PDA

View Full Version : Blood Fiend ECL

TheRageee
2019-06-21, 02:59 AM
Hello, I'd have a player that would like to play a blood fiend. What would his ECL be, as he comes in the Fiend Folio handbook?

HouseRules
2019-06-21, 08:35 AM
Fiend Folio is the Primary Source for Level Adjustment?

According to Fiend Folio, creatures with Level Adjustment omitted have a minimum ECL of 20.

Blood Fiend does not have Level Adjustment in stat block, but it has 12 hit dice.
Therefore, Blood Fiend has a minimum ECL of 20, or shall we say, a minimum LA +8.

GrayDeath
2019-06-21, 08:52 AM
RAW there is none, so the above post has it right.

if youa re asking what would be a balanced way to let him paly one, that depends heavily on the Groups makeup and Optimization Level.

If its a classic "Sword and Bord, Scout, healbot, Blaster Wizard" Style game, I would say ECL 20 is about right.

If its a highly optimized group consisting of a Wizard/Incantatrix/Archmage, a Druid, a Persistomancing CLeric and a Ubercharger or similar, I`d say go with soemthing around ECL 14ish.

If it snon of the extremes, adapt accordingly.

HouseRules
2019-06-21, 09:03 AM
We need a third edition of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?518086-The-LA-assignment-archive&p=21798987) where the community gives reasonable LA for Tier 1-4. RAW LA are considered Tier 5 or Tier 6 adjustments, and that is too high unless you play commoner.