PDA

View Full Version : Sphere of Might Brawler (Brutal pummeler) Questions

Nosta
2019-06-21, 01:19 PM
I am planning a sphere of might character and I could use some Advice

My class choice is Brawler with the Brutal pummeler Archetype)

My Question is what would be some good Talents from the Boxing & open hand spheres that I could chain together to lay down the hurt

Like I know one thing is Launching upper cut from the Boxing sphere along with the Axe kick from the open hand sphere

I'd like advice picking out Talents

Secondly I'd like advice on my feat chocies
1: Any style feat that would be good
2: Can I Martial flex (Extra combat talent)

I want to focus on a Beat down character with good control via trip and Combat Reflexes

StSword
2019-06-21, 07:26 PM
Well if you want to trip this is a combination I noticed-

Open Hand-

Axe Kick allows you to add 1.5 times your usual strength bonus with unarmed strikes, and twice your strength bonus against prone opponents.

Snap Kick gives you an attack of opportunity when you successfully trip someone.

And Sweeping Kick gives you a free trip attack whenever you smack someone with an unarmed strike.

For extra nastiness, the Dual Wielding talent Dual Opportunity allows you, to once a round, attack someone twice for triggering an attack of opportunity.

So attack, free trip attack, two attacks of opportunity triggered each of them doing extra damage because the opponent is prone.

Although you'd also need Mercurial Flow to do the double strength damage with your offhand attack.

You can also do a similar combination with Launching Uppercut from Boxing- Launch someone in the air, and if they fall prone you can then use Axe Kick and Dual Opportunity for the attack of opportunity triggered when they try to get up.

Nosta
2019-06-22, 09:49 AM
Well if you want to trip this is a combination I noticed-

Open Hand-

Axe Kick allows you to add 1.5 times your usual strength bonus with unarmed strikes, and twice your strength bonus against prone opponents.

Snap Kick gives you an attack of opportunity when you successfully trip someone.

And Sweeping Kick gives you a free trip attack whenever you smack someone with an unarmed strike.

For extra nastiness, the Dual Wielding talent Dual Opportunity allows you, to once a round, attack someone twice for triggering an attack of opportunity.

So attack, free trip attack, two attacks of opportunity triggered each of them doing extra damage because the opponent is prone.

Although you'd also need Mercurial Flow to do the double strength damage with your offhand attack.

You can also do a similar combination with Launching Uppercut from Boxing- Launch someone in the air, and if they fall prone you can then use Axe Kick and Dual Opportunity for the attack of opportunity triggered when they try to get up.

I see I like that

question what should I take for my feats
and can I flex extra combat talent for more talents?

Divine Susuryu
2019-06-22, 09:48 PM
and can I flex extra combat talent for more talents?

You absolutely can flex extra combat talent for more talents, as it's a combat feat.

StSword
2019-06-22, 10:27 PM
Well for feats, since you fight barehanded, you really ought to look at dragon's tattoos, which allows you to enchant your unarmed strikes like any other weapon. A +5 leveraging unarmed strike would give you a plus 10 to trip people, ouch!

As for style feats, well as a brawler all the styles are yours, if the situation warrants it, thanks to martial flexibility, but Wolf style, it provides another opportunity to trip people, and the ability to do constitution damage to prone opponents with all three feats in the tree.

So that would certainly have synergy with your "Send foes to the ground" goal.