PDA

View Full Version : The Most Powerful PC EVER! The Scariest level 7 Single Classed PC! How defeat it?

Zox
2019-06-26, 10:58 AM
The Mod Ogre: As a reminder: DO NOT REPLY TO SORCERER KING POSTS.

Except for folks who are VERY new around here, we all know that he will occasionally come in with his spam, despite being banned. Repeatedly. Do not contribute to his posts. Report them. Send me (or other mods) a link. I make a habit of scanning for them whenever I come on.

Teaguethebean
2019-06-26, 11:02 AM
I reccomend changing the name of your post otherwise you will keep getting band as everyone sees it and reports it

Zox
2019-06-26, 11:04 AM
I reccomend changing the name of your post otherwise you will keep getting band as everyone sees it and reports it

Fair enough. :smallbiggrin:

Jophiel
2019-06-26, 11:05 AM
Those gifs make it look as though the Sorcerer whatever is off to attack the fabled lost realm of Geocities.

Zox
2019-06-26, 11:10 AM
Those gifs make it look as though the Sorcerer whatever is off to attack the fabled lost realm of Geocities.
Cool gifs!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/bf/74/5cbf74864ead152876fd1a7dbc69856b.gif
Distant Tidal Wave Spell (240ft)

I'm learning english and editing videos/pictures. I'm using those skills to my Engineering job.

Zox
2019-06-26, 11:50 AM
Single classed Sorcerer King
Low level
No magical Item
No DM dependence
Easily Playable and fun
Hard to defeat
Really cool thematic
Your party will love you

Kyutaru
2019-06-26, 12:00 PM

He's changing everything else so why not? This isn't even the same build. He keeps modifying the build as people keep proving him wrong on how it works. This is the original build:

https://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?602665-(OPTIMIZATION)-THE-NAMELESS-KING-!-THE-WIZARD-s-NIGHTMARE!-LAST-BOSS

denthor
2019-06-26, 12:04 PM
With an 8 wisdom invite him for beer. Get drunk and he is done. He must roll to use his skill spells no targeting and he still think your his friend as you hit him and he can not feel the pain.

Zox
2019-06-26, 12:06 PM
He's changing everything else so why not? This isn't even the same build. He keeps modifying the build as people keep proving him wrong on how it works. This is the original build:

Wrong, this build is perfectly RAW-based. The older builds are using Magical items and High Level and multiclass(Sorlock).

New builds are without a single magical item, simplier enough to be playable and I create low level, mid level and high level. Single classed Sorcerer King.
Yes, I'm improving those builds.

Zox
2019-06-26, 12:14 PM
With an 8 wisdom invite him for beer. Get drunk and he is done. He must roll to use his skill spells no targeting and he still think your his friend as you hit him and he can not feel the pain.

Deadly beer. It's like homer simpson. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Teaguethebean
2019-06-26, 12:24 PM

https://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?602665-(OPTIMIZATION)-THE-NAMELESS-KING-!-THE-WIZARD-s-NIGHTMARE!-LAST-BOSS

I know he has posted this before just with this one it actually works without many shenanigans it just creates an effective minionmancer who is damn hard to kill

Zox
2019-06-26, 12:29 PM
I know he has posted this before just with this one it actually works without many shenanigans it just creates an effective minionmancer who is damn hard to kill
The idea is be fun, playable and really effective sorcerer king. :smallbiggrin:

Fable Wright
2019-06-26, 12:46 PM
So first, this build is predicated on a GM allowing Ravnica backgrounds.

... that's a fatal flaw right there. If they are allowed, Golgari Warlock with level 4 Animate Dead twice per short rest has already won everything.

Also, as a Shepherd Druid player, I'm distinctly unimpressed. You've got, like, 4 eagles and spend 10 minutes prebuffing them, burning two second level and three first level slots. And your third level slots are tied up with animate dead. Cool. I'm going to summom eight flying snakes with my action, give them 12 temp HP with my bonus action, and see if I have an Eversmoking Bottle or an ally to cast Fog Cloud or Darkness. The snakes attack for 8.5 damage each, with advantage, at +6, with Flyby, and return attacks are at Disadvantage. They're going to take out the eagles REALLY easily, and there's suddenly only a low level sorcerer and four skeletons without slots left to deal with.

And I burned all of one third level slot and a short rest recharge ability for this.

This is supposed to outclass me... how?

EDIT: Also, Curse of Strahd's Dark Gift isn't compatible with Ravnica and how are you concentrating on both Dragon's Breath and Conjure Animals?

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 12:57 PM
Wrong, this build is perfectly RAW-based. The older builds are using Magical items and High Level and multiclass(Sorlock).

New builds are without a single magical item, simplier enough to be playable and I create low level, mid level and high level. Single classed Sorcerer King.
Yes, I'm improving those builds.

You violate concentration rules in like a dozen different ways.

So no, it isn't even remotely RAW.

Friv
2019-06-26, 01:09 PM

They're also creating 5th-level spell slots and casting 5th level spells using Flexible Casting, despite being a Level 7 character who can't learn or cast 5th-level spells.

Comaward
2019-06-26, 01:09 PM
This build, while certainly interesting, will not work.
You cannot concentrate on both Conjure Animals and Dragon's Breath at the same time.

Second, while the image of a skeleton army riding giant eagles is awesome, there is one other problem.

All skeletons and the SK are using Dark Robes and Masks, It isn’t a disguise, It hides their physical appareance. Impossible to know who is the SK.

Your build is not equipped with Subtle Spell.
I would argue that it would make it very easy to identify the spellcaster, as they would be the one fellow in this undead group shouting strange words in a mystical language.

Finally, you mention 5th level spells. I assume you mean the 3rd level spell slots you first received at 5th level, because otherwise what you are trying to accomplish simply will not work until you advance to 9th level.

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 01:12 PM
Also has, near as I can tell, the Familiar casting Warding Bond on...the Sorcerer?

Yeah, that spell and the familiar casting doesn't work like that. You could Warding Bond the familiar, but the sorc wouldn't be getting the benefit, only the additional damage.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:14 PM

"remotely"

ahaha

Lucky, Sorcerer King uses concentration
Sorcerer King's familiar uses a touch spell. Dragon's breath.

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 01:15 PM
"remotely"

ahaha

Lucky, Sorcerer King uses concentration
Sorcerer King's familiar uses a touch spell. Dragon's breath.

As pointed out a brazillion times, Conjure Animals and DB are both concentration. No. This is why you get banned, which is rather entertaining.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:15 PM
They're also creating 5th-level spell slots and casting 5th level spells using Flexible Casting, despite being a Level 7 character who can't learn or cast 5th-level spells.

A sorcerer can. :smallbiggrin:

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:17 PM
As pointed out a brazillion times, Conjure Animals and DB are both concentration. No. This is why you get banned, which is rather entertaining.

Yes, little boy. But It's the FAMILIAR's concentration. Not Sorcerer King.
Is It wrong?

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:19 PM
Also, as a Shepherd Druid player, I'm distinctly unimpressed. You've got, like, 4 eagles and spend 10 minutes prebuffing them, burning two second level and three first level slots. And your third level slots are tied up with animate dead. Cool. I'm going to summom eight flying snakes with my action, give them 12 temp HP with my bonus action, and see if I have an Eversmoking Bottle or an ally to cast Fog Cloud or Darkness. The snakes attack for 8.5 damage each, with advantage, at +6, with Flyby, and return attacks are at Disadvantage. They're going to take out the eagles REALLY easily, and there's suddenly only a low level sorcerer and four skeletons without slots left to deal with.

All you can do, The SK do double numbers and double duration and with undeads.

Eversmoking bottle is a magical item and Fog Cloud and Darkness is out your spell list.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:20 PM
Find Familiar and Concentrate 2 spells.
"Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell"

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 01:21 PM

Is It wrong?

No, THAT'S why he gets banned. Being wrong isn't a bannable offense. Being insulting, repeatedly and without care for others, can be.

