PDA

View Full Version : [Base Class]The Apotheon, a work in progress

GryffonDurime
2007-10-07, 09:44 PM
There is certainly power to be had in the flesh of man...but the Apotheon knows where to look for true power. To be truly powerful, you must be more than mortal, you must take the shape of something ancient and alien and strange, something composed of more primal things. An Apotheon gains power from wearing the shape of Outsiders and other mystical beings. This transformation is a personal one, and a slippery slope: there is a danger inherent in a mortal in the skin of something stranger.

The Apotheon - Unleashing the Outsider Within
{table=head]Level|Base Attack|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Lumens|Class Features

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|
2|Minor Transformation, Minor Trait|
2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|
4|Shift Aura|
3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|
6|Minor Trait|
4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|
8|Bonus Feat|
5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|
10|Minor Trait|
6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|
12|Major Transformation +2|
7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|
14|Major Trait|
8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|
16|Bonus Feat|
9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|
18|Major Trait|
10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|
20|Major Transformation +4|
11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|
22|Major Trait|
12th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+8|
24|Bonus Feat|
13th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+8|
26|Major Trait|
14th|
+7/+2|
+4|
+4|
+9|
28|Grand Transformation +6|
15th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+9|
30|Grand Trait|
16th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|
32|Bonus Feat|
17th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|
34|Grand Trait|
18th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|
36|Grand Transformation +8|
19th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|
38|Grand Trait|
20th|
+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|
40|Grand Transformation +12, Perfection|
[/table]

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d6
Class Skills:
Class Skills: Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Diplomacy (Cha), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Knowledge: the Planes (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spot (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Apotheon is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with light armor and shields except tower shields.
Minor Transformation (Su) - The Apotheon walks to path between humanity and power, and it is a fine line indeed--tread too closely toward the blinding light of power and all that is human in you can evaporate like a puddle of rainwater under the sun. At first level, an Apotheon learns to temporarily assume the shape of something supernatural as a standard action; the Apotheon dons a humanoid form with impossible characteristics--vibrant eyes, glimmering skin, vines for hair; the details vary from person to person and once chosen never change. This is like donning a set of armor: it is stiff, powerful, all-enveloping…but beneath it, the Apotheon is still human. While in his transformed state, an Apotheon has access to any special abilities granted to him by his Traits and by [Apotheosis] Feats; when not transformed, the Apotheon loses any benefit conferred by these abilities. While transformed, an Apotheon takes a penalty equal to his class levels to Disguise checks made to pass himself off as a normal human. If an Apotheon receives a single blow that deals more than 1/5 his hit points in damage, he must burn one lumen (two if in Major Form, or three if in Grand) or be thrust back into a mortal shape for 1d4 rounds.
Lumens - An Apotheon houses a store of mystical energy measured in ancient scholarly units called Lumens. An Apotheon in a transformed state may, as a swift action, invest any free lumens in Traits or [Apotheon] Feats. When an Apotheon leaves his transformed state--either by choice or force--all his lumens are uninvested. An Apotheon may not invest more lumens in any one option than ˝ his Apotheon level plus his Charisma modifier, rounded down to a minimum of 1. Reallocating lumens is a move-equivalent action that provokes attacks of opportunity. “Burnt” lumens are removed from the Apotheon’s lumenstore and are not recovered until the Apotheon has had eight hours of restful quiet.
Traits (Su) - As an Apotheon learns the powers inherent to his new shape, he selects Traits from one of three lists: Minor, Major, and Grand. Traits range from spell-like abilities to damage reduction to movement speeds, and most come bundled with some kind of change in the Apotheon’s transformed form. While transformed, an Apotheon has use of all Traits of that form’s level and lower only. Many Traits can gain benefit from investment with Lumens.
Shift Aura - An Apotheon is surrounded by an aura of power at all times, even while untransformed. Spells and abilities that have an effect similar to detect magic note the Apotheon as possessing a particular strong magical aura, though its nature is mysterious.
Bonus Feat - An Apotheon may select any [Apotheon] or [Lumen] feat for which he qualifies as a bonus feat.
Major Transformation (Su) - By assuming a Major form, the Apotheon takes on greater power and becomes a little less human. At 6th level, an Apotheon may select a single stat to grant a +2 transformation bonus to while in their Major Form; this bonus may not be changed later. At level 10, the Apotheon may choose to either improve this bonus to +4 or grant a +2 bonus to a different stat, and so on. Assuming their Major Form is a Full-Round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; the Apotheon must already be in Minor Form to transform to Major.
Grand Transformation (Su) - The epitome of power, a Grand Form gains even more power. Only in a Grand Form may an Apotheon wield the supreme power of Grand Traits. An Apotheon in Grand Form is treated as an Outsider, but does not actually gain that type. If successfully targeted by an effect that would banish an Outsider, the Apotheon is instead instantly reverted to Major Form. Transforming into a Grand Form is an involving process that requires two rounds of concentration, and may only be accomplished from the Major Form.
Perfection: The Apotheon can transform with unparalleled speed: it takes only a swift action to assume his Minor Form, a standard action to assume his Major Form, and a full-round action to assume his Grand Form.

All Saves are equal to 10 + the listed ability’s modifier + Invested Lumens.

Minor Traits

Sacred Breath (Cha) - As a standard action, the Apotheon may exhale a 15 foot cone of fire that deals 1d6 damage, with a reflex save for half. For every invested lumen, this damage increases by another 1d6, to a maximum of 5d6 in Minor Form and 10d6 in Major Form. In Grand Form, the die size increases to d8.
Divine Bolt (Cha) - As a standard action, the Apotheon may produce a 30 foot line of electricity that deals 1d6 damage, with a reflex save for half. For every invested lumen, this damage increases by another 1d6, to a maximum of 5d6 in Minor Form and 10d6 in Major Form. In Grand Form, the die size increases to d8.
Sacred Fist (Wis) - As a standard action, the Apotheon may make a melee touch attack that deals 1d6 damage resulting from holy power, with a will save for half. For every two invested lumens, this damage increases by another 1d6. In Major Form, this power also produces the effects of Dispel Magic when used against an Evil opponent. In Grand form, the damage die increases to a d12 against Evil Outsiders only.
Thickened Skin - The Apotheon gains damage reduction 1/magic, plus an additional point of damage reduction for every three invested lumens. In Major Form, this becomes 1/cold iron, silver, or adamantine--chosen at level 6 and never changed. In Grand Form, this becomes 1/--.
The Presence - The Apotheon dons an air of charisma and power, and gains a measure of protection from it. The Apotheon may add his Charisma modifier to one save of his choice, chosen at the time of taking this Trait. This does not change. In Major Form, the Apotheon chooses one additional save, and in Grand Form the Apotheon adds his Charisma bonus to all three. For every two invested lumens, add an additional +1 to the chosen saves.
The Voice (Cha) - The Apotheon may now take 10 on Bluff checks, and may use Charm Person, as per the spell, once every 1d4 rounds. A target who makes his save against the Apotheon may not be affected by that same Apotheon for 24 hours. At Major Level, the Apotheon may add a bonus to Bluff checks equal to invested lumens. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may also implant a Suggestion in his words by making a Full-Round Action as a supernatural ability.
Hands of the Healer (Wis) - The Apotheon may burn a lumen to heal 1d4+Apotheon level+Wisdom modifier to a touched target as a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. In Major Form, the Apotheon may heal anyone within 30 feet. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may heal anyone within 100 feet.
Sacred Shadows - The Apotheon wreathes his presence in sacred shadows, granting himself a bonus to Hide checks equal to invested lumens; allies within five feet of the Apotheon also receive this bonus. In Major Form, this effect extends to ten feet, and as a standard action, the Apotheon may render all those in range invisible as per Invisibility for 1 round. In Grand Form, this effect extends to twenty feet and requires only a move action to sustain.
Apotheon's Aegis (Wis) - The Apotheon raises a powerful warding, granting himself and allies within five feet energy resistance against one type of energy equal to his Charisma modifier + invested lumens. Raising an Aegis is a standard action, and the effect persists for 1d6 rounds. In Major Form, the Aegis defends against two types of energy and extends to ten feet. In Grand Form, the Aegis extends to twenty-five feet and requires only a swift action to raise.

