PDA

View Full Version : 1001 fun ways to come back to life...

Eldritch_Ent
2007-10-07, 02:22 PM
1) Kill someone, convince someone of the same cleric and alignment to raise dead them. Kill them again. Repeat until he stops falling for it.

2) Convince your DM that any combination of Holy Water and diamonds works for True Ressurection. Then use 1 cp worth of Diamond and 1000 Gold worth of Holy Water. An entire lake should suffice.

3) Reincarnate. It's fun no matter what.

4) Ressurect your party member that drowned... While only having enough "Breathe Water" spells prepared for yourself, and not for him.

5) Craft a trap that includes a permanent, recurring symbol of Control Undead...

Chronos
2007-10-07, 03:54 PM
2) Convince your DM that any combination of Holy Water and diamonds works for True Ressurection. Then use 1 cp worth of Diamond and 1000 Gold worth of Holy Water. An entire lake should suffice.And where does one find an entire lake of holy water? You could make it yourself, but then you just need 1000 GP worth of silver. I don't see the advantage (other than the absurdity of drying up a lake by expending it as a material component).

Anxe
2007-10-07, 04:15 PM
6. Light someone's crotch on fire and them raise them.
7. Raise a Paladin, but tell him they had to turn him into an Undead because they were out of Raise Dead scrolls.
8. Raise someone two hours after he died and tell him that it's been 20 years since his death.
9. Pee in his mouth and then raise him.
10. The dead person journeys through the darkness on their new plane until they come to a portal back to the Material Plane.
11. Ressurect someone underwater.
12. A little bit of Cosmetic Surgery to his Chest area before raising him. Hilarious at Dinner parties!

bugsysservant
2007-10-07, 04:27 PM
13. Kill someone on their deathbed. Raise them and wait for twenty minutes till they die of natural causes.
14. Raise someone who has been killed, but not fully dissolved by a gelatinous cube...while they are still in the cube.
15. Kill someone. Fly with their corpse into the stratosphere. Raise dead and release.

Enzario
2007-10-07, 04:37 PM
Backround: A dragon cast wish, wishing for some sort of obscenely game-breaking cohort/whatever.
Result: Due to DM fiat, it got you instead.

Jarlax
2007-10-07, 04:43 PM
16. reincarnate the Orc as an Elf, then do it again when he kills himself for being an elf.

goat
2007-10-07, 04:51 PM
And where does one find an entire lake of holy water? You could make it yourself, but then you just need 1000 GP worth of silver. I don't see the advantage (other than the absurdity of drying up a lake by expending it as a material component).

If one of my characters ever needs to remove a lake, I now have a plan.

InkEyes
2007-10-07, 04:52 PM
And where does one find an entire lake of holy water? You could make it yourself, but then you just need 1000 GP worth of silver. I don't see the advantage (other than the absurdity of drying up a lake by expending it as a material component).

The Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia has an entire ocean full of holy water. Just open a dimension door underwater at the base of the mountain and you're set.

Note: I don't endorse opening a gateway under any large bodies of water unless you have a surefire way of closing it, fast. I'd imagine the good powers would get very peeved if the whole ocean of holy water (and possibly the Oceanus River too since it empties into the holy water ocean) ends up flooding some large section of the material plane.

Drider
2007-10-07, 05:07 PM
The Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia has an entire ocean full of holy water. Just open a dimension door underwater at the base of the mountain and you're set.

Note: I don't endorse opening a gateway under any large bodies of water unless you have a surefire way of closing it, fast. I'd imagine the good powers would get very peeved if the whole ocean of holy water (and possibly the Oceanus River too since it empties into the holy water ocean) ends up flooding some large section of the material plane.

The chaotic good gods MIGHT* get it, as a prank. No way to know without trying.

*No...no they won't

InkEyes
2007-10-07, 05:26 PM
No way to know without trying
Hey, if anyone feels like volunteering for the mission I won't stop them. Infact, I'd like to know how it works out in the end (in them meantime I'll be hiding in a bunker from the impending divine fury.)

On topic:
17. Reincarnate the BBEG (or anyone you don't like) as an exceptionally large turkey and give it to the King as a Thanksgiving present.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-10-07, 05:30 PM

You just need a druid/animist, (Since ALL lakes are technically holy to them) or any of the large number of holy-to-everyone lakes. Yaknow, the kind with enchanted sword-giving maidens in them...

Edit: Oh yeah, and this would be useful in any scenario where diamonds were incredibly scarce.

TRM
2007-10-07, 05:38 PM
And where does one find an entire lake of holy water? You could make it yourself, but then you just need 1000 GP worth of silver.
The simple anwser? Mind control an army of low level clerics and have them cast Bless Water while paying from their own pockets.:smalltongue:

Lord_Gareth
2007-10-07, 09:10 PM
Hmm - all these seem to be ways to bring -others- back to life. So let's do some for -you-

18. Have your party come to the afterlife, subdue you, and bring you back through a Gate, then Modify Memory to make you think you were raised.

When did that happen to me? When my body was disintegrated by acid and the cleric was too poor to cast True Ressurection.

19. Become the victim of a trap that includes a permanent and re-setting True Ressurection spell. Proceed to die and be raised a very large number of times while the rogue tries to figure it out.

shaddy_24
2007-10-07, 09:25 PM
20. Be a living vengeful gaze of god (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/vengefulGazeOfGod.htm)/ true ressurection.

You kill somthing/ kill yourself, true ressurect yourself, kill something/ kill yourself, true ressurect yourself...

I didn't make this up myself (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually work), I found it somewhere on the internet, and can't find it again. It would be pretty amuzing though.

Mike_Lemmer
2007-10-07, 09:28 PM
19. Become the victim of a trap that includes a permanent and re-setting True Ressurection spell. Proceed to die and be raised a very large number of times while the rogue tries to figure it out.

Where do casters find the money to set up cr*p like this?!

Quietus
2007-10-07, 09:45 PM
Where do casters find the money to set up cr*p like this?!

A constant True Resurrection effect is only 2,500,000 GP worth of diamonds, the cost of the spell itself is negligible compared to that. Epic level characters can do that easily.

kleinfehn
2007-10-07, 09:45 PM
21. Be a man, dying is just another step in life. Either become god of the plane you are currently at or trick the god of that plane to send you back to the material plane.

Note that both of these is neigh impossible. Unless you challenge the god to a drinking contest of the ages!

Cogwheel
2007-10-07, 10:56 PM
22. Convince the Marut in charge of your soul that there was a "clerical error" and you shouldn't actually be dead.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-07, 11:29 PM
23) Cast geas on yourself, then argue upon your death that the binding magic of the geas, combined with your natural desire to perform the quest, should be strong enough to make you return as a Ghost. Shortly before fulfilling the geas, cast a different geas on yourself, with the command, "Complete your current quest, then..." You've established a precedent that will give you leverage for the next quest. You are now effectively immortal, unless you fail to make a DC 16 level check (Helpful Hint: Wait until level 15 before performing this trick).

mostlyharmful
2007-10-08, 04:49 AM
24. BRAAAAIIIINNNSS!!! BRAAAAIIIIINNNNSS!!!

use zombify and then awaken undead. now the foghter really can be a meat shield:smallbiggrin: