PDA

View Full Version : The Champion, Now with rebalancing questions

StickMan
2007-10-07, 06:28 PM
I'm planing to play Rich's Champion class and wanted to here what people had to say about it and build advice looking at it I'm not seeing it as a very powerful class, but I still want to play it. If anyone has played one in the past please tell me about the experience.

Thanks for any input,
Stickman

Dullyanna
2007-10-07, 06:38 PM
I think this class was discussed in the Gaming Articles forum, if I'm not mistaken.

StickMan
2007-10-07, 06:40 PM
I think this class was discussed in the Gaming Articles forum, if I'm not mistaken.

And that would have been the smart place to look first... Man total newbie mistake Stickman your a total loser.... OH wait thats me.

Dullyanna
2007-10-07, 07:04 PM
You're not a total loser. Not for making a mistake like that. I know some total losers, and you sir, are no total loser:smalltongue: .

The Glyphstone
2007-10-07, 07:09 PM
I've actually got one player using it in the RL game I'm running. It's quite a fun class to deal with RPwise - mechanically, it's quite powerful the 1 to X times per day you can "hulk out", and a bit mediocre otherwise, pretty much as designed I'd say. Gaining a free stat boost every level makes the Champion Form (of Kord, so he's dumped every drop into Strength) have a ridiculous Strength score on par with the Werebear Fighter in the group, and much better HP and resilience in combat.

StickMan
2007-10-07, 07:22 PM
I think its a cool class I don't think I would use it though. It is a little to superhero for DND.

Yep that is a quote from me from over a year ago, in a thread on the class.
Funny how my mind changes some times, and you forget what you posted in the past. I was like hey wait thats me.

OK question if anyone cares to post do you get a first level feat in Avatar form?(I think this is fine asking this hear as its still a gaming question and not about the actual piece.)

Dullyanna
2007-10-07, 07:47 PM
OK question if anyone cares to post do you get a first level feat in Avatar form?(I think this is fine asking this hear as its still a gaming question and not about the actual piece.)

It's related to gaming so it's fine anyway. And yes, the avatar gets a feat as well.

StickMan
2007-10-07, 08:14 PM
So what kind of feats should I be focusing on, I was thinking there has to be something I can do that is not combat related for the Champion that will still be useful,in combat. I was thinking I would pump INT and do a semi-skill monkey thing but what other role can the Champion take to help the team cause at low levels does not seem like I'll be good in combat.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-07, 08:19 PM
A champion is a meatshield, plain 'n simple. If you want him to be of use outside avatar form, get a second meatshield, and have the champion be support to it. Else, there's not much to do.

TO_Incognito
2007-10-07, 08:31 PM
In other news, the flavor text still contradicts the class's description when Sir Thiritan treats the Golden Champion exactly as he treats his squire pre-possession. :smallfrown:

dyslexicfaser
2007-10-07, 09:09 PM
Am I missing something?

The Gaming Articles section is pretty sparse - only 3 threads - and none of them having to do with the Champion.

StickMan
2007-10-08, 08:38 AM
You need to expand it to show older threads it only shows recent threads.

StickMan
2007-10-08, 07:51 PM
OK I'm seeing the main weakness, of the class as being the total lack of anything for the non avatar to do. Even with the option of having totally different builds with a lack of feats or Spell casting ability. I was thinking what if the class was given the Bards spell casting progression but only usable by the non avatar form.

dyslexicfaser
2007-10-08, 10:25 PM
I don't see the non-avatar as being a problem. He has some minor healing, and you can give him a completely different build than the avatar.

I tried playing one in an adventure once and liked it - the champ was a defensive/disarm fighter with a shield he could drop as a free action when he went avatar (a power attacking, combat brute of a build)