PDA

View Full Version : What race am I? - A challenge.

Cogwheel
2007-10-08, 04:31 AM
Rimewing, Spirit of the land

Each tribe has a different name for him. Each totem, a different representation. Each druid, a different level of respect.

Yet the spirits gave him but one name – Rimewing.

Created to be above his kin, the spirits of his kind suffused his mind and soul. Each waking moment, they whispered to him. he was made with a divine spark in his mind, granting him intelligence far superior to his primitive animal kin. Trekking through the Frostfell, he knew his duty – to protect the land from those who would defile it. The long winter must be sustained.

Created by Auril herself, he was the spirit of the land, and he must not allow the long frost to end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dark blue, icy fires surrounded him, the cold walls of blue ice glimmering in the weak blue light. The smell of incense filled the room, as robed men and women danced around a frigid fire, arms raised, chanting in the mysterious language of ice – one that Rimewing knew well. On this day, Auril had given him a new duty. he had learned of the outside world, learned of the deserts, the mountains, the forests and swamps that lay beyond the Frostfell. For many years, he had defended the forest. Those that would defile it were left in a frosty grave. For many years, he had defended the winter.

Now, the winter must grow.

So it was that Rimewing left the land he called home, the land that he was tied to from the moment that Auril created him. he set out to gain power, for he was no fool, and knew that his magic as it was would not be enough. When he found the power he sought…

On that day, the world would know of Auril’s will. On that day, the great winter will come…and it shall never end.

By Auril, the winter shall never end.

Just realized it's shorter than my average. Anyway... the challenge is thus - guess what race Rimewing is? I'm telling you that he's a sorceror/frost mage with the Spirit Animal template (Frostburn). The rest? Well, I'm giving the board five guesses, and then I'll announce the answer.

happy guessing!

Caewil
2007-10-08, 05:52 AM
An anthropomorphic or awakened bat/bird. I'd go with a raven.

Lord_Gareth
2007-10-08, 05:55 AM
Think in terms of the Frostfell, dude - bats and most birds -die- horribly there.

(Yes, I know the answer, no, I won't say what it is).

Caewil
2007-10-08, 06:17 AM
I think I know what it is too. An anthropomorphic penguin.

Cogwheel
2007-10-08, 09:11 PM
Any more guesses, or should I just close this now?

Starsinger
2007-10-08, 10:48 PM
I'm gonna guess Rimefire Eidolon.. dunno why though..

Cogwheel
2007-10-08, 10:51 PM
hint: Rimewing, also decidedly evil and not connected to hleid.

jjpickar
2007-10-08, 10:52 PM
A duck!

(sorry it just had to be said)

Cogwheel
2007-10-08, 11:48 PM
Why did it have to be said? Just wonderin'

Also, two more guesses - good luck to y'all!

Lord Tataraus
2007-10-09, 12:19 AM
Human? I mean its worth a shot. Otherwise I'd go with some kind of fey, I don't know frostburn that well.

Seffbasilisk
2007-10-09, 01:51 AM
Phrenic Winged Uldra

Machete
2007-10-09, 02:15 AM
A duck!

(sorry it just had to be said)

Is that a demonic duck of some sort! *points*

*runs*

Half-White Dragon Template something?

Cogwheel
2007-10-09, 03:32 AM
I thought Spirit Animal would give you some sort of hint. Oh well... your 5 (6, actually) guesses are up...

Seriously? Well, here goes nothing...

Arachnid got it right - sort of. he's an anthro penguin (or possibly spirit animal/awakened by fiat). Took him two guesses and a hint, but he got it.:smalltongue:

he has Fimbulwinter and Frostfell on his spell list, ofcourse. he has a mobile fortress in the from of a Skyberg (iceberg, but flies. Thank you, Frostburn) with a stronghold carved into it. Said Skyberg is carved from Blue Ice (ice that melts at the same temperature as steel. Again, Frostburn) and is manned with weapons that include ballistae made to fire huge icicles. he keeps a contingent of ice beasts (effigy-esque, but slightly different, made from ice/snow) and an ice golem (Frostburn...pattern recognition, anyone?), plus summoned creatures.

As for quotes...

(when casting Fimbulwinter+Permanency) "Let the Frost Queen's neverending reign begin."

"Just smile and wave, boys. Just smile and wave." (only kidding! Thank you, Madagascar)

...On your next post, let me know if it took you until this line to realize that he is not, in fact, a serious character. I just get a kick out of roleplaying him as such and seeing how long it takes for the penny to drop, so to speak.

Be honest, now! I promise I won't laugh! ...Well, only a little:smalltongue:

Dode
2007-10-09, 03:49 AM
Half-Farspawn Ape?

Cogwheel
2007-10-09, 04:38 AM
Half-Farspawn Ape?

Really, horribly, impressively, spectacularly off. I don't even know what made you come up with it...

'Sides, the answer is one post above yours:smalltongue:

0oo0
2007-10-09, 11:30 AM
What you're really missing is flying walrus commandos, or maybe narwhal shock troops.

Telonius
2007-10-09, 01:38 PM
An Awakened Penguin! Better hope there are no Batman wizards around. :smallbiggrin: