PDA

View Full Version : Faerun canon question

Starchild7309
2019-06-26, 03:05 PM
Obviously, while a DM can make up the world anyway they want, is there any mention anywhere in any of the books, even older editions, of a museum or trophy room where someone might be keeping a trophy, such as bones of an old dragon that was defeated? I am not looking for secret information, but like a well known place in any of the major cities in Faerun that might have something like this.

Xeko
2019-06-26, 03:16 PM
There is the "High House of Wonders" in Baldur's Gate. It is a Temple to Gond, god of smithing and craftsmen, that was converted into a sort of museum, showing off all kinds of cool and unusual inventions. Sort of a steam punk little building, inside our otherwise high fantasy world. But, that's a science museum, showing off fantastical contraptions, and it sounds like you're looking for more of a history museum, showing off the exploits of adventurers of the past. So I'm not sure how well that would fit what you're looking for.

Brookshw
2019-06-26, 04:08 PM
There's a collector in Westgate who had a dragon skull and some of the body iirc.

Starchild7309
2019-06-26, 04:09 PM
There is the "High House of Wonders" in Baldur's Gate. It is a Temple to Gond, god of smithing and craftsmen, that was converted into a sort of museum, showing off all kinds of cool and unusual inventions. Sort of a steam punk little building, inside our otherwise high fantasy world. But, that's a science museum, showing off fantastical contraptions, and it sounds like you're looking for more of a history museum, showing off the exploits of adventurers of the past. So I'm not sure how well that would fit what you're looking for.

That's cool, but not quite what I am looking for. I have a particular task I am trying to accomplish, the raising of a great wyrm. I have an ability that allows me to rez any creature no matter how long its been dead as long a I have some part of them. As I am an evil little goblin who prior to this was scared to death of dragons, he figures putting in a good favor with a giant powerhouse like that would be a quick way to gaining power.

I do believe I will eventually be turning over this PC to the DM. Will be heart breaking to the party when he turns on them cause he is so well liked. Will be an interesting story arc though, where this lovable goblin who is the jokester brings back this terrible beast from the past to wreak havoc on the world in an attempt to gain power. I mean he might just get eaten too, but not much I can do with that.