PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed RAW - TO build - Warforged Entomanothrope Help

unseenmage
2019-06-27, 06:48 PM
For those curious I used Greater Humanoid Essence to allow the Warforged Scout to contract Entomanothropy (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a).
The base vermin is a heavily templated Argent Spider (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20030725a).

Am looking for assistance turning this build up past eleven. Game is supposed to be TO enabled with all first party allowed including Dragon and Dungeon Magazines and web content.

Build is gestalt Artificer 17 // Archivist 5 / Runecaster 10 / Dweomerkeeper 2 (The +2 LA is bought off and the Vermin HD was level drained away.) Here's her sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1940768).

Shapechange -> Zodar -> Wish is enabled.
Simulacrums of item crafters is also being used.
She has Epic Spellcasting but due to the wording of Entomanthrope she can only access the feat in vermin form for what that's worth.

Wish cannot create permanent magic items and Genesis can make 1 round = 1 day fast time. Wealth, xp, and materials for crafting are nigh infinite at this juncture and we have 2 years of material plane downtime.
Am limiting myself to items worth no more than 200,000gp as per EDH

EDIT
The wealthmancy and xpmancy wont be enabled until AFTER the 2 years of downtime. All we have to work with for that time is our 17th lvl WBL.

I havnt applied the basic +5 inherent to stats yet and the +6 enhancement to stats will be built into the Warforged as if she were a magic item being improved. Additional methods for improving her stats would be appreciated.

I had the idea to build Silithar grafts into her as though improving a magic item. Am pretty sure I can just build those into her over and over again for arbitrarily high physical stats.

I figure I'll build an item of Guidance of the Avatar into her for every skill as well.

Craft Contingent Spells and Spellblades are both technically single use magic items so those can be Wished onto her as well. Ideas for what spells to have contingent and what spells to have protection from are welcome.

EDIT
My issue is less how to generate so much wealth but how to spend it precisely. What stuff does a character at this character level and at this optimization level absolutely have to have?

MisterKaws
2019-06-27, 07:39 PM
Are you allowed to use Wall of Salt as Wall of Gold?

flappeercraft
2019-06-27, 07:47 PM
Are you allowed to use Wall of Salt as Wall of Gold?

I'm the DM. Yes, but only after the game has started, the players have 2 years downtime relative to the material before the game starts.

MisterKaws
2019-06-27, 08:23 PM
I'm the DM. Yes, but only after the game has started, the players have 2 years downtime relative to the material before the game starts.

So they can't make infinite money before they start playing? That's a shame.

Well, you better start making a resetting trap of Wall of Salt and a golem programmed to constantly step in, carry the salt to a storage, then step in again. That way, you get a constant influx of gold, which you could possibly trade for Liquid Joy, then make tons of Dedicated Wrights, then have them working along with the golems to make a constant supply of magic tools, and maybe increase the number of salt factories. You should also look into making a couple Nimblewrights to handle transport and trade of goods, while being almost completely trustworthy and enchantment-proof.

If you set that up before the campaign starts, inside your plane to boot, you'd have any magic items you'll ever need in a couple days.

Now, I don't know how realistic the world is, so maybe you'd run into an outage of Liquid Joy/Pain. If that happens, you should look into building a massive brothel - possibly even inviting homeless people to live in your plane and do nothing but fornicate, eat and sleep - while you use resetting traps of Liquid Joy and resetting traps of Create Food and Water + Prestidigitation to make it look, smell and taste like Neapolitan Ice Cream, all that to feed them and them milk their joy away. Since this would presumably be ran on your demiplane as well, you'd likely make at least ten thousand xp per day/year, considering a daily income of 15 flasks - which could potentially be increased by having it all take place in shelved Portable Holes with just enough opening for breathing air to enter and Homunculi to pick and reset the Ambrosia flasks.

In a few in-campaign days you could be farming infinite XP. And the best part is the farming itself would make more farm-able humanoids, because that's how fornication works!

unseenmage
2019-06-27, 09:12 PM
So they can't make infinite money before they start playing? That's a shame.

Well, you better start making a resetting trap of Wall of Salt and a golem programmed to constantly step in, carry the salt to a storage, then step in again. That way, you get a constant influx of gold, which you could possibly trade for Liquid Joy, then make tons of Dedicated Wrights, then have them working along with the golems to make a constant supply of magic tools, and maybe increase the number of salt factories. You should also look into making a couple Nimblewrights to handle transport and trade of goods, while being almost completely trustworthy and enchantment-proof.

If you set that up before the campaign starts, inside your plane to boot, you'd have any magic items you'll ever need in a couple days.

