PDA

View Full Version : Extra Turning

Raolin_Fenix
2007-10-07, 01:56 AM
Hokay. I've never played a cleric before (or any sort of divine caster, except a bard), and I'm considering making one in the near future.

Special circumstances (specified in my CaDzilla thread) are leading me to want to play the most brutal, destructive machine I can imagine. Naturally, divine metacheese is my favorite idea.

But I'm confused by the Turning ability, specifically by the text in the Extra Turning feat. The line that's giving me trouble is: "If you have the ability to turn or rebuke more than one kind of creature (...), each of your turning or rebuking abilities gains four additional uses per day."

This seems to indicate that if my Domains include, say, Good and Fire, and I take this feat, I get four new attempts to turn Undead, four additional new attempts to turn Water creatures, and possibly even four additional attempts to rebuke Fire creatures, for a total of an extra twelve turning attempts per day.

Even given the fact that I'm trying to play a broken character, that would introduce a level of cheesiness that I'm not sure I'm fully prepared to embrace. I mean, I could take this feat once, spend a dozen Turning attempts on Persisting my Divine Might and Divine Favor, and still have as many Turning attempts left over as if I'd never taken the feat.

Am I reading this right? Someone please tell me I'm stupid and wrong and probably ugly.

My apologies if this has already been answered. A quick search revealed nothing. =/

Solo
2007-10-07, 02:13 AM
Only turn undead can be used to fuel divine metacheese.

Raolin_Fenix
2007-10-07, 02:21 AM
Thank you.

I feel better now. I was panicking a little.

KIDS
2007-10-07, 07:00 AM
Even if it worked taking those domains would have prevented you from taking Undeath and Planning for getting Extra Turning & Extend Spell feats, so it would have been self-balancing. Worshipping a god of life insurance is the way to glory.