PDA

View Full Version : Timeless Body

Stormcrow
2007-10-07, 07:03 PM
My question is this. Is Timeless body the druid abillity at level 15 for thematic or powerbase reasons. Theres a class in my Homebrew world that really needs it earlier than level fifteen.

Anxe
2007-10-07, 07:05 PM
It's really for thematic purposes. I don't know of any game that lasted more than 2 or 3 years in game time.

Dark Knight Renee
2007-10-07, 07:22 PM
I gotta second that. The only game I know of that's lasted for enough years in-game for it to matter at all is one I've been running for over a decade IRL. And by then, it's unlikely that you'd be using the same characters as PCs.

the_tick_rules
2007-10-07, 07:26 PM
as stated above it matters in prolonged campaigns.

Guy_Whozevl
2007-10-07, 07:29 PM
It can also be used by munchkins if the campaign starts at level 15. They can claim they rose to level 15 at the prime of their life, took a huge hiatus (thus growing 3 age categories, getting +3 on Int, Wis, and Cha), and then begining the current adventure.

Drider
2007-10-07, 07:35 PM
Really, except for what guy_whozevl said, It's pretty weak. You don't want it to be to low of a lvl, but, if you make it so that it's 1 lvl after the game's lvl starts, you should be good.

Stormcrow
2007-10-07, 07:53 PM
But you see... If I give it as a level three class abilitity they don't get the bonuses nor penalties of ageing from level three onwards. So unless they took their levels at age 70+ theres no issue. And even then, its a moot point for munchkins because it stops the development of age period, so they allready have the penalties if they start out venerable, it can't back track those penalties.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-10-07, 08:01 PM
Actually, the bonuses will still accrue. It's just the penalties that get negated.

Stormcrow
2007-10-07, 08:04 PM
That's pretty awesome really. Druids just keep getting more powerful as they age.

Thematically I'm working on a Witch Class that doesn't age but can cosmetically appear to be any age they like.