Now, I don't know how realistic the world is, so maybe you'd run into an outage of Liquid Joy/Pain. If that happens, you should look into building a massive brothel - possibly even inviting homeless people to live in your plane and do nothing but fornicate, eat and sleep - while you use resetting traps of Liquid Joy and resetting traps of Create Food and Water + Prestidigitation to make it look, smell and taste like Neapolitan Ice Cream, all that to feed them and them milk their joy away. Since this would presumably be ran on your demiplane as well, you'd likely make at least ten thousand xp per day/year, considering a daily income of 15 flasks - which could potentially be increased by having it all take place in shelved Portable Holes with just enough opening for breathing air to enter and Homunculi to pick and reset the Ambrosia flasks.

In a few in-campaign days you could be farming infinite XP. And the best part is the farming itself would make more farm-able humanoids, because that's how fornication works!

Genesis has been ruled a to make gold, arguably gold piece sized/shaped nugget gravel with 95% purity (the highest purity found on Earth) is possible too.
True Creation traps for platinum bars works too.

Xp farming can be Wish for Ambrosia as a mundane object at 125 doses per wish IIRC. Or we've been okayed to level drain, Transference spell, then Restoration Simulacrums as well.

Genesis has also been okayed to create non-worked special materials and Quintessence.

So farming will be easy and if a much greater scale than Wall of Salt abuse.

For the pre-game I'm planning on buying a proximity reset magic trap of Genesis that goes off every round or every other round (does the reset require an action) built into a Stronghold Space that doubles as my Dedicated Wright's crafting workshop.
Workshop will also be equipped with Greater Humanoid Essence -> Elation -> Distilled Joy targetting the Dedicated Wright for good measure.
So as soon as play starts the little bugger will begin the fast time Genesis craft-pocalypse. Time Stop ought to net the little guy even more relative time.

I'll also invest starting wealth in at least one crafting Simulacrum equipped with a Craft Contingent Shapechange -> Zodar -> Wish program to make more crafting Sims and Craft Contingent Shapechanges all in fast time.

MisterKaws
2019-06-27, 09:32 PM
Genesis has been ruled a to make gold, arguably gold piece sized/shaped nugget gravel with 95% purity (the highest purity found on Earth) is possible too.
True Creation traps for platinum bars works too.

Xp farming can be Wish for Ambrosia as a mundane object at 125 doses per wish IIRC. Or we've been okayed to level drain, Transference spell, then Restoration Simulacrums as well.

Genesis has also been okayed to create non-worked special materials and Quintessence.

So farming will be easy and if a much greater scale than Wall of Salt abuse.

For the pre-game I'm planning on buying a proximity reset magic trap of Genesis that goes off every round or every other round (does the reset require an action) built into a Stronghold Space that doubles as my Dedicated Wright's crafting workshop.
Workshop will also be equipped with Greater Humanoid Essence -> Elation -> Distilled Joy targetting the Dedicated Wright for good measure.
So as soon as play starts the little bugger will begin the fast time Genesis craft-pocalypse. Time Stop ought to net the little guy even more relative time.

I'll also invest starting wealth in at least one crafting Simulacrum equipped with a Craft Contingent Shapechange -> Zodar -> Wish program to make more crafting Sims and Craft Contingent Shapechanges all in fast time.

Well then. At that point you might as well make a warforged component with infinite wishes.

unseenmage
2019-06-27, 10:35 PM
Well then. At that point you might as well make a warforged component with infinite wishes.
I'm limiting myself to pre epic item prices. Nothing over 200,000gp.

Apologies, I'd went to add that to the OP three different times and gotten distracted/forgot what I was doing halfway through.

My issue is less how to generate so much wealth but how to spend it precisely. What stuff does a character at this character level and at this optimization level absolutely have to have?

EDIT
OP edited to reflect houserules and WBL-mancy limitations.

unseenmage
2019-06-28, 02:31 PM
So just realized last night that Runecrafter is nearly useless when one can just create Craft Contingent Spells on other creatures.

So it's being swapped for Dweomerkeeper I think.

MisterKaws
2019-06-28, 04:32 PM
I'm limiting myself to pre epic item prices. Nothing over 200,000gp.

Apologies, I'd went to add that to the OP three different times and gotten distracted/forgot what I was doing halfway through.

EDIT
OP edited to reflect houserules and WBL-mancy limitations.

Okay then. Here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/10CdDuvgPMS-qFMLwiu3m2wyzPxpzgp6Z/)'s the biggest shopping guide I know of, reuploaded to my drive because I don't know where's the original(and my searching didn't help). It links to the original's shopping spreadsheet, which has easier filtering, but doesn't include any explanation on the item's specific abilities.

It's likely not a problem legally, since it doesn't quote anything but the item tables themselves, and not the actual descriptions of them. If you think it's too much, which I doubt, feel free to PM me and I'll promptly make it private.