Price:50 GP
Damage:1d8 piercing
Special:Heavy, Reach, Finesse

Repeating Crossbow
Type: Martial Range. (80/320)
Weight:10 lbs
Price: 150gp
Damage: 1d8 pierce
Special: Two handed, Heavy, Ammunition, Magazine(7) you should spend an action to reload the magazine(if you have crossbow expert feats this will only be a bonus action)
, may attack as a bonus action without dexterity modifiers to the damage

Blunderbuss
Type:Martial Range(30/120)
Price:250 gp
Damage: 2d6 bludgeon
Special: reload, Ammunition, Heavy, Two handed
Ammunition cost: 5 gp each weight:0.5 lbs each

Heavy Musket
Type:Martial Range(150/600)
Weight:8 lbs
Price:240 GP
Damage:1d10 bludgeon
Special:Heavy, two handed, reload, Ammunition

Light Musket
Weight:7 lbs
Price: 220 GP
Damage:1d8 bludgeon
Special:Two Handed, Reload, Ammunition

Arquebus
Type:Simple Range(150/600)
Price:200gp
Damage:1d6 bludgeon
Special: Two Handed, Reload, Ammunition

Matchlock Pistol
Type:Simple Range(30/120)
Weight: 2lbs
Price: 200gp
Damage:1d6 Bludgeon
Special:reload, light, Ammunition

Ninjato
Type:Martial Melee
Weight:2 lbs
Price:30 gp
Damage:1d6 slashing
Special: Versatile(d8), finesse

Suriken
Type:Martial melee
Weight:0.1 lbs
Price:1 gp
Damage:1d4 slashing
Special:thrown(30/120), finesse

Kurigama
Weight:7lbs
Price: 50 gp
Damage: 1d6 slash/1d6 bludgeon
Special:finesse, reach,Two handed, double weapon(1d4 slashing/1d4 piercing)[cannot use reach while in double weapon mode]

Sai
Weight:2lbs.
Price:50 gp
Damage:1d4 piercing
Special: Finesse, Defense, Light

Tonfa
Weight:2lbs.
Damage:1d4 bludgeon
Special: Finesse, Defense, Light

Bo Staff
Weight:5lbs
Price:20GP
Damage:1d8 Bludgeon
Special:Heavy, Finesse, Double weapon(1d6 Bludgeon/1d6 Bludgeon), Two handed

Numchuck(Chaku)
Weight:2lbs
Price:20gp
Damage:1d6 bludgeon
Special:Finesse, Light

Chain Whip
Weight:2lbs
Price:20gp
Damage:1d4 bludgeon or Piercing
Special: Finesse, reach, Defense

**Defense: when you do the dodge action you gain +1 bonus to armor class per weapon with defense your wielding to a maximum of 2

Composer99
2019-06-20, 07:11 AM
Just wandering if these weapon will break the game and 5e

Some of them may well be overpowered, or at least a little overtuned, but I rather doubt "break the game" is a risk.

Just as a general nitpick, ranged weapons that use ammunition have their ranges following the ammunition property, the way thrown weapons have them following the thrown property.

Arming Sword
Type: Martial Melee
Weigh: 3 lbs
Price :50 gp
Damage :1d8 slashing
Special : Light

1d8 is a little high for light weapons.

Scythe
Type: Simple Melee
Weight: 5 lbs
Price: 10 gp
Damage: 1d6
Special: Versatile(d8)

This is fine.

War Scythe
Damage: 1d8
Special: Reach, Two handed

This is fine.

Repeating Crossbow
Type: Martial Range. (80/320)
Price: 150gp
Damage: 1d8 pierce
Special: Two handed, Heavy, Ammunition, Magazine(7), may attack as a bonus action without dexterity modifiers to the damage

Actually might not be enough damage for a two-handed heavy weapon, but I guess you're trying to account for the bonus action attack. You should probably specify that you have to spend an action reloading the magazine or something.

Blunderbuss
Price:250 gp
Damage: 2d6 bludgeon
Special: reload, Ammunition, Heavy, Two handed

... wait, is that 5 gp per piece of ammunition? By "reload", I believe you mean it has the Loading property.

Anyway, this is fine.

Matchlock Pistol
Damage:1d6
Special:reload, one handed, light

Same comment about "reload" as with the blunderbuss. "One handed" is not a weapon property in 5e, it's the default for weapons unless they're two-handed. This is fine.

Ninjato
Weight:2 lbs
Price:30 gp
Damage:1d6 slashing
Special: Versatile(d8), finesse

This is fine.

Suriken
Type:Martial melee
Weight:0.1 lbs
Price:1 gp
Damage:1d4 slashing
Special:thrown(30/120), finesse

Shouldn't this also be light?

Kurigama
Damage: 1d4 slash/1d4 bludgeon
Special:finesse, reach(bludgeon only), double weapon(lose reach when use this way), Two handed

I think I know what you mean by "double weapon", but it's not a defined 5e term, at least not in the PHB/SRD. (I think some monster in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes has something like a double weapon?)