Major Traits:

Windrider - The Apotheon gains a fly speed equal to his land speed with average manuverability, often growing wings of some sort or developing the wispy body of a djinni. In Grand Form, his fly speed increases to double his land speed with perfect maneuverability.
Protection Charm - The Apotheon raises a protective globe of force that extends fifteen feet and moves with him. Targets inside the globe gain a deflection bonus equal to 1/2 the invested lumens against attacks originating outside of it. This protective barrier blocks line-of-effect to any target outside of it. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may shape the barrier, extending it up to thirty feet in radius. In either form, the Apotheon must spend at least a move equivalent action to maintain the barrier each round.
Concussive Force - The Apotheon creates a concussive blast of force as a standard action. The concussive blast is a ranged touch attack that deals 3d6 force damage and then attempts to make a trip attack against the target, with an effective Strength of 10 + the Apotheon’s Charisma modifier + invested lumens. In Grand Form, the blast deals 3d12 damage and may make a bulrush instead of a trip attempt.
Mutable Size: Grow The Apotheon may, when transforming to Major Form, invest four lumens to increase his size by one category. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may choose to become up to two sizes larger.
Mutable Size: Shrink The Apotheon may, when transforming to Major Form, invest four lumens to decrease his size by one category. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may choose to become up to two sizes smaller.
Breakspell (Wis) - The Apotheon may burn a lumen to attempt a dispel magic check against one target, using his Apotheon level in lieu of caster level. In Grand Form, this ability extends to encompass the effects of the Break Enchantment spell. Using either effect requires a standard action. Breakspell can not be used to counter a spell being cast.

Grand Traits:

Fated Blade The Apotheon may burn a single lumen in order to produce a fleeting but powerful weapon as a swift action. A Fated Blade takes the shape of any one weapon which the Apotheon is proficient with. The weapon is treated as if it were a +1 Holy (or Unholy) Brilliant Energy weapon and lasts for a number of rounds equal to twice the Apotheon's wisdom modifier. A Fated Blade bestows a negative level to anyone it damages, negated by a will save. In the hands of anyone other than the Apotheon who created it, a Fated Blade is a normal greatsword.
Inhuman Strength - The Apotheon may add 1+invested lumens to all Strength checks and skill checks based on strength, including grapple checks. Activating this ability requires the Apotheon to burn 1 lumen, and the effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to twice the Apotheon's wisdom modifier.
Null Magic - This powerful trait requires the Apotheon to burn 1 lumen to activate, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to twice the Apotheon's wisdom modifier. While active, the Apotheon gains Spell Resistance equal to 10 + Cha modifier + invested lumens. By burning two additional lumens, the effect extends to all allies within five feet of the Apotheon.

Apotheon Feats

Bonus Lumen - Add 1 to your Lumenstore. This feat may be taken multiple times and the effects stack.
Elemental Apotheosis - When assuming Minor or Major Forms, the Apotheon is considered an Elemental rather than his natural type. In Grand Form, the Apotheon is considered either an Elemental or Outsider; whichever is most beneficial at the given moment. The Apotheon also gains a +2 to saves against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of Elementals.
Fey Apotheosis - When assuming Minor or Major Forms, the Apotheon is considered a Fey rather than his natural type. In Grand Form, the Apotheon is considered either a Fey or Outsider; whichever is most beneficial at the given moment. The Apotheon also gains a +2 to saves against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of Fey creatures.
Power of Shape - While in a transformed state, the Apotheon gains Spell Resistance equal to 10 + Apotheon level + Charisma modifier against Polymorph effects. Requirements: Major Transformation class feature.
Will Over Form - Once per day, the Apotheon may make a Concentration check when burning a lumens due to excessive damage; if the check result is greater than the damage inflicted, the Apotheon does not burn a lumen and remains transformed. This feat may be taken multiple times for additional uses per day.
Swift Transformation - Once per day, the Apotheon may reduce transformation time by one step: a move action becomes a swift action, a standard action becomes a move action, and so on. This feat may be taken multiple times for additional uses per day.
Warp Transformation - Once per day, the Apotheon may burn a single lumen as an immediate action to ascend to Grand Form. Requirements: Grand Transformation class feature.

...Right, so not done. I still need to come up with more Major Traits and the whole suite of Grand Traits. I wanted feedback, though, on how everyone thought it was shaping up--what's good, what's bad, what's broken, what's just plain dumb. Be brutal. Be honest. Be creative. [Apotheon] Feats will be up sometime too.

Oh, and yes, I was completely sandbagged by a desire to create a Digivolving class when I made this ><;...

Kyace
2007-10-07, 10:18 PM
Neat idea for a class, this would replace a cleric in a party? You might want to point out that the number of lumens is twice the class levels in the text, I completely missed the column the first time and only found it by Ctrl + F. I want to say that raising an ability by +16 at level 20 is over powered... but really compared to wizards and clerics, it really isn't... The only flaw I can see is that this would kick *$$ and taken names in gestalt due to how flexible it is with abilities scores which really isn't a fault of the class.

One point: You say "At first level, an Apotheon learns to temporarily assume the shape of something supernatural as a standard action; the Apotheon dons a humanoid form with impossible characteristics--vibrant eyes, glimmering skin, vines for hair; the details vary from person to person and once chosen never change."
Yet I can see no reason why an apotheon can't stay in their improved form all day (the big problem people have with druids). Going by the flavor and crunch you already have, you might consider having raising concentration checks for remaining in the improved form for so long and require them to say "normal" for a roughly equal period. How long it takes to do your Grand Transformation doesn't matter if once in it, you can stay all day.

GryffonDurime
2007-10-07, 10:36 PM
Neat idea for a class, this would replace a cleric in a party? You might want to point out that the number of lumens is twice the class levels in the text, I completely missed the column the first time and only found it by Ctrl + F. I want to say that raising an ability by +16 at level 20 is over powered... but really compared to wizards and clerics, it really isn't... The only flaw I can see is that this would kick *$$ and taken names in gestalt due to how flexible it is with abilities scores which really isn't a fault of the class.

Yes, I would definately disallow the Apotheon in gestalt, and I think I'll rephrase the ability increase so it can't ALL be invested in one ability. That was a bit insane, I think.

One point: You say "At first level, an Apotheon learns to temporarily assume the shape of something supernatural as a standard action; the Apotheon dons a humanoid form with impossible characteristics--vibrant eyes, glimmering skin, vines for hair; the details vary from person to person and once chosen never change."
Yet I can see no reason why an apotheon can't stay in their improved form all day (the big problem people have with druids). Going by the flavor and crunch you already have, you might consider having raising concentration checks for remaining in the improved form for so long and require them to say "normal" for a roughly equal period. How long it takes to do your Grand Transformation doesn't matter if once in it, you can stay all day.

Yes, this occurred to me while creating it, and so I think I will create a continuous concentration check process based on fatigue or the like.

Kyace
2007-10-07, 11:26 PM
Cool, sounds good.

Incidentally, you typo'ed "Grand Traits" on line 15 as "Grant Traits", the number of skill points appears to change after first level, Craft is an Int skill not Wis and you don't need the 1 before 1d6 for the HD, it is assumed you only get 1 HD per class level. *coughs* A few of those typo's appear to also be in your other light casters (the 1d6 HD, the Craft (Wis))

Again incidentally, for your lightsmith class, Disable Device is (Int) not (Dex) and Search (Wis) should be (Int) instead. If you give a class Disable Device, Open Lock and Search as class skills, you might as well give them Trapfinding to make them useful.

