PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew Subclass Creation Guide - first draft

nickl_2000
2019-06-25, 01:47 PM
So, for the past few weeks I've been trying to analyze all the subclasses in official published material from WotC and come up with a guide for those that are working on creating homebrew. I've gotten through the initial creation of the document and would love comments and thought from anyone who has the time and inclination to go through it. The document is a bit of a wall of text with it's 26 pages, but even if you could spend the time looking over one of the classes you really like writing subclasses for it would help. Also, please be gentle on typos and proofreading issues, editing to clean up the wording and phrasing is my next step.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wGeddYfci8vzpvCe_v19mtVrKL2w_h9ieNTPEFN3kk4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone who has this link can add comments to the document itself, so feel free to comment in here or on the document.

thank you everyone!

Composer99
2019-06-25, 03:12 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I would suggest mentioning how much power each class gets out of its subclasses versus base class. You touch on that aspect with druids, but I think it would be nice to see in the discussions of other classes as well

nickl_2000
2019-06-25, 05:48 PM
Thanks for taking a look, I will try and get that added for the rest of the subclasses tomorrow.