So just so I'm clear: Do you mean you can use both ends of the weapon with two-weapon fighting? Or do you mean when you make a weapon attack with it, you can either use it with reach and deal only bludgeoning damage or use it without reach and deal both types of damage?

tarlison2k1
2019-06-20, 07:31 AM
Some of them may well be overpowered, or at least a little overtuned, but I rather doubt "break the game" is a risk.

Just as a general nitpick, ranged weapons that use ammunition have their ranges following the ammunition property, the way thrown weapons have them following the thrown property.

1d8 is a little high for light weapons.

This is fine.

This is fine.

Actually might not be enough damage for a two-handed heavy weapon, but I guess you're trying to account for the bonus action attack. You should probably specify that you have to spend an action reloading the magazine or something.

... wait, is that 5 gp per piece of ammunition? By "reload", I believe you mean it has the Loading property.

Anyway, this is fine.

Same comment about "reload" as with the blunderbuss. "One handed" is not a weapon property in 5e, it's the default for weapons unless they're two-handed. This is fine.

This is fine.

Shouldn't this also be light?

I think I know what you mean by "double weapon", but it's not a defined 5e term, at least not in the PHB/SRD. (I think some monster in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes has something like a double weapon?)

So just so I'm clear: Do you mean you can use both ends of the weapon with two-weapon fighting? Or do you mean when you make a weapon attack with it, you can either use it with reach and deal only bludgeoning damage or use it without reach and deal both types of damage?
When it uses reach you can only use the bludgeon head, since I think they normally dont throw the sickle part, yup you can use both end for two weapon fighting but when you do, you cannot use the reach special ability, as for the reloading yes you need two hands to reload , but the pistol you can fire it using one hand but still need two hands in reloading

Composer99
2019-06-20, 08:05 AM
I see there are some new firearms.

Heavy Musket
Weight:8 lbs
Price:240 GP
Damage:1d10 bludgeon
Special:Heavy, two handed, reload, Ammunition

Light Musket
Price: 220 GP
Special:Two Handed, Reload, Ammunition

Arquebus
Type:Simple Range(80/320)
Price:200gp
Special: Two Handed, Reload, Ammunition

These seem fine. Arquebus damage might be a bit high for a simple weapon?

On to your follow-ups about the Matchlock Pistol and Kurigama.

Matchlock Pistol
Damage:1d6
Special:reload, one handed, light

as for the reloading yes you need two hands to reload , but the pistol you can fire it using one hand but still need two hands in reloading

Your point being? If you only need one hand to fire the weapon, then as I wrote you don't need an explicit "one handed" property - it's redundant. This is basically a firearm variant of a hand crossbow, which you wield one-handed (because it lacks the "two-handed" property) and which has a restricted rate of fire (because it has the "loading" property).

If you want to specify that you need two hands to reload a firearm weapon - that is, if you don't want characters wielding shields or weapons in their other hands when wielding firearms - then you're either defining a new weapon property, which I guess would be "reload", or you just spell it out.

Kurigama
Damage: 1d4 slash/1d4 bludgeon
Special:finesse, reach(bludgeon only), double weapon(lose reach when use this way), Two handed

When it uses reach you can only use the bludgeon head, since I think they normally dont throw the sickle part, yup you can use both end for two weapon fighting but when you do, you cannot use the reach special ability

Thanks for clearing that up that it's two-weapon fighting. I have no idea what you mean by "they normally dont throw the sickle part" because I didn't write anything about throwing the Kurigama. Since it's two-weapon fighting, and since this weapon isn't light, I would then say that the damage is too low. It should be 1d6/1d6, or at the worst case 1d6/1d4.

tarlison2k1
2019-06-20, 12:37 PM

Your point being? If you only need one hand to fire the weapon, then as I wrote you don't need an explicit "one handed" property - it's redundant. This is basically a firearm variant of a hand crossbow, which you wield one-handed (because it lacks the "two-handed" property) and which has a restricted rate of fire (because it has the "loading" property).

If you want to specify that you need two hands to reload a firearm weapon - that is, if you don't want characters wielding shields or weapons in their other hands when wielding firearms - then you're either defining a new weapon property, which I guess would be "reload", or you just spell it out.

Thanks for clearing that up that it's two-weapon fighting. I have no idea what you mean by "they normally dont throw the sickle part" because I didn't write anything about throwing the Kurigama. Since it's two-weapon fighting, and since this weapon isn't light, I would then say that the damage is too low. It should be 1d6/1d6, or at the worst case 1d6/1d4.
Actually I was thinking that they just carry multiple guns like pirate do and just drop a gun after firing and draw another, also since pistols are easier to conceal than hand crossbow., it could be a good assassin weapon that is until it fires😊I'm also thinking about dual wielding it then fire then drop.it and change to.some melee weapon then charge

tarlison2k1
2019-06-21, 06:23 AM

Thanks you been a good help😊

Breccia
2019-06-21, 07:22 AM
... wait, is that 5 gp per piece of ammunition?