Also, I wasn't [I]trying to be an evil proofreader, but was checking your other classes to see if they used Lumens, they both seem to use a renamed Lumen. Are you considering feats to allow characters to pool their Lumen, Lightstore and Hearthflame together?

Also, both other classes have a typo in their [b]Weapon and Armor Proficiency:[/b[ line. You didn't list the WaA proficiencies for this class, so the same as clerics?

errr. Sorry.

GryffonDurime
2007-10-07, 11:33 PM
Oh, I knew homebrewing while under the influence of sleep deprivation was a bad idea...I'll make the minor adjustments suggested here in just a bit.

Yes, all three of these classes use the same type of energy, and I planned to do a revision that brings it together under one cohesive set of rules...I still plan to, actually. The idea was that a multiclass Lumen-user gives up the most powerful abilities of any given class, but still gains an increased Lumenstore and increases the maximum amount of Lumens he or she can invest in any one source.

I really should run these through more stringent revisions and proofreads.

Kyace
2007-10-07, 11:50 PM
Don't worry about it, all diamonds in the rough need some polishing.

I found one issue in one of your traits that I thought I'd bring up:

Protection Charm - The Apotheon raises a protective globe of force that extends fifteen feet and moves with him. Any target inside the globe gains a bonus (the Apotheon’s Wisdom modifier + invested lumens) to AC against attacks that originate outside the globe. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may project a wall of force instead that grants the same protection to those behind it; the Apotheon chooses one side to be “inside” and another to be “outside.”
This is an untyped bonus to AC. To basically your entire party. People would kill for an untyped bonus of (10 +Wis bonus) [or (3+wis) at level 7] to AC for themselves, let alone their party. You basically just made your party imposable to hit without a Nat 20. The wall of force is actually more balanced because it blocks LoE both ways. I'd suggest either lowering the bonus to AC by a good deal (to half lumen invested and no Wisdom mod maybe) and making it a deflection bonus or something or lower it a bit, make it a deflection bonus and make it work both ways (for attacks going in or out).

GryffonDurime
2007-10-08, 12:07 AM
I found one issue in one of your traits that I thought I'd bring up:

This is an untyped bonus to AC. To basically your entire party. People would kill for an untyped bonus of (10 +Wis bonus) [or (3+wis) at level 7] to AC for themselves, let alone their party. You basically just made your party imposable to hit without a Nat 20. The wall of force is actually more balanced because it blocks LoE both ways. I'd suggest either lowering the bonus to AC by a good deal (to half lumen invested and no Wisdom mod maybe) and making it a deflection bonus or something or lower it a bit, make it a deflection bonus and make it work both ways (for attacks going in or out).

Woo...that was not the intent so...revised. :D

Kyace
2007-10-11, 05:13 PM
Minor Traits

Inhuman Strength - The Apotheon may add 1+invested lumens to all Strength checks and skill checks based on strength. In Major Form, this also applies to Grapple checks. In Grand form, the Apotheon is treated as a creature one size larger whenever it would be beneficial.

Major Traits:

Mutable Size The Apotheon may, when transforming to Major Form, invest four lumens to increase or decrease his size by one category. In Grand Form, the Apotheon may choose to become up to two sizes smaller or larger.

Do both of these stack? Like could a halfling apoheon, in grand form, become large but treated at huge when it would be beneficial?

An idea of traits, since this is supposed to help fill the healer slot, maybe a few traits that fix non HP damage. (Stuff like what Heal can fix, or maybe a raise dead sort of deal).

GryffonDurime
2007-10-11, 05:28 PM
Do both of these stack? Like could a halfling apoheon, in grand form, become large but treated at huge when it would be beneficial?

An idea of traits, since this is supposed to help fill the healer slot, maybe a few traits that fix non HP damage. (Stuff like what Heal can fix, or maybe a raise dead sort of deal).