Also ban evasion. That's another reason he gets (re)banned.

But, to address that specific point, Familiars do not have the Spellcasting feature. They can, if within 100', deliver Touch Spells, but they do not cast spells themselves.

Friv
2019-06-26, 01:23 PM
To quote Kroach the Tracker

A sorcerer can. :smallbiggrin:

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:23 PM
But, to address that specific point, Familiars do not have the Spellcasting feature. They can, if within 100', deliver Touch Spells, but they do not cast spells themselves.

Find Familiar.
Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:24 PM
To quote Kroach the Tracker
Incorrect.

Sorcerer's Flexible Casting Disagrees. It's RAW.
A Sorcerer can create 5th level spells slots being level 7 PC.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 01:25 PM
Find Familiar.
Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell

Cool. If your DM wants to rule against the RAW, that's fine.

But then the build presented above (the Shepherd Druid) can now grab Magic Initiate for Find Familiar, and both have Fog Cloud up as well as the poisonous snakes.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:27 PM

But then the build presented above (the Shepherd Druid) can now grab Magic Initiate for Find Familiar, and both have Fog Cloud up as well as the poisonous snakes.
Basically the BAD argument of DM's power.
RAW is RAW. DM's House rule is DM's house rule

Ok. Cool, THE SK do it double creatures, double duration and with Powerful Undeads.

Whatever, Your Flying snakes is dead with a single Tidal Wave and longbow shots. It isn't a challenge.
Also, Dragon's breath against low HP creatures is cool.

Friv
2019-06-26, 01:31 PM
Sorcerer's Flexible Casting Disagrees. It's RAW.
A Sorcerer can create 5th level spells slots being level 7 PC.

Sure, but you can't learn a 5th level spell.

Dragon Breath is a 5th-level Evocation, and to quote the sorcerer, "The Spells Known column of the Sorcerer table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots."

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:32 PM
Also has, near as I can tell, the Familiar casting Warding Bond on...the Sorcerer?

Yeah, that spell and the familiar casting doesn't work like that. You could Warding Bond the familiar, but the sorc wouldn't be getting the benefit, only the additional damage.
I beg to disagree. Warding Bond works exactly as I mentioned.

Find Familiar
Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell.

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 01:33 PM

Don't even entertain that. I sincerely doubt this poster has a DM.

"it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it" Nope. Sorc is still casting the spell, Sorc is still using its concentration. Same for why Familiar can't cast Warding Bond on the Sorcerer, since the Sorcerer would be casting the spell on themselves.

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/11/19/can-you-cast-warding-bond-on-yourself/

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:34 PM
Sure, but you can't learn a 5th level spell.

Dragon Breath is a 5th-level Evocation, and to quote the sorcerer, "The Spells Known column of the Sorcerer table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots."
Emphasis Mine,
It's a level 2th spell.

The Sorcerer King upcasted to 5th spell slot

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:37 PM
Don't even entertain that. I sincerely doubt this poster has a DM.

"it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it" Nope. Sorc is still casting the spell, Sorc is still using its concentration. Same for why Familiar can't cast Warding Bond on the Sorcerer, since the Sorcerer would be casting the spell on themselves.

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/11/19/can-you-cast-warding-bond-on-yourself/

Casting a spell doesn't use concentration. But, who will delivery as the caster.
No. The Familiar is delivering the touch spell as It had casted.
RAW is RAW.

YOU CAN'T TARGET WARDING BOND ON YOURSELF. Yes. But It's FAMILIAR'S warding bond.

Did you know read the spell?
The familiar is considered as It had casted. FAMILIAR.

If the DM rule against the Familiar's concentration. It's ok, nothing change.

Friv
2019-06-26, 01:40 PM
Emphasis Mine,
It's a level 2th spell.

The Sorcerer King upcasted to 5th spell slot

Oops, I will concede that one. I was looking at the Kobold Press spell Dragon Breath, which is different from the Xanathar's spell Dragon's Breath.

