PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of life, follower of Arawai

Sirithhyando
2019-06-21, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,

We had our session 0 where we decided our characters at 10yo then they went training their level 1.
We are playing in eberron.

The game is going to be RP heavy.

At the age of 10, all the characters lived in a small village that was attacked by goblins. Scarred from the experience, most were send to study and eventually become a character level 1.

My character is going to be a cleric of life. I decided to choose a specific god from the Sovereign Host pantheon and decided to go with Arawai.

There's not much info on her beside some gruesome background within her family and weird ties to the dark six.

Anyway, I'd like to hear how you'd see this character acting.

His stats : STR 14/ DEX 10/ CON 16/INT 10/ WIS 18/ CHA 12
Human variant
Feat : Magic initiate (druid) for produce flame druidcraft, shillelagh and goodberry
He's going to go into melee and focus mainly on spell (next feat will probably be war caster)

The rest of the party is composed by a monk, a sorcerer and a bard (eventually glamour). If my memory doesn't fail me, we are all humans except for the sorcerer who is an elf.

So, that's about it, I'm not that good in the RP part and of course, to get better, you need to try. I've usually play something a little darker so this one would be a first.

How would you do it?

Thanks

Man_Over_Game
2019-06-21, 12:37 PM
Joining Arawai's temple pretty early on, especially after a tragic thing like losing her family, probably means that she leans into Arawai's teachings pretty heavily.

Arawai is all about being universally good, that abundance should be used to help others, and to be charitable and work hard. Fairly simple stuff.

However, Arawai also birthed The Fury, who's about as nice as you'd expect. The Fury was born from, well, we'll say "excessive passion" from Arawai's brother, and so that's what The Fury became: A raging pit of endless passion, full of insanity and other fun things.

Considering your designs for the character are mostly related to combat-oriented things, and because of your experience with violence, you could follow the same path, as a sort of "cosmic repetition". That is, raised by Arawai, a corruption in your past, beyond your control, leads you down a path of violence. You still serve Arawai, but you do so with your weapon first. Despite shifting around some of the teachings, a mother doesn't turn her back on her child.

So you might be bullheaded, fighting an inner nature to do violence, and having an interesting time of switching between hitting things and healing things. Overall, you act quickly, occasionally brashly, to solve problems immediately. If people weren't so hesitant to do the right thing, The Fury wouldn't have been born to wreck havoc as part of The Dark Six, and you'd still be with your family.

Or you could decide not to be a representation of the relationship between The Fury and Arawai, and be a full disciple, and focus on encouraging the best in everyone, relying on violence as a last resort.

Sirithhyando
2019-06-25, 07:17 AM
Thanks Man_Over_Game, that's going to be helpful on the reflexion.

So, Arawai would be for him a form of counterweight between the rage occurred by the violence during his youth.
One of his goal would be to build a birth house (not sure if that's the good term in English though), though his old village might not be the best place for it, it needs thinking a little more for sure.
But, yes, I saw him as someone who'd celebrate life and defend it with his life... with passion. The "cosmic repetition" is an interesting idea, though I don't intend to make him flirt with the line between good and evil, he's going to be clearly in the good side.