PDA

View Full Version : Fast Psion...

tahu88810
2007-10-07, 10:46 AM
Hello,
I've recently joined an eberron campaign (or applied to join one, atleast).
I've written up my character, a Kalashtar Nomad.
Now, I plan on making him become that awsome guy who does matrix-y moves, runs up walls, moves superfast, etc.
He already has the two feats for that: Up the Walls, and Speed of Thought.

BUT...if I want to make him move wicked fast (And I have powers for that, too) and I want him to be able to, say, stand on cielings and walls like regular floors...
What would you suggest for that?
I think anythings allowed, Alignments don't exist, though.

Also...fluff-wise: he works as an assassin for the Dreaming Dark...
---

NOTE: please no cheese.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-07, 10:49 AM
What level are you going for?

2007-10-07, 10:52 AM
Ring of Spider-Climb?

tahu88810
2007-10-07, 10:56 AM
As for level, we start at 8.
But I've already gotten all the equipment and things for that.

I'm not sure how high a level we're going to...so I'll say 15 just to be safe.
---

Ring of spiderclimb sounds like a good idea, but I want him to be standing on the walls/ceilings, not crawling. Unless I read Spider-climbs description wrong.
And I'm trying to limit myself to mostly Psionic items, and use Magic items as little as possible.

Lord_Gareth
2007-10-07, 11:00 AM
Boots of Spider Climb, my friend, wondrous item ^_^

tahu88810
2007-10-07, 11:09 AM
hmm...
How much would a boots of spiderclimb cost? Any estimates?

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-07, 03:02 PM
About 4,800 gp. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#slippersofSpiderClimbing)

'Course, they're only 10 minutes a day, so you might want something else instead.

tahu88810
2007-10-07, 03:05 PM
Hmm...I think I'll just stay as is and let whatever happens happen...

Raolin_Fenix
2007-10-07, 03:28 PM
TECHNICALLY, the description of "Up the Walls" says you have to end the round on a horizontal surface.

There's nothing in that description, RAW, that doesn't indicate that that surface can't be the ceiling.

'Course, almost any DM but one with a good sense of humor will disallow that. :P

Enzario
2007-10-07, 03:36 PM
Have a look at the elocater prestige class. Sounds like it's right up your alley.

Alex12
2007-10-07, 03:51 PM
Skate is good for speed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/skate.htm) and as for RAW, walls aren't technically inclines.

If you're a Nomad, you can also use Burst
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/burst.htm

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-07, 05:00 PM
Yes, definitely go for Elocator. Can permanently walk on walls, ceilings... or nothing at all.

Take a single level in Ardent and take the Freedom domain for another +10 to speed.

Dash feat from Complete Warrior ups it by another 5.

And then of course there is good ole fashioned Run.

So my suggestion:

Class: Psion 5/Ardent 1/Elocator 3
Feats: Mobility, Speed of Thought, Spring Attack

With Elocater you don't really have a need for Up the Walls.

TenthDoctor
2007-10-07, 05:02 PM
Have a look at the elocater prestige class. Sounds like it's right up your alley.

Elocater isn't bad in terms of creating an extremely mobile psion, but it cuts manifester levels. ALL the PrCs in the EPH do.

I'd say look into multiclassing as a monk (extra speed, useful armor bonuses, very compatable with the psionics mindset AND Matrix influence), ninja (armor bonuses, stealthy sudden strike fits the assassin build), or scout (movement bonuses and skirmish bonus damage). If your DM allows it, find or craft a homebrew prestige class that will advance the best qualities of both the mobile melee class AND has full manifesting.

Also look into Complete Scoundrel's Skill Tricks; perhaps use some of them to create entry requirements for the homebrew PrC.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-07, 05:05 PM
Play a Kobold, then change yourself to the race you want after you're done toying with it. Need I say more?

Alex12
2007-10-07, 05:09 PM
Play a Kobold, then change yourself to the race you want after you're done toying with it. Need I say more?

No, trying to play Pun-pun in a serious game is frowned upon.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-07, 05:17 PM
Of course, but if you want to optimize your character, or simply rewrite bad choices, it's a nice plot device.

"you are turned into pun pun. You can pick your feats again, and for gods sake, DON'T take toughness, goddangit!"

tannish2
2007-10-07, 06:46 PM
theres also a psionic power that lets you repick feats.

namo
2007-10-08, 03:42 AM
To stand on ceilings, the best is definitely the Elocator. Approximations include spider climb (in spell, power (Earth Walk, Complete Psionics), item or stance (Dance of the Spider, Shadow Hand) form). Also look at the Corner Perch skill trick in Complete Scoundrel.

Fishy
2007-10-08, 04:35 AM
So, how does that work? Elocators don't have to touch the floor, but can they hover? Walk on air? Psionic Levitate?