Fable Wright
2019-06-26, 01:41 PM
All you can do, The SK do double numbers and double duration and with undeads.

Eversmoking bottle is a magical item and Fog Cloud and Darkness is out your spell list.

No, Fog Cloud is definitely in the Druid list, and no, you can't.

My summons can deal magical damage. You can't.

I can apply HP buffs without spending 10 minutes for Inspiring Leader. You can't.

If someone dispels my summon, I can reset it for one third level spell. If someone dispels your setup, you lost...

1. All your base Sorcery Points plus a first level slot for the Extended Conjure Animals
2. Three second level slots and a first level slot for Aid
3. Your fourth level slot and a first level slot for Extended Dragon's Breath, if that was somehow legal

Assuming you got 8 whole skeletons for this trick, you now have...

1 first level slot
0 second level slots
1 third level slot
0 fourth level slots

After one (1) Dispel. Or running out of duration.

Or, since this is level 7 and the DM clearly doesn't care about balance, the Druid summons eight pixies. Eight Dispel Magics, eight Entangles, eight Phantasmal Force, and eight Polymorph castings should completely outclass everything about your setup.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:42 PM
"Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell."
I undestand that a familiar is considered as caster of the touch spell. So, It's your concentration and a dispel against it will end the spell (Not against the original caster).
The intend is always follow the RAW.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:47 PM
No, Fog Cloud is definitely in the Druid list, and no, you can't.

My summons can deal magical damage. You can't.

I can apply HP buffs without spending 10 minutes for Inspiring Leader. You can't.

If someone dispels my summon, I can reset it for one third level spell. If someone dispels your setup, you lost...

1. All your base Sorcery Points plus a first level slot for the Extended Conjure Animals
2. Three second level slots and a first level slot for Aid
3. Your fourth level slot and a first level slot for Extended Dragon's Breath, if that was somehow legal

Assuming you got 8 whole skeletons for this trick, you now have...

1 first level slot
0 second level slots
1 third level slot
0 fourth level slots

After one (1) Dispel. Or running out of duration.

Or, since this is level 7 and the DM clearly doesn't care about balance, the Druid summons eight pixies. Eight Dispel Magics, eight Entangles, eight Phantasmal Force, and eight Polymorph castings should completely outclass everything about your setup.

Good.
All Pixies dead against Skeleton's Longbow's hit. that is out Pixie's spell range.
Don't forgot, They have a stupid weak hit point.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 01:48 PM
Good.
All Pixies dead against Skeleton's Longbow's hit. that is out Pixie's spell range.
Don't forgot, They have a stupid weak hit point.

Since when is 15 HP stupid-weak?

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 01:48 PM
Casting a spell doesn't use concentration. But, who will delivery as the caster.
No. The Familiar is delivering the touch spell as It had casted.
RAW is RAW.

YOU CAN'T TARGET WARDING BOND ON YOURSELF. Yes. But It's FAMILIAR'S warding bond.

Did you know read the spell?
The familiar is considered as It had casted. FAMILIAR.

If the DM rule against the Familiar's concentration. It's ok, nothing change.

Annnnnnnnnnnd you're wrong:
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/09/21/if-a-familiar-casts-a-spell-is-it-a-seperate-concentration/

Designer of the game says you're wrong. Guess what? You're wrong.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:49 PM
Snakes have 21 HP from Bear Totem and Might Summons. How are they dead, and how are you targeting them with longbows through the fog, again?
Fogs doesn't protect them against longbows.
It just apply disadvantage.
They are laught against flying snakes at save range.

Whatever a single 240ft tidal wave takes them down.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:50 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnd you're wrong:
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/09/21/if-a-familiar-casts-a-spell-is-it-a-seperate-concentration/

Designer of the game says you're wrong. Guess what? You're wrong.

Fair Enough.

Gotcha.

I'm wrong based on Jeremy Crawford's opinion. :smallbiggrin:

But, warding bond you are wrong.

That Nice, that open a new feat that will be more interesting :smallbiggrin:

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:52 PM
Since when is 15 HP stupid-weak?