Yes, it does indeed stack...I worry about that. I'm not sure if I should keep both of them.

The Apotheon actually wasn't a Healer-replacement; he was a shifter-type...more a fourth or an alternate leader. But he can fit it well--he has a lot of supportive abilities already.

Now if only I could devise some Grand Traits ><

Vadin
2007-10-11, 06:28 PM
I like it so far, and can't tell about balance. Seems like a unified and somewhat more understandable version of incarnum, of which I highly approve.
An excellent start, and an addition to a list of classes I plan to let my players use in an upcoming campaign with no traditional casters and some crazy magic-esque classes.

GryffonDurime
2007-10-11, 08:10 PM
Well, I've updated a bit--split Morphic Size into seperate traits. I still need some more traits, and [Apotheon] feats.

Vadin
2007-10-22, 05:33 PM
Have you checked out the d20 modern mutations list for trait ideas?

Also, feats that let them stay transformed longer, granted extra lumens, reduced the cost to transform, granted extra traits for an extra lumen cost, and expanded lumen capacity for one trait or a few traits would all be very useful for the aspiring Apotheon.

Maybe even a feat that lets them assume a trait permanently at the cost of several lumens. For example,
Permatrait(<--terrible name, in my opinion)
Requirements: 5 lumens AND (the ability to assume Minor Transformation and have 2 minor traits OR have 3 minor traits)
Benefit: By permanently sacrificing 3 lumens (or however many), you may take on a trait permanently, so it is active at all times, regardless of whether or not you are transformed. Lumens may be invested and reallocated in this trait as normal, with all the standard limitations still applying.

DracoDei
2007-10-23, 03:03 AM
Fated blade needs to be changed so it doesn't always change into a greatsword when someone else picks it up regardless of what it was before then. :smallsmile:

Maybe let them change into a swarm (perhaps of larger than normal area coverage) as a trait? Not very outsider like, but certainly cool....

Grand Form: Energy Storm... Select an energy type... each enemy within 30' (more?) of you at the start of your turn takes (1/2 class level)d6 (d8?) energy damage damage, reflex save for half. Does NOT require an action to use... just turn it on and wade in...

DracoDei
2007-10-23, 03:37 AM
Fated blade needs to be changed so it doesn't always change into a greatsword when someone else picks it up regardless of what it was before then. :smallsmile:

Maybe let them change into a swarm (perhaps of larger than normal area coverage) as a trait? Not very outsider like, but certainly cool....

Grand Form: Energy Storm... Select an energy type... each enemy within 30' (more?) of you at the start of your turn takes (1/2 class level)d6 (d8?) energy damage damage, reflex save for half. Does NOT require an action to use... just turn it on and wade in... (Because having lightning bolts cracking off your body, or a swirling maelstrom of corrosive droplets around, or balls of flame wildly orbiting you like electrons around a nucleus you as you slice with your blade at all who oppose you is just COOL!)

DracoDei
2007-10-23, 04:36 AM
Oh, I knew homebrewing while under the influence of sleep deprivation was a bad idea...I'll make the minor adjustments suggested here in just a bit.

I dunno... I get some of my best ideas when I am a bit loopy from lack of sleep and on a homebrewing high... a few spelling mistakes are a small price to pay for really creative ideas...

"Damn the typedoes(sic), full speed ahead!"

Karma Guard
2007-10-23, 05:00 AM
Besides needing some cleanup and ordering, I like the idea behind this class. Definitely needs more fluff, though. And, of course, more traits. This is giving me a really Incarnum feel, for serious. And that's not a bad thing, I promise.

Suggestions, now in delicious table form! :9

Just like how there's a penalty to look like your human self, should there be a bonus to not being recognized?
About that Aura. It's magical, but could there be traits that make them inherently {insert alignment component here} and therefore grant an {insert alignment component here} Aura?
What about traits that directly correspond to creatures?
I'm serious about that Incarnum thing, especially with the 'investing lumens' bit. Have you ever read the book?

