing it, they might be a good prey for the wolves?
PA:
sadly enough, one of them is wolf, and since he doesnt wants to be caught
he starts a fight to cover his partners, knowing that the town is going to look this way, and not the way the wolves are, planning and everything....
2nd PA:
they are wolves, the both of them, and they need one that is cleared of all charges, so they start a fight, one loses and is lynched, the other one is cleared for finding a wolf, and after that, he can move freely, because webelieve he is townie, and he backstabs without us noticing

since im still not sure who is the wolf and who is the townie, or even if they are both wolves, i'll stay neutral between the two of them