PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Noximlleon The Clockmaker

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 09:38 PM
How would one best design this Wakfu villain in D&D 3.5?

Specifically asking for this game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?591328-Looking-for-players-18th-level-3-5-Sandbox&p=23999559#post23999559), so following those rules would be best. But even if my goal is not achievable under those rules, I'd still like to know how.

MisterKaws
2019-06-26, 09:46 PM
It would be easier to include a description of the villain in the main post. Googling is time-consuming, even more so if you're already asking for a hard task like statting a character.

JNAProductions
2019-06-26, 09:48 PM
It would be easier to include a description of the villain in the main post. Googling is time-consuming, even more so if you're already asking for a hard task like statting a character.

I’d mostly be asking those who already know the character. I doubt anyone who isn’t a fan of the show would care enough to do it.

MisterKaws
2019-06-26, 09:54 PM
I’d mostly be asking those who already know the character. I doubt anyone who isn’t a fan of the show would care enough to do it.

You never know how bored some people are, especially in weekends.

ErdrickOfAliaha
2019-06-27, 01:03 AM
Excellent question. This will not be a final answer.

Firstly, Not wizard, his powers are clearly not spells. Psion? Or are his powers all equipment based?
Clockmaker...Artificier? Which in this iteration was a terrible class, but I have some awareness of your brewing abilities.
I mean, he's clearly a gadget junkie, and the bug things (real specific, I know) can carry out multiple, specific tasks.
At the same time, he has immediate and lasting problems interacting with the Eliacube...
Although, tbh all this overthinking is unnecessary. They express clearly in the show that most of the abilities we RPG people think of as "class based" are "racial" in Wakfu. So give him 3-5 levels in artificier (enough knowledge to make him dangerous) make his race LA X with time stop, dim door, (blink?) Spell like at will abilities. Perhaps make a racial paragon style class for him with every spell that does anything relating to time o its list of spell like abilities, and make that the vehicle to upgrade from x/day to at will and from standard to quicken?

I didn't read the campaign spoiler so I don't know what level you want to build this for, but you're basically finding a way to sprint down a short cut to Time Stop, and should be willing to lose almost every other spell in the game.