PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Binding-able Creature

unseenmage
2019-06-20, 07:29 PM
Need a Binding-able creature that can level drain itself so I can Transference its xp away.
Then Thought Bottle it then Transference ad infinitum

Creature will be both appropriately compensated AND Mindraped for its trouble.

unseenmage
2019-06-20, 07:40 PM
Alternative means of generating craft xp faster appreciated.

Level draining Simulacrums and Thought Bottling them might work too, and require fewer hoops.

meschlum
2019-06-21, 01:34 AM
The one core Outsider capable of applying negative levels I found is the Succubus, which only works on mortals, but does not specify whether a Succubus qualifies.

You can use Planar Binding to summon two of them, and have them kiss, for Science!

If that fails, they can kiss other people too.

Thurbane
2019-06-21, 03:32 AM
There's also the Fetch (Dragonlance Campaign Setting p.223); I assume it could use it's incorporeal touch on itself?

Crake
2019-06-21, 05:48 AM
Just so you know, you can remove the thought bottle from the entire equation if you can get a creature capable of casting restoration as an SLA (like a planetar). Have a succubus drain it's level, transferrence the xp it has while 1 level lower (it has half a level's worth of xp), then restoration back to full level, rinse and repeat.

Darrin
2019-06-21, 06:17 AM
Alkilith (Fiend Folio) has enervation as an at-will SLA. 11 HD outsider.

Mature Nabassu (Fiendish Codex I) has enervation at-will, energy drain 3/day, and a Death Stealing Gaze (Su) (which presumably can't be used against itself?). 15 HD outsider, although you could probably bind a 5 HD juvenile and feed it humanoids until it transforms into a mature nabassu.

AnimeTheCat
2019-06-21, 06:28 AM
Alternative means of generating craft xp faster appreciated.

Level draining Simulacrums and Thought Bottling them might work too, and require fewer hoops.

consult with the DM about just using Pathfinder's Item Crafting system as it did away with XP costs for crafting magic items because a character shouldn't be punished for using a feat they took.