PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War - Should I prestige into battletemplar?

JMAP94
2019-06-18, 12:48 PM
So, Im playing a warpath follower inquisitor, who will be in heavy armor and will be using an earth breaker as his weapon.

i was just wondering if there's any reason I should not try to prestige into Battle Templar? Id give up one spell casting level, for sure, but because the classes judgement feature is replaced, and because battle templar levels add with inquisitor levels for bane and inquisitions, and because stalwart doesn't function with heavy armor, I simply see no reason not to prestige.

exelsisxax
2019-06-18, 01:32 PM
Battle templar is amazing and harkens back to the 3.5 days of double-advancement PrCs being obvious choices and very strong. If you are a divine caster and martial initiator, you want to be a battle templar. There's basically one downside: it requires 2 feats that might be utterly useless for your character. Can you spend 2 feats on discipline focus(GL or IT) and martial power? If those feats help your build, battle templar is great. If not, you're paying a hefty tax and it might not be worth the trade - warpath followers are already double-advancing.

JMAP94
2019-06-18, 06:43 PM
Thanks for replying.

I took heavy armor proficency as a feat at first level (i'm playing a archon blooded aasamir = no bonus feat). I'm going to multiclass into warden (Ordained Defender/Zweihander Sentinel) so i can get the bonus to aegis as well. Once I get heavy armor from warder, my party has said that I can trade out that feat for Martial Power.

I'm taking Demon Hunter, and Thunder and Fang performer as traits, and Dazzling Display as my 3rd level feat.

I'm taking Riven Hourglass as one of my discplines so i can pick up minute hand, and eventually rapid strike so i can max out bane.

My build has a ton of bonus to Intimidate. I dumped Charisma, and took the Reformation Inquisition. On top of that, Im going to be switching between Scarred Legion and Outflank as my teamwork feats. That being said, I do really want Eternal Guardian, just for that sick level 2 counter, which for some reason is just blanantly more powerful than any of its counterparts that I could see. I was debating going with the heavy flail weapon, and picking up that black seraph stance that lets you demoralize as a free action with every hit, but i don't want to miss out on that consistent damage that comes with the earthbreaker (2d6). And I want that ability that lets me teleport to enemies with the fear condition (to pair with Dazzling Display).

JMAP94
2019-06-18, 06:48 PM
To be honest, I was considering going with radiant dawn just to pick up Dismiss and Sauntering Strike. Just the idea of being able to use Sun Gleam as a ranged option as a slow moving heavily armored character was cool., and since it doesn't require hands, I was gonna flavor it as a "gaze" attack.

Elricaltovilla
2019-06-19, 07:04 AM
There are quite a few good 2nd level counters. Fear the Reaper is almost identical to Golden Lion's Warning Roar. It's slightly better because of the free demoralize, but if you are heavily invested in intimidate, then obviously Fear The Reaper will be more likely to succeed, and thus more useful.

JMAP94
2019-06-19, 11:13 AM
You know what I'm going to do. I'm not going to pick golden lion for my warpath class. going to mutliclass into warder at at level 5, take at least 3 golden lion moves then, and then pick up discipline focus. It stinks that I'll have to delay bane, but were leveling up every session in this campaign were doing.

And thanks for the help.