I completely endorse black powder being expensive in a low-tech world like a standard D&D setting. Also, I'd suspect that there are extra unwritten rules about black powder weapons, ranging from "loud as the 9 Hells" to "can't be used in the rain" to "sometimes explodes". I've written a long boring post about how ridiculous much damage conventional firearms would do compared to bows and crossbows. I will assume these weapons were built to be balanced around other existing weapons, rather than for the sheer chivalry-murdering features of the first practical firearms.

Everything you said I agree with, including the repeating crossbow.

tarlison2k1
2019-06-21, 10:31 PM
I completely endorse black powder being expensive in a low-tech world like a standard D&D setting. Also, I'd suspect that there are extra unwritten rules about black powder weapons, ranging from "loud as the 9 Hells" to "can't be used in the rain" to "sometimes explodes". I've written a long boring post about how ridiculous much damage conventional firearms would do compared to bows and crossbows. I will assume these weapons were built to be balanced around other existing weapons, rather than for the sheer chivalry-murdering features of the first practical firearms.

Everything you said I agree with, including the repeating crossbow.

Thanks for the input 😊 but loud as it might be I think they might be good assassin.weapons that is until they fire considering they are a lot easier to hide even when loaded ,

sandmote
2019-06-22, 12:12 AM
Rewriting the Double-Bladed Scimitar's special property as "double weapon" isn't a bad idea. But you should probably clarify exactly how you're handling it.

I'm going to suggest writing it as "Double Weapon(Damage Type)," in the weapon's properties. So a Double-Bladed Scimitar grants "Double Weapon(Slashing)," while the polearm master feat lets you treat a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff as having the "Double Weapon(Bludgeoning)," property. Please note the damage is necessarily d4 when written this way.

What would your verdict be on making firearms noticeably stronger than other ranged weapons, but too slow to reload during a single encounter? I'd also be grateful if you could tell me where to find that post, as I'm very interested in finding a way to balance the chivalry murdering features with playability.

Thanks for the input 😊 but loud as it might be I think they might be good assassin.weapons that is until they fire considering they are a lot easier to hide even when loaded ,

In one of the legends about the warring states period in japan this exact thing happened to Oda Nobunaga, although he survived the attempt.

tarlison2k1
2019-06-22, 08:35 AM
Rewriting the Double-Bladed Scimitar's special property as "double weapon" isn't a bad idea. But you should probably clarify exactly how you're handling it.

I'm going to suggest writing it as "Double Weapon(Damage Type)," in the weapon's properties. So a Double-Bladed Scimitar grants "Double Weapon(Slashing)," while the polearm master feat lets you treat a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff as having the "Double Weapon(Bludgeoning)," property. Please note the damage is necessarily d4 when written this way.

What would your verdict be on making firearms noticeably stronger than other ranged weapons, but too slow to reload during a single encounter? I'd also be grateful if you could tell me where to find that post, as I'm very interested in finding a way to balance the chivalry murdering features with playability.

In one of the legends about the warring states period in japan this exact thing happened to Oda Nobunaga, although he survived the attempt.
I guess he must have miss the vital points

tarlison2k1
2019-06-22, 08:51 AM

I figured out the double weapon the damage goes down one step in both side once use in dual wielding example a double sword that does 1d8 slashing each obviously using two hands, once he change to dual wield mode each side Wil only do 1d6 slashing each hand

Dual Schimitar
Martial melee
Weight:4lbs
Damage: 1d8 slashing/1d8 slashing
Special:Heavy, Finesse, double weapon(1d6 slash/1d6 slash), Two handed

sandmote
2019-06-22, 11:15 AM
I guess he must have miss the vital points

The story goes the bullet was blocked by his armor, so technically his AC was too high.

I figured out the double weapon the damage goes down one step in both side once use in dual wielding example a double sword that does 1d8 slashing each obviously using two hands, once he change to dual wield mode each side Wil only do 1d6 slashing each hand

Dual Schimitar
Martial melee
Weight:4lbs
Damage: 1d8 slashing/1d8 slashing
Special:Heavy, Finesse, double weapon(1d6 slash/1d6 slash), Two handed

I feel I should point out there's already a published version of that weapon: This should be an okay link (https://www.dndbeyond.com/equipment/double-bladed-scimitar).

Although your version looks to be balanced okay. It just lets you swap between rapier damage and dual wielded scimitar damage on the fly.

tarlison2k1
2019-06-22, 01:52 PM
The story goes the bullet was blocked by his armor, so technically his AC was too high.

I feel I should point out there's already a published version of that weapon: This should be an okay link (https://www.dndbeyond.com/equipment/double-bladed-scimitar).

Although your version looks to be balanced okay. It just lets you swap between rapier damage and dual wielded scimitar damage on the fly.

Thanks , anyway Japanese armor in the old were designed to resist bullets ,but I guess if you were to be hit by a whole squad or a the old gattling gun, you will still die of blunt force trauma