Tyops/Cleanup in Aisle 4.

The table and list of features needs some scrubbing; make when you get the abilities clearer and stuff. Mention the level you get the ability and the intervals ('every third level', for example). This is just to make it prettier. :B
Those saves seem weirdly low. Joe Save is either 10+1/2HD+Stat Mod, or 15+something that I can't remember :smallannoyed:
Similarly, maybe some way to split 'Burn lumens and win the prize' abilities and 'Invest lumens and win the prize' abilities? Or at least clarify which is which?
Major Form's stat bonus: Is this a 'choose this when you gain this ability and then it never ever changes B|' thing, or a 'choose this when you use the ability; you can change it every time you assume the form'?
Grand Form's Outsider (sometimes) thing: You can phrase this 'An apotheon in Grand Form is considered an Outsider for the purposes of spells and abilities. However, banishing effects instead revert the apotheon to Major Form'. This one sounds more rulese.
Sacred Breath doesn't say how many lumens you can invest in it while in Grand form.
Ditto for Divine Bolt's Lumen Limit. Can it go through people? This is just because I love Electrical attacks that go through people. Zappo >:O
Are there token other {damage type} 30' {shape} traits for Ice and Acid?
Sacred Fist: Is this actual Holy damage? Which mode of Dispel Magic on an opponent? What if you're Evil? Or Neutral?
The Voice: This is basically Skill Mastery(Bluff), right? Does he need at least 1 rank in Bluff for this to work? Does the Suggestion have a 24-hour clause like the Charm Person?
Sacred Shadows: How often can you use the Invisibility SLA?
Apotheon's Aegis: You choose the type on making the shield and you can only have one out at a time, right? I think so, but I dunno :V
Windrider: Note that the way he becomes able to fly doesn't matter mechanically. Wings work the same as a jetpack work the same as a djinni's wispy tail floaty...thingy. :V
Protection Charm: I think you meant 'This protective barrier blocks line-of-effect to any target inside of it.'
Null Magic's granted SR seems low, and for a Grand trait, it should do something awesome like make an Antimagic Field. Just because awesome is awesome.

And for the Creature Type feats, how about something like:

Fey Apotheosis
You either have Fey blood flowing in your veins, or seek a Fey's unearthly beauty. No matter what the source, the effect is the same; your Transformations tend to be beautiful and whimisical.

Requirements: Apotheon level 1, CHA 15+
Bonuses: When assuming a Form, you are considered to be a Fey whenever beneficial and you gain Lowlight vision. While in Minor form, you gain a +4 bonus to all saves against abilities and spells from Fey, and gain a supernatural +2 bonus to Charisma. While in Major form, you gain a Nymph's Blinding Beauty ability, but the save is instead 10+1/2 lumens invested+charisma modifier, rounded down. While in Grand form, you gain DR 5/cold iron that can be increased by 2 by investing lumens into this ability like a trait.
Special: You may only take one '{creature type} Apotheosis' feat.

It gives much more oomph for the feat and it also scales. Scaling is great :9

This post got really long, but I really like this class, and it just needs some buffing around the edge, really. :smallcool:

Dullyanna
2007-10-23, 08:00 AM
I dunno... I get some of my best ideas when I am a bit loopy from lack of sleep and on a homebrewing high... a few spelling mistakes are a small price to pay for really creative ideas...

"Damn the typedoes(sic), full speed ahead!"

Amen, brother! Anyway, I like the class, but I think that it should maybe, MAYBE get 3/4 BAB progress, and lose martial weapon proficiency (They're considered proficient for weapons they get through traits). And this is just another wierd idea, but maybe invested lumens should kinda "Burn out" after a while, i.e. Jill the Apotheon's invested 8 lumens into Thickened Skin... ten hours ago. I'd imagine that the aura would've lost it's punch after a little while. Maybe base the aforementioned limitation on class level and charisma modifier.