PDA

View Full Version : The Birdbarian: Aarakocra Barbarian?

Whiskeyjack8044
2019-06-25, 12:16 AM
Using a Glaive's Reach and the Totem of the Egale you can move up to 100ft and attack without triggering Opportunity Attacks? Am I reading this right?

Sure shooting a bow as an Arakocra is cool, but why fire an arrow when you can turn yourself into a missile?

Quoz
2019-06-25, 12:49 AM
Dont forget grappling! Grab someone and fly straight up, then drop as a free action. You aren't leaving their reach, so no OA. And when they take fall damage they are automatically prone, so your friends can dogpile them on the ground.

Whiskeyjack8044
2019-06-25, 10:17 AM
Lol, that reminds me of those birds that drop crabs on rocks to get at the soft bits.

Cygnia
2019-06-25, 10:50 AM
We've got a Birdbarian in our group...think she's only using PHB stuff as she's still figuring out the system.

Man_Over_Game
2019-06-25, 10:57 AM
Using a Glaive's Reach and the Totem of the Egale you can move up to 100ft and attack without triggering Opportunity Attacks? Am I reading this right?

Sure shooting a bow as an Arakocra is cool, but why fire an arrow when you can turn yourself into a missile?

The best way of playing this would be as an Ancestral Guardian. Ancestral Guardians play best when they can avoid being hit, and, well, you have Reach and Flight, so...have fun.