PDA

View Full Version : Killjoys - Pree. Build Suggestion

KyleG
2019-06-20, 12:15 AM
I want to make a character inspired by Pree from Killjoys and I am hoping someone knows the character.
I get a bardic (swords?)/roguish (swashbuckler?)/fighter(banneret) vibe but not sure how to capture it, between roleplay and actual class(s) and ability scores.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

KyleG
2019-06-25, 03:31 AM
Ill bump this in the hopes that it was bad timing on the post. Surely someone knows the character.

Wildarm
2019-06-25, 06:53 AM
I want to make a character inspired by Pree from Killjoys and I am hoping someone knows the character.
I get a bardic (swords?)/roguish (swashbuckler?)/fighter(banneret) vibe but not sure how to capture it, between roleplay and actual class(s) and ability scores.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Order Cleric/Glamour Bard would be my suggestion. Mix of support, control and tanking in a pinch.

Mjolnirbear
2019-06-25, 07:01 AM
I like Dav and Gared more, but Pree is the most kick ass.

So he's a bartender with a surprise past. Sadly, 'retired conquerer' isn't a class. He's definitely got a high Charisma, but that doesn't mean it's the source of his strength. So I'll list some classes that sound right, you decide which ones.

I'd think Battlemaster fighter cause he's the type to pick up dirty tricks; swashbuckler rogue cause he's flashy. He's also a survivor, so I could see some flavour of ranger. Paladin of conquest fits the leadership/Charisma thing.

He's too intellectual and civilized to be a barbarian. I don't think bard works because bards are support, and he only played a support role after retirement. Cleric, druid, monk, sorcerer, wizard, dont even come close. If you're gonna make him a full caster, though, warlock would be the only one to fit.

Personally I'd go paladin of conquest, with a splash of BM or swashbuckler and a proficiency in performance, or a hexblade/rogue.

KyleG
2019-06-25, 12:01 PM
I like Dav and Gared more, but Pree is the most kick ass.

So he's a bartender with a surprise past. Sadly, 'retired conquerer' isn't a class. He's definitely got a high Charisma, but that doesn't mean it's the source of his strength. So I'll list some classes that sound right, you decide which ones.

I'd think Battlemaster fighter cause he's the type to pick up dirty tricks; swashbuckler rogue cause he's flashy. He's also a survivor, so I could see some flavour of ranger. Paladin of conquest fits the leadership/Charisma thing.

He's too intellectual and civilized to be a barbarian. I don't think bard works because bards are support, and he only played a support role after retirement. Cleric, druid, monk, sorcerer, wizard, dont even come close. If you're gonna make him a full caster, though, warlock would be the only one to fit.

Personally I'd go paladin of conquest, with a splash of BM or swashbuckler and a proficiency in performance, or a hexblade/rogue.

Always wanted to play conquest but don't want him to dominate allies. Plus it almost feels like a prestige class, then again a lot of classes feel like that when in reality you start as joe blogs and dont get close to you character vision until 10+. Ill have to think on that one.