PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Rewards for a Tempest Cleric

Stallrein
2019-06-24, 01:07 PM
Any ideas for items that would be good for a Tempest Cleric as an end of dungeon reward?

The PC was looking for something that would increase their spells or possibly give them more uses of a spell.

Pearl of Power seems like the obvious choice here, but I am trying to stray away from it because they have gotten this item as a reward previously

Also open to suggestions for ANY magic item/reward that synergize well with a cleric.

Waazraath
2019-06-24, 01:28 PM
Any ideas for items that would be good for a Tempest Cleric as an end of dungeon reward?

The PC was looking for something that would increase their spells or possibly give them more uses of a spell.

Pearl of Power seems like the obvious choice here, but I am trying to stray away from it because they have gotten this item as a reward previously

Also open to suggestions for ANY magic item/reward that synergize well with a cleric.

Wand of Lightning Bolts? Thematiccally very appropriate, nice cause its not on the cleric's spell list (but can be attuned to by any spellcaster), and RAW augmentable by Channel Divinity (I think).

Aridon
2019-06-24, 01:35 PM

Staff of Thunder and Lightning would be a good choice as well.

Nhorianscum
Wand of Lightning Bolts? Thematiccally very appropriate, nice cause its not on the cleric's spell list (but can be attuned to by any spellcaster), and RAW augmentable by Channel Divinity (I think).

This is a kinda insane item that deals a flat 48-84 damage line in the hands of a tempest cleric.

It is also a dream come true for that caster though so I'm all in for this idea.

NatureKing
Ring of Spell storing.

Callak_Remier
2019-06-25, 10:03 PM
Horn of Valhalla. Seems a bad ass out of left field reward that is thematically fitting.

Galadhrim
2019-06-25, 10:20 PM
It doesn't add spell slots, but belt of dwarvenkind is a good reward for a cleric, especially one that is often in melee.

Blood of Gaea
2019-06-26, 12:44 AM
A magical warhammer that gives them the ability to cast booming blade.

CTurbo
2019-06-26, 03:44 AM
Not sure what level and/or how powerful you were going for, but in addition to the items already mentioned, here are a few more

Amulet of Health - Any Cleric would love to have Con set to 19.
Javelin of Lightning - Not terribly powerful but definitely thematically appropriate
Belt of Giant Strength(any) - Tempests are among the toughest Clerics and some of the most likely to appreciate having a boosted melee.

Laserlight
2019-06-27, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't recommend a melee weapon unless you know the player has his heart set on it; after L5, a Tempest is mostly going to be using spells except for clean up at the end of a fight. I wanted a daiklave (ridiculously oversized sword) for my Tempest but purely for RP reasons; magic armor or something that gave me a Lightning Bolt or a similar Lightning spell would have been much more effective.

RickAsWritten
2019-06-27, 12:08 PM
A holy symbol that grants them another use of Channel Divinity per short rest and, depending on how good you want it to be, grants a +1 to spell save DC.

Evaar
2019-06-27, 12:20 PM
Depending on how they're building - if they've invested in Wisdom but do a lot of melee, Belt of Giant Strength or Gauntlets of Ogre Power.

Sjappo
2019-06-27, 06:41 PM
Something that puts Shocking Grasp and or Lightning Lure on the Cleric spell list would fit as well.