PDA

View Full Version : Dragon shaman gestalt help:

ReluctantDragon
2007-10-07, 12:04 PM
So, for an upcoming game I'm running, I've got 2 pc's and will be running a dmpc as complete support. Along that line, I'm wanting to build a dragon shaman//???. I see the dragon shaman as a great support role, and am wanting to build on it and add some synergy. The obvious choice to build with it to me, is Marshal or Bard. However, this is essentially an npc and cannot be in a face/charisma role. So, I'm in somewhat of a quandary on what to have on the other side of the dragon shaman levels.

Any ideas or suggestions? Virtually any book is available to me, but I'm not really wanting to play a caster on the other side of him. Again looking for more of the support role for him.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

RD.

Ryuuk
2007-10-07, 12:31 PM
Bards don't necessarily have to be the party face. It could just be a bard that follows the turning their deeds into song. Think Sir Robin's minstrels in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Draz74
2007-10-07, 01:11 PM
The Dragon Shaman's biggest problem is the way it's supposed to be a tank, but doesn't get full BAB or feats to help it out. So Gestalting it with a tank class is a good idea. You can even get some Charisma synergy in the mix, if the tank class you pick is Knight or Crusader or something. (Too bad neither of those give it more skill points, though.)

Quellian-dyrae
2007-10-07, 01:24 PM
The Divine Mind from Complete Psionic is another aura-based classed. It depends, largely, on just how high a bonus you want the PCs to be receiving. A cleric (non-zilla) might be a good choice for the other end, with more healing, a few extra party buffs, and if the players are ever stuck they can get divinations. Alternately, a paladin increases your healing capacity and makes cure light wands available without providing access to a cleric's wide range of spells.

Dr. Weasel
2007-10-08, 12:00 AM
I would say a White Raven/Devoted Spirit Crusader would be ideal for a Charisma-focused NPC. He'd have gestalt synergy but he won't neccesarily shine himself.

Instead he'll make the party better just by standing around as a wall.

serow
2007-10-08, 09:21 AM
Dragon Shaman/Hexblade.

Up your Charisma to get that bonus to your saves (and more healing in case your PCs need it), use the Dark Companion alternate class feature (from PHB2) to debuff the enemies and Hex 'em so your PCs can kick ass much better. You get a nice BAB boost to full as well. Minor support spells shouldn't overshadow your PCs any, if they're half-decent casters.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-10-08, 10:58 AM
I would say a White Raven/Devoted Spirit Crusader would be ideal for a Charisma-focused NPC. He's have gestalt synergy but he won't neccesarily shine himself.

Instead he'll make the party better just by standing around as a wall.

I like that idea! :smile: I've been wanting to run a Gestalt campaign, or at least be a part of one as a PC.