PDA

View Full Version : Site Issue Elements Not Loading

Vaern
2019-06-24, 11:16 AM
I've been experiencing a problem with the forum for the past few days in which a number of elements don't seem to be loading properly. For example, the header bars for account settings and site navigation are instead showing up as a bulletpointed list of hyperlinks.
I'm using Google Chrome and have not installed any updates, added any extensions, or changed any settings thereof recently. I've disabled my ad blocker just to make sure it's not blocking things that it shouldn't be. Issue is present when trying to use the default browser, but everything seems to work just fine in incognito mode.
Issue only seems to be present on this forum. I have just checked a number of other vBulletin forums that I have bookmarked and all seem to be functioning properly.

Edit: Found something on google that suggested pressing ctrl+F5 for a cache refresh, and this appears to have solved my problem.

Douglas
2019-06-24, 01:21 PM
This is caused by Chrome failing to correctly load the site's css files, and caching the failure. It's rare but can happen with any site that uses css (which is most sites). The solution, as you found, is to force a full refresh of the site, which on Windows has a keyboard shortcut of ctrl+F5.

Incognito mode worked for you because it uses a completely separate cache to prevent anything in your normal cache from breaking the "incognito" nature of it.