Is It good HP? A few shots and It's down.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 01:54 PM
Is It good HP? A few shots and It's down.

You have 8 Skeletons, shooting at +4 against AC 15. That's a 50% hit rate, 25% if they've got disadvantage. At 5.5 damage per hit, that's three hits to kill one Pixie. You can kill one in a turn, or none if they're hidden by a Fog Cloud. Not to mention, they have a better Initiative than you AND your Skeletons.

Fable Wright
2019-06-26, 01:55 PM
Fogs doesn't protect them against longbows.
It just apply disadvantage.
They are laught against flying snakes at save range.

Whatever a single 240ft tidal wave takes them down.

Heavy Obscurement prevents you from seeing them. Sight is a requirement for even targeting the correct square.

Tidal wave would work, because fall damage. I retract that they would survive.

That said, the pixies are 15 HP and appear anywhere the druid chooses. You are not outside their spell range.

If they were summoned outside of engagement range, they are Invisible and take a Hide action until in range, and your skeletons would be unable to target them. +7 Stealth with Advantage.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:56 PM
You have 8 Skeletons, shooting at +4 against AC 15. That's a 50% hit rate, 25% if they've got disadvantage. At 5.5 damage per hit, that's three hits to kill one Pixie. You can kill one in a turn, or none if they're hidden by a Fog Cloud. Not to mention, they have a better Initiative than you AND your Skeletons.
Pixies aren't a threat.
Just keep position do see they dead.
How you keep concentration against Longbow shots with POISON?

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 01:57 PM
Fair Enough.

Gotcha.

I'm wrong based on Jeremy Crawford's opinion. :smallbiggrin:

But, warding bond you are wrong.

That Nice, that open a new feat that will be more interesting :smallbiggrin:

You admitted your wrong once, let's keep that train of thought going. Because you're still wrong. Doesn't matter what you're familiar is doing, you're still the one casting it. You can't cast Warding Bond on yourself. Spell fails. Your build fails, as we've proven multiple times already.

Zox
2019-06-26, 01:58 PM
Heavy Obscurement prevents you from seeing them. Sight is a requirement for even targeting the correct square.

Tidal wave would work, because fall damage. I retract that they would survive.

That said, the pixies are 15 HP and appear anywhere the druid chooses. You are not outside their spell range.

If they were summoned outside of engagement range, they are Invisible and take a Hide action until in range, and your skeletons would be unable to target them. +7 Stealth with Advantage.

Giant Eagles has advantage on perception with +4.
Well, the change to approch is bad.

Also, their spells aren't a treat.

Basically, Is pixies a treat? Not even close.

Basically a druid is a ball of smoke taking longbow hits. Concentration?

Zox
2019-06-26, 02:00 PM
You admitted your wrong once, let's keep that train of thought going. Because you're still wrong. Doesn't matter what you're familiar is doing, you're still the one casting it. You can't cast Warding Bond on yourself. Spell fails. Your build fails, as we've proven multiple times already.
No. The Familiar casts it and delivery. Maybe, I might be wrong on this poison, But I don't care. It just open a new stronger tatic. It was just to seems fun and epic "dragon's breathing" not necessaraly optimal.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 02:00 PM
Giant Eagles has advantage on perception with +4.
Well, the change to approch is bad.

Also, their spells aren't a treat.

Basically, Is pixies a treat? Not even close.

Advantage on Perception checks that rely on sight. Invisibility means they can't see the Pixies at all-they're relying on ears and possibly noses. (But mostly ears. Eagles don't have a great sense of smell, and Skeletons don't even have noses.)

RulesJD
2019-06-26, 02:03 PM
No. The Familiar casts it and delivery. Maybe, I might be wrong on this poison, But I don't care. It just open a new stronger tatic. It was just to seems fun and epic "dragon's breathing" not necessaraly optimal.

Yes, you are wrong. You don't get Warding Bond (not that it makes much difference). You don't get both Giant Eagles and Dragon Breath. A few Ice Storms from 300ft away destroys your summons. You have no spells left. Dead.