PDA

View Full Version : Firefox issue

AtomicKitKat
2007-10-08, 01:40 AM
So I was on Wikipedia looking up the article on Robocop, I try to click the link to listen to the theme, and suddenly, I find that Firefox refuses to let me type properly, with everything going in via right to left input.

For those who don't understand:

This is how you type normally.

.yllamron epyt uoy woh si sihT << What would have happened if I'd typed the above during the problem.

I dug around on Google, tried every combination of keys that I knew could cause left/right input problems, but nothing worked. Additionally, the mouse refused to highlight things, couldn't copy/paste words, and generally only allowed me to click stuff. Also wouldn't let me click in the middle of input boxes. In other words, I had to type a sentence all the way from the last word, and if I made any mistakes midway through, I had to delete my way back to correct the mistake.

So, does anyone have any clue what hotkey or page code could have caused it?

StickMan
2007-10-08, 08:41 AM
I suggest you do a Virus scan, I've seen viruses that do that kind of thing before.

DraPrime
2007-10-08, 08:43 AM
I agree. Try calling tech-support. If you're incredibly lucky they might actually be trained. Whether or not they're helpful is a different matter.

Darken Rahl
2007-10-08, 10:11 AM
Ive seen that issue when I've copied and pasted arabic or some other right to left language.