PDA

View Full Version : Build Idea

Hunterx
2019-06-28, 12:27 PM
As the title says this is a build idea i have i just do not know how it would all tie together

Race Wood Elf
+2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con -2 Int

Stats after Racial
Str 18 Dex 18 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 18

Classes (Not sure about these as of yet)
Barbarian 2 Ranger 3 Fist of the Forest 3 Battle Dancer 2 Wildrunner 10

can this be made better ?
does rage, fist frenzy dance and wild runner primal scream stack all together ?
would vow of poverty be good for this build ?

Zaq
2019-06-28, 01:25 PM
What’s your goal? What do you want the character to do, and how do you want to do it? What appeals to you about the choices you already made—is there any part you want to focus on in particular or anything that can be described as mission-critical?

Hunterx
2019-06-28, 02:26 PM
What’s your goal? What do you want the character to do, and how do you want to do it? What appeals to you about the choices you already made—is there any part you want to focus on in particular or anything that can be described as mission-critical?

After looking deeper into it i have found that Primal scream (wild runner) Feral Trance (fist of the forest) Rage (barbarian) all stack onto each other, and can all be done at the same time. Primal Scream and Feral Trance are free actions and a simple feat allows rage to be a free action. Doing all three of these together will have the following effects at level 8

Str +6 Dex +10 Con +4 before any stat increases from levels that gives Str 24 Dex 28 Con 18...(if i keep the battle dancer) if not Con 20 Unarmed strikes 1D10 bite attacks 1D6.

Now this is a little feat starved for sure. Feats requires
Improved unarmed strike. Great Fortitude, Power Attack (fist of the forest )
Endurance (Wild runner)

BAB +8 Saves Fort +15 (+16) Ref +13 (+14) Will +4 (+6)

The issue i see is you can not use power attack with unarmed strikes but can you use it with natural weapons ? As that is exactly what the claws will be, that is also the reason i asked if Vow of poverty would fit well with this because when you feral frenzy it says you destroy any gloves or boots/shoes you are have on. Doing that to magical items can be pricey and you lose 2 of the better sections of magical items for characters.

Venger
2019-06-28, 02:50 PM
The issue i see is you can not use power attack with unarmed strikes but can you use it with natural weapons ? As that is exactly what the claws will be, that is also the reason i asked if Vow of poverty would fit well with this because when you feral frenzy it says you destroy any gloves or boots/shoes you are have on. Doing that to magical items can be pricey and you lose 2 of the better sections of magical items for characters.

You can explicitly use power attack with unarmed strikes and natural weapons

You can’t add the bonus from Power Attack to the damage dealt with a light weapon (except with unarmed strikes or natural weapon attacks) (emphasis mine)

melee need magic items way more than casters, so vop is inadvisable to say the least.

magic items resize to fit the user, so you can always say your gloves are fingerless and your boots are sandals to let your gross nails come out without hindrance, or if your gm's gonna be a jerk about it, just pay to make those items slotless.

Hunterx
2019-06-28, 03:09 PM
You can explicitly use power attack with unarmed strikes and natural weapons

(emphasis mine)

melee need magic items way more than casters, so vop is inadvisable to say the least.

magic items resize to fit the user, so you can always say your gloves are fingerless and your boots are sandals to let your gross nails come out without hindrance, or if your gm's gonna be a jerk about it, just pay to make those items slotless.

yeah the slot less maybe the way to go because he will be a jerk about it.