PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Complete list of cantrips and orisons?

redking
2019-06-23, 07:19 AM
Is there a complete list of cantrips and orisons anywhere? Including content from the Wizards website and Dragon Magazine.

Mike Miller
2019-06-23, 10:25 AM
I don't know about orisons, but short of dragon magazine, there are only cantrips in PHB and SpC without resorting to third party.

MisterKaws
2019-06-23, 11:06 AM
I don't know about orisons, but short of dragon magazine, there are only cantrips in PHB and SpC without resorting to third party.

Ghostwalk, Magic of Faerun and Book of Vile Darkness have some unique cantrips/orisons. There's also the cleric orison Summon Holy Symbol from Complete Champion, the Druid orison Scarecrow from Masters of the Wild and the Bard cantrip Percussion from Song and Silence. Those are the only obscure officially published cantrips I can find now, using totally maybe-not-so-legal means, but going through 100 books is too much of a hassle.

For the Dragon Magazine, there's Chalkboard from Issue 324, page 70, and a bunch of them in Dragon 326, page 72. I don't know about any other besides those.

Thurbane
2019-06-23, 05:31 PM

Also BoVD, MoF, Underdark, online articles, and others.

This is a decent search tool: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/SearchList.php

MisterKaws
2019-06-23, 07:08 PM
Also BoVD, MoF, Underdark, online articles, and others.

This is a decent search tool: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/SearchList.php

Weren't the ones at underdark updated to SpC?

Vizzerdrix
2019-06-23, 07:19 PM
I know of 3 nice 3rd party ones.

One is a SNA at 0th level (you summon things of about rat size and power).
One conjures a pound of tools for a short time.
One makes a single tiny undead.

Again, 3rd party, but neat options.

Thurbane
2019-06-23, 07:23 PM
Weren't the ones at underdark updated to SpC?

Quite possibly. I know the BoVD ones weren't though. I think most were too "squicky" to make it into the SC.

MisterKaws
2019-06-23, 07:33 PM
Quite possibly. I know the BoVD ones weren't though. I think most were too "squicky" to make it into the SC.

They ones I've seen that didn't make it were only Ghostwalk's pointlessly specific anti-ghost cantrips, BoVD's evil cantrips and random mostly useless cantrips from PGtF.