PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Spell Sequencer: What combinations would you use?

Silkensword
2019-06-24, 06:19 PM
Hi all!

I wanted to Brainstorm some ideas for an epic level spell (as detailed in the book Epic Legacy) which allows you to cast any 3 spells below level 5 as a bonus action.

I'm having all kinds of thoughts already- perfect getaways, lockdown and damage, a lot of cool stuff to think about!

So, is there anything you can come up with? Specific combos or just general ideas for me to investigate are both welcome!

Kane0
2019-06-24, 06:21 PM
How does it function with concentration?

Armor of Agathys + Mirror Image + Fire Shield
Cone of Cold + Destructive Wave + Synaptic Static
Mass Cure Wounds + Death Ward + Aid
Dispel Magic + Blindness/Deafness + Charm Monster
Fireball + Ice Storm + Vitriolic Sphere
Jump + Longstrider + Freedom of Movement
Magic Circle + Ceremony + Planar Binding

Silkensword
2019-06-24, 06:24 PM
How does it function with concentration?

I assume if you attempt to cast more than one concentration spell with this, only the one you choose to maintain concentration on remains. My character has (through some shenanigans) the ability to concentrate on two spells at once, so if you want to come up with something that requires that, feel free!

Blood of Gaea
2019-06-24, 08:02 PM
Wall of Force, Synaptic Static, and Sickening Radiance.

Lock them up, stun them, leave them to bake.

Fable Wright
2019-06-24, 09:26 PM
As a Shepherd Druid player:

1. Plant Growth + Sleet Storm + Transmute Rock to Mud, if you can clear seeds on rocky ground turning into overgrowth with the DM. (Why wouldn't he clear it, if you're already epic?)

Moving 1ft costs you 8ft of movement. When you might be burning your action to unstick yourself from the mud. Or stand from prone. And you can't see anything. And fliers are grounded from that sleet. And everything but the sleet is instantaneous.

2. Conjure Animals + Transmute Rock + Water Walk. My velociraptors can finally MOVE across the controlled terrain.

3. Wall of Stone + Hallucinatory Terrain + Plant Growth. Very simple combination, but you're not allowed to move without my permission, and can't make ranged attacks unless you can fire them through a stone wall, and target them despite an illusionary fog hanging 10ft over you.

...Druids are really bad at non-concentration spells. That said, since we get to apparently ignore casting time...

4. Conjure Elemental + Planar Binding + Awaken. Just get some extra minions out there for the next day.