PDA

View Full Version : Galders Tower - Question regarding permanency

Chrizzt
2019-06-25, 12:49 PM
Hello dear fellows,

The spell description for Galders Tower says, you can make the spell permanent by casting it in the same location and the same configuration every day for one year.

I have 2 questions in that regard:

a) It also says you can "cast the spell while it is active" to again prolong the duration of the spell for again 24 hours. Do I need to be at the place of the tower for this, or can I also cast it while being abroad and the tower is renewed whereever it currently stands? (Similar to refreshing Animate Undead, if I recall correctly)

b) Given the spell has correctly be cast each day for a year, do the contents of the tower also get permanent? Or will they still vanish once they are brought out of the tower?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Toofey
2019-06-25, 02:04 PM
What is this spell from, I'm only seeing it on a wiki and it is way to powerful to be 3rd level

Chrizzt
2019-06-25, 02:10 PM
It is from the Adventure "Lost Laboratories of Kwalish".

I once also thought it was too powerful to be a 3rd level spell. For most practical uses, Leomunds Tiny Hut is more powerful. I see it more as a very flavorful spell which helps me to appear more "wizardy".

Also, each level of the tower is only 10x10 large, so its quite "cozy".

noob
2019-06-25, 02:11 PM
What is this spell from, I'm only seeing it on a wiki and it is way to powerful to be 3rd level

It does not seems very powerful: it have a casting time of 10 minutes and there is another spell which at the same level provides more protection although for a shorter time.

Spectrulus
2019-06-26, 10:35 AM
The way it's worded, yes you would have to be within range to extend the towers duration

Given the contents, that's completely up to DM as the spell doesn't specify

Chrizzt
2019-06-28, 01:02 PM
Thank you! I was afraid the text would rule out as such..