PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 help with feats and class appreciated

samduke
2019-06-23, 08:19 PM
a build that I am looking at, I want to make sure I have the information correct and would appreciate the help of you playgrounders

half giant with the primodial template, the main part of this is the SLA, PLA of the race and template combined and how it may interact with the rest.

Feats: Magical Training, Practiced Spellcaster, Scribe Scroll, Arcane Mastery

Class Warlock/Hellfire Warlock, Level not important, the main part here is the class is an arcane caster with invocations.

What is desired is to be able to use any scroll or power stone with or without UMD.

I do not think the SLA/PLA is enough in it's own right to allow for a non umd of arcane/divine scrolls or psionic power stones

If I understand magical training and practiced spellcaster the warlock should be able to count as any other arcane caster & use any arcane scroll within normal cast level limits, and with UMD any divine scroll within normal cast level limits.

so if this not the best way any help here is appreciated

Venger
2019-06-23, 08:38 PM
deceive item will cover your bases in this regard, though it does require umd. I'm assuming your gm is letting you ignore the prereqs for magical training, because half-giants, primordial or otherwise, do not qualify for it.

magical training would allow you to avoid rolls for wizard or sorcerer, but not for other classes.

having slas/plas does not allow you to use wands without umd. you need to have a list to do this.

samduke
2019-06-23, 10:16 PM
deceive item will cover your bases in this regard, though it does require umd. I'm assuming your gm is letting you ignore the prereqs for magical training, because half-giants, primordial or otherwise, do not qualify for it.

magical training would allow you to avoid rolls for wizard or sorcerer, but not for other classes.

having slas/plas does not allow you to use wands without umd. you need to have a list to do this.

yeah not worried over wands just scrolls of arcane and divine types mostly

Venger
2019-06-23, 10:18 PM
the answer is the same