PDA

View Full Version : Bard/Rogue feat?

XxPhantomBoomxX
2019-06-25, 02:38 PM
Hey, so i'm playing with a 3.5e group and I wanted to combine a Bard and Rogue and I was curious to see if any of you guys knew about a feat that combined the two. I know that there's one combining paladin and certain classes and a few other combos, I just didn't know about this one.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Venger
2019-06-25, 02:48 PM
Hey, so i'm playing with a 3.5e group and I wanted to combine a Bard and Rogue and I was curious to see if any of you guys knew about a feat that combined the two. I know that there's one combining paladin and certain classes and a few other combos, I just didn't know about this one.

Your help would be much appreciated!

There is no such feat, but you could probably houserule one with your dm. "Outlaw Musician" or something to that effect that allowed bard and rogue levels to stack for determining bardic music and sneak attack if you're restricted to those two classes. Generally, spellcasters are better off not losing casting levels, though.

If mixing those classes interests you, you might look at the arcane trickster prestige class, which lets you progress spells and sneak attack, or fochlucan lyricist.

XxPhantomBoomxX
2019-06-25, 02:52 PM
There is no such feat, but you could probably houserule one with your dm. "Outlaw Musician" or something to that effect that allowed bard and rogue levels to stack for determining bardic music and sneak attack if you're restricted to those two classes. Generally, spellcasters are better off not losing casting levels, though.

If mixing those classes interests you, you might look at the arcane trickster prestige class, which lets you progress spells and sneak attack, or fochlucan lyricist.

Oh shoot, thanks a ton dude! I'll make sure to check those options out, as said above I appreciate the help a lot! Have a great day!

Anthrowhale
2019-06-25, 03:15 PM
You could be a Rogue/Bard/Cleric n taking "Sacred Outlaw" and "Sacred Perfomer" to advance Sneak Attack, Bardic Music/day, and Bardic Knowledge with cleric levels.

ExLibrisMortis
2019-06-25, 04:59 PM
You can probably get a good deal of bardic music and sneak attack by combining Heartfire Fanner and Unseen Seer on a bard or trickster spellthief base, using Naenhoon Persist (nicely limited, so your DM won't hate it too much) to get hunter's eye (which you can pick up with US Advanced Learning). Chaos Music + vest of legends gives you nine levels of Inspire Courage advancement, and a single level in Heartfire Fanner gives you fifth-level bardic music, which together is enough for Inspire Courage +3.